Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:13 PM

Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce (2655 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / Top Ten Reason For Divorce In 2012 / Nigeria Law For Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce by Omooba77: 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2011
Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce

Fela’s son, Femi Anikulapo-Kuti has filed a divorce suit against his estranged wife, Funke.

Funke Kuti and Femi Kuti.

Filed before Justice L.A.M. Folami of Lagos High Court, the suit, when heard, will be another celebrated divorce case.

P.M.NEWS learnt that the case was to have come up on 31 May, 2011.

Although the ground for the divorce could not be ascertained, a source said it may not be unconnected with a an allegation of infidelity against Funke seven years ago.

Another source told P.M.NEWS that the divorce could be due to incompatibility between the couple.

It was gathered that they still speak on phone and Funke often visits Femi’s Akute home to see Made, the only child of the marriage.

Although no date has been fixed for the hearing, both parties confirmed that they are aware of the case.

“Yes, I have filed for divorce, but I will not speak further on the case because I don’t want you to spoil it for me,” Femi told P.M.NEWS jokingly.

On her part, Funke said she has been served a divorce letter, adding, “that is only what I can tell you about the matter.”

In 2003, the entertainment industry witnessed the separation of a one-time happy couple, Femi and Funke, as the former accused the latter of infidelity among other things.

This, however, was denied by the wife and later both went their different ways, leaving Made, their only child in the custody of Femi.

After the separation seven years ago, Femi had other relationships which have produced five kids while Funke is yet to remarry.
Re: Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce by Omooba77: 5:33pm On Jun 03, 2011
Why is it that celebrities can't manage their homes. God will help us!
Re: Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce by IfeLuvely: 9:59pm On Jun 03, 2011
one of my sis friends cuz had a baby by femi kuti early this year, apparently they r planning on gettin married soon lipsrsealed
Re: Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce by OAM4J: 12:52am On Jun 04, 2011
Omooba77:

Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce

Fela’s son, Femi Anikulapo-Kuti has filed a divorce suit against his estranged wife, Funke.

Funke Kuti and Femi Kuti.

Filed before Justice L.A.M. Folami of Lagos High Court, the suit, when heard, will be another celebrated divorce case.

P.M.NEWS learnt that the case was to have come up on 31 May, 2011.

Although the ground for the divorce could not be ascertained, a source said it may not be unconnected with a an allegation of infidelity against Funke seven years ago.

Another source told P.M.NEWS that the divorce could be due to incompatibility between the couple.

It was gathered that they still speak on phone and Funke often visits Femi’s Akute home to see Made, the only child of the marriage.

Although no date has been fixed for the hearing, both parties confirmed that they are aware of the case.

“Yes, I have filed for divorce, but I will not speak further on the case because I don’t want you to spoil it for me,” Femi told P.M.NEWS jokingly.

On her part, Funke said she has been served a divorce letter, adding, “that is only what I can tell you about the matter.”

In 2003, the entertainment industry witnessed the separation of a one-time happy couple, Femi and Funke, as the former accused the latter of infidelity among other things.

This, however, was denied by the wife and later both went their different ways, leaving Made, their only child in the custody of Femi.

After the separation seven years ago, Femi had other relationships which have produced five kids while Funke is yet to remarry.

Interesting!
Re: Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce by otokx(m): 3:02pm On Jun 06, 2011
Femi is a bang man. Bang Bang Bang Bang
Re: Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce by Blazay(m): 6:08pm On Jun 08, 2011
Typical Yoruba marriage.
Chaotic! cheesy

See who is accusing someone of infidelity?

6 children from 6 different women. . . YORUBA AKATA LIFE! grin

LIKE FADA LIKE SON! WITH ITCHING PEH-NIS!

When H-AIDS killy dis wan na. . .Yoruba peeps go blame H-Abacha!

Tufiakwa!

(1) (Reply)

z / 85% Of Nigeria Married Women Cheats Says Blessingceo / Fresh and Delicious roasted Cashew Nuts For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.