Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,359 members, 7,857,313 topics. Date: Tuesday, 11 June 2024 at 03:16 PM

First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder (31479 Views)

Femi Otedola Exposes ‘fraudulent’ Transactions In Zenith Account / Femi Otedola Emerges Largest Shareholder In Tony Elumelu's Transcorp / Fewa Otedola: Meet Femi Otedola's Autistic & Only Son (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Tboyfrosh123(m): 12:22pm On Oct 24, 2021
is first bank Nigeria on nairaland cause I have a very serious complain?
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by SirBunky85(m): 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
berbs:
I thought dem be dey deny before.
yes,their denial is justified cuz,otedola is not the highest shareholder in fbn but one of the highest/influential shareholders.for one to be the highest shareholder, one has to possess at least more than 50% of the total shares of the bank.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by SirBunky85(m): 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2021
Kemight15:
Yeye people

The head of their PR and head of media need to be fired

Less than 24 hours ago they claimed they didn't know dj cuppy's father and even referred to him as 'one man' now they are saying he's their oga patapata at the top

What does it cost them to first do their finding about who their latest sheriff in town is before running their mouth in the media like malami, apc and pdp?
pls can you show me where the article said that otedola is now the Oga patapata?
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Druss(m): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2021
5 per cent and some people are calling him most influential ... Education.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Born2conquer: 12:37pm On Oct 24, 2021
zoomman:

Thank you my brother, I thought I was the only one thinking that way, had to go to my FA text book to confirm.
Lol, it doesn’t always work like that! Having 51% of most HUGE companies like this is RARE.

What matter is the highest shareholder and it seems in this case, Otedola is the highest shareholder with 5% of the company’s valuation

1 Like

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Aristo3146(m): 12:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
Bewiseedet:
Does it mean the information is legit?
It's legit but 5% is insignificant. He does not hold controlling interest in FBH.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by lawflec(m): 12:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
Hahaha.
I think he meant takeover in the ordinary sense of having the highest voting shares of the bank and not the takeover in a technical sense of external restructuring (involving Acquisition or Merger or Takeover)

humilitypays:
The writer must be an Oduanistan, Otedola now owns First Bank with just 5% share, Nigerian journalists seems to be as useless as Nigerian Army grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by adabaraabdul: 12:51pm On Oct 24, 2021
pickatyoubackup:
This is the country I know of where people who are meant to be the first to know become the last to know or do not know at all.

Hilarious
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by MartinsD12(m): 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
DubaiLandLord1:
Following an Earlier Denial, First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola as a 'Significant' Shareholder

https://www.legit.ng/business-economy/1440127-femi-otedola-confirmed-major-shareholder-fbn-holdings/
Yes finally Femi Otedollar is now a major share holder in first bank plc and not a chair owner as one Nairalander said here yesterday grin
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by sematec(m): 12:52pm On Oct 24, 2021
first bank just fumbling why come out to deny it earlier
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Neurotika: 12:53pm On Oct 24, 2021
goaldynboy:

If with N35b he can acquire 5% of the Bank's equity;
Since 5% X 20 squalls to 100%

It necessarily follows that the bank is worth:

N35b X 20, which is equal to:

N700b

35 billion unit of shares, not market value of 35 billion naira. He bought 1.8 billion units out of the total issued shares. You must know the current share price to know the market value of the company.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by OBA117(m): 12:59pm On Oct 24, 2021
"Rich people are buying assets while poor people are buying liabilities which they think are assets.
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by LegalWolf: 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2021
orisa37:
FBN HOLDING PLC IS A CHARADE, A SHARIA, A SPLINTER AND AN OIC ARRANGEMENT.

FIRST BANK PLC IS OWNED PRIMARILY BY THE BOARD OF THE ORDINARY SHAREHOLDERS. CAMA RULES SUPREME.

What the heck are you saying? You’re as incoherent as [don’t let me say something bad]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by skj1377(m): 1:05pm On Oct 24, 2021
I think one Hakeem Bello did something like this in 1996 with UBA. Nothing came out of it last last. You can't become a billionaire by buying shares in a company no matter the price the shares was sold to you. The seller of the shares rather becomes the billionaire,, unless your are already rich through some other method. Industry is the only sure way if your lucky.
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Deserea: 1:19pm On Oct 24, 2021
I see First Bank treading the path of defunct Africa Petroleum.
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by CUMMAN: 1:27pm On Oct 24, 2021
Let's be honest, this platform as given us a chance as men to share what we love, without paying, why don't we take this chance and share ways of making money, if there is one thing bitches love, it's money, get the money and Bleep bitches until u die of AIDS, here is a link for a free leaked business course: https://direct-link.net/78643/Guide
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by temmarison(m): 1:30pm On Oct 24, 2021
If you do that, everybody's current shares will also be diluted.
The easiest way is for a shareholder to acquire even 1% higher than his 5% or 2 or more shareholders consolidate their shares to become higher in accordance with the SEC rules. Infact, 5% is not a joke for a company that has gone public.
Validated:

Is 5% the big deal? FBN can easily dilute the holdings by creating additional shares and repuchase a large chunk thereby reducing his stake to less than 5%

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by ppogba: 1:35pm On Oct 24, 2021
skj1377:
I think one Hakeem Bello did something like this in 1996 with UBA. Nothing came out of it last last. You can't become a billionaire by buying shares in a company no matter the price the shares was sold to you. The seller of the shares rather becomes the billionaire,, unless your are already rich through some other method. Industry is the only sure way if your lucky.

