Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,188 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

My Experience Changing Churches - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience Changing Churches (1285 Views)

Bishop Daniel Yisa: "The Change Buhari Brought Is Changing Criminals To Saints" / China Bans Children From Attending Churches / Churches With The Highest Number Of Universities In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience Changing Churches by anu3: 11:37am On Oct 31, 2021
I've changed churches several times over. I was born Catholic/Pentecostal (Dad/Mum). So, in my younger days I attended both at random. I attended a Catholic boarding school at some point, but had to leave because of much trouble from seniors and my dislike for too many programs.

About the end of secondary school days, I really didn't consider going to churches as exciting anymore, and I always felt bored going, except if I had friends there.

Fast forward to after secondary school, I had some major crisis in my life which almost led to death. Then I started Repenting of sins, and really started taking church seriously. I focused on a Pentecostal because I thought they were more inclined towards Hot prayers. But I only kept ignoring lots of WRONG things among the members, and unfortunately including the leaders, and even 'the MAIN founder of the popular church himself".

I saw that they were more concerned about prayers, deliverance, miracles and Money, not necessarily about overcoming sins: Holiness without which no one will see God.

Although, I had just been made one of the youth minister in the up coming campus fellowship, but I had to leave the system altogether. Later I went to a branch of a very common church nearby, but didn't stay long as well.

Then I decided to join a branch of another popular, Holiness preaching church well-known around. It seemed better, and I stayed for few years. But later I realized they too have issues with the leadership system, particularly in the area of Money and Popularity. Jesus said one cannot serve God and Mammon.

That was my last church, I had to leave because Jesus said if the leader is blind, he will lead others into the ditch (hellfire). I saw that the common problems they have in common is mainly in the areas Money and Popularity. Jesus said love not the world and the things in it.

Just read the new testament, try to compare any pastor or preacher with Jesus or men like Paul (NOT PERFECT but christlike men) especially in the areas of Money and Popularity, then you should not be deceived by spiritual gifts, miracles, bible knowledge, eloquence, prosperity, mega-churches worldwide, etc., if you truly belong to God's kingdom.

By their FRUITS you shall know them (NOT necessarily by their Gifts, Prosperity or Greatness).

Grace...

Matt.7.21 - "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, BUT ONLY he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matt.7.22 - Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform MANY MIRACLES?'

Matt.7.23 - Then I will tell them plainly, 'I NEVER KNEW YOU. Away from me, you evildoers!'
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by Ammishaddai: 11:49am On Oct 31, 2021
Sorry to say this, but you don't sound wise . So in essence , you've decided to judge all churches and render them as "incomplete" thereby neglecting the fellowship of brethren as stated in Hebrew10:25

Secondly, you've taken it upon yourself to be the judge of how people run their heavenly race forgetting that your Christian experience has absolutely nothing to do with the next persons case.

Oga do yourself a big favor and stop deceiving yourself. Just run your race and let Jesus judge who is serving . Because in the end , your salvation can't save another man and neither can his own save yours

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Changing Churches by anu3: 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
Sorry to say this, but you don't sound wise . So in essence , you've decided to judge all churches and render them as "incomplete" thereby neglecting the fellowship of brethren as stated in Hebrew10:25

Friend, I guess you didn't read the whole write-up well. You might as well read the last three paragraphs and the bible passage again, IF you want.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Changing Churches by Ammishaddai: 12:06pm On Oct 31, 2021
anu3:

Friend, I guess you didn't read the whole write-up well. You might as well read the last three paragraphs and the bible passage again, IF you want.

Thanks.
Bros , I read your shitty writeup and my post was a clear reflection of your judgmental mindset.
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by yomi007k(m): 12:08pm On Oct 31, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Bros , I read your shitty writeup and my post was a clear reflection of your judgmental mindset.

grin

You have issues.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Changing Churches by anu3: 12:08pm On Oct 31, 2021
Ammishaddai:

Oh, I see. Kindly ignore it then.

Take care.
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by Ammishaddai: 12:09pm On Oct 31, 2021
yomi007k:

grin

You have issues.
We all have issues , even your old man too .
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by Ammishaddai: 12:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
[s]
anu3:

Take care.
[/s] Stay the fvck off my mentions
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by yomi007k(m): 12:31pm On Oct 31, 2021
Ammishaddai:
We all have issues , even your old man too .

grin

But you and you old man issues is Yaba Left issues... you guys need rope.

Go and take ur medications oo
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by Ammishaddai: 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2021
yomi007k:

grin

But you and you old man issues is Yaba Left issues... you guys need rope.

Go and take ur medications oo
I recall seeing your father there . By the way, how's doing with that straitjacket... grin
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by Lostchild(m): 3:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
anu3:

Take care.

