Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Karma Is False - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Karma Is False (5133 Views)

If God Truly Forgive Us Our Sins, What Then Is Karma? / Confusion! Is God A Mystery Or Trinity Is False Doctrine?? / Trinity Doctrine Exposed - See Why It Is False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Karma Is False by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2021
You offend someone
Then the person retaliates or something bad happens to you afterwards

Some see it/the retaliation as karma

I see it/the retaliation as something that doesn't happen all the time

Karma is false

If karma is true
Everyone should be getting punished for every offence no matter who they are

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Karma Is False by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 26, 2021
Crystyano:
You offend someone

Some see it as karma

I see it as something that doesn't happen all the time

Karma is false

If karma is true
Re: Karma Is False by daddytime(m): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2021
It wouldn't be a word or get found in the dictionary just like every other word you believe is true if it were indeed false.

Life is deep and bigger than you think you know it.

1 Like

Re: Karma Is False by orisa37: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2021
You reap what you sow, that is Karma. It's an Act of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Karma Is False by IMAliyu(m): 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2021
Karma as people often understand it is misleading.

Karma in the Hindu and Buddhist origin, is tied to reincarnation/rebirth.

It's sorta similar to the Abrahamic faith's concept of reward and punishment, which is not an immediate thing. But you get rewarded or punished in the afterlife depending on your actions.

Karma determines, your next reincarnated state and general overall luck in life.
So if you were evil in this life, you get reincarnated as a cripple, or worse a farm animal in your next one for example.

So it basically means there is no such thing as immediate karma.

Note: I don't believe any of these.., no that's incorrect I have a hard time believing in any of these as nothing more than ideas people came up with to give some sort of order and meaning in this life.
Things happen, people do bad and good things, people have misfortunes with occasional good luck, it's chaos, the universe doesn't owe us any fairness or balance.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Karma Is False by Dtruthspeaker: 6:46pm On Oct 26, 2021
Crystyano:
...I see it as something that doesn't happen all the time

How can it still be false when you admit that "it has happened"?

Crystyano:

If karma is true

Do you real-eyes that people are punished only that you may not be present when their punishment is served?

Try karma, sleep with someone's wife, see whether you would not murder your wife/gf or the person who coited her!
Re: Karma Is False by Dtruthspeaker: 6:55pm On Oct 26, 2021
IMAliyu:

...Note: I don't believe any of these.., no that's incorrect I have a hard time believing in any of these as nothing more than ideas people came up with to give some sort of order and meaning in this life.
Things happen, people do bad and good things, people have misfortunes with occasional good luck, it's chaos, the universe doesn't owe us any fairness or balance.

The correct word is, you can not bear to accept the Truth of this fact because you know you would suffer serious insecurity.

You find it very difficult to live pondering and wondering about the punishment and blowback you might receive for every action and inaction you do or do not do.

So you find it easier to lie to yourself that goodluck, badluck just happens, chaos etc whereas, THEY ARE ALL LAWED AND SET TO TO HAPPEN WHEN CERTAIN THINGS HAPPEN, EXACTLY AS STEAM WILL ALWAYS FOLLOW THE BOILING WATER ON THE FIRE.

2 Likes

Re: Karma Is False by IMAliyu(m): 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

The correct word is, you can not bear to accept the Truth of this fact because you know you would suffer serious insecurity.

You find it very difficult to live pondering and wondering about the punishment and blowback you might receive for every action and inaction you do or do not do.

So you find it easier to lie to yourself that goodluck, badluck just happens, chaos etc whereas, THEY ARE ALL LAWED AND SET TO TO HAPPEN WHEN CERTAIN THINGS HAPPEN, EXACTLY AS STEAM WILL ALWAYS FOLLOW THE BOILING WATER ON THE FIRE.

