Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,490 members, 7,850,712 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:47 AM

How to Strategise against the Instruments of Sin - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How to Strategise against the Instruments of Sin (583 Views)

Is It Fair That A Mere 70 Years Of ‪‎Sin‬ Be Punished By An Eternity In ‪‎Hell? / "How Is An Eternity In Hell A Just Punishment For Only A Human Lifetime Of Sin?" / Destination Of Sin By Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How to Strategise against the Instruments of Sin by yommyuk: 7:42am On Jul 10, 2011
Apostle Paul said in Romans 7:9-10

At one time I lived without understanding the law. But when I learned the command not to covet, for instance, the power of sin came to life, and I died. So I discovered what the law’s commands, which were supposed to bring life, brought spiritual death instead.

As Christians, there are some aspects of the Word of God that we do not fully understand concerning sin. We ignorantly do some things which are contrary to the word of God. However immediately the Spirit of God reveals these things to us, we come to full realisation of what a complete fool we have been.  The word of God pulls away the wool that Satan used to cover our eyes. What was hidden in the dark becomes exposed by the light of God. We become convicted of the life we used to live. The power of sin becomes alive. We come to know the nature of sin and what it really is.

Romans 6:12-13
Do not let sin control the way you live; do not give in to sinful desires. Do not let any part of your body become an instrument of evil to serve sin. Instead, give yourselves completely to God, for you were dead, but now you have a new life. So use your whole body as an instrument to do what is right for the glory of God.

MOUTH
The key word here is “CONTROL”. King David said in Psalms 5:9 that his enemies cannot speak a truthful word. That their talk is foul, like the stench from an open grave. Their tongues are filled with flattery. Let us ask ourselves, what do we use our mouths for? Is it to build or pull down our fellow human beings?

Proverbs 17:20
The crooked heart will not prosper; the lying tongue tumbles into trouble. 

The tongue is a flame of fire. It is a whole world of wickedness and has the power to corrupt the whole entire body. It is the tongue of mankind that is causing great havoc in the body of Christ today. Therefore let’s take heed. Those who control their tongue will have long life; but opening your mouth can also ruin everything.

FEET
It is with our feet that we move around. Where do your feet usually take you? Let us remember that part of the ritual that took place during Jesus Christ‘s crucifixion was to nail his feet to the cross. But Satan did not know that the bloodshed from those feet was part of God’s divine plan for mankind that will release us from the curse of sin.

The same God who told Moses to off his sandals for the land he was standing on is a holy ground is telling us today that his name is Jehovah Ramah. How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news! The Lord has set our feet on solid ground (which is in Christ). Whenever the evil one tries to tempt you to do his evil works with your feet. Stamp your feet on the ground and confess Romans 16:20 “The God of peace has crush Satan under my feet. May the grace of my Lord Jesus Christ be with me” ---- Amen

HANDS

Psalm 24:3-4
Who may climb the mountain of the Lord? Those with CLEAN HANDS and a pure heart,

Are you hands clean? Not in the literal sense (washed hands). Are you a giver or a taker? Do you use your hand to steal that which does not belong to you? Do you use your hand to handle unclean things? Man of God, you who lay hands on people! Are those hands pure?

1 Timothy 2:8
In every place of worship, I want men to pray with the holy hands lifted up to God, free from anger and controversy.

Keep your hands pure.

EYES

Our Lord Jesus Christ was very firm on the issue of “eye” in Matthew 5:29
So if your eye – even your good eye causes you to lust, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

Wow! Serious? Yep!

Matthew 6:22-23
Your eye is a lamp that provides light for your body. When your eye is good, your whole body is filled with light. But when your eye is bad, your whole body is filled with darkness. And if the light you think you have is actually darkness, how deep that darkness is!

Brethren, let us keep our eyes on Jesus, the originator and perfecter of our faith.

MIND AND HEART
This is the part of humans that engages in conscious thinking, feeling and decision making. In the Bible, mind is akin to the heart and not the brain. So I will merge  both together.

The bible said in Acts 4:32
All the believers were united in HEART AND MIND

Is your heart and mind united with the body of Christ? For Jesus Christ said “Remain in me, and I WILL remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me.”

The human body can deteriorate, but the mind and heart remains intact. If the enemy can control the mind and heart of a person, na confusion breaki bone be dat.

2 Corinthians 4:4
Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe,

I am not talking about only those outside the body of Christ, but also those who in the physical are within but spiritually are no different from those outside. I call them “sitting duck”. They are of no great value to the body of Christ. They are in it for what they can get out of it. Takers and not givers. (I’m not talking in financial terms). To them the adage “many are called but few are chosen” applies.

2 Tim 4:5
But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don’t be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and FULLY carry out the ministry God has given you.

Brethren, let us mediate in the above and live it out.

CONCLUSION

For we know that we are not fighting against flesh and blood enemies, but against evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. But God is telling us that we should be strong and courageous! For the lord our God will personally go ahead of us. Meaning before we set foot in our promise land, the Lord of Host has already been there and sanctified the land for us.  For we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus Christ the Son of God. Therefore let us hold on to what we believe. For this High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced them also during his sojourn on earth, yet he did not sin.

Philippians 2:13
For God is working in you, giving you the desire and the power to do what pleases him.

God bless wink

(1) (Reply)

How To Turn A Crisis Into An Opportunity / Daily Motivational Posts / The Myth Of Islam As A Religion Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.