You should not be concern how people run their church business affairs. You should be more concern about your own purpose here on earth. Christianity is your personal relationship with your creator, is a personal race.

One day, everyone will stand before the judgment seat of Christ. You will not give account of others but your own life.

1. How you overcome the world with what he gave you.

2. How you love your neighbor.

I advice you to run your personal Christ race..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience Changing Churches by Ammishaddai: 3:37pm On Oct 31, 2021
Lostchild:

You should not be concern how people run their church business affairs. You should be more concern about your own purpose here on earth. Christianity is your personal relationship with your creator, is a personal race.

One day, everyone will stand before the judgment seat of Christ. You will not give account of others but your own life.

Increase the volume
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by anu3: 5:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
Lostchild:

Hello bro... Thanks for your comment. The second paragraph is true according to the bible, many of us know. However, the first paragraph is your own opinion and not completely true. I must be concerned to help my fellow brothers and sisters who are still victims of false pastors and church founders like I was. These are false men and women who are leading millions to hell through their own form of godliness rooted in Greed.

Check the new testament well: Jesus, Paul, Peter, John, and Jude warned against false prophets and false religions, and exposed them a lot. Remember how Jesus ruthlessly exposed the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes, king Herod and the Money changers in the temple.

It's better we ignore the truth and forget about eternal life if we can't take it than to try to justify ourselves to appear right.

See the following if don't mind:

(Jesus) Matt.7.15 - "Watch out for FALSE PROPHETS. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. ...

(John) 1John.4.1 - Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many FALSE PROPHETS have gone out into the world.

(Peter) 2Pet.2.1 - But there were also FALSE PROPHETS among the people, just as there will be FALSE TEACHERS among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.

2Pet.2.3 - In their GREED these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

(Jude) Jude.1.4 - For CERTAIN MEN whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

(Paul) 2Tim.4.3 - For the time will come WHEN MEN will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Matt.24.24 - For FALSE Christs and FALSE prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.

Matt.24.25 - See, I have told you ahead of time.

Grace...

1 Like

Re: My Experience Changing Churches by Lostchild(m): 1:04am On Nov 01, 2021
anu3:

Hello bro... Thanks for your comment. The second paragraph is true according to the bible, many of us know. However, the first paragraph is your own opinion and not completely true. I must be concerned to help my fellow brothers and sisters who are still victims of false pastors and church founders like I was. These are false men and women who are leading millions to hell through their own form of godliness rooted in Greed.

Check the new testament well: Jesus, Paul, Peter, John, and Jude warned against false prophets and false religions, and exposed them a lot. Remember how Jesus ruthlessly exposed the Pharisees, Sadducees, Scribes, king Herod and the Money changers in the temple.

It's better we ignore the truth and forget about eternal life if we can't take it than to try to justify ourselves to appear right.

See the following if don't mind:

(Jesus) Matt.7.15 - "Watch out for FALSE PROPHETS. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. ...

(John) 1John.4.1 - Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many FALSE PROPHETS have gone out into the world.

(Peter) 2Pet.2.1 - But there were also FALSE PROPHETS among the people, just as there will be FALSE TEACHERS among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves.

2Pet.2.3 - In their GREED these teachers will exploit you with stories they have made up. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

(Jude) Jude.1.4 - For CERTAIN MEN whose condemnation was written about long ago have secretly slipped in among you. They are godless men, who change the grace of our God into a license for immorality and deny Jesus Christ our only Sovereign and Lord.

(Paul) 2Tim.4.3 - For the time will come WHEN MEN will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.

Matt.24.24 - For FALSE Christs and FALSE prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect--if that were possible.

Matt.24.25 - See, I have told you ahead of time.

Grace...

I fully understand that, you saw some things in their church ministry that gave you great concerns.

Leave the battle for God.

Judgment and vengeance is mine, says the Lord.

Take my advice and focus on your life.
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by anu3: 3:11pm On Nov 01, 2021
Lostchild:

Take my advice and focus on your life.

Yeah, thanks, I agree with the bolded. But if I'm to obey God by loving others as myself, then I must tell them truth and warn them to beware of false pastors/prophets as the apostles did.

Please see the following and confirm that the apostles/biblical christians did the same:

2Thess.3.6 - But we COMMAND YOU, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you WITHDRAW from every brother (**may even be a pastor/prophet) who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us.

Matt.15.14 - LEAVE THEM; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit (**hellfire)."

2Tim.3.5 - Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such TURN AWAY (you may check vs 1-4).

