Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,106 members, 7,852,751 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:09 AM

My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. (1041 Views)

Phone Snatchers Kill Army Officer, Lt IM Abubakar (Isa) In Kaduna / Seven Nigerian Pickers Arrested In U.S. For Laundering $8 Million Scam Proceeds / Custom Detain 2 Trucks Filled With Petrol Kegs At Challenge, Ibadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by pheelhip(m): 9:50am On Oct 29, 2021
I have been hearing stories of people having their phones removed from their pockets without their consciousness and I have always wondered how things like that happened, while asking myself several questions like, how is that possible, why won't you know someone dipped hands into ur pocket, how could you have been that carried away.

Guys, let me say all those questions were answered days ago but Grace saved me �. I would have dragged myself home in tears if they'd succeed.

So, coming from apata, I alighted at Challenge
Awaiting the traffic light to pass tricycles going my destination. Okay, it was as if the traffic light read my mind, hence the green button.

These lowlife criminals disguised as tricycle driver and the passengers his cohorts, slowed down, i flagged, Top One Garden, he waited.
I wanted to enter from the right handside, wanting to seat at the back with two other guys who were already in

The driver haven sighted my phone inside my right thigh pocket knew it wouldn't be easy for those other guys to pick from that side since it will be facing outside. He pleaded with me that I should please come in through the other side, the drivers side that one of the passengers would pick a load at Glo office, so it will be easier for him to get down, pick the load without delay.

I agreed, not knowing it was part of the plan, this time my right pocket was in, right beside the next passenger, easy for him to pick but it wasn't that easy though.

It was not even upto 5secs that I boarded the tricycle, while still settling down, I felt I strong movement or touch in my pocket, I was like what's this, I looked down and to my surprise saw this guys hand rapidly sliding away from my pocket, I was so shocked. I looked sternly at him, he horridly looked forward, I wanted to give him elbow, but my brain processed it that NO man, you have to get down first. The tricycle just increasing its speed, I got down while on motion and it sped off before I could look back.
Fear and shock gripped me. Walahi, mo forh seh!

When I came down I had to put my self together before people start asking me what happened,
while imagining the whole scenario, From the Jovial driver, who didn't even bother telling me the transportation cost to where I was going, he just told me to hop in, to the haggard looking passengers that kept silent during the whole conversation process. Omo!
These ones no carry gun but ee shock me oo, imagine if dem come carry gun. It would have been day light lowkey robbery.

I had to take the next available Tricycle but this time I changed direction and went straight home.
While gasping for breathe, I finished 3 sachets of water when I got home, i had thank God because the phone clocked a month 2days ago, like I lost my previous one to theft but that was due to my carelessness
Imagine if dem come carry this one, ahh! No be wetin I go dey talk be this But the thief sef go collect, I go find better cow horn whey dan mature
Come off cloth, climb tallest tree, come dey swear give them. The course will move on to their 100th Generation ��

I just talk say make I update una ��.
Be careful with the way you handle your phone in public, guys are not smiling ooo. No one is your friend, assume the worst of everyone, only the paranoid will survive.

They could have snatched it if peradventure I held it and then they zoomed off, I go just road dey cry, Thieves really got no lives. God keep us all �

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by xpressionx(m): 9:55am On Oct 29, 2021
lol.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by Bola146(f): 9:56am On Oct 29, 2021
grin grin grin is it true that " Ibadan ti ko jale oju lo n ro? I'm always careful whenever I see those Keke especially those ones that will tell you to sit in the middle lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I'll just grab my bag with my two hands firmly grin grin that is why I cancelled any late night going out from 6pm. You should be very careful of entering Micra, Keke and bike along that orita to gate axis especially when there is much hold up recently. Thank God for your life and phone

6 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by ChiefSosa(m): 10:10am On Oct 29, 2021
All criminals should be gruesomely killed in the presence of their loved ones and the loved ones must be forced to laugh and cheer on during the gruesome event. I hate and have no pity for anyone that is willing to cause pain and tears to his fellow human.

5 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by richmondefosa(m): 10:12am On Oct 29, 2021
shocked

You for first confirm that one wey slide hand into your pocket with heavy slap.
Make e know say you know wetin e been try do.
Strong your face deck am better decking.

If kasala wan burst, make e burst. If you try disarm me i go give you better decking.
Igboro ni mi. I go tell you say all of us na the same street we come out from.

Thank God you got out safe though.

5 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by Akakanfirstclass(m): 10:18am On Oct 29, 2021
Mehnn...

Most people just sees this lowlife crime like a daily hustle.
Wicked shaa

If them burn them now, y'all will squeeze face.

