Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,551 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:56 AM

Call Of That Wedding Now! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Call Of That Wedding Now! (1362 Views)

No S*x Before Marriage But She Wants To Call Off The Wedding Now / What Does That Wedding Ring Mean To You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Call Of That Wedding Now! by proxitaly: 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2021
I'm writing this for the sake of those who feel compelled to get married. You're going to get married soon, you're engaged and your wedding is on few months or few weeks time but...
You're scared, your partner is abusive, you want to make your parents happy, it's the church image you want to protect or for one reason or the other something is ringing that monotone high pitched bell in your head...
RUN

I have a personal story of this. My immediate elder sister! It's so painful, she's going through what I can't let another's daughter pass through.
It happened that she was living with a pastor and got proposed to buy this brother. My parents were not in support but her pastor Daddy wanted a wedding in his church after a long while.
We her siblings were after her happiness because our parents reasons were that brother is not from their church and he's not Igbo. These for us is not reason why she shouldn't marry the man she loves.
We called her to a meeting, siblings without our parents. We asked her if she was being compelled in any way. She said 'loved brother and it is God's will for her. We prevailed on our parents who very reluctantly agreed. My mother especially was having a feeling that something is not right. My sister pushed us on.

We called a second meeting some months to the wedding. Her decision was resolute. We went on with the wedding. It was a huge success. Wedding presents alone was enough to set up someone in business. She's a good girl and everyone dotted on her, also got married a virgin.
A week after the wedding trouble everywhere! Brother showed his true colors. From one church panel to another, we the siblings have to hide these whole episodes from our parents. My mother is hypertensive and my father won't keep it to himself if he gets to hear of it. Thankfully my parents are in the village while my sister and brother lives in the town.
She now opened up to us. Mommy (Pastor's wife) was compelling her to get married to that brother. "If you miss this opportunity you may never get another, Don't listen to anybody" she told her. Pastor agreed with the wife. My sister didn't want to disappoint her pastor whom she's lived with all these years. She rather pleased her pastor and displeased herself including her family.
It's been four years now, she's not living with brother because of myriad of troubles. She's a no for divorce being a strong born again Christian. We only resort to prayers and hope...

Please break the relationship now and not the marriage later.
Pause it, run away, delay it, do anything but don't get married if you're not sure. Save your peace of mind for yourself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by garriAndsugar: 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2021
Ladies should stop seeing marriage as a means to escape poverty..

Search well and marry the right man..stop following money..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Saintmary(f): 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
What did he do to your sister: be specific

4 Likes

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Saintmary(f): 1:13pm On Oct 25, 2021
garriAndsugar:

You have started

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by InfernoNig: 1:21pm On Oct 25, 2021
Only God go save our generation from wrongful union.
Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Karleb(m): 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
I mean, if you are scared of getting married to someone, why then do you want to get married to them? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by mariahAngel(f): 2:18pm On Oct 25, 2021
Your sister was brainwashed!
She gave too much of herself to people to lord over.

Sometimes, I feel sorry for people who cannot make any decision without consulting their pastor.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by faithfull18(f): 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2021
Kai, stop allowing people live your life for you and taking critical decisions on your behalf.
Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Oct 25, 2021
Pathetic!

Same thing
Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Kobojunkie: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
proxitaly:
It's been four years now, she's not living with brother because of myriad of troubles. She's a no for divorce being a strong born again Christian. We only resort to prayers and hope...

Pause it, run away, delay it, do anything but don't get married if you're not sure. Save your peace of mind for yourself.
So, is her husband cheating on her or what exactly is the problem with her marriage? undecided

I mean what exactly is the problem in your sister's marriage? I get that it was an arranged marriage, but what exactly is wrong with that since she agreed to it? undecided

1 Like

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Ginaz(f): 7:31pm On Oct 25, 2021
Thanks for putting your story up here for people to adhere to sound reasoning especially those who are about to get married to abusive partners.

May God help your sister to overcome .

1 Like

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Raalsalghul: 9:38pm On Oct 25, 2021
garriAndsugar:

How does this correlate with the story?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Sonnobax15(m): 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2021
lipsrsealed
Thank God I've made my mind categorically clear to my present gf that if we're to eventually marry,that wedding mustn't be a MUST in her agenda.....I be confirmed traditional guyman,if you say the traditional marriage ain't enough to wife you,no worry,you go waka go front small because I no go fit chest both the billing and wahala wey dey involved in that so-called white wedding undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by kay9(m): 1:35am On Oct 26, 2021
mariahAngel:
Your sister was brainwashed!
She gave too much of herself to people to lord over.
Sometimes, I feel sorry for people who cannot make any decision without consulting their pastor.

