Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,273 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians (5129 Views)

Muslim Allows Pastor Sleep In A Mosque As Christians Refused Him Accommodation / 8 Important Ways To Grow In Faith As Christians / 8 Important Ways We Can Live in Faith As Christians. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by Raycelove: 6:51am On Feb 05, 2023
Here are Eight ways we can develop our faith in Christ as Christians.

1) By accepting Jesus Christ as the Son of God and receiving the spiritual baptism of the Holy Spirit.

2) By attending church services to receive the baptism of water, fire and knowledge of God.

3) By showing commitment to studying, listening, hearing and meditating on the Word of God for spiritual understanding and strength.

4) By being spiritually minded engaging in consistent prayers, supplications & fasting in the spirit.

5) By engaging in strategic planning and reasoning so as to build up our mentality in the Word.

6) By seeking continuous exposure and self training for personal development in our fields.

7) By being thankful, glorifying God for your expectations, request, and supplications you prayed for.

8.) By maintaining a life of Thanksgiving, appreciation, showing gratitude to God as the only helper from above.

Amen.

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by Raycelove: 6:52am On Feb 05, 2023
Bible verses.
Romans 10:17 So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 3:16-18 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Hosea 4:6 My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children.

Psalms 1:1-3 Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

Ephesians 6:12-18 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.

Proverbs 3:5-6, 9, 13-18 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Honour the LORD with thy substance, and with the firstfruits of all thine increase:

Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.

For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold.

She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.

Length of days is in her right hand; and in her left hand riches and honour.

Her ways are ways of pleasantness, and all her paths are peace.

She is a tree of life to them that lay hold upon her: and happy is every one that retaineth her.

Mark 11:22-26 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.

For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.

But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Mark 9:23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Jeremiah 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Psalms 107:20 He sent his word, and healed them, and delivered them from their destructions.

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

Daniel 6:10 Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, he went into his house; and his windows being open in his chamber toward Jerusalem, he kneeled upon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gave thanks before his God, as he did aforetime.

Mark 9:29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 6:55am On Feb 05, 2023
Raycelove:
1) By accepting Jesus Christ as the Son of God and receiving the spiritual baptism of the Holy Spirit.
2) By attending church services to receive the baptism of water, fire and knowledge of God.
3) By showing commitment to studying, listening, hearing and meditating on the Word of God for spiritual understanding and strength.
4) By being spiritually minded engaging in consistent prayers, supplications & fasting in the spirit.
5) By engaging in strategic planning and reasoning so as to build up our mentality in the Word.
6) By seeking continuous exposure and self training for personal development in our fields.
7) By being thankful, glorifying God for your expectations, request, and supplications you prayed for.
8.) By maintaining a life of Thanksgiving, appreciation, showing gratitude to God as the only helper from above.
Amen.
Make una stop to compile and recycle these bullsheet lists wey no dey help add or remove from the lives of those already shackled by these meaningless religious rituals abeg! undecided

There are people out there who have been supposedly doing all this for over 30 or even 40 years of their lives yet are nowhere closer to God than they were before they decided to adopt religion, why? Because these lists are born of lies — doctrines and traditions that are of men and not of God. undecided

3 Likes

Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by AntiChristian: 7:17am On Feb 05, 2023
Kobokobo
Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by Truefaith: 7:51am On Feb 05, 2023
Drrfd
Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by hopefulLandlord: 7:52am On Feb 05, 2023
Faith is nonsense

4 Likes

Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by Dshocker(m): 7:52am On Feb 05, 2023
If Muslim topics can be censored, why can't Christian topics also be censored on Nairaland?

Let Muslims stay away from Christian's thread.

1 Like

Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by Antoeni(m): 7:55am On Feb 05, 2023
The core beliefs of the Catholic faith are found in the Nicene Creed. Here’s what it says:

I believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by kufre2010: 7:57am On Feb 05, 2023
AND THE LORD SAID, REMEMBER MY 10% OR YOU ROT IN HELL FOREVER. YOU CAN COMMIT ANYTHING MY FORGIVENESS IS SURE FOR YOU BUT NOT GIVING 10% WILL ROT YOU IN HELL
Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 7:59am On Feb 05, 2023
Antoeni:
■ The core beliefs of the Catholic faith are found in the Nicene Creed. Here’s what it says:
■I believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things visible and invisible.
I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the Only Begotten Son of God, born of the Father before all ages. God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God, begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father; through him all things were made. For us men and for our salvation he came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate, he suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and his kingdom will have no end.
I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come. Amen.
1. What does it matter what Nicene said when it all has no bearing in that commanded by Jesus Christ?, undecided

2. You can speak these mantras all day long yet it all means nothing where God's special Kingdom of Priests is concerned as Jesus Christ instead made it known that those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments. undecided
Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by Captain8(m): 9:05am On Feb 05, 2023
Where is tithing and seed sowing?
Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by Cricketman: 9:06am On Feb 05, 2023
Good

Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by phemmyfour: 9:44am On Feb 05, 2023
Raycelove:

Amen.
That's a wrong reason for attending church
Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by smokinloud(m): 11:45am On Feb 05, 2023
God bless you sir op.
Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by letitrainnow(m): 3:45pm On Feb 05, 2023
By being spiritually minded engaging in consistent prayers,
Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by inforesource: 4:05pm On Feb 05, 2023
Raycelove:

Amen.

Ah, you did not add prayer? All the rest will fall without it. Believe me.
Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Feb 05, 2023
inforesource:
Ah, you did not add prayer? All the rest will fall without it. Believe me.
Even if you pray till you are black and blue, you will not get access to God until you obey Him. undecided
Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by inforesource: 4:23pm On Feb 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Even if you pray till you are black and blue, you will not get access to God until you obey Him. undecided
Don't forget that prayer is a command. It has to do with Obidient.
Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by Kobojunkie: 4:28pm On Feb 05, 2023
inforesource:

Don't forget that prayer is a command. It has to do with Obidient.
Same God made it clear that not all prayer is acceptable so you can pray till you are black and blue in the face, yet God will not answer. undecided
Re: 8 Important Ways We Can Develop Our Faith As Christians by DyshApp: 9:14am On May 23, 2023
There are times when the natural order of events is unlikely to move as quickly in our favour, especially when the future can be quite uncertain.
Currently, in the downturn economy that we are experiencing, coupled with high inflation, these events can negatively affect us, and it is in these moments that we ought to learn how to use our faith currency more effectively.Faith in God can also defeats financial fear, here's how https://www.nairaland.com/7695395/faith-currency-finances#123239188

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Most Christians Commit Fornication & Adultery?. / Why Are Women More Religious Than Men? / Jesus Lied :'(

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.