Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,396 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:05 AM

Love , The Way Of Life- pastor chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Love , The Way Of Life- pastor chris (579 Views)

Deeper Life Pastor, Kumuyi Predicts Glorious 2015 / Deeper Life Pastor Abakporo Nabbed By FBI For Conning An Elderly Woman / Your Words Control Your Life - Pastor Chris (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love , The Way Of Life- pastor chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2011
Romans 13:8
Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth hath fulfilled the law

As hard as the children of Israel tried to obey the Old Testament Law, they couldn’t. Worse still was the fact that if they broke just one commandment, they had broken the entire Law:

James 2:10
“For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all”

God saw their helpless situation and came to their rescue by sending Jesus. The Bible says. “And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses; Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to the cross” (Colossians 2:13-14).

Jesus abolished the Law and brought us all into His love.How exciting and comforting to know that you don’t need to strive to fulfill the Ten Commandments, let alone the entire Law! When you walk in love, you have fulfilled the law:

Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law” (Romans 13:10).

The Old Testament folks couldn’t function in love as a way of life. But as a new creation, love is intrinsic in your nature; you don’t need to be commanded to love for love has become your way of life.

The Bible says in Romans 5:5 that the love of God is shed abroad in your heart by the Holy Ghost.
That love is what compels you to do the will of the Father and live for Him:

"For the love of Christ constraneth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead: And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again" (2 Corinthians 5:14-15).

So, if you’re born again, walking in love doesn’t have to be a struggle because you’re not trying to obey commandments. You were born with the nature of love; therefore, you can love God and love people naurally for you have in you the love-nature of your heavenly Father!

Dear Father, I thank you for giving me your nature of love and for granting me an understanding of your great love, that I may experience it in all its fullness and express same to everyone in my world, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Romans 13:10
Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law.

(1) (Reply)

We Design Religeous Website For Your Church,ministries,organisation.call 08030559825 / How to Strategise against the Instruments of Sin / God Can Qualify The Disqualified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.