I don't. Not even one tiny little bit. As fast as i am concerned, people who require the approval of others to make their decisions don't count as "adults" in my book; they're just overgrown babies.

1 Like

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by lordally(m): 1:40am On Oct 26, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Thank God I've made my mind categorically clear to my present gf that if we're to eventually marry,that wedding mustn't be a MUST in her agenda.....I be confirmed traditional guyman,if you say the traditional marriage ain't enough to wife you,no worry,you go waka go front small because I no go fit chest both the billing and wahala wey dey involved in that so-called white wedding undecided

grin grin grin grin grin grin lwkm

1 Like

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Kobojunkie: 2:07am On Oct 26, 2021
kay9:
I don't. Not even one tiny little bit. As fast as i am concerned, people require the approval of others to make their decisions don't count as "adults" in my book; they're just overgrown babies.
That is an insult to all babies! undecided

1 Like

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by eazzzy1(m): 3:15am On Oct 26, 2021
Your sister only realized she was forced because her marriage didn’t work out. Why didn’t she tell you she was being pressured when you called for a family meeting? was the pastor and his wife present at those meetings? Your parents disapproval wasn’t enough to resist the pressure from her pastor and his wife?

Pastor and his wife are now bad people for looking out for your sister’s best interest. If nobody wanted to marry your sister she would have turned prayer warrior searching for a man. She got one handed to her on a platter and she couldn’t make it work, now she’s putting the blame on pastor.

Your sister went into the marriage with very clear eyes, she’s just giving excuses for her failed marriage.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Darlingme(f): 3:51am On Oct 26, 2021
Sometimes, you get scared/ nervous. Not in all cases it turn out bad.

There's more to this whole senerios than all these Scarry things been shared online.
Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by cooooooks(m): 6:04am On Oct 26, 2021
The tribalism is crazy. Instead of you to say what the man did, now and in the past, you say it's because he's not igbo.

Mtchew.

proxitaly:
I'm writing this for the sake of those who feel compelled to get married. You're going to get married soon, you're engaged and your wedding is on few months or few weeks time but...
You're scared, your partner is abusive, you want to make your parents happy, it's the church image you want to protect or for one reason or the other something is ringing that monotone high pitched bell in your head...
RUN

I have a personal story of this. My immediate elder sister! It's so painful, she's going through what I can't let another's daughter pass through.
It happened that she was living with a pastor and got proposed to buy this brother. My parents were not in support but her pastor Daddy wanted a wedding in his church after a long while.
We her siblings were after her happiness because our parents reasons were that brother is not from their church and he's not Igbo. These for us is not reason why she shouldn't marry the man she loves.
We called her to a meeting, siblings without our parents. We asked her if she was being compelled in any way. She said 'loved brother and it is God's will for her. We prevailed on our parents who very reluctantly agreed. My mother especially was having a feeling that something is not right. My sister pushed us on.

We called a second meeting some months to the wedding. Her decision was resolute. We went on with the wedding. It was a huge success. Wedding presents alone was enough to set up someone in business. She's a good girl and everyone dotted on her, also got married a virgin.
A week after the wedding trouble everywhere! Brother showed his true colors. From one church panel to another, we the siblings have to hide these whole episodes from our parents. My mother is hypertensive and my father won't keep it to himself if he gets to hear of it. Thankfully my parents are in the village while my sister and brother lives in the town.
She now opened up to us. Mommy (Pastor's wife) was compelling her to get married to that brother. "If you miss this opportunity you may never get another, Don't listen to anybody" she told her. Pastor agreed with the wife. My sister didn't want to disappoint her pastor whom she's lived with all these years. She rather pleased her pastor and displeased herself including her family.

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by frozen70(f): 6:25am On Oct 26, 2021
garriAndsugar:

That's a wrong mindset
Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by ahnie: 6:31am On Oct 26, 2021
Marriage should be scraped.i say this with my full chest.

I dey come,let me go serve my husband's food.
Pls don't forget, marriage should be scraped.

1 Like

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by proxitaly: 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2021
cooooooks:
The tribalism is crazy. Instead of you to say what the man did, now and in the past, you say it's because he's not igbo.

Mtchew.

I wanted to reply you harshly but I then realized we comprehend according to our level of intelligence.
I said My parents were against because he's not Igbo, but we prevailed on them that the tribe of a man is not enough reason to deny him marrying your daughter.
Tribe was never even raised in the whole saga.
My whole write-up is never to discuss the various issues with the marriage but to admonish those who feel compelled to get married.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by cooooooks(m): 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2021
People should make their decisions based on their circumstances.

