Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,387 members, 7,846,632 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

I Could Have Died Today - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Could Have Died Today (1163 Views)

100 Italian Doctors Have Died Of Coronavirus / 4 Nigerians Who Have Died Of Coronavirus (photos) / Brazilian Baby Thought To Have Died Survives After Being Buried Alive For 8 Hour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Could Have Died Today by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 25, 2021
it all started with catarrh droppings from my nostril yesterday afternoon, and sour throat.I was supposed to go get drugs but I had just #500 left in my wallet. If I buy what will I chop from evening to the next day.

I went to bed, I couldn't sleep all through the night. (Feeling heat and shivering at the same time) the catarrh making things worst.

This morning came, I had just #300 left, I had 2 choice's, either I buy airtime recharge card to call one of my relatives to come see my condition, or go to the chemist to buy drugs and use the remaining change to buy bread and groundnut as breakfast.

I chosed the formal, bought #100 card and use the remaining change to buy bread, to sustain me before my relative come. I dialed his number, it was switched off.

At this point in time, it was about 10.30am, my body condition was so hot, shivering so bad, my chest feeling the heatness (my body temperature fit even boil yam) I couldn't see straight, I couldn't walk, all alone at home. I didn't Know the time I cried out with tears dripping from my eyes GOD NA SO I WON TAKE DIE

Still dialing my cousin number it's not going through, I had to force myself to eat half of the bread, at this point in time I wasn't myself no more, I had to tip toe to go lock my gate, because one kind sleep won begin start do me. (SlEEP OF DEATH) make boys nor come thief my phone, feeling so unconscious. I said to
myself I must hang on. Small small around 3.45pm my cousins phone number went... imagine a full grown man crying hard on the phone, BROS NA DIE I DEY HERE O, MY BODY NOR WELL, was the words I remembered I said on the phone.not up to some time my cousin came brought food, asked me if I can work to the road enroute to the nearest private hospital.

They had to admit me, fix me on drips with injectables within 30min was starting to gain my consciousness.

The lessons I learnt.

* alot of people dieing in nigeria today due to ailments is because they have no money to buy
proper medications for survival.

* I was told I had typhoid fever ( something #500 drugs would have cure, but I didn't have it to buy the medication at that time, due to the hardship of this country.

*The government should know people are suffering, the masses are dieing from lack of good food, good water and different social amenities.

* It's not advisable to leave alone, even if you do, always have an emergency contact it could be friends, relatives that will come to your rescue.

I know you asked why I didn't go to the general hospital, when I had #300 left this morning, my place to there is #200 for transport fare only (so I be Left with 100#), if I had gone I would have bought hospital card of #200, what about food? What about drugs? What about money for test?.

Nigeria government the youths are crying!

I saw death today.

Cc

Lalasticlala
Seun
Dominique

1 Like

Re: I Could Have Died Today by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2021
The hospital took 10k deposit which my cousin paid before they agreed to admit me. (I was in a critical state)

If not God where would I have been.
I thank God for my life, na only him fit do am.
I thank my cousin too, na him God use run am.

as we nor get money to go uk for medical checkup, make the government try make life easy for us here in nigeria.

Youths are the leaders of tomorrow, but many youths and adults are dieing everyday.

3 Likes

Re: I Could Have Died Today by Abduljohn(m): 7:53pm On Oct 25, 2021
You aren't vigilant because I believe you must have been having some symptoms before this day but thank God for your life.
1001 ways to make money without government tap into one and remain blessed

1 Like

Re: I Could Have Died Today by TarOrfeeek: 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
You see when we lambast the failures and stupidity of government.

Some paid merchants (very foolish ones) tend to think we do it for personal gains.

They rather than attack the issues, start to drum up divisive rhetoric. Creating tribal, religious and political hate from our call for development.

You even had a cousin with N10,000. Imagine the poorest man who has no cousin, who's little child suddenly falls ill. Even death would snatch that child with extreme sadness.

Nigeria is a poorly told joke.

2 Likes

Re: I Could Have Died Today by Nobody: 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
Abduljohn:
You aren't vigilant because I believe you must have been having some symptoms before this day but thank God for your life.
1001 ways to make money without government tap into one and remain blessed

1001 ways to make money we know, but not everybody is into fraud, or politicians.

Am not jobless I work, but money I get can't even sustain me to month end.
Re: I Could Have Died Today by 9182736455O1999(m): 7:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
Very true symptoms of typhoid fever i guess the fever whould have been in your system for long.
you did'nt treat it early enough until it became typhoid fever.

Op learn how to take care of your health o.
as for me if i'm about to fall sick, my immune system will alert me in advance.

2 Likes

Re: I Could Have Died Today by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 25, 2021
TarOrfeeek:

You see when we lambast the failures and stupidity of government.

