Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:35 AM

I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy (54526 Views)

I'm Getting Tired Of This Marriage! / He's Hurting Because I'm Getting Married. / Married But I'm Not Connected With My Husband, Hence I'm Depressed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Realdeals(m): 10:12am On Oct 25, 2021
I don't know why I'm seeing all your excuses as one way. What I've observed is that an average human being set an high expectation from others, without looking inward ourselves if we are offering same as expected.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Oselu28(f): 10:13am On Oct 25, 2021
I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

Postpone the wedding date to a futher date and disappear later. Easier than calling it off all of a sudden.

Tbh if it doesn't feel right now it won't get better later. Irrespective of your decision people will talk so choose YOU FIRST all the time

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Ifyzidane: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2021
Hope d guy man never hypnotise with some spiritual matters, haunty u better go on kneels and pray to God
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by ismoney: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2021
Hmm
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Pilot007: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I will be getting married in 3 weeks time but I'm not happy
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce.

I'm overwhelmed! I'm physically strong but I'm weak.
Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

Please call off the wedding, there is no shame in it o. Abeg it is better than breaking up with kids. May God help you.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by lexxwiz(m): 10:13am On Oct 25, 2021
It’s simple. Just drop you parents number, let’s help you tell them. By the time they receive like 50 text msgs saying thesame thing, they’ll contact. Cheers

2 Likes

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by altteemy: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:
I'm getting married to a man who has beaten me two different times. I'm getting married to a man who is heartless and doesn't know how to love and treat a woman right. I'm getting married to a man who does not have a mind of his own.

Just don't want to wake up from my sleep so I won't have to continue with this marriage plans as I can't stand the shame of calling off the marriage at this time.

What you condone before marriage usually gets more afterward as there is the notion of "you are going nowhere".

A friend once told me that his then-fiance used to misbehave to him. After he had paid the bride price and she misbehaved, he beat her up. According to him, it was something he dared not do before but the bride price gives him the right to do as he did.

Think on this dear.

P.S You need to get yourself financial stability. Go out and get a well paying job.

Wishing you well - Teemy
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Basicend: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Simple, don't go ahead with it.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by emmnprince(m): 10:14am On Oct 25, 2021
Your choice to make.

Marriage is not a do or die affair.

Make the right decision.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by FreeIgboho: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2021
Simple:
JOIN THE CLUB

This life is a set-up. Only few realize it on time and step outside the box and live a free and happy life!
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by PROPHETmichael: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2021
Your problem is lack of money! You're scared that the financial benefit will stop and there is no other means of surviving financially outside him. Hence, the reason you're enduring.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by CBPATRICK(m): 10:14am On Oct 25, 2021
Why can't you leave, it as if the man is good on bad and you can't afford to loose such wanderful play on bed.
Aside that. You know what to do but something is holding you down say that thing out then you can get good advice and courage from fans
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by seyz91(m): 10:14am On Oct 25, 2021
I don't believe this shiit undecided

sound so unreak undecided

fabricated

imagine the nonsense thread i wokeup to read the early monday morning undecided

i need go back to sleep
Warrior14:

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by lonelydora: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

Better a failed relationship (courtship) than a failed marriage (divorce). Call off that that wedding now before it is too late.

Do you want to be adding "Divorced" when filling a form?
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by emmyluizzz: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

do not call off that wedding ...I repeat do not
he will change ...
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by silverx(m): 10:14am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

I'm getting married but I'm already thinking of divorce. Then continue killing yourself all in the name of getting marry, somebody Is killing you and you still want to remain there is that not madness from your path? Orishirishi.

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by JayPeeOham: 10:14am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

So you would rather embark on this suicide mission than to endure 2 or 3 weeks of shame

By the way, did you it see all these signs you mentioned before saying"YES" to him??

Modified: It's better to be an ex-girlfriend/fiancee than to be a divorcee... Don't you ever think that divorce is as cheap or easy as the world makes it to look!!

