Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,400 members, 7,861,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:12 AM

Let Ur Light So Shine - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Let Ur Light So Shine (1024 Views)

Let Your Light So Shine / Good Morning Prayers : May The Lord Make His Face To Shine Upon You / Arise And Shine For Jesus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Ur Light So Shine by Nooneonline(m): 7:51am On Oct 27, 2021
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16"

Light is an essential element in heaven and on earth. It reveals whatever has been covered by darkness; it gives our eyes the ability to see. In other words, the earth is full of light because of the children of light. Our light is our good works. These includes good character, faithfulness, preaching the gospel, healing the sick, charity, demonstrating the power of God etc. When people see these or benefit from them, they will surely glorify the Father in heaven. Dear reader, how are you lighting your world?

Jesus loves you
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 6:21am On Nov 09, 2021
Nooneonline:
"Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:16"

Light is an essential element in heaven and on earth. It reveals whatever has been covered by darkness; it gives our eyes the ability to see. In other words, the earth is full of light because of the children of light. Our light is our good works. These includes good character, faithfulness, preaching the gospel, healing the sick, charity, demonstrating the power of God etc. When people see these or benefit from them, they will surely glorify the Father in heaven. Dear reader, how are you lighting your world?
Jesus loves you
The statement in bold is not accurate, this since God gave us a specific list of the works to do in order to get that light to shine, this in Isaiah 58 undecided

6 “I will tell you the kind of day I want—a day to set people free. I want a day that you take the burdens off others. I want a day when you set troubled people free and you take the burdens from their shoulders.
7 I want you to share your food with the hungry. I want you to find the poor who don’t have homes and bring them into your own homes. When you see people who have no clothes, give them your clothes! Don’t hide from your relatives when they need help.”

8 If you do these things, your light will begin to shine like the light of dawn. Then your wounds will heal. Your “Goodness” will walk in front of you, and the Glory of the Lord will come following behind you.
9 Then you will call to the Lord, and he will answer you. You will cry out to him, and he will say, “Here I am.”

Stop causing trouble and putting burdens on people. Stop saying things to hurt people or accusing them of things they didn’t do.
10 Feel sorry for hungry people and give them food. Help those who are troubled and satisfy their needs. Then your light will shine in the darkness. You will be like the bright sunshine at noon.

11 The Lord will always lead you and satisfy your needs in dry lands. He will give strength to your bones. You will be like a garden that has plenty of water, like a spring that never goes dry.....- Isaiah 58 vs 1 - 14
undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Nooneonline(m): 9:46am On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
The statement in bold is not accurate, this since God gave us a specific list of the works to do in order to get that light to shine, this in Isaiah 58 undecided

. undecided
all u said is summarised under good works and character brethren
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 3:57pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nooneonline:
all u said is summarised under good works and character brethren
See, this is exactly the same kind of arrogance that Jesus Christ chided the Pharisees for, that you are here exhibiting. Do you think God a fool for providing an exact list of the kind of works He instead wants from you? undecided

Go ahead and compare your list of what you consider good works to God's list and tell us if by sticking to your own list, you fulfill God's own requirements there. undecided

There is another list of good works specified as the keys to Heaven in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 40. Notice how those are the particular works for which all those who will enter into Heaven will be judged. How many of those have you regularly accomplished in your life? Or do you think God will accept any "good works" offering that comes from you when He returns? undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Nooneonline(m): 4:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
See, this is exactly the same kind of arrogance that Jesus Christ chided the Pharisees for, that you are here exhibiting. Do you think God a fool for providing an exact list of the kind of works He instead wants from you? undecided

Go ahead and compare your list of what you consider good works to God's list and tell us if by sticking to your own list, you fulfill God's own requirements there. undecided

There is another list of good works specified as the keys to Heaven in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 40. Notice how those are the particular works for which all those who will enter into Heaven will be judged. How many of those have you regularly accomplished in your life? Or do you think God will accept any "good works" offering that comes from you when He returns? undecided
bro I don't have the energy to argue. have a good day