2Cor.6.17 - "Therefore COME OUT from them and BE SEPARATE, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Experience Changing Churches by Lostchild(m): 12:45am On Nov 02, 2021
anu3:

Yeah, thanks, I agree with the bolded. But if I'm to obey God by loving others as myself, then I must tell them truth and warn them to beware of false pastors/prophets as the apostles did.

Please see the following and confirm that the apostles/biblical christians did the same:

2Thess.3.6 - But we COMMAND YOU, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you WITHDRAW from every brother (**may even be a pastor/prophet) who walks disorderly and not according to the tradition which he received from us.

Matt.15.14 - LEAVE THEM; they are blind guides. If a blind man leads a blind man, both will fall into a pit (**hellfire)."

2Tim.3.5 - Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such TURN AWAY (you may check vs 1-4).

2Cor.6.17 - "Therefore COME OUT from them and BE SEPARATE, says the Lord. Touch no unclean thing, and I will receive you."

Thanks.

Ok
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by petra1(m): 12:56am On Nov 02, 2021
anu3:
I've changed churches several times over. I was born Catholic/Pentecostal (Dad/Mum). So, in my younger days I attended both at random. I attended a Catholic boarding school at some point, but had to leave because of much trouble from seniors and my dislike for too many programs.

About the end of secondary school days, I really didn't consider going to churches as exciting anymore, and I always felt bored going, except if I had friends there.

Fast forward to after secondary school, I had some major crisis in my life which almost led to death. Then I started Repenting of sins, and really started taking church seriously. I focused on a Pentecostal because I thought they were more inclined towards Hot prayers. But I only kept ignoring lots of WRONG things among the members, and unfortunately including the leaders, and even 'the MAIN founder of the popular church himself".

I saw that they were more concerned about prayers, deliverance, miracles and Money, not necessarily about overcoming sins: Holiness without which no one will see God.

Although, I had just been made one of the youth minister in the up coming campus fellowship, but I had to leave the system altogether. Later I went to a branch of a very common church nearby, but didn't stay long as well.

Then I decided to join a branch of another popular, Holiness preaching church well-known around. It seemed better, and I stayed for few years. But later I realized they too have issues with the leadership system, particularly in the area of Money and Popularity. Jesus said one cannot serve God and Mammon.

That was my last church, I had to leave because Jesus said if the leader is blind, he will lead others into the ditch (hellfire). I saw that the common problems they have in common is mainly in the areas Money and Popularity. Jesus said love not the world and the things in it.

Just read the new testament, try to compare any pastor or preacher with Jesus or men like Paul (NOT PERFECT but christlike men) especially in the areas of Money and Popularity, then you should not be deceived by spiritual gifts, miracles, bible knowledge, eloquence, prosperity, mega-churches worldwide, etc., if you truly belong to God's kingdom.

By their FRUITS you shall know them (NOT necessarily by their Gifts, Prosperity or Greatness).

Grace...

Matt.7.21 - "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, BUT ONLY he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matt.7.22 - Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform MANY MIRACLES?'

Matt.7.23 - Then I will tell them plainly, 'I NEVER KNEW YOU. Away from me, you evildoers!'

just submit yourself. Maybe in deeper life church. since you seem more inclined towards. similar model. you cant be without a Pastor
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by Kobojunkie: 1:55am On Nov 02, 2021
anu3:
... Then I decided to join a branch of another popular, Holiness preaching church well-known around. It seemed better, and I stayed for few years. But later I realized they too have issues with the leadership system, particularly in the area of Money and Popularity. Jesus said one cannot serve God and Mammon.

Not a single one of those who submit to the doctrines and traditions of the churches of men will enter into God's Heaven. undecided

Jesus Christ, through His teachings and commandments made this Truth perfectly clear to all who will submit to follow Him, over 2000 years ago. What you discovered through your experience is the Truth as revealed from before you were even born. undecided

The ones you call pastors and Mogs - every one of them - are the very ones Jesus Christ severely warned us all to steer clear of - the very ones He declared would come to steal, kill and destroy the lives of the masses in His name. undecided

He warned them against serving two masters and informed them that only those who submit to and obey His teachings and commandments alone are those who love Him and are or Him. undecided

But how many listened to Jesus Christ when He was alive? And how many do you think really care to listen to whaf Jesus Christ has been saying all along, even now? undecided
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by Ayo081(m): 6:51am On Nov 02, 2021
petra1:

just submit yourself. Maybe in deeper life church. since you seem more inclined towards. similar model. you cant be without a Pastor

Or Living Seed/Peace House of Bro Gbile.
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:34am On Nov 02, 2021
anu3:

Grace...

