Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,426 members, 7,819,553 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse (53575 Views)

Traveling Abroad With Soon To Be Wedded Fiancee / Where Can I Relocate To Abroad With 2million Naira? / Nigerians Who Left America And Moved Back To Nigeria, Do You Regret It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by bezimo(m): 4:58pm On Nov 09, 2021
TheGreatOne90:

Joke of the year. It will be easier for a camel to pass the eye of a needle, than for our own naija sisters, to carry there man go abroad. It will never happen

I know some abroad based women that brought their husbands from Nigeria..but in proportion to men who brought their wives..its 1:9. How many women in Nigeria can organize their way with millions and relocate abroad..themselves..they aren't many unlike the guys.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by bezimo(m): 5:05pm On Nov 09, 2021
Gkemz:
I will never take my spouse to abroad if she's a nurse, doctor or medical practitioner. Also if she's driven by peer influence, I will never take that risk.

Even if she comes abroad she needs to re-train and re-licence to practice there which is not any easy feat. However not all 9ja girls brought abroad end up as disaster mistakes..there are a few say 15% of them who don't change and remain as the good god fearing girl that she is because her christianity has root and probably comes from a family that value marriage and good upbringing.

The thing is praying to God to help you find a woman in that 15% because without God the chances you will find a bad 9ja disaster wife is very high because most of them pretend heavily.

Although I am based in Canada..my aunty in Houston would always be warning me having seen the disaster a number of Nigerian women have become in marriages over there, she will say be careful oh, no bring anyhow girl oh..be careful..check her well oh.. because of too many stories that touch

5 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by bezimo(m): 5:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
ImaIma1:

They always forget to add what they did to the wives to make them turn out that way. How have they treated their wives so far?

That's not always the case.A bad woman don't need any ill treatment to screw things up..
If she has bad friends, she will mess up
If her family or mom is controlling her, she will mess up.
If she is a pretender,when she comes abroad she will manifest her true evil character and deal with the man after taking advantage of the system that favours women

I won't pretend like there are not men that are abusive to their wives abroad..which the system doesn't really tolerate..but that is not always the case. I know a case where the wife lied to the police that the husband was abusive so they could boot him out of the house but oga was smarter and had secret camera which revealed the truth..

7 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Lexusgs430: 5:20pm On Nov 09, 2021
BRATISLAVA:

Does ataga ring a bell? cry cheesy

O yes..... I'll stick to wife ....... Too early to kick that bucket........ wink

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by bezimo(m): 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
Acidosis:
If you marry a woman that fears God (or at least her responsible parents), relocating abroad shouldn't be a problem. If the love you both share is all you rely on to see you through, then you're already f**ked.

Something or someone must be able to tame a man or woman to remain sane at every given point. It could be morals, parents, or religion (not the seductive owanbe type of Christians we have in Nigeria though).

If some men can be 100% loyal to their family back in Nigeria despite the opportunity to oppress, misbehave, and marry multiple women, then women can't be all bad when they relocate. Knowing who to marry seems to be the major problem. You can't marry a money-conscious god-less, irreligious Nigerian lady with feminist tendencies and expect her to remain sane when an opportunity is presented. What exactly is going to tame her? Love abi romance? grin

You couldn't have said it any better

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by BluelightHotel: 5:45pm On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

Disorganisation is our downfall every time.

I invited my wife to join me. No sooner had she entered Dublin than she transformed to a demonic disobedient entity. Truly, I did not spare the rod. Oyinbo neighbour complained. Police wahala. So I made sure that daughter of the Devil left the planet. It is the only way. Just be careful to work alone. Tell nobody - especially other Nigerians. Dig deep and bury them well well.

I will share more advice after I have finished my evening meal prepared by my new woman.

It is fried onion rings, bacon and chips.

Her name is Brenda.

Phew..
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by justwise(m): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Aaronsrod:

Disorganisation is our downfall every time.

I invited my wife to join me. No sooner had she entered Dublin than she transformed to a demonic disobedient entity. Truly, I did not spare the rod. Oyinbo neighbour complained. Police wahala. So I made sure that daughter of the Devil left the planet. It is the only way. Just be careful to work alone. Tell nobody - especially other Nigerians. Dig deep and bury them well well.