1 Like

Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 4:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
Nooneonline:
bro I don't have the energy to argue. have a good day
Showing you what God in fact said of on a subject is not an attempt to argue with you but lead you to His Truth as opposed to your opinion on such things. undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Showing you what God in fact said of on a subject is not an attempt to argue with you but lead you to His Truth as opposed to your opinion on such things. undecided

Aren't you guys saying the same thing? undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 5:59pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081:
Aren't you guys saying the same thing? undecided
Where in this whole conversation do you have it that we are saying the same thing? undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Where in this whole conversation do you have it that we are saying the same thing? undecided

He stated that the way one light shines so bright is through good works undecided

What is good works? And how's it different from what God voiced in Isiah 58? undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081:
What is good works? And how's it different from what God voiced in Isiah 58? undecided
Now, can you compare the OP's list of what constitutes good works to God's list in Isaiah 58, and then tell me how you assume them the same. undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Now, can you compare the OP's list of what constitutes good works to God's list in Isaiah 58, and then tell me how you assume them the same. undecided

OP's list: : undecided

Our light is our good works. These includes good character, faithfulness, preaching the gospel, healing the sick, charity, demonstrating the power of God etc.

And how's is it different from Isiah 58?

Is charity? Different from taken off others burden or feeding them?

Is it setting troubled people (due to sickness) free by healing or setting one that's in prison free which is till under charity?

Or preaching the good news to someone who doesn't even know what make of life and about to go suicide? undecided

Is it having good character by not being a trouble causer? Or being someone who settles differences between people?

undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081:

OP's list: : undecided
And how's is it different from Isiah 58?
Is it setting troubled people (due to sickness) free by healing or setting one that's in prison free which is till under charity?
Or preaching the good news to someone who doesn't even know what make of life and about to go suicide? undecided
Is it having good character by not being a trouble causer? Or being someone who settles differences between people?
undecided
Pay attention... below is what I asked of you. undecided

Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Pay attention... below is what I asked of you. undecided

You didn't see that I gave a somewhat comparison? undecided

Again:

undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081, since you refuse, here is what God said you should do in Isaiah 58 in order to let your light shine. undecided

GOD'S Commandment
■ Take the burdens off others
■ Set troubled people free and take the burdens from their shoulders
■ Share your food with the hungry
■ Find the poor who don't have homes and bring them into your own homes
■ When you see people who have no clothes, give them your clothes
■ Don't hide from your relatives when they need help

OP's list of good works
■ good character
■ faithfulness
■ preaching the gospel
■ healing the sick
■ charity
■ demonstrating the power of God etc.

Here's hoping that you can see that OP is not even remotely saying the same thing that God is telling us to do. undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081:
You didn't see that I gave a somewhat comparison? undecidedAgain: undecided
Look up the meaning of the word 'comparison' and 'charity' for next time then. undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Look up the meaning of the word 'comparison' and 'charity' for next time then. undecided

The act of comparing or the state or process of being compared.
to bring a thing into comparison with another;  there is no comparison between them
undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Ayo081, since you refuse, here is what God said you should do in Isaiah 58 in order to let your light shine. undecided

GOD'S Commandment

OP's list of good works
■ good character
■ faithfulness
■ preaching the gospel
■ healing the sick
■ charity
■ demonstrating the power of God etc.

Here's hoping that you can see that OP is not even remotely saying the same thing that God is telling us to do. undecided

Well if anything at all the OP mentioned Charity undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 6:56pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081:
Well if anything at all the OP mentioned Charity undecided
But God never mentioned charity in His list. undecided

Instead what He gave where definite instructions on what to do I order to get your light to shine. undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 7:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
God never mentioned charity in His list. undecided

Instead what He gave where definite instructions on what to do I order to get your light to shine. undecided

Kobojunkiee:

GOD'S Commandment

undecided

Charity meaning

1- The goods or money given to those in need.