This really touched my heart and to be honest with you it's encouraging when we see persons like you opening up on their feelings on the way religion is going today.
First of all i'll like you to bear in mind that you have taken the first step towards salvation by the way you feel bad regarding the way people handles pure worship in their hearts, that's the same way God's friends in ancient times do feel too! Psalms 69:9; 137:1 compare to Ezekiel 16:1-2; John 2:16-17

The truth is that the AntiChrist began reigning after it has killed all the pioneers of Christianity and it has reigned for more than 1900 years, but today God is separating the wheat from the weeds {Matthew 13:30} that's why the disgusting things of the AntiChrist is becoming more and more obvious to those who wants to see pure worship flourish!

So regarding false religions claiming Christians this is what Jesus said:

And I heard another voice out of heaven say: “Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues. For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. Repay her in the way she treated others, yes, pay her back double for the things she has done; in the cup she has mixed, mix a double portion for her. To the extent that she glorified herself and lived in shameless luxury, to that extent give her torment and mourning. For she keeps saying in her heart: ‘I sit as queen, and I am not a widow, and I will never see mourning.’ That is why in one day her plagues will come, death and mourning and famine, and she will be completely burned with fire, because Jehovah God, who judged her, is strong. Revelations 18:4-8

Since 1914 Jesus returned as a mighty spirit king and has been working with God's Active Force (Holy Spirit) to congregate people who love to see pure worship flourish in one group. This is the fulfilment of his parable of the sower found at Matthew 13:24-30

Before the year 1914 anyone can practice any religion and Jesus will overlook the falsehood in that religion since the person involved is sincere, but from 1914 till now Jesus has separated his own followers and gathered them in one single group.
So how do you IDENTIFY Jesus' own group in this endtime?

(1) People from all the earth will notice a group of worshipers who LOVE their members no matter where the person comes from! Mark 10:30 compare to John 13:34-35

(2) They will be so united that when people hear that this person is a member of that group it's as if everyone knows what all of them believes {John 17:20-23} so most people know that they all have the same line of thought! 1Corinthians 1:10

(3) Because Jesus is the one who gathered them therefore Jesus' father's work must mean so much to them {John 4:34} everyone in their neighbourhood will know them as zealous preachers and industrious teachers of the word of their God! Act 1:8

(4) Because they want to unite all people as brothers and sisters they will not participate in worldly politics which promotes all kinds of hatred within the human society so they're no part of the world's political and racial system! John 15:19; 17:14, 16; 18:36

(5) They will be hated by all peoples because they won't join in revolutionary protests, racial disputes, political affairs which causes killings even among members of the same family! Matthew 10:21-22

(6) They will form one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers globally so that everywhere they meet one another they will treat themselves like one family and nobody can convince them to raise weapons against anyone for any reason whatsoever! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

This is the one and only group practicing pure worship today but people called them cultists because they don't practice interfaith {Matthew 10:25} they only share sacred things with members of their group! Matthew 12:46-50

If you can find any group doing all these then i congratulate you because you're no more far from God's promised new world Paradise! smiley

1 Like

Re: My Experience Changing Churches by Ayo081(m): 9:25am On Nov 02, 2021
∆∆∆

If you can find any group doing all these then i congratulate you because you're no more far from God's promised new world Paradise! smiley

Much better smiley
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by anu3: 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse

This really touched my heart and to be honest with you it's encouraging when we see persons like you opening up on their feelings on the way religion is going today.
First of all i'll like you to bear in mind that you have taken the first step towards salvation by the way you feel bad regarding the way people handles pure worship in their hearts, that's the same way God's friends in ancient times do feel too! Psalms 69:9; 137:1 compare to Ezekiel 16:1-2; John 2:16-17

Before the year 1914 anyone can practice any religion and Jesus will overlook the falsehood in that religion since the person involved is sincere, but from 1914 till now Jesus has separated his own followers and gathered them in one single group.
So how do you IDENTIFY Jesus' own group in this endtime?

Ok bro... I think I get you. But for me I try to stick to the scriptures: especially the teachings of Jesus and his apostles (the new testament). As revealed in the scriptures, I don't believe in a ONE Group type of Christianity. TRUE disciples of Jesus, who obey Jesus words are scattered all over the world, just that they are very very few (they are outside and inside different groups or local churches).

The reason why I couldn't continue with those churches was mainly because of the Leaders' attitude to Money and honour of the world. Jesus said a servant will become as his master (leaders blinded by Money and Popularity will lead their followers into the same pit, and finally hellfire if not repented of). And I think there are still some good, "innocent" christians in those churches I left too (possibly), who are yet to get light on how their great Pastors and Church founders are leading them to the worship of Mammon and Honour of the world.

Hence, I can fellowship with anyone (outside or inside ANY group or church) who truly believes and obeys Jesus according to the new testament. Jesus said by their FRUITS we shall know them, not necessarily by their Groups, Bible knowledge or other gifts or things.