Tell me which is the correct one? The Eastern faiths or your own, and give reasons why you think they are incorrect and you are.
Re: Karma Is False by kingxsamz(m): 7:10pm On Oct 26, 2021
Karma is just like prayers, they don't work.
It's unreal and imaginary. Our politicians are still living fine at old age surrounded by children, grandchildren and great grandchildren, in their expensive homes, with the economy and hardship of the country having little to no effect on them. Even on top of that, they still carry out their atrocities. Karma, god/God, astrology, juju Etc.. are all lies and imaginary.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Karma Is False by Dtruthspeaker: 7:17pm On Oct 26, 2021
IMAliyu:

Tell me which is the correct one? The Eastern faiths or your own, and give reasons why you think they are incorrect and you are.

In this case of Justice and Retribution, the Eastern Tradition simply confirms and affirms what we all have all seen, even when we practiced paganism and before the advent of Christ Followership it was still the same.

Which is, indeed, we do get the rewards by reason of our deeds; good rewards for good deeds and evil rewards for our evil deeds.
Re: Karma Is False by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2021
There is no Karma, people only get what they sow through the system when what they did goes round. If everyone of us hate stealing nobody will be scared of thieves but when we seize the opportunity to make what's not our own then the fear of such happening to us will always be there. But as for karma it has nothing to do with God, once you change your attitude it will go round. For instance if all Nigerians stop giving and receiving bribe things will improve speedily but the more we engage in corruption the worse our situation as a nation. undecided
Re: Karma Is False by IMAliyu(m): 8:47pm On Oct 26, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

In this case of Justice and Retribution, the Eastern Tradition simply confirms and affirms what we all have all seen, even when we practiced paganism and before the advent of Christ Followership it was still the same.

Which is, indeed, we do get the rewards by reason of our deeds; good rewards for good deeds and evil rewards for our evil deeds.
The Eastern tradition asserts that a cycle of rebirth exists and that is the vehicle for cosmic justice and retribution. Which I'm sure you don't accept.

A desire and sense for fairness exists in all humans, and some animals.
What most cultures assert is people can die without any form of recourse for their bad actions in this world, and a righteous people can live a life of suffering as well, so we turn to a belief that there is a form of justice that will come in the next life or an afterlife. Which is something entirely predicted on religious faith, which is alien to me at this point.

My own actions are the only thing I can control in this world, and I know the personal philosophy I choose to live by, I don't expect any rewards for it and when I fall short of it I know the shame I face before myself, my peers, family and society.
I know people commit acts of evil, and if not by other people holding them accountable or they have a stroke of bad luck, can and have died without facing anything close to judgment. History supports this.

Reply (2/4)

2 Likes

Re: Karma Is False by Nobody: 11:40pm On Oct 26, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

How can it still be false when you admit that "it has happened"?

Do you real-eyes that people are punished only that you may not be present when their punishment is served?

Try karma, sleep with someone's wife, see whether you would not murder your wife/gf or the person who coited her!

I never admitted it has happened

Retaliation by chance is not karma

Retaliation without chance is karma

But I can see there's no retaliation without chance

It is you that is assuming that there's always retaliation when you don't have evidence

1 Like

Re: Karma Is False by Nobody: 11:41pm On Oct 26, 2021
daddytime:
It wouldn't be a word or get found in the dictionary just like every other word you believe is true if it were indeed false.

Life is deep and bigger than you think you know it.

False

Life is absurd

I know it's absurd
Re: Karma Is False by Dtruthspeaker: 5:02am On Oct 27, 2021
Crystyano:

I never admitted it has happened

cheesy You admitted that you have seen it happening even if irregularly.

You words "I SEE IT as something that Doesn't Happen All The Time"

Crystyano:

Retaliation by chance is not karma

Retaliation without chance is karma

But I can see there's no retaliation without chance

It is you that is assuming that there's always retaliation when you don't have evidence

Firstly, Retribution and Retaliation are not the same thing Retribution is a Product of Nature and Natural Living whilst Retaliation is a product from Direct Personal Attack from an Aggrieved Person.

