Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. (26020 Views)

MSc Holder Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Abbreviations In His Application / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / This Was How I Lost A Bank Job Opportunity Yesterday . I Hope It Helps Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by emmeyen: 12:33pm On Oct 22, 2021
I'm so loving the comments. To think the op wanted to give advice. Yenyenyenyen undecided

9 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by akonam27(m): 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:
I just want to share this painful and bitter scenario to job seekers out there.

So we posted a job advert and over four hundred applied. Three were selected for interview and only one appeared.

Salary is about 150k for a start.

So this applicant came and did well in both oral and written interview but she was not given the job because of this:

She was given a paper to apply for the job. Excellent write up though but she messed up the whole paper with cancellation and instead of asking for a fresh paper to start over again; she even went ahead and handed over it like that to my boss.

My boss concluded that she was an untidy and scatty fellow.

And that was all.

Please take note of this and try not to make this mistake.

God grant you your desired jobs.

that your boss should go to hell, he doesn't want to give her the job b4, what kind of flimsy excuse is that...

2 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Hassanmaye(m): 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
BiggyB242:

No mind them. You are giving someone a job doesn't mean he/she should lick your feet. He is offering a service, you are both doing each other a favour.
Go to the US people are quitting their jobs, I read they pay for you to come do an interview in some companies(Walmart) and in the UK, there have been scarcity of truck drivers.
Very stupid company because they have a job

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Signum(f): 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
You and that ur boss are all stupid and mad! The best out of 400 candidates? Just because she made cancellation? How else do u want to prove she wrote it herself?

Mitchewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

4 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Bubblewitch: 12:34pm On Oct 22, 2021
Gudbadguy:
The company is not serious they would have given her more than one paper! Being the best out of 400 pipul is not an easy feat
Or even corrected her

2 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by avrilwisedata: 12:37pm On Oct 22, 2021
I hope your boss made a right decision. Only time will tell.
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by dododawa1: 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2021
God save the lady from your company,I se DANGER Ahead of her and God save her With the little mistake she did,GBAM.

2 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Kingstanding: 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2021
Gudbadguy:
The company is not serious they would have given her more than one paper! Being the best out of 400 pipul is not an easy feat
. What do expect from a country where a president is a school certificate holder and the vice president is a professor of law. That man is amongst of the problem this country is facing. I'm not sure the company belongs to him.

2 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:40pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

So we posted a job advert and over four hundred applied. Three were selected for interview and only one appeared.

So this applicant came and did well in both oral and written interview but she was not given the job because of this:

She was given a paper to apply for the job. Excellent write up though but she messed up the whole paper with cancellation and instead of asking for a fresh paper to start over again; she even went ahead and handed over it like that to my boss.

And that was all.

What ever happened to taking the best prospect and polishing him/her up?

Very silly decision-making on the part of your boss.

5 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by dododawa1: 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
Your boss + you + 150k should go to hell, nonsense.

7 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Proanalyst(m): 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

What's the job about?

Can you share me the contact of the applicant?

If all is cool, our company can employ her smiley

5 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Emma1Oj(m): 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

Just tell us power has change hand within a short while, because that's not a strong enough reason to disqualify her. If that's so it means there's no job security there. Unknown to her God delivered her from stress.

2 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by BOOF1995(m): 12:41pm On Oct 22, 2021
In all fairness, your boss no just wise...

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by careytommy37(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2021
You people are not ready. Something a simple correction would have solved.

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by SenecaTheYonger: 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2021
Did she have unlimited time? Why would she start over again from a new paper. Abeg commot.
adubam:

And that was all.

5 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Jeezuzpick(m): 12:42pm On Oct 22, 2021
Gudbadguy:

The boss is a very fickle lunkhead!

Take the best, show him his flaws and watch him improve!

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by EmekaBlue(m): 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2021
Your boss should getat

She will get somewhere bigger. 450k/month...He lost a spec

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Elonmuzk(m): 12:43pm On Oct 22, 2021
It seems like being a boss in Nigeria is next to being a mini-god.

