Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,763 members, 7,851,602 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Nysc Camp, Obs And The Two Tags Of Leadership Ii - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nysc Camp, Obs And The Two Tags Of Leadership Ii (502 Views)

How To Join The OBS (orientation Broadcasting Service)at Camp,and Things To Know / Tallest And Shortest Corpers In Enugu NYSC Camp (Photo) / Soldiers Welcome Corpers To Kogi NYSC Camp With Their Luggage On Their Head (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nysc Camp, Obs And The Two Tags Of Leadership Ii by Jimsonjaat86: 11:36pm On Oct 20, 2021
TỌBA ADÉDÈJÌ CHALLENGE

Tọba was a coursemate from OND days (2014-2016) and he served in the same OBS as head Writers 2019/2020. He came to camp twice to see me among other things.

While I was thanking him on WhatsApp on the first visit, he said that edited 69 stories as OBS Head Writers. I asked, "am I supposed to beat that?" He came around again the second day and told me details of his editing experiences at OBS. That they still brought him news to edit even when he landed in the camp clinic some 48 hours to leave the camp. I asked how? He said he participated in many other activities aside OBS, including Platoon's.

I unanimously made 70-stories my own challenge after I announced it via WhatsApp status. It was a great surprise that Mr. Chucks Okoji, Cypher Muhammad, Classic Olayinka, Ìtàn Ayòbámi Africa were on the fore among people who were following the tallies as I kept updating in the days that followed.

Sadly (for me though), I didn't get to beat his record as I was made OBS Coordinator.

I was able to arrange news that passed through me as followed:
JULY 28, 2021

1. VETERAN ACTOR VISITS NYSC ỌṢUN CAMP, REINFORCES NATIONAL UNITY

JULY 29, 2021
2. MRS OLOWO ENLIGHTENS PCMS ON IMPORTANCE OF SAED
3. REDEEMER UNIVERSITY DONATES PPMs TO NYSC OSUN CAMP
4. ALHAJI ADAMU CHARGES PCMs TO ADHERE TO CAMP RULES AND REGULATIONS
5. ADEMOLA WARNS AGAINST SELF MEDICATION FOR COVID-19 RELATED CASES
6. OSUN NYSC PAYS TRIBUTE TO FALLEN PCMS
7. SERVICOM IS DESIGNED TO CORRECT CERTAIN ABNORMALITIES - MR FAGBEMI

JULY 30, 2021

8. DSS SENSITIZES PCMs ON SECURITY MEASURES AND CONSCIOUSNESS.
9. ADEWARA CHARGES PCMS ON IMPORTANCE ON REGISTRATION

JULY 31, 2021
9. NYSC OSUN STATE COORDINATOR APPOINTS NEW CORPS CAMP DIRECTOR
10. GENERAL JOE ENLIGHTENS OSUN PCMS ON VARIOUS SECURITY TECHNIQUES
11. HAVE A GOOD KNOWLEDGE OF NYSC'S RULES AND REGULATIONS - FATOGUN

AUGUST 1ST, 2021
12. OSUN NYSC CELEBRATES WELCOME PARTY IN GRAND STYLE
13. ADEGOKE IMPLORES PCMS TO PLAY THEIR PART TOWARDS NATIONAL INTEGRATION EFFECTIVELY

AUGUST 2ND, 2021
14. OSUN NYSC HOLDS AWARENESSES RALLY AHEAD OF THE OPENING CEREMONY
15. OSUN NYSC EDUCATES CAMP MARKETERS ON FIRE SAFETY
16. FOIA GIVES PEOPLE A RIGHT TO INFORMATION, AIDS TRANSPARENCY AND ACCOUNTABILITY, OTEMUYIWA TELLS PCMS
17. ADEGOKE CHARGES CORPS MEMBERS TO BE COMMITTED TO BUILDING A UNITED SOCIETY
18. NYSC OSUN STATE COORDINATOR INAUGURATES COVID-19 TASK FORCE
19. ALH. TAOFIK EDUCATES CORPS MEMBERS ON REGULATIONS GUIDING RELOCATION
20. NYSC OSUN KICK STARTS SPORTS ACTIVITIES

