Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,846 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? (1015 Views)

Electrical Installation/wiring Expert (industrial And Domestic) / What Could Be Wrong With Our Prepaid Metre? / Electrical Wiring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? by yusuf0876(m): 8:08pm On Oct 31, 2021
Dear fellow electrical tech, pls i did a direct surface wiring for someone no distribution board used it's just a temporary wiring,but to my surprise,it do blow charger up after 20mins of usage,it has blown up to 7 chargers including mine i used in testing it, i have checked the voltage that's comes in it's moderate;155v,have tested if both the neutral and life are carrying current, which i affirmed that only the life has current in it with the use of tester,i used meter in reading if there's a place the life and neutral are mistakenly joined together using continuity reading,it didn't give me a sound which shows the wiring is ok,

I don't know what is really wrong, other appliances like the plasma,fan, DVD is working perfectly it's only the phone chargers after inserting it in the socket after twenty minutes it gets blown up

What can be the cause

Pls lalastica help push to front page
Re: What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? by SUPERPACK: 8:39pm On Oct 31, 2021
It is similar to what happens when a tiger generator is malfunctioning and I believe it has to be an issue with the frequency measured in ''Hz''. When it happened with our generator voltage was low but any charger you plug in gets blown up in 5 minutes, but fans have no issues.
Re: What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? by luvlyoracle(m): 8:46pm On Oct 31, 2021
yusuf0876:
Dear fellow electrical tech, pls i did a direct surface wiring for someone no distribution board used it's just a temporary wiring,but to my surprise,it do blow charger up after 20mins of usage,it has blown up to 7 chargers including mine i used in testing it, i have checked the voltage that's comes in it's moderate;155v,have tested if both the neutral and life are carrying current, which i affirmed that only the life has current in it with the use of tester,i used meter in reading if there's a place the life and neutral are mistakenly joined together using continuity reading,it didn't give me a sound which shows the wiring is ok,

I don't know what is really wrong, other appliances like the plasma,fan, DVD is working perfectly it's only the phone chargers after inserting it in the socket after twenty minutes it gets blown up

What can be the cause

Pls lalastica help push to front page
check it's frequency
Re: What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? by yusuf0876(m): 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2021
SUPERPACK:
It is similar to what happens when a tiger generator is malfunctioning and I believe it has to be an issue with the frequency measured in ''Hz''. When it happened with our generator voltage was low but any charger you plug in gets blown up in 5 minutes, but fans have no issues.
this has no issue with generator ,they have been using with generator for months no problem,it is when we connected the electrical power supply that it does that .
Re: What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? by yusuf0876(m): 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2021
luvlyoracle:
check it's frequency
frequency of the power supply?
Re: What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 01, 2021
Humans can touch 50,000v and nothing will happen.
The killer agent is the current.
What's the current running through on your tester?
Re: What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? by chemystery: 3:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
It could be that you have erroneously connected L — L on that particular outlet instead of L — N. You may need to check your connections thoroughly
Re: What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? by chemystery: 3:31pm On Nov 01, 2021
Ovaltine:
Humans can touch 50,000v and nothing will happen.
The killer agent is the current.
What's the current running through on your tester?

Lol. Not really true.
In some sense, Potential difference is what actually kills. Because at a given time, your body resistance is constant making potential difference to be proportional to the current. In other words, higher potential difference (voltage) means higher current will flow.

Current on the other hand is the quantity of charge that flows per seconds. Mathematically,

Q = I * t

Which means that more charge will flow through your body if current flows through your body for a longer time. It means that, you may be able to survive 10,000A of current flowing through your body for a fraction of nanoseconds but may not survive 10A flowing for just 1 seconds.
Re: What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Nov 02, 2021
chemystery:

you may be able to survive 10,000A of current flowing through your body for a fraction of nanoseconds but may not survive 10A flowing for just 1 seconds.

In the spirit of learning and sharing ideas, I may beg to differ.

"but at extremely low current and for an extremely short duration: Harmless."

Read more: https://www.metroid.net.au/engineering/knowledge_center/fatal-electric-shock-what-voltage-causes-death
Re: What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? by chemystery: 9:23am On Nov 03, 2021
Ovaltine:

In the spirit of learning and sharing ideas, I may beg to differ.

"but at extremely low current and for an extremely short duration: Harmless."

Read more: https://www.metroid.net.au/engineering/knowledge_center/fatal-electric-shock-what-voltage-causes-death
It's a good thing you didn't take me for my words but had to go do your own findings. But the article you have shared didn't contradict a single thing I've written previously. Don't be confused by the different figures used. Try to understand the philosophy behind those explanations.

1 Like

Re: What Can Be Wrong With This Wiring?? by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 18, 2021
chemystery:

It's a good thing you didn't take me for my words but had to go do your own findings. But the article you have shared didn't contradict a single thing I've written previously. Don't be confused by the different figures used. Try to understand the philosophy behind those explanations.

https://youtube.com/shorts/8Wx6-ysokJU?feature=share

I came across this. Both our ideas of it are valid.

(1) (Reply)

World’s Top 10 Countries With Slowinternet Connection / FBI Offers $3million Reward For Notorious Hacker / Tech: This Bicycle Uses No Chains And Can Also Fold Itself (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.