Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,157 members, 7,829,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed (35176 Views)

Mirabel Obi: My Father Lost Contracts Due To Twerking Video- UNN Medical Student / Mirabel Obi: Gustavo Cubana To Send Money To UNN Student Twerker For Expulsion / Obi Mirabel: UNN Student To Be Expelled For Twerking In Bikini In A Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:21am On Nov 01, 2021
Very ugly thing

2 Likes

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by peacettw: 9:21am On Nov 01, 2021
Minjim:

She's a go getter. That's what I see in her.
All she need is learn how to prioritize

I think she needs to carefully choose her extracurricular activities given the profession she is in or least aspiring to be.

I will be very surprised if she graduates from medical school without any hitches.

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:22am On Nov 01, 2021
bot101:

Let me ask you, is dancing a crime?
Dancing is not a crime. But what you wear to dance in public defines the nature of your crime

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by Gate050: 9:22am On Nov 01, 2021
prumetrics:
UNN medical student that was reportedly expelled for twerking,  known as Mirabel Obi has spoken out as she shares real video of the twerking that landed her in trouble...sleekgist.com

She wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CVq-5APoTEv/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=3e9ece25-cf62-4a1c-bf3b-8b3a7befc9b7&ig_mid=EAD80597-034A-4B92-8EA9-7952EE6760E6
The punishment that should be meted on you should beyond your imagination. You should be expelled from that school and no school give you any admission stupid idiot
Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by bot101(m): 9:23am On Nov 01, 2021
TOPCRUISE:

Dancing is not a crime. But what you wear to dance in public defines the nature of your crime

Do you not see how St*pid you sound?
Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by OminickConcept: 9:24am On Nov 01, 2021
membranus:

Who knows whether you are fabricating a story that no one can validate.

Give us the full name of the girl in your story, and let's google it to confirm your tale.

If can doubt if you like, I owe you no explanation or confirmation.
Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 01, 2021
othermen:
I think the gestapo approach of the dean was excessive, unwarranted, unwise and trespassing and that is the story for me.

Also, it is a case of harassment as alleged by the student, and the university staff disciplinary committee ought to look into the conduct of the Dean.

Even if the lady had flouted a school rule by her conduct, the appropriate thing to have done is to invite her to the student disciplinary committee.

Going to her room in the mid-night, with no respect for the privacy or the dignity of those girls … just to arrogate power is unwholesome and improper.

Even a strip tease performer has right to dignity of person. After stripping before you, if she goes to the bathroom to have her bathe, and you sneak behind her, to watch her bathe, without her knowledge, you become a pervert, guilty of a sexual misbehaviour. It is never a justification to disregard her privacy by disreputing her private space just because of the manner she may have handled herself.

It was no urgency, the dean’s conduct. In the morning, a letter could have been forwarded to her, demanding she make herself available at the Dean’s office, but rather than do that, the dean invaded a private space, put the lady in an unnecessary disarray and put her life in needless peril that night.

Till now, there has been no reasonable charges on her by the committee charged with overseeing students conduct and it is only probably because they are reasonable and sensitive and are not charged by sensationalism.

That said, the sanctimoniousness here is appalling. Aside for financial reasons, one can be financially buoyant and still be passionate about dancing, some are just wired to compete and win, and would do what need be done to win. #30,000 for less than 10 minutes dance can be much money, there are fortunate graduates earning less than that in a month and unemployed graduate praying to earn that amount in this failing and backward Buhari administration. All she did was dance, it does not have to align or appeal to your own moral uprightness and you are almost likely to be an hypocrite because I am sure you probably also consume even worse sexual images.

It's a 10 minutes dance. You know her name now, no one knows yours. She is probably coming from the library when she stumbled across them and decided to participate. It does not reflect well on you, to have to slut-shame her. You can indicate or express your opposition to her conduct, but channelling your intense revulsion here, and making it seem, she is the reason for all of your misfortune or that she is the epitome of your society moral decadence is a disgusting attempt. Her disregard for your own ideology of patriarchal lines or disregard for what may be a socially acceptable conduct may even indicate she is a feminist or an artist at heart, strong and bold enough to radically follow her passion.

I wish Mirabel a good and exciting life and I hope she doesn't let the trolls here get into her mental space or make her psychologically ill, admitting she has thought about committing suicide not because she is ashamed of her conduct but because of the aspersions and reviling she has received, and yet many are willing to continuously fuel that aspersion and reviling, tormenting her mental health, demeaning her individuality... makes me want to hug her and tell her she has done nothing wrong, in trying to meaningfully earn a living and that I stand with her.

