Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement - Music/Radio (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement (6097 Views)

Ruff Coin - Sweet Music Remix Ft Rugged Man, M.I, 2shotz , Ella - / Eldee Battles Tecno Phone For Copyright Infringement / 2shotz Ft Mi - I Am William (official Video). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by Dsense(m): 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2011
The guy go chop nau grin
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by ikestarr: 1:54pm On Jun 05, 2011
Nigerians can be very ignorant cunts, excuse my french, when they choose too.
N5billion is around £25million. That is an apt amount to sue a global giant for.
So,if you say he has asked for too much or has no basis for suing I'd recomend you either go back to your PARO-PARO face me i face you and be content with your mundane Nigerian existence or STFU and let the young man fight for his . cool
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by Akainzo(m): 2:43pm On Jun 05, 2011
eldee:

And Nokia is obviously not that silly not to have paid at least someone for the ringtones.
Bona fide third party buyers means he'll prolly not even get anything from them.

And please don't try to justify the N5Billion claim for damages, even if Nokia made that much from the sales of the phones, it will be silly to think that people bought those phones because of 2shot's ringtone.
The Nokia brand used to be the biggest name in mobile communications just 3-4 years ago.

@eldee I don't know which law you want to rely on, but your 'bonafide third party buyer' has no basis in law. Nobody loses there rights to their IPs due to you making an honest mistake. Or would you believe I need not pay for your car if I happen to buy it wrongly from your brother? The young man has a case and NOKIA had better start getting themselves some good lawyers.

We however agree, he isn't gonna get anywhere near the 5B, but he sure would walk away with much except if he had made some foolish rights agreements earlier.
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by playboy19(m): 4:05pm On Jun 05, 2011
Some people are just too dumb and 2shotz is silly. Nokia? N5B? He must be stupid. That amount is damn too small. These companies knows how much they pay out of court in other Country. You asking a mere $30m is a joke and they will see you as one. If you are ever gonna sue a company as big as that with their High market presence in Nigeria, then you better really be doing it and not joking with it.

$100M would have sound better and let their attorney put his negotiation skills to work and see how much he can beat it to.
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jun 05, 2011
GUY U BAD GAN
U DEY PARA PASS 2SHOTZ HIMSELF GAN
KILODE?? cheesy
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by playboy19(m): 4:15pm On Jun 05, 2011
Donlittle:

GUY U BAD GAN
U DEY PARA PASS 2SHOTZ HIMSELF GAN
KILODE?? cheesy

Na true now. If you wan do something, really do ham well, no be play play matter. They dare not try it here in the states, they are doomed.
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by mrofficial(m): 4:49pm On Jun 05, 2011
2shotz won hammer cheaply. grin grin grin
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by Mynd44: 4:52pm On Jun 05, 2011
Big money.
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by eldee(m): 4:53pm On Jun 05, 2011
Akainzo:

@eldee I don't know which law you want to rely on, but your 'bonafide third party buyer' has no basis in law. Nobody loses there rights to their IPs due to you making an honest mistake. Or would you believe I need not pay for your car if I happen to buy it wrongly from your brother? The young man has a case and NOKIA had better start getting themselves some good lawyers.

We however agree, he isn't gonna get anywhere near the 5B, but he sure would walk away with much except if he had made some foolish rights agreements earlier.

WTF!!! Every property law has the bona-fide third party provisions. . . especially as Nigeria is a Common Law jurisdiction.
Nokia claimed they paid to someone. . . if that person is say the people 2shot sold the rights of the album to, prolly the Alaba Record Label, his claim will probably not be able to pin Nokia.

The issue at hand will become the fraudulent misrepresentation by the said record label and if Nokia could reasonably believe that 2shot put the company forward as rights-owners in his dealings.

I'm not sure about Nigerian law. . . but most common law jurisdictions(former UK colonies) are pretty much the same on this issue.
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by eldee(m): 4:57pm On Jun 05, 2011
ikestarr:

N5billion is around £25million. That is an apt amount to sue a global giant for.
So,if you say he has asked for too much or has no basis for suing I'd recomend you either go back to your PARO-PARO face me i face you and be content with your mundane Nigerian existence or STFU and let the young man fight for his . cool

So the issue here isn't how much Nokia made from the alleged breach of rights to intellectual property, but how big Nokia is??
And I'm the ignorant cunt?
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by MMM2(m): 6:52pm On Jun 05, 2011
never knew 2shot waz dat greedy.
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by senbonzakurakageyoshi(m): 7:43pm On Jun 05, 2011
i hope 2face got proper legal advice on this one. Thing is, he could have signed away his rights to the song, you know how we Nigerians are with contract terms and conditions. We're generally not interested in reading anything in the contract draft outside how much we're getting from it. A clause handing over his rights to the song could have been inserted in some contract he signed somewhere and he lost his rights to the song. I hope he has done enough investigation on the issue. It would simply not do to be embarrased by finding out that he signed away his rights to the song.
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by GoldCircle: 8:11pm On Jun 05, 2011
senbonzakura_kageyoshi:

i hope 2face got proper legal advice on this one. Thing is, he could have signed away his rights to the song, you know how we Nigerians are with contract terms and conditions. We're generally not interested in reading anything in the contract draft outside how much we're getting from it. A clause handing over his rights to the song could have been inserted in some contract he signed somewhere and he lost his rights to the song. I hope he has done enough investigation on the issue. It would simply not do to be embarrased by finding out that he signed away his rights to the song.