Thanks.
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2021
anu3:
MaxInDHouse
Ok bro... I think I get you. But for me I try to stick to the scriptures: especially the teachings of Jesus and his apostles (the new testament). As revealed in the scriptures, I don't believe in a ONE Group type of Christianity. TRUE disciples of Jesus, who obey Jesus words are scattered all over the world, just that they are very very few (they are outside and inside different groups or local churches).

The reason why I couldn't continue with those churches was mainly because of the Leaders' attitude to Money and honour of the world. Jesus said a servant will be as his master (leaders blinded by Money and Popularity will lead their followers into the same pit). And I think there are still some good, "innocent" christians in those churches I left too (possibly), who are yet to get light on how their great Pastors and Church founders are leading them to the worship of Mammon and Honour of the world.

Hence, I can fellowship with anyone (outside or inside ANY group or church) who truly believes and obeys Jesus according to the new testament. Jesus said by their FRUITS we shall know them, not necessarily by their Groups, Bible knowledge or other gifts or things.

Thanks.

Jehovah's Witnesses are his true disciples today, they are unitedly worshiping their God as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers {Micah 4:1:3} and regarding the highlighted it's false religionists claiming Christians that are SCATTERED in different sects claiming denominations yet they are contradicting themselves! Luke 11:23

All the qualities i mentioned above are present in the midst of Jehovah's Witnesses yet everyone knows that they are also imperfect people because we do see some of them commit blunders but with God's Holy Spirit in their gathering there is LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL {Galatians 5:22-23} throughout their gatherings, this is the FRUIT which Jesus said you will SEE in the gathering of his own followers {Matthew 7:16-18} to distinguish between them and false religionists claiming Christians! Matthew 7:21-23

May you have PEACE! smiley
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by anu3: 8:30pm On Nov 02, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jehovah's Witnesses are his true disciples today, they are unitedly worshiping their God as one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers {Micah 4:1:3} and regarding the highlighted it's false religionists claiming Christians that are SCATTERED in different sects claiming denominations yet they are contradicting themselves! Luke 11:23

All the qualities i mentioned above are present in the midst of Jehovah's Witnesses yet everyone knows that they are also imperfect people because we do see some of them commit blunders but with God's Holy Spirit in their gathering there is LOVE, JOY, PEACE, PATIENCE, GOODNESS, GENTLENESS, FAITH, MILDNESS and SELF-CONTROL {Galatians 5:22-23} throughout their gatherings, this is the FRUIT which Jesus said you will SEE in the gathering of his own followers {Matthew 7:16-18} to distinguish between them and false religionists claiming Christians! Matthew 7:21-23

May you have PEACE! smiley

Hmmm... Nothing much to say, or I'll have to repeat my previous post. But I wouldn't encourage you to continue to believe that your group is the only true group: it's not scriptural.

Alas, people like you and the likes of some of my former church members are very difficult to convince even with inspired scriptures of God, because your group/church founders' original teachings are more important to you. However, the best is to follow the example of the Berean christians (acts 17:11)

Please, think about this passage below with a little fresh mind, if you don't mind:

Mark.9.38 - Now John answered Him, saying, "Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us."

Mark.9.39 - But Jesus said, "DO NOT FORBID HIM, for no one who works a miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me.

Mark.9.40 - for he who is NOT AGAINST US IS ON OUR SIDE.

Anyway, thanks for your time.

Take care.
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:59pm On Nov 02, 2021
anu3:

Hmmm... Nothing much to say, or I'll have to repeat my previous post. But I wouldn't encourage you to continue to believe that your group is the only true group: it's not scriptural.
Alas, people like you and the likes of some of my former church members are very difficult to convince even with inspired scriptures of God, because your group/church founders' original teachings are more important to you. However, the best is to follow the example of the Berean christians (acts 17:11)
Please, think about this passage below with a little fresh mind, if you don't mind:
Mark.9.38 - Now John answered Him, saying, "Teacher, we saw someone who does not follow us casting out demons in Your name, and we forbade him because he does not follow us."
Mark.9.39 - But Jesus said, "DO NOT FORBID HIM, for no one who works a miracle in My name can soon afterward speak evil of Me.
Mark.9.40 - for he who is NOT AGAINST US IS ON OUR SIDE.Anyway, thanks for your time.
Take care.

I know you won't like the idea of knowing the group practicing true Christianity, yet you want to complain about what is happening in your Churches.