I will share more advice after I have finished my evening meal prepared by my new woman.

It is fried onion rings, bacon and chips.

Her name is Brenda.

This tasteless joke can get you in trouble

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by ImaIma1(f): 6:43pm On Nov 09, 2021
bezimo:

That's not always the case.A bad woman don't need any ill treatment to screw things up..
If she has bad friends, she will mess up
If her family or mom is controlling her, she will mess up.
If she is a pretender,when she comes abroad she will manifest her true evil character and deal with the man after taking advantage of the system that favours women

I won't pretend like there are not men that are abusive to their wives abroad..which the system doesn't really tolerate..but that is not always the case. I know a case where the wife lied to the police that the husband was abusive so they could boot him out of the house but oga was smarter and had secret camera which revealed the truth..

Right! Some women actually have their agenda when they are going there. Or they get influenced easily by family or friends.

But a lot of times, these people don't tell us the whole story. They only say the part that puts them as the victim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Amanda4life: 8:08pm On Nov 09, 2021
NEROSKY:

Nobody go take u abroad in Jesus name, amen!

SORRY.

IM ALREADY THERE

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Amanda4life: 8:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
Donaluta:

Thats why no man will take you abroad .. with this evil mindset

Sorry I'm there already.

THAT BAD LUK NOW IS FOR YOUR

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by ogaontop(m): 9:02pm On Nov 09, 2021
Phut:

You say, Nigerian women cannot make the sacrifice that white women make to make their homes work??

White women, the leaders of Me Too and the Feminist movement?? In terms of racking shoulders with men, black women dey learn work. Nigerian women haven’t even began apprenticeship.
Self hate is shining very brightly because you seem to assume everything white as good.
So why do the Nigerian guys over there prefer to date those whites than their fellow black ladies?
Our understanding of feminism down here is quite different from theirs!

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by armyofone(m): 9:28pm On Nov 09, 2021
Lmao grin grin grin Bangalore, Bangladesh and Lagos na abroad now grin

ziondaughter247:

See this lowlife ooh! Which abroad you dey? India abi Bangladesh? I am talking about original abroad, UK, USA, Canada not your type. Anuohia. You go to another man's land and still be forming that you will mistreat your wife because you brought her over! You no dey shame? If visa officer no give you visa to India or Bangladesh, you still go dey your village oooh...Real men built their societies, that's why everyone desires to go there. But see the way African men are using abroad(another man's land ooh) to pose. There's really something wrong with the black man! Shameless lots

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by ImaIma1(f): 2:29am On Nov 10, 2021
Acidosis:

grin grin

I'm sure I'll find some loopholes in the story

Because you will look for them
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Ndipe(m): 6:12am On Nov 10, 2021
It is called honor killing not mercy killing. Mercy killing is another term for Euthanasia. Honor killing is rife in the Middle East and Asia.

olusegxz:

You don't know what you saying. Indian men are the worst because the women pay dowry to marry men. Men feel too entitled even in their marriages. Also there is mercy killing, women endure all the domestic issues in foreign land and never air their dirty linen so nobody knows, they fear repercussions back home. Google mercy killing. I know a girl who threatened to divorce the husband, he used style to take her to india for holiday and killed her. No joke. Up till now the man is still alive because they said he is mental but within their tribe they accepted it was mercy killing. No trip o. The lady was a dentist google it. Should we now talk about Arab, middle East. Forget. So no even say anyone is better than Africans. Africans are still more civil in marriages. Leave story.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Fiscus105(m): 6:33am On Nov 10, 2021
bezimo:

Even if she comes abroad she needs to re-train and re-licence to practice there which is not any easy feat. However not all 9ja girls brought abroad end up as disaster mistakes..there are a few say 15% of them who don't change and remain as the good god fearing girl that she is because her christianity has root and probably comes from a family that value marriage and good upbringing.

The thing is praying to God to help you find a woman in that 15% because without God the chances you will find a bad 9ja disaster wife is very high because most of them pretend heavily.

