Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,064 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? (38880 Views)

This New Plane Designed For American President Will Shock You (photos) - See Mor / Illegal Immigrants In The US Will Be Entitled Citizenship / For American Invitation Letter And Contact Also An Officer In The Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 10:35pm On Jun 02, 2011
SouthChi:

Its only legal to America if Americans only ask Americans to put a "ring"(bling bling) on it, lol, I bet if the US government could make  50,000 off immigration marriages per marriage then I bet it would be legal then, lol

US Immigration Services is worth BILLIONS OF DOLLARS.  They are not tripping off a few dollars that people pay the court to get married.  The courts are not making NO WHERE near what Immigration are making off the scams and dubious marriages as MBJ calls it.  People are selling their children and families just to get in America and Immigration is capitalizing off of it.  The only person harmed is the person who assumed the other person loves them and wants to be with them.  

If the person who is a citizen was suspicious of such lies then they can have the person deported on the basis of Fraud and deportees are shunned for life.  So it is a risk on both side, the person who is the citizen marrying or dating a non citizen who may be up to no good.

It is their life.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 10:37pm On Jun 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@Mrs C
yes some fat and ugly women may marry for love BUT we all know why many of our African brothas prefer them (especially when their Visa is about to run out)

Yes, MBJ I see a lot of that going on but what I am asking you what about the women who have claimed that they are not fat and ugly dating or married to Nigerian men?

You have already established the Fat and Ugly Theory now what about the Thin and Pretty Theory?
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2011
^^LOVE Mrs C, they marry for love!
there are 2types of marriage: LOVE ones or BUSINESS ones (arranged marriages dont count here)

the difference is that NO sane woman would marry someone they just met, but the ugly fat ones would, simply because they wouldnt want to lose their new found mate and possibly miss the chance in being married with such a great looking person!

also these guys play the game right by telling these "monsters" that they love them etc (even having babies with them)
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2011
SouthChi:

Thanks for the insight Ms.Chima,  I actually live in Chicago, IL,  I recently had a debate about this with a few women friends here about this topic. So I was just looking for some intelligent feedback such as what u provided.

I will say this, these marriages are leaving alot of children with no fathers here in Chicago. From what I have witnessed, is that after the marriage the fathers tend to treat the children like a joke. Many fathers even coerce their own children to marry their friends for citizenship.

I think as a rule. If you are going to use this method, I think impregnating the "fat/uglies"(as was stated) is a big mistake especially when you plan to divorce.

Even though there are a hype about African men and women dating or marrying American citizens in America for "love", many American women fall prey to such scams still.  Which I find interesting.  There is this white coworker who found out that her African husband has two wives before her and the child he claimed was his second wife.  She called the Immigration and he was faced in deportation court if he doesn't get his ducks in the row he will be heading right back to where he started from.  

I am not saying all African men or women are out there to scam others to get out of poverty or to hustle for survival but their actions is painting a bad picture in other countries. Some people say that Africa isn't the only continent involved in scamming which I totally agree because America and UK are into it heavily HOWEVER they are not being focused on intensely like Africa.  

Africans who are  trying to better their lives without involving criminal activities have a hard time proving to Immigration that they are not like their "lesser brothers" which sucks big time.  Immigration are tightening up their method but they will not stop allowing others to come in because that is how they are making their billions of dollars while gullible women and men are being scammed.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 10:53pm On Jun 02, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

^^LOVE Mrs C, they marry for love!
there are 2types of marriage: LOVE ones or BUSINESS ones (arranged marriages dont count here)

the difference is that NO sane woman would marry someone they just met, but the ugly fat ones would, simply because they wouldnt want to lose their new found mate and possibly miss the chance in being married with such a great looking person!

also these guys play the game right by telling these "monsters" that they love them etc (even having babies with them)

I guess you will skirt around what I asked you huh?  You have already established why African men are with fat and ugly women.  Follow this: Are skinny and pretty women saying yes to marriage with African men because they are afraid to lose their new found love as well and miss the change in being married with such a great looking person?

Now remember, you just said that fat and ugly women are with African men because they have no choice but why are skinny and pretty women are with African men?  They have no choice either? 

