Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? - Family (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? (67943 Views)

Would You Still WANT To Be Married To Your Spouse In Your Next Life? / What's It Like To Have Your Wife/husband Cheat On You? / Woman Who Claims To Be Married To Army Colonel Found Wandering In Ondo. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Oct 25, 2021
jclassiq:

Yeah, but you must choose your own burden -- burden of loneliness or burden of caring for another human being
Do you know why many kids end up abandoned or abused? undecided
It is because people pretend they can mask or resolve one problem by picking up another to carry. undecided

Children don't resolve problem of loneliness and a selfish individual does not automagically transform into an altruistic being after having kids. A child is not a toy or or tool. undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by AutoChick4U(f): 9:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Do you know why many kids end up abandoned or abused? undecided
It is because people pretend they can mask or resolve one problem by picking up another to carry. undecided

Children don't resolve problem of loneliness and a selfish individual does not automatically become altruistic by having kids. A child is not a toy or or tool. undecided
A man? Love interest? I see no reason why one would abandon their kids if they got d means to care for them. Ever heard about emotional anchors? Kids could give one a sense of responsibility and attachment but its important to find a partner as well

1 Like

Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by texasux: 9:50pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ok
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Kobojunkie: 10:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
AutoChick4U:
A man? Love interest? I see no reason why one would abandon their kids if they got d means to care for them. Ever heard about emotional anchors? Kids could give one a sense of responsibility and attachment but its important to find a partner as well
Tell that to the hundreds of kids abandoned for one reason or another by parents who no longer want them or they are an inconvenience to. undecided

Kids could give one a sense of responsibility and attachment, but that sense can also fade over time, leading to devastating outcome for the child in question. We hear stories of such things happening every day, and having a partner is no guarantee for the children either. So unless a person is ready to shoulder the full consequence of having a child, it is best to look for emotional anchors elsewhere... in a sibling maybe. undecided
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by AutoChick4U(f): 7:58am On Oct 26, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Tell that to the hundreds of kids abandoned for one reason or another by parents who no longer want them or they are an inconvenience to. undecided

Kids could give one a sense of responsibility and attachment, but that sense can also fade over time, leading to devastating outcome for the child in question. We hear stories of such things happening every day, and having a partner is no guarantee for the children either. So unless a person is ready to shoulder the full consequence of having a child, it is best to look for emotional anchors elsewhere... in a sibling maybe. undecided
Or pets
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by hushshinani(m): 8:18am On Oct 26, 2021
That's really painful. But I have 2 kids, I'm 35, if you don't mind to be a second wife
Re: What Is It Like To Grow Old And Never Be Married? by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On Oct 26, 2021
AutoChick4U:
Or pets
I would rather anyone needing an emotional anchor seek the help of a psychiatrist instead. undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (Reply)

US Soldier Flies Home To Surprise His Parents And Walks In On Them Having Sex / Photo Of The Day: Father & 5 Children On A Suicide Mission / My Husband Always Tells Me To Leave His House During Quarrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.