Although I am based in Canada..my aunty in Houston would always be warning me having seen the disaster a number of Nigerian women have become in marriages over there, she will say be careful oh, no bring anyhow girl oh..be careful..check her well oh.. because of too many stories that touch

15% ? I disagree, I am very sure those who scale through much higher than the one that crashed, but trust news ,its lower % that crashed that would come to the news and successful won't be mentioned

2 Likes

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Kiasa: 6:40am On Nov 10, 2021
Aaronsrod:

What is this one saying? The Bible tells us a husband must rule over his wife.

Ephesians 5:24. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

What does sharing the house chores have to do with ruling over another?
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Kiasa: 6:50am On Nov 10, 2021
Aaronsrod:

Read your Bible!

Women must do as their husbands command. This is why wives should not go abroad with us. They will claim 'freedom' and 'equality' under oyinbo satanic system.

We cannot maintain domestic discipline in a land without God's Law.

Yah doesn't tell men to mistreat their wives. Stop using the bible as an excuse for your barbaric behavior. Imagine thinking you have the right or even capable of disciplining a grown woman. She's your wife not your child.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Kiasa: 7:06am On Nov 10, 2021
Aaronsrod:

I have read this Bible passages.

Genesis 2:18. It states that woman is a companion, a helper, a 'helpmeet' - that is to say a servant to man. Not an equal!

A helpmate, companion do not equate to servant. Some people read the Bible (if they read it at all) with a lack of comprehension skills.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Kiasa: 7:38am On Nov 10, 2021
abbey621:
In this life everything na 50% planning 50% blessing. I no date my wife for up to 6 months before I decided to marry her. Brought her to the USA and aside from the normal arguments between couples, no wahala whatsoever, it's been over 5 years now. The greatest advice here is to ask yourself, who does the woman fear or respect? Look at her upbringing, her religious inclination, her views on life and family.

It's quite simple, any woman can mess up for any reason, it is a combination of hormones and nature, the key here is what exactly pulls her back to normalcy? Her parents? God? Love for her kids? Love for her husband? If her motivation is money, clout, fame etc, sooner or later the little love that she has for you would poof and disappear, she would find every reason to leave or destroy you from 30 seconds man to woman beater. Abroad no be 9ja where gra gra works, over here you must operate in stealth mode, never ever put all your eggs in one basket. Even tho you love your wife with all your heart, always have savings/assets set aside for the worst case scenario.....May God help us all!

No wife should ever fear her husband, love and respect him, but never be with a man that you fear.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Acidosis(m): 7:45am On Nov 10, 2021
ImaIma1:

Because you will look for them

Haba cheesy
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Incandescent(m): 7:46am On Nov 10, 2021
NEROSKY:

Baba you get sense.. Save up to $100,000 buy coin forget the login, if she ask you say dem scam u, case closed.

The day wey you die... na chinko go chop your money las las

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Kiasa: 7:52am On Nov 10, 2021
Yankee101:

You have no single idea of the abuses Asians face abroad. Especially women, but they have a culture of silence, stoicism, and being demure. If you don't want problems the mantra here is go and get an Asian wife.

Latinx are the biggest law breakers of any immigrant population in America. That's what Trump used to campaign to win elections.

So go back and recheck your facts. And Nigerians are one of the most successful group of immigrants here.

Nigerians are also failures here.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by NEROSKY(m): 8:09am On Nov 10, 2021
Amanda4life:

SORRY.

IM ALREADY THERE

Linus..
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Kiasa: 8:09am On Nov 10, 2021
Curiouscity:

When you paint this type of picture, it gives a false generalization that any man whose wife has driven him away from home is guilty of domestic violence, or cheated or refused to help in house chores. There abound many who are not in above category, but are treated worse.
True, many marriages of Nigerians are doing well in the Western world, but some greedy Nigerian women are taking advantage of the system to show the bad side. Not as a response to bad treatment, but out of greed and sheer wickedness.