Oh the coworker that I was speaking about who just found out her African husband have two wives before her is not FAT NOR UGLY.  She is sending her husband back to Africa.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by SouthChi(m): 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2011
From my experience here (Chicago), most of the African men that I see are either with "unattractive" black women or white women(meaning very few are turning heads for a doubletake)  and  those are their easiest options because of the negative stigma that Black Americans have towards Africans in general.  Plus, I think Black Americans tend to look at African men as ugly and poor, therefore it would be difficult for an African man to integrate with a marriage in America unless his spouse didn't share that generalized prejudice or if he was financially well off ,as say, a doctor could be.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by tpia5: 11:09pm On Jun 02, 2011
, I think Black Americans tend to look at African men as ugly and poor,

that was before the man scarcity and global recession.

now they love them as they are.

even obj sef could find wife anywhere [money or no money] had he been so inclined.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 11:13pm On Jun 02, 2011
SouthChi:

from my experience here, most of the African men that I see are either with "unattractive" black women or white women,  and  those are their easiest options because of the negative stigma that Black Americans have towards Africans in general.  Plus, I think Black Americans tend to look at African men as ugly and poor, therefore it would be difficult for an African man to integrate with a marriage in America unless his spouse didn't share that generalized prejudice or if he was financially well off ,as say, a doctor could be.

On the generalized part, you are right which explains why there are only a very SMALL amount of African to Black Americans marriages opposed to HUNDREDS of African to White Americans marriages.  Even if the man is a doctor or lawyer MOST black American women still have reservations opposed to white American women hence the large amount of marriages between white women and African men.

White women are more likely to marry or date African or black men because of the BIG manliness hype.  I am not saying ALL WHITE women are into that but quite a large amount of them believes ALL BLACK MEN are packing regardless if they are in USA or Africa.  

Now I have to give props when props due, the African men that are dating women or married to women not all of them are unattractive.  It is a mixed of both.  Young African men are NOT WITH FAT AND UGLY women under no circumstances in America.  Older African men tend to care less but still have preferences however.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by SouthChi(m): 11:25pm On Jun 02, 2011
Well first of all, the Africans that tend to marry the "fat ugly" sisters are usually fresh off the boat and of course older people. But young "attractive" africans that immigrate to America can marry American born "nigerians" or anybody elses that shares a positive opinions about their looks, there chances are as good as any.

I personally see the beauty in all blacks in all countries and think its ridiculous for people not to see their brothers and sisters as their own, across any ocean. In that context, this issue(marrying for citizenship) is more about preying upon the weak and desperate.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by tpia5: 11:26pm On Jun 02, 2011
Well first of all, the Africans that tend to marry the "fat ugly" sisters are usually fresh off the boat and of course older people

younger ones mostly, i should think.

I personally see the beauty in all blacks in all countries and think its ridiculous for people not to see their brothers and sisters as their own, across any ocean. In that context, this issue(marrying for citizenship) is more about preying upon the weak and desperate.

not sure what you're saying here because you're the one offering marriage for citizenship for $50,000.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 11:32pm On Jun 02, 2011
SouthChi:

Well first of all, the Africans that tend to marry the "fat ugly" sisters are usually fresh off the boat and of course older people. But young "attractive" africans that immigrate to America can marry American born "nigerians" or anybody elses that shares a positive opinions about their looks, there chances are as good as any.

I personally see the beauty in all blacks in all countries and think its ridiculous for people not to see their brothers and sisters as their own, across any ocean. In that context, this issue(marrying for citizenship) is more about preying about the weak and desperate.

You are right about the FOBAS (fresh off the boat Africans) who are into survival of the fittest will do just about anybody that thinks they are worthy.  

@bold part

That is sad and it will continue to happen until the end of time unfortunately.  If people take their time and screen BEFORE RUSHING and knowing who they are wasting their time with they will be much better off and less likely to be suckered however there is no 100% in this world either.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by SouthChi(m): 11:36pm On Jun 02, 2011
Okay, it seems obvious whats going on with the African men marrying Black American women, but what about African women marrying Black American men?

From what I see, African women don't do it nearly as much as the men do. Also, its rare to see African women with black American men, regardless of income or beauty.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by SouthChi(m): 11:38pm On Jun 02, 2011
@tpia, i'm not offering, i just wanted to know what the numbers were based on a debate I was having outside of this forum, ty 4 ur feedback smiley
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 11:44pm On Jun 02, 2011
SouthChi:

Okay, it seems obvious whats going on with the African men marrying Black American women, but what about African women marrying Black American men?