Well the people who became Christians in Berea studied the Bible diligently to be sure that Jesus' GROUP are the one and only group in Israel worshiping the God of Abraham the way the prophecy foretold regarding the end of Jerusalem's paganism. So i have studied the Bible diligently before coming to tell you all the signs Jesus foretold about Jehovah's Witnesses therefore if you're complaining about what is happening in your Churches but don't want to join the church that's practicing the purity Jesus foretold it's OK, at least i've told you that all the money making stuffs happening in your Churches and materialistic lifestyles of your so called pastors couple with their display of wealth can't be found in true Christianity (Jehovah's Witnesses organization)

As for Jesus' followers complaining about the disciple that's not with Jesus bodily that's easy to understand because that person believes everything Jesus taught: loving neighbours as himself, ready to pray for the good of his enemies (not cursing them), prepared to preach from house to house and door to door just as Jesus taught them and wants everyone to know that out of all the rival religious sects in Israel back then, Jesus' GROUP is the one and only group through which salvation can be possible.

The Holy Spirit has not come to establish the group because the temple worship must first be condemned before God's Holy Spirit comes to establish the church, that's why Jesus said that man is with them spiritually. But after Pentecost whoever refuse to join the Apostles and learn from them is on his or her own Jesus will not recognized such a person as his own.
That's what Jesus meant when he said to the Apostles:

"I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of the heavens, and whatever you may bind on earth will already be bound in the heavens, and whatever you may loosen on earth will already be loosened in the heavens.” Matthew 16:19

It was after Pentecost that the group received this promise so whatever they bind or loose will be granted in heaven.
I have heard you but know that if you're not one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES you and i aren't worshiping the same God! smiley
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by anu3: 6:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

I know you won't like the idea of knowing the group practicing true Christianity, yet you want to complain about what is happening in your Churches.

Well the people who became Christians in Berea studied the Bible diligently to be sure that Jesus' GROUP are the one and only group in Israel worshiping the God of Abraham the way the prophecy foretold regarding the end of Jerusalem's paganism. So i have studied the Bible diligently before coming to tell you all the signs Jesus foretold about Jehovah's Witnesses therefore if you're complaining about what is happening in your Churches but don't want to join the church that's practicing the purity Jesus foretold it's OK, at least i've told you that all the money making stuffs happening in your Churches and materialistic lifestyles of your so called pastors couple with their display of wealth can't be found in true Christianity (Jehovah's Witnesses organization)

As for Jesus' followers complaining about the disciple that's not with Jesus bodily that's easy to understand because that person believes everything Jesus taught: loving neighbours as himself, ready to pray for the good of his enemies (not cursing them), prepared to preach from house to house and door to door just as Jesus taught them and wants everyone to know that out of all the rival religious sects in Israel back then, Jesus' GROUP is the one and only group through which salvation can be possible.

The Holy Spirit has not come to establish the group because the temple worship must first be condemned before God's Holy Spirit comes to establish the church, that's why Jesus said that man is with them spiritually. But after Pentecost whoever refuse to join the Apostles and learn from them is on his or her own Jesus will not recognized such a person as his own.
That's what Jesus meant when he said to the Apostles:

"I will give you the keys of the Kingdom of the heavens, and whatever you may bind on earth will already be bound in the heavens, and whatever you may loosen on earth will already be loosened in the heavens.” Matthew 16:19

It was after Pentecost that the group received this promise so whatever they bind or loose will be granted in heaven.
I have heard you but know that if you're not one of JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES you and i aren't worshiping the same God! smiley

Ok friend... I had already thought I would not bother you anymore after my last post. Because I don't argue or try to convince or proof the truth of scriptures to people.

But something just crossed my mind, so I think it's helpful to write this before I close. First, I did not make this thread FOR ME (myself) or for a church or group. I seek to glorify Jesus. Despite my personal church experience according to this thread, I still believe in fellowship (a true local church), JUST THAT TO STAY HUNGRY IS BETTER THAN TO EAT POISON. I have been out of common organized churches now for over 6 years. As most leaders are more about greed and Popularity with the world.

The Bible says covetousness is Idolatry.

Now, back to your group. Remember I mentioned in the last post that if you continue to believe that your group is the only TRUE group is not scriptural; infact, it's a great Deception.

(I doubt if you meditated a little about the words of Jesus Himself in the verse I attached then.)

Well, NOT TO ARGUE, but I really don't believe that your group is True AT ALL in any case. Because I've come across your members years back and I realized that you people miss out in some Fundamental, extremely important doctrines of Jesus.

Just one major example: You don't believe that Jesus is God. When the Bible (not my church/group: I don't even have any for now) says God is Father, Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit (they are ONE). Hence, it's even safer for me to fellowship with a member of any of my former churches who lives in holiness and is Willing than anybody from a group like yours, because of that single doctrine that denies Jesus as God.