And karma, I think, is referring to Nature's Justice.
Re: Karma Is False by Dtruthspeaker: 5:29am On Oct 27, 2021
IMAliyu:

The Eastern tradition asserts that a cycle of rebirth exists and that is the vehicle for cosmic justice and retribution. Which I'm sure you don't accept.

Right! I do believe that they are not right in the excesses (circle of rebirth things) but I believe that they do confirm Retribution. Nature's "Just Is".

IMAliyu:

A desire and sense for fairness exists in all humans, and some animals.
What most cultures assert is people can die without any form of recourse for their bad actions in this world, and a righteous people can live a life of suffering as well,...

And herein lies the difference in what I say, when I speak, THE QUESTION IS WHAT HAVE WE SEEN AND EXPERIENCE IN RELATION TO THIS PHENOMENON OF 'JUST IS"?

Every reasonable sensitive person has all seen that we indeed got good rewards for our good deeds and evil rewards for our evil deeds eg a philandering man always marries a philandering wife, a thief will always have his own things stolen (that is why we see them spend big on security), a cheat, will be cheated upon.

Retribution even takes place here on earth, AS WE HAVE SEEN.

IMAliyu:

so we turn to a belief that there is a form of justice that will come in the next life or an afterlife.

And this is where the Bible Prevails for it shows us how to get "Just is" and how just is arrives. And I do confirm the Truth of this.

So others have to fuel their hopes and dreams and expectations and WISHES.

IMAliyu:

I know people commit acts of evil, and if not by other people holding them accountable or they have a stroke of bad luck, can and have died without facing anything close to judgment. History supports this.

Reply (2/4)

See, you almost wanted to say that evil people escape judgement but Thank God, The Truth entered into you such that you had to confess that in Truth evil people do get their evil judgement which you choose to call "bad luck"!

So case closed, you confirm the Truth of our position.
Re: Karma Is False by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

cheesy You admitted that you have seen it happening even if irregularly.

You words "I SEE IT as something that Doesn't Happen All The Time"

Firstly, Retribution and Retaliation are not the same thing Retribution is a Product of Nature and Natural Living whilst Retaliation is a product from Direct Personal Attack from an Aggrieved Person.

And karma, I think, is referring to Nature's Justice.

You don't know what I meant by 'it'

There's nothing like nature's justice
Re: Karma Is False by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Right! I do believe that they are not right in the excesses (circle of rebirth things) but I believe that they do confirm Retribution. Nature's "Just Is".

And herein lies the difference in what I say, when I speak, THE QUESTION IS WHAT HAVE WE SEEN AND EXPERIENCE IN RELATION TO THIS PHENOMENON OF 'JUST IS"?

Every reasonable sensitive person has all seen that we indeed got good rewards for our good deeds and evil rewards for our evil deeds eg a philandering man always marries a philandering wife, a thief will always have his own things stolen (that is why we see them spend big on security), a cheat, will be cheated upon.

And this is where the Bible Prevails for it shows us how to get "Just is" and how just is arrives. And I do confirm the Truth of this.

See, you almost wanted to say that evil people escape judgement but Thank God, The Truth entered into you such that you had to confess that in Truth evil people do get their evil judgement which you choose to call "bad luck"!

False

Nobody is good or bad to everybody ,neither does everybody suffer after offending anybody
Re: Karma Is False by Dtruthspeaker: 9:12am On Oct 27, 2021
Crystyano:

You don't know what I meant by 'it'

There's nothing like nature's justice

cheesy I understand!

This is your way of trying to brace up for the blowback of your mess ups!
Re: Karma Is False by IMAliyu(m): 9:39am On Oct 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

But do you agree some have lived and died without ever facing a form of judgment in this life?

I call it bad luck because that is what it is, there doesn't exist a pattern/connection, of who, what, where or when a form of misfortune can strike some individuals for an action or lack thereof. We as people just choose to interpret it as form of 'karma'(the layman definition) if we are convinced they are deserving of a punishment.
To me it looks like random chance.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Karma Is False by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

cheesy I understand!

This is your way of trying to brace up for the blowback of your mess ups!

