Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,281 members, 7,849,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:31 PM

My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! (1036 Views)

How My Generator Was Stolen Last Night / My Phone Was Stolen And Money Withdrawn From My Bank Account / My Phone Was Stolen And My Firstbank Account Was Debited Without My Pin ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by donbabchizy(m): 5:09am On Feb 06, 2022
I was driving in the traffic around 8pm around fagba OPP first bank, iju road Lagos yesterday evening then a guy came and hit my car just to get my attention then I asked him what happened, he was saying things I didn't hear nor understand,I thought maybe something happened to my car cos the two front glass was wind down! Then he left and I zoomed off only to realise my iPhone was missing! Then I immediately came down from my vehicle and chased him cos I was still seeing his back crossing the road to the other side, I didn't mind if my car was blocking others on the road, though I put of my car and left with the key . Getting to that market beside first bank that leads to abbarteur railway., I couldn't find the guy anymore.. I asked those aboki but only one responded that he passed the other side.. mehn I was confused and thinking of my phone, informations and my Atm that I kept behind my phone pouch . I tried to trace him but couldnt, I asked around for maybe Their oga or whoever incharge of that place.. maybe he could help me retrieve my phone and I will pay but no one helped.. then I called my friend with my other phone which was still in my pocket, he came immediately and we went around but no way.. then he said we should find way to block my accounts and sim . That was when I signed in my GTB app on the phone with me and realised they already withdraw about 300k .. they started with 20k in 4 places via betpak or so, I guess it's a betting company, then 10k each in about 4 places..I am not sure, but it was via paystack.. then 102k in two places which was via paycomm. I don't know how they did it, either via my ATM or phone since Its the SIM connected to my bank that's on the phone.. I was confused and tried to call GTB customer care but as usual no way ..I tried to block it via means I knew..no way .I was in shocked and confused.. so I drove off to police station and they didn't even know how to help block it. I signed in my app again and tried to find means there until I saw account disable and I clicked it and put any date just to sha block it.. first one didn't go and second one said successful.. yet I could still sign in my app.. then God helped me to remember transfer, then I transferred the remaining money to my friend's wife account immediately cos I have her as beneficiary.. before then my friend's wife sent 1.3m to my account for business so I can help her buy cars and resell cos that's my job .now those criminal has put in a deep shit.. phone worth about 400k plus transfer 300k just in one night within an hour.. I am so pained at this gbese cos country is hard. Please if you know anyone or any powerful person around fagba that can help me get my phone back, I would so much appreciate and would pay cos my phone is important.. someone told me that something like this happened to him one time like that and he got his phone back via the help of someone at the point of selling the phone the got it and settled them 20k..been trying to reach that guy but his number is not connecting.. please kindly help with any info you can and I would so much appreciate.. I am still in shock and pain as we speak . Thanks
Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by CXLVII: 5:19am On Feb 06, 2022
Congratulations
Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by donbabchizy(m): 5:25am On Feb 06, 2022
Really?? I am in pain and upset about the whole situation and you saying Congratulations! It is well

CXLVII:
Congratulations

1 Like

Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by doggedfighter(f): 5:46am On Feb 06, 2022
This should happen to Buhari supporters and his disgraceful miscreants on here. undecided

I know they will too ashamed to say it here .

Sorry about your experience, dearie !

1 Like

Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by ValCon888: 6:15am On Feb 06, 2022
Very unfortunate man. You just have to dust yourself back up and move on.