I know it doesn't sound nice, but please see what the Bible says:

2John.1.10 - If someone comes to your meeting and does not teach the truth about Christ, don't invite him into your house or encourage him in any way.

Just few passages; no time for many more:

John.1.1 - In the beginning was the Word (**Jesus) and the Word(**Jesus) was with God, and the Word (**Jesus) WAS GOD.

John.1.2 - The same (**Jesus) was in the beginning with God.

John.14.8 - Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and we will be satisfied."

John.14.9 - Jesus replied, "Philip, don't you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking to see him?

John.20.28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him (**to Jesus), My Lord and my God.

John.10.30 - I and my Father are one.
John.10.31 - Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. (They didn't like to hear that too)

YOU MAY ALSO SEE PHILIPPIANS CHAPTER 2, if you don't mind.

Well, I'll rather believe God not Men (great Pastors/Church/Group founders).
IT'S A CHOICE TO BELIEVE EITHER GOD'S WORDS OR MAN.

There is no group or branded church in Heaven, but those who believe and obey Jesus according to the new testament worldwide (outside or inside churches) are true members of the Kingdom. John 14:15... 15:14

Rom.3.4 -
...yea, let God be TRUE, but Every Man a Liar; as it is written, ...

Alright... Anyway, I appreciate your time taken to talk to me.

Thanks... Goodbye.
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:54pm On Nov 03, 2021
anu3:

Ok friend... I had already thought I would not bother you anymore after my last post. Because I don't argue or try to convince or proof the truth of scriptures to people.
But something just crossed my mind, so I think it's helpful to write this before I close. First, I did not make this thread FOR ME (myself) or for a church or group. I seek to glorify Jesus. Despite my personal church experience according to this thread, I still believe in fellowship (a true local church), JUST THAT TO STAY HUNGRY IS BETTER THAN TO EAT POISON. I have been out of common organized churches now for over 6 years. As most leaders are more about greed and Popularity with the world.
The Bible says covetousness is Idolatry.
Now, back to your group. Remember I mentioned in the last post that if you continue to believe that your group is the only TRUE group is not scriptural; infact, it's a great Deception. (I doubt if you meditated a little about the words of Jesus Himself in the verse I attached then.) Well, NOT TO ARGUE, but I really don't believe that your group is True AT ALL in any case. Because I've come across your members years back and I realized that you people miss out in some Fundamental, extremely important doctrines of Jesus. Just one major example: You don't believe that Jesus is God. When the Bible (not my church/group: I don't even have any for now) says God is Father, Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit (they're are ONE). Hence, it's even safer for me to fellowship with a member of any of my former churches who lives in holiness and is Willing than anybody from a group like yours, because of that single doctrine that denies Jesus as God.
I know it doesn't sound nice, but please see what the Bible says: 2John.1.10 - If someone comes to your meeting and does not teach the truth about Christ, don't invite him into your house or encourage him in any way.
Just one passage; no time for many more:
John.1.1 - In the beginning was the Word (**Jesus) and the Word(**Jesus) was with God, and the Word (**Jesus) WAS GOD.
John.1.2 - The same (**Jesus) was in the beginning with God.
John.14.8 - Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and we will be satisfied."
John.14.9 - Jesus replied, "Philip, don't you even yet know who I am, even after all the time I have been with you? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father! So why are you asking to see him?
John.20.28 - And Thomas answered and said unto him (**to Jesus), My Lord and my God.
John.10.30 - I and my Father are one.
John.10.31 - Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. (They didn't like to hear that too) Well, I'll rather believe God not Men (great Pastors/Church/Group founders).
IT'S A CHOICE TO BELIEVE EITHER GOD'S WORDS OR MAN.Rom.3.4 -
...yea, let God be TRUE, but Every Man a Liar; as it is written, ... Alright... Anyway, I appreciate your time taken to talk to me.Thanks... Goodbye.

Jesus never said he is God rather he referred to another person as the only true God {John 17:3} Moses foretold that God will raise a prophet like him later among the Israelites {Deuteronomy 18:15-18} and Peter confirmed that Jesus is the prophet that Moses was talking about {Act 3:22} God made Moses a God before Pharaoh {Exodus 7:1} so if Isaiah and John referred to Jesus as mighty God {Isaiah 9:6; John 1:1} we understand that it has happened to a prophet before him in the name of Moses!