AUGUST 3RD, 2021
21. ENSURE YOU REPRESENT YOUR CULTURE RIGHTLY, CD INSTRUCTS CORPS MEMBERS
22. DRAMA IS AN ARTISTIC DISPLAY OF INFORMATION, THERE IS MESSAGE IN BETWEEN - OSUN CAMP DIRECTOR
23. SHUN HARD DRUGS AND NARCOTICS - DAUDA ADMONISHES CORPS MEMBERS
24. SAED ERADICATES POVERTY AND UNEMPLOYMENT, ADEGOKE
25. YOU ARE THE IMAGE OF NYSC, OKUNDAYE TELLS CORPS MEMBERS
26. BE SURE OF YOUR HIV/AIDS STATUS - OMODARA
27. ENDEAVOUR TO IMBIBE THE ỌMỌLÚÀBÍ CULTURE, EBURU OF IBA ADMONISHES CORPS MEMBERS

AUGUST 4TH, 2021
28. SAED: DON'T NEGLECT THE IMPORTANCE OF PLANNING, NDE TELLS OSUN CORPS MEMBERS
29. NIGERIA YOUTHS NEED TO BE VALUED-ORIENTED - IBIKUNLE
30. There Is A Reward For Faithful Service - Mrs Olawale Tells Corps Members
31. Fanmilk Vendor Donates Wall Clock To NYSC Osun
32. YOU HAVE THE CAPACITY TO END CORRUPTION- INGOBRO TELLS CORPS MEMBERS

AUGUST 5TH, 2021
33. BE GOOD AMBASSADORS OF THE SCHEME AND YOUR PARENTS- DG NYSC
34. ADEGOKE SENSITIZES CORPS MEMBERS ON NYSC ACTS AND BYE LAWS
35. NYSC KICKS OFF HANDS-ON TRAINING

AUGUST 6TH, 2021
36. CONDUCT YOURSELVES AND MAKE THE BEST OF YOUR CDS - AYIBIOWO
37. AVOID UNAUTHORIZED TRAVELS, ADAMU WARNS CORPS MEMBERS
38. ADELEKE CHARGES CORPS MEMBERS TO DEVELOP QUALITY VALUE SYSTEMS

AUGUST 7TH, 2021

39.MAN O WAR DRILL
40. Mindthegap.ng Programme
41. Fire accident are preventable, Ọṣùn State FIRE TELLS CORPS MEMBERS
42. OSUN NYSC DEBUNKS COVID-19 POSITIVE CLAIMS
43. SOCIAL NIGHT

COORDINATORSHIP

August 8th, 2021 we (OBS members) were called to the Pavilion for undisclosed purpose(s). I remember I sat between Audu Aisha Abosede and Ihrivbogbe Cecilia Oyindamola who are both in my unit and Ozuwo Beatrice Edward who headed presenters. We were chatting away as usual.

Again Ofure and Agboola did the talking. Units' heads were called out (Babarinde Tosin was absent) to give some feedback on their units. We did. And went back to our various seats.

I didn't even know what else was being said because I was deep in conversation with the girls. Suddenly I heard my name being called by more people, I raised my head to see I was being summoned at the front. When I got there I couldn't make a head or tail of what's being said, but I heard "Coordinator" said. And that was that.

Cecilia was also called and I gave her my (now former) tag as head Writers and I was given another one that read "Coordinator".

Expectedly, congratulations reeled in. Yes. I allowed it however soon grew weird and tired. Later embarrassed. So embarrassed that I turned my tag innerward for 72 hours. Israel Oghenesodjha (of Photography Unit) was the first runner up in this regard, he busied himself calling me "coordinator" whenever we saw.