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by pheelhip(m): 12:39pm On Oct 29, 2021
richmondefosa:
shocked

You for first confirm that one wey slide hand into your pocket with heavy slap.
Make e know say you know wetin e been try do.
Strong your face deck am better decking.

If kasala wan burst, make e burst. If you try disarm me i go give you better decking.
Igboro ni mi. I go tell you say all of us na the same street we come out from.

Thank God you got out safe though.

I'm sure they will also come prepared for hard ones, don't risk your life. Save it first.
Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by pheelhip(m): 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2021
Akakanfirstclass:
Mehnn...

Most people just sees this lowlife crime like a daily hustle.
Wicked shaa

If them burn them now, y'all will squeeze face.

No single pity for them again, as the country take be, person go still come dey steal person source of livelihood all in the name of hustling.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by Blackfire(m): 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2021
Poor person won't let us hear word..

How much is the phone sef
Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by EnemyofGod22(m): 4:33pm On Oct 29, 2021
God and satan doesn't exist,,,

Know this and have peace of mind.
Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by Boogyman557: 4:43pm On Oct 29, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool IF U DE WALKER 4 ANY STREET, MAKE SURE SEY U CARRY UR OWN KALA. ABOBI ANY MANCHI WEY JAZZ UP, BLAST EM LEG. WTF MAN
Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by pheelhip(m): 7:05pm On Oct 29, 2021
Blackfire:
Poor person won't let us hear word..

How much is the phone sef

Ahhh! Richy
The way we generate income are different
It's like you have enough with you, you could have requested for my account number instead.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by pheelhip(m): 7:06pm On Oct 29, 2021
xpressionx:
lol.

Express yourself better grin
Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by Olumighty123(m): 11:20pm On Oct 29, 2021
This afternoon, I was walking through this popular under bridge in lagos, full of street thugs, I was walking behind this young guy carrying a back bag, not sure what the content of that bag was. There were two thugs behind him trying to get into his bag with the zipper slightly opened, they were been slow at it due to not wanting to cause a scene, but yet, many people could see what was going on, it was funny how no one could say a word or do anything seeing them getting into someone else's properties. In the process of this thugs trying to get into the bag, the victim didn't even notice a thing, then i was able to walk pass the guy and whisper to him (Your bag is open) na so this guy shout "My bag is open keh?" That's how this thugs charged at me with full force, na you get mouth talk abi, I didn't shake a bit (as a street guy) I kept my cool and kept walking, one held my shirt from behind and I was mad as hell and i almost gave him an headbutt, while all this was happening, everyone was looking and going their way. Even the guy I informed about his bag been opened took to his heels, leaving me to my faith. Those thugs could have harmed me if I was some other guys.. in all, I was able to scale through this thugs and headed my way.. if you are that guy I told about his bag being opened today at under bridge, do not scream next time, just calm down and adjust yourself so no one gets hurt for being a good Samaritan.

5 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by pheelhip(m): 9:22am On Oct 30, 2021
Boogyman557:
HOLLY GRAM cool IF U DE WALKER 4 ANY STREET, MAKE SURE SEY U CARRY UR OWN KALA. ABOBI ANY MANCHI WEY JAZZ UP, BLAST EM LEG. WTF MAN

Senior Man grin

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by pheelhip(m): 9:25am On Oct 30, 2021
Olumighty123:
This afternoon, I was walking through this popular under bridge in lagos, full of street thugs, I was walking behind this young guy carrying a back bag, not sure what the content of that bag was. There were two thugs behind him trying to get into his bag with the zipper slightly opened, they were been slow at it due to not wanting to cause a scene, but yet, many people could see what was going on, it was funny how no one could say a word or do anything seeing them getting into someone else's properties. In the process of this thugs trying to get into the bag, the victim didn't even notice a thing, then i was able to walk pass the guy and whisper to him (Your bag is open) na so this guy shout "My bag is open keh?" That's how this thugs charged at me with full force, na you get mouth talk abi, I didn't shake a bit (as a street guy) I kept my cool and kept walking, one held my shirt from behind and I was mad as hell and i almost gave him an headbutt, while all this was happening, everyone was looking and going their way. Even the guy I informed about his bag been opened took to his heels, leaving me to my faith. Those thugs could have harmed me if I was some other guys.. in all, I was able to scale through this thugs and headed my way.. if you are that guy I told about his bag being opened today at under bridge, do not scream next time, just calm down and adjust yourself so no one gets hurt for being a good Samaritan.

Thanks for coming through for that young Man, fear and shock made him run, don't lay blame on him please. I'm sure he did apologise and appreciate when next he sees you.it takes street sense to be street wise. Ee get wetin your eyes dan see before you could Man up to that extent. Thanks for the advice you put up there though.

