Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,266 members, 7,818,922 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:08 AM

Beyonce says Girls Run The World? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beyonce says Girls Run The World? (688 Views)

MTN Project Fame Winner, Geoffrey Says Girls Are Not Making Him Rest / Man Crowned MR UGLY Says, Girls Fight For me Now / Beyonce Says “making Love” To Jay Z Calmed Her Nerves Before The Super Bowl Show (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce says Girls Run The World? by MyneWhite1(f): 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2011
In her last single, Beyonce is basically saying that girls, we run this world. But my question is, DO GIRLS REALLY RUN THE WORLD?

While I do not grudge the song, or even the motivational wallop it packs, it would be small minded of women to think we've got to eldorado. It is still a man's world, and the glass ceiling is firmly in place! If we begin to reason in the lines of Beyonce's lyrics, we'll miss the way, and may even be lulled to complacency. Some of the questions to keep in mind are,

- In majority of the professions, do women earn the same as men?
- In government, are there equitable numbers of women represented?
- Do as many girls as men get the same level and standard of education?
- What about healthcare, especially in sectors where women are predominantly affected?
- Do women have the same access to capital to boost their economic capacity?

Whereby figurehead women in entertainment (like Beyonce herself, Lady Gaga and Oprah) may be making waves, we have to look at the bigger picture. We're not superwomen, and we don't rule the world. YET!

Follow the debate - http://www.mynewhitmanwrites.com/2011/05/debate-tuesday-beyonce-run-world-girls.html

Re: Beyonce says Girls Run The World? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jun 04, 2011
Can't be bothered with the question. tongue

But that song's gotta be the most unmelodious song I've heard yet. Totally unnecessary.
And which world do the girl's run that was displayed in pant and bra all over the video? Roflmao. How serious would you take people like that?
More likely they run the strip clubs. grin grin grin grin
Re: Beyonce says Girls Run The World? by newmusic: 2:01pm On Jun 05, 2011
Whoever runs the world nobody cares. I cant stop watching the video, with the mix of dance steps. I think beyonce just want to entertain with the video and not really care about the lyrics after all her husband(jayz) run the town and now she runs the world. kudos to them.

Let me watch those dance steps again,

(1) (Reply)

Ay Live / Tuface Exclusive Interview With Golden Icons [video] / Ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.