Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,181 members, 7,864,085 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 11:24 AM

Video Editing/production Or Fashion Design, Which Should I Go For? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Video Editing/production Or Fashion Design, Which Should I Go For? (316 Views)

Content Writing Vs Graphic Design, Which Is More Lucrative. / Are You A Creative? Get 500 Million From Uba To Push Your Music, Tech Or Fashion / What Business Or Investment Can I Go Into With 1millon Naira? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Video Editing/production Or Fashion Design, Which Should I Go For? by Dropme: 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2021
Good afternoon nairalanders,

I am a 26 years old single father of one, I currently do not have a job but only few side hustles.

I have little experience in graphics design but I'm looking to grow by learning and mastering a skill. I really grew interest in vlogging(video creation and editing) though I don't have what it takes to get the training underway, but also I have a friend who a fashion designer who's ready to train me become a fashion designer.

I don't want to go for a skill I will later regret in future, whatever I learn now I want to master it and grow with it.

What does the future hold for both skills?
Which is more reliable and profitable?
Which of the skills can I easily grow with?

Thanks for your sincere inputs.
Mods kindly help move to frontpage, I need opinions

Lalasticlala
Seun
Dominique
Re: Video Editing/production Or Fashion Design, Which Should I Go For? by Stephen0mozzy: 2:57pm On Oct 31, 2021
Here's a thought: whichever one you choose make sire you're damn Good at it and also build an amazing business personality and great i terpersonal relationship.

Now my analysis:

With your past experience in Graphics Design, you can also get back into it in support of your side hustle to raise funds for what you need to get into video editing and content creation... And your target has to be Hollywoodstandard..I'm talking Premiere Pro + After Effects + Davinci Resolve + Blender/Cinema4d + other add-ons... You don't have to pay for the programs yet (getintopc.com)

Your experience in graphics design will help you in learning Video Editing and Production (I'm starting this journey too) .....so you will have to give it all your best.. You don't have to buy courses just yet... (Udemydownload.com). The future prospects are good as your targets are media houses, freelancing, music video and movie productions, ad creation with decent pay too.

Downside: There are many apps springing up today that's making every Tom Dikk and Harry being a personal video editor.. So the competition will be high later... Unless you stand out.
Re: Video Editing/production Or Fashion Design, Which Should I Go For? by Stephen0mozzy: 3:10pm On Oct 31, 2021
Fashion Design will also always be worth its weight in gold. You just have to learn more than just buba and shokoto.. Get the basics and keep learning... Learn how to make suits, customize Bags and shoes self With ankara et al.

Then learn how to sketch fashion pieces online.. You don't need to be a Leonardo Davinci to learn..... Create an online presence as you start so that when you're proficient you can leverage your audience for getting patronage
Re: Video Editing/production Or Fashion Design, Which Should I Go For? by house10s: 3:35pm On Oct 31, 2021
do both u can learn both

(1) (Reply)

6 Secrets To Success In Any Business.. (take Note Of #4) / Small Businesses In Nigeria Will Need Business Boosters In 2022 / Let Me Teach You The Method To Earn $25 In 15 Minutes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.