Says someone that never takes responsibility for his vomit

1 Like

Re: Karma Is False by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 27, 2021
IMAliyu:

But do you agree some have lived and died without ever facing a form of judgment in this life?

I call it bad luck because that is what it is, there doesn't exist a pattern/connection, of who, what, where or when a form of misfortune can strike some individuals for an action or lack thereof. We as people just choose to interpret it as form of 'karma'(the layman definition) if we are convinced they are deserving of a punishment.
To me it looks like random chance.

It's a matter of chance

Period!!
Re: Karma Is False by Dtruthspeaker: 12:43pm On Oct 27, 2021
Crystyano:

Says someone that never takes responsibility for his vomit

Coming from the very person who is desperately running from the fear of retribution up to denial! Abeg!
Re: Karma Is False by Dtruthspeaker: 12:45pm On Oct 27, 2021
IMAliyu:

I am certainly not monitoring the lives of everyone and I would not be ever doing that.

However, it is sufficient that we have all seen around us that the cheat get cheated from, the thief, get stolen from, the murderer get murdered, simple.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Karma Is False by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 27, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Coming from the very person who is desperately running from the fear of retribution up to denial! Abeg!

Do you have garri?
Re: Karma Is False by NaijaSatanlst: 1:01pm On Oct 27, 2021
Crystyano:
You offend someone

Karma is false

If karma is true

Yea
Re: Karma Is False by triplechoice(m): 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
Crystyano:
You offend someone

Karma is false

If karma is true

Karma is not punishment you get from offending somebody. That's the general misconception most people have.

The word ,karma, is of Sanskrit origin. It simply means "action" "deeds"or "works" and it is used to explain the "spiritual" cycle of cause and effect. Don't allow the word spiritual put you off from trying to understand it. You can see, I put the word spiritual in quotes to let you know there's nothing really spiritual about it .But since it is a knowledge you don't get from going to school, we regard it that way.

Karma means that in life certain actions results in certain consequences. Most can't see the correlation between the actions they take and the ,consequences. But karmic acts surely do results in that.

For instance, if you're overweight and you dont do anything about it, then it won't be long before you start to experience some health challenges which is karma.

The equivalent for this, (karma) in the sciences, is in Newton's law of motion " for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction"

Even though some religious groups from the Orient have made it part of their teachings, the laws of karma is not in any way tied to them and so you shouldn't be in a hurry to dismiss it as religious nonsense.

Without the laws of karma nothing can be achieved or nothing can work in this world. Even Scientific experiments will not be successful.

The law of karma involves 12 laws. knowing these laws and how they actually work, will help to improve the quality of your life especially when you know how to apply them. Not only that , you also get to understand why some persons seem to get away or actually get away from the "things" they do.

There are no gods doling out Karna neither is it punishment for evil. It is the consequence of your actions good or bad. If you have a lot of bad karma, there a ways to clean it up so you dont experience the consequences. You're the only person that can resolve your karma.

There are certain religious groups who deceptively use an aspect of this law to recruit new members. They tell you that the reason you're having a hard time in live is because of your past misdeeds ,which may be true actually, and then go on to threaten you that unless you join them your karma cannot be resolved meaning you continue to suffer. But it is lie. These are the people I am sure you have been listening to.

There's no one out there who has been given the sole responsibility of resolving your karmic deeds. The emphasis is always on the negative aspect of it. If karma is for both good and bad ,why not place equal emphasis on both?

The link below would help you understand better the 12 laws of karma and how to apply them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wellandgood.com/12-laws-of-karma/amp/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Karma Is False by budaatum: 5:53pm On Oct 27, 2021
Crystyano:

If karma is true Everyone should be getting punished for every offence no matter who they are

It is a fact of life that those who plant corn reap corn, those who plant cocoa reap cocoa, and those who sit on their asses and plant laziness are likely to starve to death.