There's more than meets the eye!!!
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by EmyGod(m): 10:14am On Oct 25, 2021
Once married is ever married Unless you caught your spouse red handed with another man or woman since both of you are still planning to settle down it is better you call it off but to me it is even getting late because I believe the man has done the traditional marriage and paid your dowry, what were you thinking all this while to this present moment you come realise your danger ? You got to apologize to that man for waisting his time and money before you call it off because of tomorrow.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Surveyor3: 10:15am On Oct 25, 2021
If he has beaten you mercilessly before, run. God already given you signs he is not for you.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Mirawonder007(m): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2021
Inability to make a decision is one of the greatest mistake in life at least u will be close to 30
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Onepointfiveodds: 10:15am On Oct 25, 2021
The only thing i see here is, op benefits more financially from this monster...

Wanting to marry someone like that goes beyond love..

It's either op is old and desperate to get married or the man is her only source of income.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by AdmissionTipz(m): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2021
All this advice wey Nlander dey give are useless.... Go and marry him, na wetin dey your mind you go still do.....

By going through your prev posts, you have been advised to leave the man, but no, you are enjoying his money or his long d*ck..... Continue enjoying, your death Is near, very near..... You are ashame of cancelling the wedding, well no one will be ashame to cancel your potential funeral.....

Wish you shameless married life, then finally I will say RIP in advance....

Shebi you no wan wise abi
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by meetme01: 10:15am On Oct 25, 2021
Warrior14:

I am social worker with vast experience in martial issues. The rate of battery caused by divorce is enormous and the women involved saw the red flags but due to family intrusion and love at first sight believing, the man will change. Broken homes is on the rise caused by loving with pity.

My dear, it is not a curse. That man will still beat you. Th red flag you have seen and heard.

My dear, run for your life.

1 Like

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by MrCover: 10:15am On Oct 25, 2021
Nigeria ladies are the cause of their own problem
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by omoharry(f): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2021
Acidosis:
I pity you. You can't stand the shame of calling off a wedding? I hope you will be able to stand the 'shame' and pain of divorce after 3 kids?

All your threads so far on Nairaland are about this same monster that wants to kill you, yet you decided to plan your future with him. What do we call this now? Zero/dead self-esteem? Desperation? Abi na strong d**k wan make you sign your death certificate?
ouch!! that was harsh.Try and advice her with love a little na!
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Confidens52(m): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2021
I don't get what you are insinuating?did you think it's a week or month journey.if u know u are not comfortable with a guy don't even try date him for long not talk of getting married to him.
Open your shocked or u get ready for challenges
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Realwvn(m): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2021
Don’t think ! Just tell the man how you feel about not going through with the wedding. I’m sure you will feel better after
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by DAramis: 10:15am On Oct 25, 2021
The funny thing is that, majority of women advising her to jump out will willingly jump into such relationships as far as it will make them bear married woman title.

You will see people in worst relationship giving another woman advice on minor issue. Above all, beating is wrong sha.
Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by profsomebody(m): 10:16am On Oct 25, 2021
Shame or death? Choose wisely.
Warrior14:

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by chrisooblog: 10:16am On Oct 25, 2021
Don't enter into an abusive marriage thinking things will get better. Please prioritise your physical and mental health don't let anyone try to shame or blackmail you into any marriage because you will be the one to literally leave with the consequences of your decision not them. I pray God will sustain and give you someone that will genuinely love you and not cause you physical or mental pain. Stay blessed and may God continue to protect you in Jesus name.

Warrior14:

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Nobody: 10:16am On Oct 25, 2021
Call it off!
Warrior14:

Re: I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy by Crunchyg2: 10:17am On Oct 25, 2021
Teleprompter:
Don't do it please.

I'm too sleepy to give you all the reasons now.

Well, you may have a baby first and leave as fast as you can. Don't give him your money.

How old are you? You need to have cameras in that house you are moving to. All the best but experience is the best teacher.
You are a bad adviser

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Anja Ringgren Lovén Marks 4 Years She Rescued Hope, A Child Branded As Witch / Classic Ways African Parents Set Their Kids Straight(pics) / How Many Of You Did This? See Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.