Some paid merchants (very foolish ones) tend to think we do it for personal gains.

They rather than attack the issues, start to drum up divisive rhetoric. Creating tribal, religious and political hate from our call for development.

You even had a cousin with N10,000. Imagine the poorest man who has no cousin, who's little child suddenly falls ill. Even death would snatch that child with extreme sadness.

Nigeria is a poorly told joke.

If I had asked to borrow me the 10k he might not, but because he saw the condition I was in.
Bros I saw death.
I was in a critical state.
Re: I Could Have Died Today by garriAndsugar: 8:01pm On Oct 25, 2021
Health is wealth..

We need to pay more attention to our body..

Some sick people are still somewhere now knacking with reckless abandon..
something must kill a man sha..

1 Like

Re: I Could Have Died Today by Hypnotise: 8:03pm On Oct 25, 2021
Thank God for life bro
Re: I Could Have Died Today by Nobody: 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2021
Hypnotise:
Thank God for life bro
Thanks, still in the hospital will be discharged tomorrow evening.
Re: I Could Have Died Today by Sophiemama: 8:20pm On Oct 25, 2021
Thank God you are getting better. Speedy recovery.
Re: I Could Have Died Today by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 25, 2021
Sophiemama:
Thank God you are getting better. Speedy recovery.

Yes I am, thanks.
Re: I Could Have Died Today by Sophiemama: 8:27pm On Oct 25, 2021
Icouldhave:

Yes I am, thanks.
U r welcome.
Re: I Could Have Died Today by samwash(m): 8:45pm On Oct 25, 2021
Bros ur story make me laugh.
If you get realible friends for the neighborhood your story for nor be like this & more over out of that 5h you for get buy piriton & paracetamol to first subside the hot temperature & catarrh, which nor go pass #150.
Good thing be say you get help on time.

1 Like

Re: I Could Have Died Today by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 25, 2021
samwash:
Bros ur story make me laugh.
If you get realible friends for the neighborhood your story for nor be like this & more over out of that 5h you for get buy piriton & paracetamol to first subside the hot temperature & catarrh, which nor go pass #150.
Good thing be say you get help on time.
I thought it would subside a little, then I go manage body go my normal hustling this morning.

As for neighbors the location when I dey, everybody mind your business, that kind place.

This na time of fever, people out there got to be careful.
Re: I Could Have Died Today by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 25, 2021
Same thing happened to me last week Thursday but thank God for my neighbour who came to my rescue. In that state, I was just telling God about my dearest mum and kiddo who are all I have in this my life.
What would happen to them if I close eye like this and go
Mehn, it was scary. I had been having symptoms for awhile now but brushed it off till it got me down. I have learnt my lessons now grin

3 Likes

Re: I Could Have Died Today by Nobody: 6:40am On Oct 26, 2021
Abigarnics01:
Same thing happened to me last week Thursday but thank God for my neighbour who came to my rescue. In that state, I was just telling God about my dearest mum and kiddo who are all I have in this my life.
What would happen to them if I close eye like this and go
Mehn, it was scary. I had been having symptoms for awhile now but brushed it off till it got me down. I have learnt my lessons now grin
thank God.
Re: I Could Have Died Today by Dbryan1: 1:29pm On Oct 28, 2021
Bst FatherChristmas de disguise... Using style to seek for funds
Re: I Could Have Died Today by Dbryan1: 1:31pm On Oct 28, 2021
garriAndsugar:
Health is wealth..

We need to pay more attention to our body..

Some sick people are still somewhere now knacking with reckless abandon..
something must kill a man sha..
FatherChristmas stop using your alternate to comment on your thread
Re: I Could Have Died Today by Bola146(f): 10:04pm On Oct 29, 2021
Icouldhave:

1001 ways to make money we know, but not everybody is into fraud, or politicians.

Am not jobless I work, but money I get can't even sustain me to month end.

Now I know the reasons for your frustrations, you better go and beg your father's concubine before depression kill you. Let me ignore your madness for now that I know the reasons wink wink wa wa alright last last

4 Likes

Re: I Could Have Died Today by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 30, 2021
Bola146:

Now I know the reasons for your frustrations, you better go and beg your father's concubine before depression kill you. Let me ignore your madness for now that I know the reasons wink wink wa wa alright last last
using your alternate to like yourself, what joblessness.
Re: I Could Have Died Today by Bola146(f): 10:11am On Oct 30, 2021
Icouldhave:
using your alternate to like yourself, what joblessness.

Exactly how were born, it's hereditary for you grin grin cheesy omo granpa wink wink old fool with no sense lipsrsealed

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Healthy Two-headed Baby Born In Brazil / 10 Health Benefits Of Red Wine / Urgent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.