1 Like

Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by Goldbw122(m): 6:17am On Feb 06, 2022
donbabchizy:
I was driving in the traffic around 8pm around fagba OPP first bank, iju road Lagos yesterday evening then a guy came and hit my car just to get my attention then I asked him what happened, he was saying things I didn't hear nor understand,I thought maybe something happened to my car cos the two front glass was wind down! Then he left and I zoomed off only to realise my iPhone was missing! Then I immediately came down from my vehicle and chased him cos I was still seeing his back crossing the road to the other side, I didn't mind if my car was blocking others on the road, though I put of my car and left with the key . Getting to that market beside first bank that leads to abbarteur railway., I couldn't find the guy anymore.. I asked those aboki but only one responded that he passed the other side.. mehn I was confused and thinking of my phone, informations and my Atm that I kept behind my phone pouch . I tried to trace him but couldnt, I asked around for maybe Their oga or whoever incharge of that place.. maybe he could help me retrieve my phone and I will pay but no one helped.. then I called my friend with my other phone which was still in my pocket, he came immediately and we went around but no way.. then he said we should find way to block my accounts and sim . That was when I signed in my GTB app on the phone with me and realised they already withdraw about 300k .. they started with 20k in 4 places via betpak or so, I guess it's a betting company, then 10k each in about 4 places..I am not sure, but it was via paystack.. then 102k in two places which was via paycomm. I don't know how they did it, either via my ATM or phone since Its the SIM connected to my bank that's on the phone.. I was confused and tried to call GTB customer care but as usual no way ..I tried to block it via means I knew..no way .I was in shocked and confused.. so I drove off to police station and they didn't even know how to help block it. I signed in my app again and tried to find means there until I saw account disable and I clicked it and put any date just to sha block it.. first one didn't go and second one said successful.. yet I could still sign in my app.. then God helped me to remember transfer, then I transferred the remaining money to my friend's wife account immediately cos I have her as beneficiary.. before then my friend's wife sent 1.3m to my account for business so I can help her buy cars and resell cos that's my job .now those criminal has put in a deep shit.. phone worth about 400k plus transfer 300k just in one night within an hour.. I am so pained at this gbese cos country is hard. Please if you know anyone or any powerful person around fagba that can help me get my phone back, I would so much appreciate and would pay cos my phone is important.. someone told me that something like this happened to him one time like that and he got his phone back via the help of someone at the point of selling the phone the got it and settled them 20k..been trying to reach that guy but his number is not connecting.. please kindly help with any info you can and I would so much appreciate.. I am still in shock and pain as we speak . Thanks
Sorry about the situation, Nigeria is another country of depression I swear, they should have block it..

1 Like

Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by Boogyman557: 6:24am On Feb 06, 2022
Holly Gram cool

NO VEX..

U BE MUMU!

Na KALA I go take BLAST ur left leg if I SEE u in PESIN..

WAITING DE WORRY U!

D Time wey u go USE BLOCK ur ATM, U use am de RUN RUN up and down, de PUT PUT UNNECESSARY calls..

Dey ask ask ABOKI useless QUESTION.

U STILL went ahead to look 4 d OGA of d PLACE..

Dat 1 no STILL do u, U STILL PUT PUT call and call ur FRIEND to HELP u SEARCH 4 d useless MANCHI..

I SAY it again

U B MUMU!

WTF MAN

1 Like

Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by Jakumo(m): 6:26am On Feb 06, 2022
donbabchizy:

Oga OP. An iPhone 11 Max is a $600 phone, which translates into 400 thousand naira. Anything that valuable and that portable should never have been in your possession inside Lagos traffic of all places. Nothing wrong with owning such an expensive phone if you can afford it, but given the rate of crime in a typical Lagos traffic holdup, it was only a matter of time before that treasure would be re-allocated by thieves.

When you replace that phone, leave it in the safe at home, and carry with you a cheap Nokia phone costing no more than 4 thousand naira, to use while you are in the danger zone. Additionally, carry a dead and worthless Nokia phone that will be placed openly in your car, and ready for thieves to collect if they so desire, while the functioning Nokia phone should be kept safely under the seat of your car.

Lagos is one of the most crime-ridden cities on this planet. Lagos is NOT Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and certainly NOT Belgravia London, so you must conduct yourself accordingly. Consider the loss of your prized iPhone as a lesson in reality that will inform wiser behavior in the future. Finally, avoid carrying about any phone that is linked to your bank account, or is used to receive banking alerts, for the same security reasons.