Re: Karma Is False by Nobody: 9:45pm On Oct 27, 2021
budaatum:

It is a fact of life that those who plant corn reap corn, those who plant cocoa reap cocoa, and those who sit on their asses and plant laziness are likely to starve to death.

Even kidnappers and drug dealers eat well

You are worse than them to me

1 Like

Re: Karma Is False by Nobody: 10:20pm On Oct 27, 2021
triplechoice:

Karma is not punishment you get from offending somebody. That's the general misconception most people have.

The word ,karma, is of Sanskrit origin. It simply means "action" "deeds"or "works" and it is used to explain the "spiritual" cycle of cause and effect. Don't allow the word spiritual put you off from trying to understand it. You can see, I put the word spiritual in quotes to let you know there's nothing really spiritual about it .But since it is a knowledge you don't get from going to school, we regard it that way.

Karma means that in life certain actions results in certain consequences. Most can't see the correlation between the actions they take and the ,consequences. But karmic acts surely do results in that.

For instance, if you're overweight and you dont do anything about it, then it won't be long before you start to experience some health challenges which is karma.

The equivalent for this, (karma) in the sciences, is in Newton's law of motion " for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction"

Even though some religious groups from the Orient have made it part of their teachings, the laws of karma is not in any way tied to them and so you shouldn't be in a hurry to dismiss it as religious nonsense.

Without the laws of karma nothing can be achieved or nothing can work in this world. Even Scientific experiments will not be successful.

The law of karma involves 12 laws. knowing these laws and how they actually work, will help to improve the quality of your life especially when you know how to apply them. Not only that , you also get to understand why some persons seem to get away or actually get away from the "things" they do.

There are no gods doling out Karna neither is it punishment for evil. It is the consequence of your actions good or bad. If you have a lot of bad karma, there a ways to clean it up so you dont experience the consequences. You're the only person that can resolve your karma.

There are certain religious groups who deceptively use an aspect of this law to recruit new members. They tell you that the reason you're having a hard time in live is because of your past misdeeds ,which may be true actually, and then go on to threaten you that unless you join them your karma cannot be resolved meaning you continue to suffer. But it is lie. These are the people I am sure you have been listening to.

There's no one out there who has been given the sole responsibility of resolving your karmic deeds. The emphasis is always on the negative aspect of it. If karma is for both good and bad ,why not place equal emphasis on both?

The link below would help you understand better the 12 laws of karma and how to apply them.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wellandgood.com/12-laws-of-karma/amp/

It is you that considers karma as something that means what you say it means

But you are not meant to determine what karma means in this case

As for the 12 laws
They can go to hell because there are many millionaires and billionaires that don't care about them

Is it Angel of BB Naija that is not making money

I have seen that life is about twists and turns

In fact
Reality is about twists and turns

Many people are making money without giving a damn about what you think
Re: Karma Is False by budaatum: 1:47am On Oct 28, 2021
I can say you are wrong about Buddhism and reincarnation. Reincarnation is more like the Christian idea of being born again. You do not need to die and reenter your mother, just a change of perspective and understanding is required.

IMAliyu:
Karma as people often understand it is misleading.

Karma in the Hindu and Buddhist origin, is tied to reincarnation/rebirth.

It's sorta similar to the Abrahamic faith's concept of reward and punishment, which is not an immediate thing. But you get rewarded or punished in the afterlife depending on your actions.

Karma determines, your next reincarnated state and general overall luck in life.
So if you were evil in this life, you get reincarnated as a cripple, or worse a farm animal in your next one for example.

So it basically means there is no such thing as immediate karma.

Note: I don't believe any of these.., no that's incorrect I have a hard time believing in any of these as nothing more than ideas people came up with to give some sort of order and meaning in this life.
Re: Karma Is False by LordReed(m): 4:31am On Oct 28, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

According to the Bible who did John the Baptist behead in other for him to suffer losing his own? Who did Stephen stone to death to suffer same fate? Who did James kill?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians / Book Of Luke. (Very Deep Words of JESUS) / Four Kinds Of People In The Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.