From what I see, African women don't do it nearly as much as the men do. Also, its rare to see African women with black American men, regardless of income or beauty.

The same generalizations that Americans have about Africans are the similar generalizations that Africans have about Americans.  Black Americans men are painted as lesser than White American men which why you see a lot of African women marrying, married, or dating white American men for obvious reasons.  

Most Asians have the same generalizations about BLACK MEN PERIOD regardless where they come from.  They have this preconceived notion that black men are up to no good which doesn't help when you see hundreds of black men in America jailed.  You also see African men in UK being hauled off because of someone crying rape or sexual harassment.  You also see the media uplifting white men to the highest degree in every field and skills and points out black men who excels are just "lucky" or "token nigga".  

I asked an African woman the question about why African women will not mess with black American men her response was Baby daddy drama.  Seriously that was her response.  She didn't expound on it or nothing.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by tpia5: 11:53pm On Jun 02, 2011
asians in asia are as into black men as americans are, generally speaking.

man scarcity may be real or imagined, but it is what it is.

a few african women date AAs, and a few more marry them, but most would rather stick with their own kind due to cultural differences i should think.

however, kids of direct african parents who were born and raised in the US, do prefer relationships with either white [including hispanics] or AA guys.

my two cents.

1 Like

Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by Nekai(f): 12:03am On Jun 03, 2011
Lol at annita. Why are u taking the issue so personally?
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by SouthChi(m): 12:10am On Jun 03, 2011
Okay, this is interesting discussing,

My experience is that black men are marrying outside of their "own" more without resistance in America, but I think more Black Men prefer a Black Woman of any shade,

Its funny and ironic when I recall some of the womanizing discussion I had with Nigerian men right here in Chicago. Its contradictory for an African woman to infer "baby mama drama" is
the reason not to date a black man, when so many Nigerian men are popping out illegitimate children left and right. Oh well, thats another topic,

I love this forum, it has so many challenging topics that need to be discussed,  I appreciate you all and I look forward to more.

1 Like

Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 12:31am On Jun 03, 2011
SouthChi:

Okay, this is interesting discussing,

My experience is that black men are marrying outside of their "own" more without resistance in America, but I think more Black Men prefer a Black Woman of any shade,

Its funny and ironic when I recall some of the womanizing discussion I had with Nigerian men right here in Chicago. Its contradictory for an African woman to infer "baby mama drama" is
the reason not to date a black man, when so many Nigerian men are popping out illegitimate children left and right. Oh well, that's another topic,

I love this forum, it has so many challenging topics that need to be discussed,  I appreciate you all and I look forward to more.

I do not know if you are new on this forum but however the trends of HYPOCRISY AND CONTRADICTORY seems to be the theme song of NL.  One thing you will know about Mrs. Chima is that I am a realist and sugary is not my forte.  If I feel that some of things that America are doing is wrong I will voice them out regardless if I am in America I will not defend fuckery.  I will point out wrong when wrong is done.  Simple. 

Yes, there are Nigerian baby daddies who have multiple women whom they are not married to in America.  They are facing the same poo black American men are facing and I have always stated that African men and black American are no different EXCEPT where they come from. 

For some strange reason, SOME of the African men thinks just because they are from Africa that white men looks at them DIFFERENTLY.   lipsrsealed lipsrsealed  Let me share this passage with you, an African brother was driving down the road to work and past a stop sign that was hidden behind the shrubbery.  A policeman rang his siren and pulled the African man to the side.  The policeman asked the guy for insurance information and driver license and the African guy asked him what's wrong.  Long story short, the African was instructed to pronounce his African name and the police told the guy that he ran the stop sign and that is against the traffic law.  The African guy responded saying oh I am from Kenya I didn't know that the sign was there.  The police responded back saying it doesn't matter where you are from but in America you must follow the law. 

Now this African man is the husband of one of my associates who told the story.  The point of all this is everything black in America are considered black.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by SouthChi(m): 12:48am On Jun 03, 2011
Yea, that's true in alot of communities,

But see Black Americans and White Americans have come a long way since our grandparents, but America has not changed in the same amount as a whole.

I think all immigrants in general are put in predicament of choosing a side and that choice is often made on the basis of the old days.