Thomas's exclamation doesn't mean he was referring to Jesus as the Lord God he wants to worship because Jesus made it clear to them that he is returning to his father who is also our father and his God who is also our God {John 20:17} i am from the Yorùbá tribe and in most cases when we see something that's unbelievable we often exclaim "Oluwa Ọlọrun mi ò" meaning "my Lord and my God" it doesn't mean we are calling what we saw our God but out of amazement we call on God!
But all these won't solve the issue on ground i have presented the organization who got things right regarding faith and the evidence as they're able to meet up with all the prophecies spoken about God's people in the endtime.
So if you and i aren't worshiping with that group it's simple we are not worshiping the same God!
Goodbye! smiley
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by anu3: 7:01pm On Nov 03, 2021
MaxInDHouse

So if you and i aren't worshiping with that group it's simple we are not worshiping the same God!

Right friend... Unfortunately, not the same.

Goodbye! smiley

Alright. Thanks for talking to me.
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by kimco(m): 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2021
Lostchild:

I half disagree. You really should be concern about the way the church is run. Your salvation is tethered to how you helped your fellow to see the light lest their blood be asked of you. Why go to church if not to fellowship? People seem to have forgotten the need to fellowship. We don't live in a vacuum.

I believe OP must put in the work to help change the leadership to do what is right. The leadership are indeed fellows and they too must be straightened when they go wrong otherwise.....no body's salvation is their personal race. Its a network. If you disagree then I believe OP must stay home. God is not in the church.
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by kimco(m): 7:09pm On Nov 03, 2021
petra1:

And why is this? Why can he not be without a pastor? Where in the bible was this stated? Are you incapable of doing what your pastor does? Or are you not a man/woman of God too? Everyone is called (assuming the bible is true) it is up to you to put in the work and help your fellow. Help your fellow to a good life, peace of mind and salvation...not poverty, suffering and an unstable mental wellbeing all while stuffing your pockets with their money or watching others do same, sit on the fence and stare and whisper to yourself "The battle is the lord's". Do something! Help them they are humans .
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by petra1(m): 7:46pm On Nov 03, 2021
Re: My Experience Changing Churches by anu3: 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2021
kimco

And why is this? Why can he not be without a pastor? Where in the bible was this stated?

Well, thanks for your support bro... But honestly, I'll be doing more and growing more if I have a CHRISTLIKE elder (not Perfect, though) over me in a local church. I no longer believe just the One man Pastor System of common churches, but having elders of local churches as well; I may fellowship in a branch of theirs if the branch pastor is a good example of Jesus (not perfect), though.

As it says:

Heb.13.17 - Obey your spiritual leaders and do what they say. Their work is to watch over your souls, and they know they are accountable to God. Give them reason to do this joyfully and not with sorrow. That would certainly not be for your benefit.

But I can't submit to just any pastor or leader anymore. Except I know he has not been blinded by Money and Popularity as common.

petra1:

Well, thanks bro. But you can be sure I've been to most kinds of common churches around...

According to my narration here, a time came when I started looking beyond just one's Correct doctrines/Bible knowledge, holy or good external appearance, eloquence, miracles and signs, Big or Mega-churches and other GIFTS. These are what Jesus refer to as the sheep's clothing; hence, STRONG False prophets can use these things too.

But Jesus said by their FRUITS (not Gifts or appearance) we shall know them.

Therefore, before I call a person a man of God, I compare them first with Jesus and Men like Paul (not perfect people, but christlike).
And the best areas to test to be quickly sure is the areas of Money and LOVE of Honour men (Popularity).
Because Jesus said one cannot serve God and Mammon. And I check myself as a believer in these areas too.

But someone will say there are no men like that; no there are but very few and unknown. The few fairly well known I know are Zac Poonen (India), bro Gbile Akanni, late Jan boshoof (died last year), etc.

Men like Zac Poonen who could say to his congregation that if any of them finds any of his linked churches with a leader who's not christlike and unserious should be avoided at all cost, and had better find another local church that is not linked to him at all, but has a CHRISTLIKE leader. I doubt if there are many Popular Pastors in Nigeria that can say such genuinely. No, once you join there group/denomination, you must find and join their Branch anywhere you go (BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONLY TRUE CHURCH, you know): whether the branch is dead or alive: as long as your TITHES AND OFFERINGS are intact, I guess.

Men like Paul, Peter, etc., were not mainly after Money, tithes, offerings, building megachurches and Popularity; but Jesus and his Kingdom primarily: living like Jesus lived.

1John.2.6 - Those who say they live in God should live their lives as Christ did.

Lastly... Let's not forget:

Matt.7.22 - On judgment day many will tell me, 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in your name and cast out demons in your name and performed many miracles in your name.'
Matt.7.23 - But I will reply, 'I never knew you. Go away; the things you did were unauthorized. '

Grace...

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Regret Introducing My Parents To The Church Of Jesus Of Latter Day Saints. / BLASPHEMY! Johnson Suleman Has Responded, He Is Still A Muslim / Angdatingdaan.org What Do You Think About This Site?let Have A Real Debate!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 179
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.