If you are making reference to Bello-Osagie's case as per UBA, something came out of it las las. HE WAS chairman of the bank till he was schemed out later by STB. It is totally wrong to say nothing came out of it.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Cousiim: 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2021
TempUser:
#First we define the variables
book_price = float(input("Enter Book Price: "wink)
discount_rate = float(input("Enter Discount in %: "wink)
shipping_rate = float(input("Enter Shipping Cost per book: "wink)
books_ordered = float(input("Enter the number of books ordered: "wink)

#Then let's make some calculations of discount price,shipping and the total cost
discount_price = (book_price * discount_rate / 100)
shipping_cost = (shipping_rate * books_ordered)
total_cost = ((book_price - discount_price) * books_ordered) + (shipping_cost * books_ordered)

#Now we print our statements as required:
print("Cost of Book : ", book_price)
print("Less discount price: ", discount_price)
print("Shipping cost : ", shipping_cost)
print("Number of Books ordered : ", books_ordered)
print("Total Wholesale Cost : ", total_cost)

Impressive. I’m a beginner in Python too. Let’s connect �

1 Like

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by raystanley(m): 1:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
toblosky:
Taught you have to have atleast 51% for a full takeover
it depends on numbers values of the top share holders in the said company.
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by InvertedHammer: 2:10pm On Oct 24, 2021
mrkels:
Why is the end of the article talking about take over ? With 5% stake ? Is the writer high or just incredibly stupid ?
/
Yesterday the report claimed that it was more than 50%.

Today FBN has clarified that it it 5.07%

The disparity in reportage is ridiculous.

/

1 Like

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Bimpe29: 2:26pm On Oct 24, 2021
First Bank truly the first and Otedola now truly has significant influence in strategic and operational decisions of the bank.
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by mediclife1987(m): 2:27pm On Oct 24, 2021
afamaustin:
And l only HV #25,806,00.God give me the wisdom to be billionaire.

Check am well, na shayo dey chop all your money, just like me cheesy
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Lugianostar(m): 2:29pm On Oct 24, 2021
Even after they denied him initially!!!!
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
skj1377:

This take is so wrong. People can acquire majority stakes and go on to unlock or hidden business value in many ways.
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2021
Deserea:
I see First Bank treading the path of defunct Africa Petroleum.

My fear as well

1 Like

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Gbajure(m): 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2021
kettykin:
I sincerely hope they will not kill this bank as the control for the Bank goes from market place to the board room

How pls? Those shares were previously owned by Otudeko. So just a transfer of ownership. And how is 5% controlling? Naija press sef!

1 Like

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Bowwow11(m): 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2021
Who God has bless no man can curse
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Freethinker87: 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2021
TempUser:
#First we define the variables
book_price = float(input("Enter Book Price: "wink)
discount_rate = float(input("Enter Discount in %: "wink)
shipping_rate = float(input("Enter Shipping Cost per book: "wink)
books_ordered = float(input("Enter the number of books ordered: "wink)

#Then let's make some calculations of discount price,shipping and the total cost
discount_price = (book_price * discount_rate / 100)
shipping_cost = (shipping_rate * books_ordered)
total_cost = ((book_price - discount_price) * books_ordered) + (shipping_cost * books_ordered)

#Now we print our statements as required:
print("Cost of Book : ", book_price)
print("Less discount price: ", discount_price)
print("Shipping cost : ", shipping_cost)
print("Number of Books ordered : ", books_ordered)
print("Total Wholesale Cost : ", total_cost)

Nice work.

A few observations though. You didn't declare the variables first. Next time declare the variables first before assigning the values, it'll make your work easier.

int main ()
{
float book_price, shipping_cost, etc
int books_ordered
}

Also try not to use 'underscore' when defining variables, instead use BookPrice in place of book_price, it's easier to write, read and debug.

And lastly, books_ordered is an integer, I know it doesn't matter a lot but it does. Good work nonetheless, happy coding!

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Smile4mee01: 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2021
Baba God. This is the quadrant I want to be. An investor. Nothing, i repeat..Nothing beats passive income.

This work till I retire @ 65 life style don taya me.
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Jidegaf(m): 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2021
.Federal government is now infecting all organization in the country with denial-then-accept syndrome.This time around first Bank of all people.
But come o,how can someone with 5% take over a company.
However invest wisely,make your home an asset and not a liabity .Contact us .Al Adni Homes and properties limited.
Re: First Bank Holding Confirms Femi Otedola As A Significant Shareholder by Carlyscales: 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2021
mrkels:
Why is the end of the article talking about take over ? With 5% stake ? Is the writer high or just incredibly stupid ?

He's currently the single highest shareholder of d Bank shares.

Ideally he's supposed to become the chairman of the the bank

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Naira Depreciates Against Major Currencies / Naira Gains as Nigeria’s Central Bank Boosts Dollar Supplies - Bloomberg / Aliko Dangote Dances Zanko To Teni's Song In New York

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.