I hope she goes on to get her education, from MLS to MBBS or Phd and still do what she is passionate about in dancing or whatever else.

Omo get out.. You dey mad
Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by tollyboy5(m): 9:24am On Nov 01, 2021
Solidkay:
SMH
The society now frowns at upright people and celebrate stupid people,
Imagine some people condemning the decision of the school authority to expel this fish brain olosho.
not twerking is upright?
what has she done wrong?
Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 01, 2021
NOETHNICITY:
Very ugly thing
Deeply Ugly.
She's possessed.
A disgrace to womanhood and she will end up ridiculing the entire medical profession.

IF I was in Charge of the school, I will closely watch her advance to higher classes before ensuring she's evicted from the medical school in a disgraceful manner.

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by samistry(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2021
After this epistle please encourage your sisters and daughters to do the same thing for the whole world to see
othermen:
I think the gestapo approach of the dean was excessive, unwarranted, unwise and trespassing and that is the story for me.

Also, it is a case of harassment as alleged by the student, and the university staff disciplinary committee ought to look into the conduct of the Dean.

Even if the lady had flouted a school rule by her conduct, the appropriate thing to have done is to invite her to the student disciplinary committee.

Going to her room in the mid-night, with no respect for the privacy or the dignity of those girls … just to arrogate power is unwholesome and improper.

Even a strip tease performer has right to dignity of person. After stripping before you, if she goes to the bathroom to have her bathe, and you sneak behind her, to watch her bathe, without her knowledge, you become a pervert, guilty of a sexual misbehaviour. It is never a justification to disregard her privacy by disreputing her private space just because of the manner she may have handled herself.

It was no urgency, the dean’s conduct. In the morning, a letter could have been forwarded to her, demanding she make herself available at the Dean’s office, but rather than do that, the dean invaded a private space, put the lady in an unnecessary disarray and put her life in needless peril that night.

Till now, there has been no reasonable charges on her by the committee charged with overseeing students conduct and it is only probably because they are reasonable and sensitive and are not charged by sensationalism.

That said, the sanctimoniousness here is appalling. Aside for financial reasons, one can be financially buoyant and still be passionate about dancing, some are just wired to compete and win, and would do what need be done to win. #30,000 for less than 10 minutes dance can be much money, there are fortunate graduates earning less than that in a month and unemployed graduate praying to earn that amount in this failing and backward Buhari administration. All she did was dance, it does not have to align or appeal to your own moral uprightness and you are almost likely to be an hypocrite because I am sure you probably also consume even worse sexual images.

It's a 10 minutes dance. You know her name now, no one knows yours. She is probably coming from the library when she stumbled across them and decided to participate. It does not reflect well on you, to have to slut-shame her. You can indicate or express your opposition to her conduct, but channelling your intense revulsion here, and making it seem, she is the reason for all of your misfortune or that she is the epitome of your society moral decadence is a disgusting attempt. Her disregard for your own ideology of patriarchal lines or disregard for what may be a socially acceptable conduct may even indicate she is a feminist or an artist at heart, strong and bold enough to radically follow her passion.

I wish Mirabel a good and exciting life and I hope she doesn't let the trolls here get into her mental space or make her psychologically ill, admitting she has thought about committing suicide not because she is ashamed of her conduct but because of the aspersions and reviling she has received, and yet many are willing to continuously fuel that aspersion and reviling, tormenting her mental health, demeaning her individuality... makes me want to hug her and tell her she has done nothing wrong, in trying to meaningfully earn a living and that I stand with her.

I hope she goes on to get her education, from MLS to MBBS or Phd and still do what she is passionate about in dancing or whatever else.
Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by Smile4mee01: 9:25am On Nov 01, 2021
Sometimes I want to ask women.

Would you rather be intelligent like Okonjo Iweala or beautiful like Kim kardashian.

It appears the later is the easy way.

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by bot101(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2021
SRAROFDAVID:
did I hear her saying invading her privacy, which privacy is more private than the one you exposed in public. Women and their fish brain

What she chooses to be private or not is her right, not that of the public. You people are cursed to be loud-mouthed illiterates.
Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by iamme1234(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2021
VickyELEFAN:
She is not naked now. Here in AAU EKPOMA we do more than that and nothing happens.