Also, blacks in general don't have the natural empathy towards anybody outside of their own "box". There's natural motivation to the history behind the man, we instead settle
for what only "seems to be" without the historical context or without a modern working knowledge of whats really going on in 2011,
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by toyemz(f): 1:03am On Jun 03, 2011
@poster
$50,000?
you dont have anything to do with that money
pls come and marry me and we can divorce just before the last cent is spent
think about this proposal please
im dead serious
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by SouthChi(m): 1:27am On Jun 03, 2011
toyemz:

@poster
$50,000?
you dont have anything to do with that money
pls come and marry me and we can divorce just before the last cent is spent
think about this proposal please
im dead serious

Its people that will do it for $15,000,  I wouldn't tarnish something that special unless we talking at least $1,000,000, lol, Im sorry, Im a contractor, I can make 50,000 in 3 months,

I was just curious and I appreciate the feedback, but this will be last thread that I will ever start of this subject matter.

However, I do welcome positive networking with honest people.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by Nobody: 1:31am On Jun 03, 2011
@Mrs C
i guess you didnt read properly what i wrote, so i will try again:
SKINNY (and other) WOMEN MARRY FOR LOVE but aint desperate in doing it therefore they dont rush into marriage with strangers!
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by toyemz(f): 1:33am On Jun 03, 2011
@ poster

hey don't get scared off
sometimes in life people get to do dumb and silly things
and had you gone ahead with this proposal it would have been classified as such

hey you a contractor, in what kind of business
hmmm that's got me thinking
but seriously if you are a contractor
with this kind of deal
and you are still talking about you welcoming positive networking with honest people
the only thing  i have in response is na wa for you !
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by MsPotato(f): 3:07am On Jun 03, 2011
Oh Poster, I heard you have USD 50,000.00. Please oh please can you borrow the whole sum of money to me? My father needs to buy a Vibrohammer for his latest project ooo. . . I promise to return you the money plus 5% interest by the end of next year. Please oh preety please/. . . . cry cry cry
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by Cosmass(f): 3:08am On Jun 03, 2011
At poster, Please, that is tooooo much, infact 10 much.
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 3:12am On Jun 03, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@Mrs C
i guess you didnt read properly what i wrote, so i will try again:
SKINNY (and other) WOMEN MARRY FOR LOVE but aint desperate in doing it therefore they dont rush into marriage with strangers!

I guess you didn't properly read what I wrote, so I will try again:

A coworker who is SKINNY married an African man after a short time of chatting him online is now divorcing her husband after finding out she is the THIRD WIFE. If she wasn't "desperate" she would have found that out simply by taking her time and RESEARCHING/INVESTIGATING whom she is chatting with.    

It is okay boo boo I know the deal. You did say you was born and bred in France so it makes sense.  wink
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by MMM2(m): 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2011
yep
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by Nobody: 11:34pm On Jun 04, 2011
@Mrs C
some conmen are better than others at finding desperate women.

as i said and repeat: most brothaz that go to a country with a 90days visa will focus on ugly and fat women to have a better chance at having a quick marriage. if they find a skinny one who fit that ¨desperate¨status, that most fat/ugly women posess, then why would/should they turn her down?!

the fact that your co worker is skinny and got played doesnt change the facts!
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by boy1(m): 12:04am On Jun 05, 2011
I dey kraze!some people still dey dream. . .
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by MrsChima(f): 12:12am On Jun 05, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@Mrs C
some conmen are better than others at finding desperate women.

as i said and repeat: most brothaz that go to a country with a 90days visa will focus on ugly and fat women to have a better chance at having a quick marriage. if they find a  skinny one who fit that ¨desperate¨status, that most fat/ugly women posess, then why would/should they turn her down?!

the fact that your co worker is skinny and got played doesnt change the facts!

Of course, opinions and facts are two different things.   wink   Hypothetically speaking, If you couldn't find a desperate fat and ugly chick before your 90 days was over would you pay 50 grand to a chick who wouldn't mind the extra cash?
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 05, 2011
lmao@ thread but even harder after seeing who the poster is!! grin grin
Re: Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship? by Ranoscky(m): 1:17am On Jun 05, 2011
I keep wondering and asking, what is the price for being an American citizen? or is America the nearest route to heaven?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Health Insurance For Study Purposes In Hungary (urgent) / Governor Zulum Begins Painting Of Flyover In Maiduguri Like Kaduna (Photos) / Can The Holder Of Uk Visa Travel To Other Eu Countries? Like Schengen?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.