SIDE TRACKS
I become friends with two friends on camp who are worthy of mention: Aleem Idaya Opeyemi and Majeedah Muritala Adufẹ. The former served in the camp clinic and the latter was SERVICOM member and my Platoon member.

Miss Aleem lost her white t-shirt in the Multipurpose Hall and came to OBS to see if anyone would be kind enough to bring it there. She kept coming that I felt for her and decided to buy her another one. That's how we become good friends afterwards. Till date.

Miss Muritala become a good friend after we all mocked ourselves for not getting the matching training alright. We all laughed at ourselves and I approached her to know more, hence become friends.

Furthermore, I met with some friends on camp too. They included and not limited to:

Furthermore, I met with some friends on camp too. They included and not limited to:
Toluwashe Paul (Uncle Bright), Ejalonibu Rofiat Adéshẹwa, Alágbè Adenike, Dan Pherson (we also lived in the same room/hostel), Adeniyi Damilola Ifeoluwa (Dimension), Ogunjobi Joshua (Young Josh), etc

I remember below activities too:

1. I suggested three plays to my Platoon, Platoon 9 and they rejected them. But Debbie, a member of OBS and Platoon 8 called me to her Platoon. I narrated them the history of Ọṣùn River of Osogbo and scripted a three acts story for them. They came first and were appreciative of my gesture. It's written in Social Committee Report as "Finally, the social activities came to an end on a high and colourful note with a showcase of cultural diversities during the carnival. Subsequently, Plantoon 8 come first with 49.7 points, Platoon 1 second with 47.7 points and Platoon 5 with 47.3".

2. The Eburu of Iba, Ọba (Dr) Adekunle Adeogun Okunoye Oyedeji ll came to the camp to give speech on 4th of August. I had the privilege of chatting his praises while Abosede Audu Aisha gave him a present.

3. On the 7the of August, I, alongside Beatrice represented our Platoon 9 in Speech Contest, organized by Mindthegapdotcom team in collaboration with Google.

I afterwards wrote in the news, "Each Platoon had two members each who gave a talk about the topic of discourse for a duration of five minutes.

"After intense sessions, the debate ended with Platoon 2 coming 1st with 273.25 points, Platoon 4 came 2nd and Platoon 6 came 3rd, the platoons were rewarded with a cash gift of 10,000 naira, 7,000 naira and 5,000 naira respectively.

"Other positions include, Platoon 1 came 4th, Platoon 3 came 5th, Platoon 10 came 6th, Platoon 9 came 7th, Platoon 7 came 8th, Platoon 5 came 9th and Platoon 8 came last."

4. I thanked the NYSC Management during State Debriefing State Debriefing on the 1st of August, 2021. It is reproduced below:

While giving vote of thanks on behalf of fellow PCMs, Mr. Jimoh Taofik Adekunle with the Code No. OS/ 21B/0319 thanked the Osun NYSC for all it put in place in giving them nothing short of best value.

"On behalf of fellow Prospective Corps Members, we express our appreciation wholeheartedly to Osun NYSC Management, starting from Governor Oyetola Gboyega the executive governor of Osun State, Mr. Adegoke Ayodele the State Coordinator, Mr. Adamu Abdullahi the Camp Director, Captain P.M Egbe the Camp Commandant, Mrs. Jummai Adebola the DG Representative on camp, heads of units and other officers.

"We are assuring you of our commitment to national unity and continued coexistence as we promise to serve Osun State in good faith and in uphold national integration.

"We assure you of our part in ensuring we have a united Nigeria.

"We thank all officials for all they do in giving us best amenities any PCM could have anywhere in the country.

"We therefore promise to be of best behavioural disposal throughout our one-year programme and abide by the rules and regulations.

"Thank you. God bless you all."

(c) Jimoh Taofik Adekunle (JAAT)

(1) (Reply)

A Proven Business Model To Make You 200-500k Every Month / Full Ride Scholarships Canada For Africans 2022/2023 / Bitmain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.