3 Likes

Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by neuf(m): 6:41am On Feb 06, 2022
"Find my iPhone" will help you retrieve your phone. Depending on where it's currently located tho.

Hope you find the werey and deal with him properly
Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by Olatoman(m): 6:44am On Feb 06, 2022
Sorry about the situation donbabchizy.

Think you should try and activate the find my iPhone via iCloud.com

That and also making a formal complaint at Police HQ at Ikeja GRA (think they have a unit dedicated to phone recovery via the IMEI, might cost you a token, but will cost whoever is with the phone a possible jail time)

Once again, sorry about the incident.
Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by jhydebaba(m): 6:51am On Feb 06, 2022
So sorry about your loss. One can never be too careful with all these thieves around in Lagos. I just keep wondering why our banks are just so porous. Once your ATM is stolen, forget your money, why then do they ask us to password it?

1 Like

Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by nitt: 7:55am On Feb 06, 2022
Take heart bro.

May God give you ten times what you lost to thieves.

For future situations, incase anyone falls into such situations, the first thing to do is get the card blocked as soon as possible before anything else.

Again, take heart.

Lagos is a jungle. One must always be conscious of his environment and movement in there.

I personally don't envy those living in Lagos.
Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by Polynek(m): 7:59am On Feb 06, 2022
Nice 1
Next time you will be more careful and learn how to help or give to the less privileged undecided
Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by nitt: 8:02am On Feb 06, 2022
Polynek:
Nice 1
Next time you will be more careful and learn how to help or give to the less privileged undecided

Are you okay
Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by Fyie: 8:16am On Feb 06, 2022
So people still carry their alert SIM up and down and yet without no pin locking the SIM. Owk continue.

I have two SIM cards. My main SIM which is for alert and bank transaction always offline and kept at home. I receive my alert through my email.
I also have my calling SIM card, and can take it to anywhere.

These guys main target now is your simcard not yo phone anymore, because they know your SIM is linked to your bank.(format don change o). Banks are not helping any more.

Bro make sure you call your network provider to block yo simcard. They will also borrow airtime with your sim

1 Like

Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by Rastaramsey(m): 8:35am On Feb 06, 2022
You no dey streetwise at all undecided undecided undecided

You Waka commot for car,loose guard everything...

1 Like

Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by Zionzoom(m): 9:13am On Feb 06, 2022
ValCon888:
Very unfortunate man. You just have to dust yourself back up and move on.
seriously, the only way he can see his phone back is if those guys are done with his bank account. Btw how did they log in to ur bank app and do they know ur password?
Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by holluwizzy: 11:33am On Feb 06, 2022
Good question.

jhydebaba:
So sorry about your loss. One can never be too careful with all these thieves around in Lagos. I just keep wondering why our banks are just so porous. Once your ATM is stolen, forget your money, why then do they ask us to password it?

1 Like

Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by Ifakiland(m): 3:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
donbabchizy:
Basic driving 101 at night in lagos; never wind down both car windows at night when you've got valuables dat cam easily be reached, taken or attached to/by theives. Omo baba na serious loose guarding you go loose guard oh
Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by Nobody: 4:45pm On Feb 06, 2022
So sorry bro, this country is getting scarier by the day.....I pray you will get your phone back. You have to be very careful next time. Soon person go dey kip him phone for house
Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by fergieboy: 4:54pm On Feb 06, 2022
I’m more interested in how they moved your money without your pin /token
Re: My Iphone 11 Pro Max And ATM Was Stolen Last Night! by Bolaji26(m): 4:59pm On Feb 06, 2022
Check my last thread to see how they are scamming people through their atm

(1) (Reply)

Zambian Mother Kills Her Child With The Help Of Her Boyfriend (photos) / REVEALED Face of the Police Man who killed female Lawyer Raheem in Lagos / A Guy Caught With His Girlfriend Body Killed And Ready To Disposed, Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.