7 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by julybaba(m): 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2021
Being able to detect and correct her mistakes on the spot is a rare trait.

Your boss is not smart, he lacks intuition.

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by obonujoker(m): 12:46pm On Oct 22, 2021
Seems your boss knew her from.somewhere
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by michoim(m): 12:47pm On Oct 22, 2021
Your boss is not ready to employ. With all his flimsy excuses, he's gonna wait for long...

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Shezzman: 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2021
You just shot urself on the leg. School is different from Job seeking.
Exodora:
That is not an excuse, back in school days one of my lecturer will prefer that you make mistakes than giving her everything straight as if you copied it some where .
As long as the cancellation is neatly done else I don't see why that should be a problem.
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Samcent: 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

Wetin self.....Una own too much...To be job seeker na crime?

Tell your boss that it is he and your organization that lost, not the lady.

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by olasquare: 12:50pm On Oct 22, 2021
My take to this is your boss is wrong to have denied her the job. My reason is, you claimed she did well in all the test conducted, in fact, excellently well. Her only flaws is she made too many cancellations in her writeups. However bad the cancellations are, what happen to on the job training. From my time past we have seen even multinationals taking applicants who they subject to trainings to (1) acquaint them with the principles of the company and (2) brush them up a bit to a level the company is most comfortable with, provided they have displayed excellence in the employee task and test given to them.

No one has it all. Your company's only concern is people adding to it and not they adding to their lives aside salary. Fine, she learnt in a hard way. God will give her a job that is much more greater and comfortable than this.

3 Likes

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by bukatyne(f): 12:51pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

If all she did wrong was the above, you guys lost an asset.

And the babe dodged a bullet grin

Goodluck on her next search.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by yusufhaji(m): 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2021
The company should have focused more on her potentials to achieving the goals and objectives of the company rather than irrelevant mistakes.

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Samcent: 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2021
OGraffix:
for lossing that kind of person your boss shouldn't b called a boss at all...this pure rubbish to me

In fact that boss needs to be fired!
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by Evii: 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

All these small companies with small take home that doesn't take employees home, why is it that your recruitment process is too rigorous and stressful...small employers pls wise up

1 Like

Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by funshint(m): 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2021
BigDawsNet:
I really don't know what to say

I used to know a Dr back in school...he taught me programming languages all through my years...

This Dr will give you programming codes written classwork...

You know when you dealing with codes ..error is normal ... sometimes when you review what you have just writing...you go back and cancel some symbols and included the right one...in short if this Dr see any sign of canceling, Painting or deep text in ur paper ..My Man! Na 0% you score be that...

So everyone has a policy!

His company his decision

I'm pretty sure they will consider her elsewhere
"His company, his policy"...lickass mentality! How do sum up a man's life by just one or a few mistakes?? Some people are just terrible. He should go and employ a robot instead. Nonsense!!! angry
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by SmithRussell(m): 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2021
Exodora:
That is not an excuse, back in school days one of my lecturer will prefer that you make mistakes than giving her everything straight as if you copied it some where .
As long as the cancellation is neatly done else I don't see why that should be a problem.
Well, that’s life. My lecturer back then in school will warn us not to use correction pen when writing exams, that he wants to see the mistake; but there was another lecturer who said that you must come to the exam hall with your own correction pen, because he doesn’t want to see any canceling on the booklet.
Re: How A Highly Intelligent Lady Lost A Job Opportunity. by ariesbull: 12:53pm On Oct 22, 2021
adubam:

And that was all.

please know that you guys are da.ft

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nampak Cartons Nigeria Ltd Management Trainee Recruitment, September 10th 2014 / REVEALED: 10 CV Mistakes That Could Cost You Your Dream Job / Fresh Jobs Recruitment In A Multinational Telecom Company (28 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.