Dem no born anybody well make Dem talk

Ekpoma na school of cultist
Even if I be vp in ur school
I no go talk even if u twerk
Cos if I talk,your BF fit be aiye
And as a vp I no go talk
I know say u get mind well
But abeg shey u fit help us confront DSss
Killing resident in anambra

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by rollywise(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2021
Nigerians and their low thinking. You expel e student for twerking. You don't care about her intellect that got her the admission in the first place, you focused on something she did out of youthfulness. These quick to judge lecturers are the ones chasing after small girls in school o. This nonsense won't happen abroad. I detest this country and their backward thinking.

3 Likes

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by micflo28(m): 9:25am On Nov 01, 2021
Wait!!! UNN medical student? Is it doctor for animals or humans? Ewo ooo… what kind of a doctor will this one turn out to be. The one that will be twerking in the ER?
Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by Johnsolajayone: 9:26am On Nov 01, 2021
othermen:

For this small thing na him u sit-down write story book....na wa o

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by tollyboy5(m): 9:26am On Nov 01, 2021
TOPCRUISE:

Lol you sound confused. She commit no offence. Africans and hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by bot101(m): 9:27am On Nov 01, 2021
micflo28:
Wait!!! UNN medical student? Is it doctor for animals or humans? Ewo ooo… what kind of a doctor will this one turn out to be. The one that will be twerking in the ER?

Your ability or not to dance determines whether or not you will be a good doctor?? Dull sounding nincompo*ps

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by iamme1234(m): 9:27am On Nov 01, 2021
micflo28:

Twerking when doing C sessions
Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by SRAROFDAVID: 9:28am On Nov 01, 2021
bot101:

What she chooses to be private or not is her right, not that of the public. You people are cursed to be loud-mouthed illiterates.
olodo, devil incarnates everywhere, just listen to yourself ashawo, you lots will soon die in a woman's bombom
Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by Nobody: 9:28am On Nov 01, 2021
rollywise:
Nigerians and their low thinking. You expel e student for twerking. You don't care about her intellect that got her the admission in the first place, you focused on something she did out of youthfulness. These quick to judge lecturers are the ones chasing after small girls in school o. This nonsense won't happen abroad. I detest this country and their backward thinking.
STOP saying such nonsense and making excuses for defamation of personality.
I reside abroad.
I'm also in the medical field.
A STRIPPER does her job at the club and ends it there. U dare not carry such to the school environment or work environment.
I used to think ABROAD allows such until I migrated.
You can encourage your DAUGHTERS, period.
Again, NIGERIA is Nigeria and not the West.
Get that into your skull.
What part of ABROAD do you reside.
Let's visit each other.
U Guys Lie a lot.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by tollyboy5(m): 9:28am On Nov 01, 2021
marsup:
You have no shame, trying to defend this act of waywardness. I would have asked if you had parents, but that will be pointless...... Parents of these days, support all forms of immorality.
Hypocrites, as your home training brought you to lime light ?

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by AfroKnight: 9:29am On Nov 01, 2021
This one is not remorseful at all. cheesy
Baby girl don’t let them stress you. grin

Small yansh dey shake o
Oya
Suffocate them with your bum bum
Suffocate them with your bum bum

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by Zimmermann(m): 9:29am On Nov 01, 2021
IMAGINE THE IMPUDENCE AND INSOLENCE IN HER TONE!?

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by Neddstark: 9:30am On Nov 01, 2021
This one is probably raised by a single mother.

3 Likes

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by Mom007(f): 9:30am On Nov 01, 2021
Koni shé irú è mo. grin
Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 9:35am On Nov 01, 2021
othermen:

The only reasonable comment here.

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by bot101(m): 9:37am On Nov 01, 2021
SRAROFDAVID:
olodo, devil incarnates everywhere, just listen to yourself ashawo, you lots will soon die in a woman's bombom

If you have never of your own accord, watched pornographic content, or slept with a woman/man that is not your wife/husband, all of which are significantly more "sinful" than dancing, I apologise, otherwise, that hypocrisy of yours from this day henceforth, is your death.
Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by nbisi: 9:37am On Nov 01, 2021
Girl u have not done anything wrong dear. Ur twerking was done in girls hostel ,so why crucifying u.During my undergraduate days a guy bath walked nake to one of d girl's hall,he wasn't expel but rather caution n make to b reporting every morning to d dean's office.

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by Fawwaz2163: 9:38am On Nov 01, 2021
Shey Dr. Sid, no be Medicine him been study?

1 Like

Re: Mirabel Obi: I Was Not Expelled For Twerking – UNN Medical Student Harassed by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 01, 2021
Sue the school

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Covenant University Students Exhibit Surveillance Robot Named “spybot”(photos) / UNIBEN Shuttle Bus Used As Cargo-Bus (Pictured) / Reopening Of Schools: NUT, NMA Kick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.