it's 2shot we 're talking about here. . . not 2 face bruv!
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by JAZES(m): 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2011
M M M:

never knew 2shot waz dat greedy.
There is nothing greedy abt what the man is asking for,
he has every right to do so and Nokia has every right to bargain too.
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by lanrewajew(m): 9:16pm On Jun 05, 2011
Good business grin grin i just hope he wil be paid 2 million in d end embarassed
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by vislabraye(m): 9:53pm On Jun 05, 2011
lanrewajew:

Good business grin grin i just hope he wil be paid 2 million in d end embarassed

2 million is not bad. If u convert it to naira it will swell up to almost half a billion.
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by steve49ja(m): 3:08am On Jun 06, 2011
ikestarr:

So,if you say he has asked for too much or has no basis for suing I'd recomend you either go back to your PARO-PARO face me i face you and be content with your mundane Nigerian existence or STFU and  let the young man fight for his . cool

I'm sick of people talking trash about people back home, if no be there dem born you, na there some of us stay grow so watch your language. It's annoying enough having white people move their purse when they walk pass you thinking you gan rob them, it's dehumanizing enough having them call you African because you're Nigerian, and having an ignorant loose mouthed individual generalize and speak trash about Nigerians on a Nigerian thread is the height of it (''can be'' doesn't make the insult any better). excuse your french? you must be sick of out your head. ''Nigerian existence''? WTH is that crazy mfcker excuse my pidgin

@OP

Why 2shotz sue dem for naira na!! naira is nothing to these companies, he should have gone all way out in dollars, negotiate in dollars (nothing below a million), I mean !!

I hope he's saving up for a good lawyer too (he might end up using all his life savings to afford the lawyer though but it's worth a shot if he's done his homework and found out he got above 80% rights on the songs)

I wish him best of luck make e no forget arrange make boys go parade for front of court with banners and all sorts of kolomentality.

About time!!!! cheesy [size=5pt]this is hilarious[/size]
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by deenee: 10:51am On Jun 06, 2011
I'm sick of people talking trash about people back home, if no be there dem born you, na there some of us stay grow so watch your language. It's annoying enough having white people move their purse when they walk pass you thinking you gan rob them, it's dehumanizing enough having them call you African because you're Nigerian, and having an ignorant loose mouthed individual generalize and speak trash about Nigerians on a Nigerian thread is the height of it (''can be'' doesn't make the insult any better). excuse your french? you must be sick of out your head. ''Nigerian existence''? WTH is that crazy mfcker excuse my pidgin

@OP

Why 2shotz sue dem for naira na!! naira is nothing to these companies, he should have gone all way out in dollars, negotiate in dollars (nothing below a million), I mean !!

I hope he's saving up for a good lawyer too (he might end up using all his life savings to afford the lawyer though but it's worth a shot if he's done his homework and found out he got above 80% rights on the songs)

I wish him best of luck make e no forget arrange make boys go parade for front of court with banners and all sorts of kolomentality.

About time!!!!

BROTHER, SPOT ON, I AM SICK TO DEATH OF NAIJA PEOPLE ABROAD WHO JUST SIT BACK AND TALK TRASH ABOUT OUR GREAT COUNTRY, 2SHOTZ SUE THEM ABEG AND COLLECT UR PEPPER AFTER NA YOUR SONG!
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jun 06, 2011
I am so happy with this news. It's time Nigerian artistes benefit from their intellectual properties.
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by mrperfect(m): 9:55pm On Jun 06, 2011
This is my first time seeing a Nigeria taken this root.
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by balogunsam(m): 10:32pm On Jun 06, 2011
@Joe4Christ
People are funny , dont u know hw these lawsuits work? Eventually, they'll settle out of court and he'd get like 500M if he has a good lawyer, and by BTW, dis naija mentality u have is what stops many Nigerians from being successful! Its his right, he should exercise it!
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by DAVE5(m): 10:58am On Jun 07, 2011
Jesus Christ!! 5billion naira?!!,i thought it was 5mill until i read the post again,that guys is lucky ohh,i wish i was the one i go drag the case die.anyhow wey nokia wan do hundreds of mills must roll enter hin account (or billion at least).
2shotz ebe kii no,a bu m onye nke gi,i be ur broda ohh rememba in ur billionaire days ohh.kai
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 07, 2011
I beg make e na leave 2shotz alone, na him name they follow am. he wan shot up grin
Re: 2shotz Sues Nokia #5 Billion Naira For Copyright Infringement by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jun 07, 2011
I beg make e na leave 2shotz alone, na him name they follow am. he wan shot up grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Were Can I Download Kpalasa By Omo Jesu / Stolen Song(2face Stole My Song) / Download Album: Future : EVOL Zip File Inclusive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.