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by Mpanyi: 6:29pm On Oct 30, 2021
Olumighty123:

God bless you. But the guy you helped no try at all.
Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by okooloyun1(m): 12:17am On Oct 31, 2021
pheelhip:
I have been hearing stories of people having their phones removed from their pockets without their consciousness and I have always wondered how things like that happened, while asking myself several questions like, how is that possible, why won't you know someone dipped hands into ur pocket, how could you have been that carried away.

Guys, let me say all those questions were answered days ago but Grace saved me �. I would have dragged myself home in tears if they'd succeed.

So, coming from apata, I alighted at Challenge
Awaiting the traffic light to pass tricycles going my destination. Okay, it was as if the traffic light read my mind, hence the green button.

These lowlife criminals disguised as tricycle driver and the passengers his cohorts, slowed down, i flagged, Top One Garden, he waited.
I wanted to enter from the right handside, wanting to seat at the back with two other guys who were already in

The driver haven sighted my phone inside my right thigh pocket knew it wouldn't be easy for those other guys to pick from that side since it will be facing outside. He pleaded with me that I should please come in through the other side, the drivers side that one of the passengers would pick a load at Glo office, so it will be easier for him to get down, pick the load without delay.

I agreed, not knowing it was part of the plan, this time my right pocket was in, right beside the next passenger, easy for him to pick but it wasn't that easy though.

It was not even upto 5secs that I boarded the tricycle, while still settling down, I felt I strong movement or touch in my pocket, I was like what's this, I looked down and to my surprise saw this guys hand rapidly sliding away from my pocket, I was so shocked. I looked sternly at him, he horridly looked forward, I wanted to give him elbow, but my brain processed it that NO man, you have to get down first. The tricycle just increasing its speed, I got down while on motion and it sped off before I could look back.
Fear and shock gripped me. Walahi, mo forh seh!

When I came down I had to put my self together before people start asking me what happened,
while imagining the whole scenario, From the Jovial driver, who didn't even bother telling me the transportation cost to where I was going, he just told me to hop in, to the haggard looking passengers that kept silent during the whole conversation process. Omo!
These ones no carry gun but ee shock me oo, imagine if dem come carry gun. It would have been day light lowkey robbery.

I had to take the next available Tricycle but this time I changed direction and went straight home.
While gasping for breathe, I finished 3 sachets of water when I got home, i had thank God because the phone clocked a month 2days ago, like I lost my previous one to theft but that was due to my carelessness
Imagine if dem come carry this one, ahh! No be wetin I go dey talk be this But the thief sef go collect, I go find better cow horn whey dan mature
Come off cloth, climb tallest tree, come dey swear give them. The course will move on to their 100th Generation ��

I just talk say make I update una ��.
Be careful with the way you handle your phone in public, guys are not smiling ooo. No one is your friend, assume the worst of everyone, only the paranoid will survive.

They could have snatched it if peradventure I held it and then they zoomed off, I go just road dey cry, Thieves really got no lives. God keep us all �
This was exactly how my phone was stolen along Monatan to Iyana-Church inside keke.
Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by SALIMAN(m): 12:47am On Oct 31, 2021
Not bad
Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by pheelhip(m): 6:26am On Oct 31, 2021
okooloyun1:
This was exactly how my phone was stolen along Monatan to Iyana-Church inside keke.
Same scheme
They will meet their Waterloo someday
Ibadan is now den of thieves.
Sorry for your loss man
Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by BluntTheApostle(m): 4:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bola146:
grin grin grin is it true that " Ibadan ti ko jale oju lo n ro? I'm always careful whenever I see those Keke especially those ones that will tell you to sit in the middle lipsrsealed lipsrsealed I'll just grab my bag with my two hands firmly grin grin that is why I cancelled any late night going out from 6pm. You should be very careful of entering Micra, Keke and bike along that orita to gate axis especially when there is much hold up recently. Thank God for your life and phone

Ibadan is the home of thieves.
Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by Bola146(f): 5:29pm On Oct 31, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Ibadan is the home of thieves.

Never! What will you say about Lagos and some other states?

2 Likes

Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by pheelhip(m): 7:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bola146:

Never! What will you say about Lagos and some other states?
Ibadan already took over
Re: My Ordeal With Mobile Phone Pickers/snatchers At Challenge Ibadan. by PureStarman: 10:40pm On Oct 31, 2021
Thanks for this

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! / Housemaid Who Killed Ex-governor Lucky Igbinedion's Mother Sentenced To Death By / BREAKING: Robbers Attack First Bank, Zenith Bank In Ankpa Kogi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.