2- (uncountable) Benevolence to others less fortunate than ourselves; the providing of goods or money to those in need.

3-In general, an attitude of kindness and understanding towards others, now especially suggesting
undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 7:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081:
undecided
undecided
Again God never mentioned charity in His list. undecided
He didn't ask for your benevolence, nor did He ask you to show kindnesss or understanding. NOTICE God didn't even mention money at all. undecided

Instead what He gave where definite instructions on what to do in order to get your light to shine. undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Again God never mentioned charity in His list. undecided
He didn't ask for your benevolence, nor did He ask you to show kindnesss or understanding. NOTICE God didn't even mention money at all. undecided

Instead what He gave where definite instructions on what to do in order to get your light to shine. undecided

lol how's your day going? undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 7:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081:
Lol how's your day going? undecided
I am serious... too many people are used to overuling God as if to suggest God is some kind of fool who does not mean what He says exactly the way He said it. undecided

Learn to take God at His Word, not yours! undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I am serious... too many people are used to overuling God as if to suggest God is some kind of fool who does not mean what He says exactly the way He said it. undecided

Learn to take God at His Word, not yours! undecided

Alright, I will do that. I completely get you, we're not supposed to add or remove from God's word. undecided

But this will somehow take me back to when you posted about 'using your understanding, to get more'.

And I ask how's your day going? undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 7:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081:
Alright, I will do that. I completely get you, we're not supposed to add or remove from God's word. undecided

But this will somehow take me back to when you posted about 'using your understanding, to get more'.

And I ask how's your day going? undecided
The key here is God is not a fool.... His definition of good works is what He will use in judging us, not ours. undecided

Using my understanding to get more of what? My day is the same as most every other day this past week. So nothing to talk about. undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 7:47pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
The key here is God is not a fool.... His definition of good works is what He will use in judging us, not ours. undecided

Using my understanding to get more of what? My day is the same as most every other day this past week. So nothing to talk about. undecided

Kobojunkie:

3. USE THE UNDERSTANDING YOU HAVE AND YOU WILL GET MORE; ELSE EVEN THE LITTLE UNDERSTANDING YOU HAD WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU - Matthew 13 vs 13 & Mark 4 vs 21 - 25 " Matthew 25 vs 29 undecided
undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 7:51pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081:
undecided
How can you get understanding from God when you outrightly write off as foolish that which God indicated to you? undecided

Or are you assuming you can get the understanding from other humans instead? undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 7:58pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:

Or are you assuming you can get the understanding from other humans instead? undecided

Never undecided

I assume that the word when studied correctly brings more understanding undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 8:02pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081:
Never undecided
I assume that the word when studied correctly brings more understanding undecided
Jesus Christ is always waiting for those who will heed His instructions anytime. undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 8:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
Jesus Christ is always waiting for those who will heed His instructions anytime. undecided

Absolutely!

If you completely heed to the 'word', you'll be persecuted.

How do you manage that? undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081:
Absolutely!
If you completely heed to the 'word', you'll be prosecuted.
How do you manage that? undecided
I don't understand. How exactly will heeding His Word get me prosecuted? For what? undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Ayo081(m): 8:28pm On Nov 09, 2021
Kobojunkiee:
I don't understand. How exactly will heeding His Word get me prosecuted? For what? undecided

Oh I meant * persecuted undecided
Re: Let Ur Light So Shine by Kobojunkiee: 8:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ayo081:
Oh I meant * persecuted undecided
Persecuted by Whom though? undecided

Recall the ones who persecuted Jesus Christ and even the disciples were not the unbelievers of the world, but rather those claimed to worship the very same God but hated Jesus Christ, His Truth. Who do you think those are in today's world? undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Gospel Singer Mrs Osinachi Nwachukwu Was Beaten To Death By Her Husband. / Who Are Workers Of Iniquity / The Thief on the cross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.