A Warri guy got married to a Warri babe. They guy supported the babe to finish her PhD, while he developed a bakery business. The lady joined him in the business after her PhD. As they were expanding, the lady demanded that the guy give her the recipe, so he can share with her family back home. The guy refused. Trouble started. As I type, she has taken the bakery and ejected the guy. Bar the guy from seeing the 2 kids they have together. The guy left empty handed. But she is busy telling people that the guy left her.

I have other sad examples of sheer greed and wickedness. Not in all cases is it always the man's fault.

Are you saying when the wife comes to the west to be with her husband she start treating him like the awful way he treated her in Nigeria?
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by NEROSKY(m): 8:11am On Nov 10, 2021
KarinaLove:

Read what you posted to yourself again. You will discover it is actually meant for your gender.

How is it meant of our gender this confused fellow.. When Nigeria girls sees marriage as stress and poverty alleviation scheme. You should read again & comprehend not me.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Kiasa: 8:29am On Nov 10, 2021
madjune:
A lot is wrong with we Africans, more especially Nigerians.
It may have to do with upbringing or long running poverty.
Most of the times, our women who were rescued and brought over abroad tend to bite the hand that helped them.
There are lots of stories, unheard, which will shock any listener.
I know of an Uncle who sent his wife and kids abroad, to join them later. From Nigeria, he paid their rent in US for 10 years or more and when he eventually joined them; the woman said she was done.
She kicked him out and now, the man is picking up a new life well in his 60s.

You can't expect a married couple to be apart for 10 years and remain the same.

1 Like

Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by GREATESTPIANIST: 10:17am On Nov 10, 2021
Martinez39s:
Never take your wife abroad and settle there. The laws can be savagely and unjustly weaponized against you by a woman who has simply done her due diligence. Women can be very hideous and devilish.

I know that on this issue people (women and simps) will resort to their staple refrain that men have been abusive and brutally controlling in Africa and the women were simply and righteously standing up from themselves in a country with a working system. grin This is ever rarely the case; the picture is starkly different. No one will tell you how tyrannical, petty, abusive, controlling and cruel wives become against their husbands (innocent or not) when the gynocentric family and domestic violence laws give them all the power and afford them the latitude to indulge their whims and caprices.

I will say no more. slimjohn2k5, don't let anyone deceive you.
oinbo tii poju, kilode, kilagbe, kilaju grin
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Martinez39s(m): 11:32am On Nov 10, 2021
GREATESTPIANIST:
oinbo tii poju, kilode, kilagbe, kilaju grin
I dont speak Yoruba. Kindly translate.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by madjune(m): 2:40pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kiasa:

You can't expect a married couple to be apart for 10 years and remain the same.

That's a good point.
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by abbey621(m): 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
Kiasa:

No wife should ever fear her husband, love and respect him, but never be with a man that you fear.

You don't fear the man, you fear what he represents. You fear losing the comfort, losing the affection, you fear having a broken home. All these are valid fears when you have done something unthinkable like cheating, violence etc. Same goes for men, when they get caught cheating, they start fearing their wife's reaction, would she file for a divorce, report to parents, etc?
Re: Do You Regret Going Abroad With Your Spouse by Deejay777(m): 4:58pm On Nov 10, 2021
olusegxz:

You don't know what you saying. Indian men are the worst because the women pay dowry to marry men. Men feel too entitled even in their marriages. Also there is mercy killing, women endure all the domestic issues in foreign land and never air their dirty linen so nobody knows, they fear repercussions back home. Google mercy killing. I know a girl who threatened to divorce the husband, he used style to take her to india for holiday and killed her. No joke. Up till now the man is still alive because they said he is mental but within their tribe they accepted it was mercy killing. No trip o. The lady was a dentist google it. Should we now talk about Arab, middle East. Forget. So no even say anyone is better than Africans. Africans are still more civil in marriages. Leave story.
The correct word is "honour killing".
olusegxz:

olusegxz:

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Streetlight Pole At Pansheke In Abeokuta Ogun: A Disaster Waiting To Happen / The Oshodi Airport Road That Was Recently Commissioned In Lagos (PHOTOS) / VACATION: Mid-Air Pictures Of How Another Airplane Accompanied Our Flight.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.