You brought a half baked story to make a banal point.

proxitaly:

I wanted to reply you harshly but I then realized we comprehend according to our level of intelligence.
I said My parents were against because he's not Igbo, but we prevailed on them that the tribe of a man is not enough reason to deny him marrying your daughter.
My whole write-up is never to discuss the various issues with the marriage but to admonish those who feel compelled to get married.
Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Magnoliaa(f): 6:16pm On Oct 26, 2021
eazzzy1:
Your sister only realized she was forced because her marriage didn’t work out. Why didn’t she tell you she was being pressured when you called for a family meeting? was the pastor and his wife present at those meetings? Your parents disapproval wasn’t enough to resist the pressure from her pastor and his wife?

Pastor and his wife are now bad people for looking out for your sister’s best interest. If nobody wanted to marry your sister she would have turned prayer warrior searching for a man. She got one handed to her on a platter and she couldn’t make it work, now she’s putting the blame on pastor.

Your sister went into the marriage with very clear eyes, she’s just giving excuses for her failed marriage.

I like your angle. I. Have NOT agreed to it, that that's the situation here. I just like the angle you looked at it from.
Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Magnoliaa(f): 6:18pm On Oct 26, 2021
proxitaly:

Kai. I need this tip in my life. There's a lot laced in this.
Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by eazzzy1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 29, 2021
Magnoliaa:

I like your angle. I. Have NOT agreed to it, that that's the situation here. I just like the angle you looked at it from.

Well, No one knows what really happened aside the poster’s sister. I just commented based on the picture the OP painted.

I like when people own their mistakes, She thought he was God sent, turned out he wasn’t, simple. It’s not a crime to make a judgement error. Trying to pass the buck is childish.

1 Like

Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Magnoliaa(f): 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2021
eazzzy1:

Well, No one knows what really happened aside the poster’s sister. I just commented based on the picture the OP painted.

I like when people own their mistakes, She thought he was God sent, turned out he wasn’t, simple. It’s not a crime to make a judgement error. Trying to pass the buck is childish.

True. Marrying is too huge a decision to be taken based on a favour or debt you feel you owe some people.

Why would she allow herself be pressurized into such when her judgment isn't impaired?

I mean. People can only suggest and make comments from whatever place. Whether good or bad; the pastor and his wife were only coming from a place of their understanding, however limited, that time is running out on her side, but na she go marry the marry. Las las, if she refused, they'll feel hurt and she might even have to move out, but she'd be doing something good for herself. Or she could have made them understand at that point, sensibly, why she wouldn't be able to marry someone she doesn't know. She's not a kid.

As she doesn't believe in divorce now, what will happen??

Some of these people will only remember the confining laws of God, they won't remember his preventive advices, so you won't land yourself in a situation you would not be able to get out of.
Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by kkins25(m): 5:01pm On Oct 29, 2021
[quote author=proxitaly post=107048666][/quote]
out of curiosity, is the lady in question a deeper life member, amd schooled in kaduna state?
Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by eazzzy1(m): 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2021
Magnoliaa:

True. Marrying is too huge a decision to be taken based on a favour or debt you feel you owe some people.

Why would she allow herself be pressurized into such when her judgment isn't impaired?

I mean. People can only suggest and make comments from whatever place. Whether good or bad; the pastor and his wife were only coming from a place of their understanding, however limited, that time is running out on her side, but na she go marry the marry. Las las, if she refused, they'll feel hurt and she might even have to move out, but she'd be doing something good for herself. Or she could have made them understand at that point, sensibly, why she wouldn't be able to marry someone she doesn't know. She's not a kid.

As she doesn't believe in divorce now, what will happen??

Some of these people will only remember the confining laws of God, they won't remember his preventive advices, so you won't land yourself in a situation you would not be able to get out of.

Exactly. There’s a Yoruba adage that says ‘’Igbeyawo dabi oja okunkun “ roughly translated as marriage is like a night market, it’s only when we get home we know what we have bought.

People can see someone as God’s will for them only to discover after marriage that the person is God’s won’t. Even people who weren’t match made.

She faced pressure from two sides, her parents were against the marriage, her guardians were for the marriage, she made a choice, unfortunately the choice turned out to be the wrong one.

Maybe it’s just the kind of person I am, once I make a decision, I hold myself solely responsible for whatever the outcome is. I take the blessings or learn the lessons.
Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by Nobody: 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2021
Re: Call Of That Wedding Now! by proxitaly: 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2021
kkins25:

out of curiosity, is the lady in question a deeper life member, amd schooled in kaduna state?

No sir, it happened in the south and it's not deeper life.

(1) (Reply)

Help, My Wife Has Been Stealing Money From Me / He Lied To His Wife That FRSC Official Hit His Head / Which Of These Will Raise Well Behaved Young Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.