Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,515 members, 7,830,530 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1064324 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 10:45am On Mar 11, 2022
TWoods:

If identity politics is ruining western society then why are the most popular threads here those seeking exodus to those same societies? Nigeria’s quota system is about the boldest official acknowledgment of identity politics as I’ve ever seen.
I told somebody that ethnicity and racism are the same to me. Nigeria practices ethnicity openly at even the most elite organizations. Lagos is the only state where there seems to be a little bit (a little bit) of tolerance particularly among the upper middle class. That's why a hausa man can go and secure an employment in an organization there. A jim ovia can own a bank in lagos. A allen onyema can own an airline in lagos. A dangote/rabiu can own a cement congloromate in lagos. My cousin from rivers state is a civil servant working with the lagos state government. The statement government cabinet is composed of indigenes of other states. An igbo man won local govt chair in festac... When you go to other states the resistance is more pronounced.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 10:50am On Mar 11, 2022
BurnaBurna:
Yea, so passports are getting stuck at IRCC office Accra. Mine has been sitting in IRCC/Accra for 2 weeks now, others are sitting there for five weeks now. I hope they wont keep it for months like they did during pandemic time. I'm already regretting sending to Accra sef.

There are two sides to this. Many say the passports are stuck at VFS lagos before being shipped to accra. Another side says it is stuck at IRCC accra

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by BurnaBurna: 10:54am On Mar 11, 2022
WHAT

When did you get this mail ?
1cor2v9:

It's not funny again sef. After no update for 3 weeks. They sent me a mail that they didn't see my passport photograph.
New PPR should just send to other VO like London or Cairo whether you are in a hurry to travel or not. Accra VO is stress.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by ayo4eva: 10:55am On Mar 11, 2022
Thegirl2019:
Sent passport through DHL on the 4th feb
Got to vfs abuja on the 7th feb
Vfs Accra ...two weeks ago...into our fifth week no update

It takes 6 to 8 weeks if you are using VFS Lagos not sure of how long it takes for VFS Abuja. For VFS Lagos it takes 2 weeks to get to VFS Accra then Accra sends to IRCC Office then another 2 or 3 weeks with IRCC before stamping then 2 to 3 weeks to get the passport delivered to you.

If anyone cannot wait for 6 to 8 weeks, just send directly to Accra which is about 4 weeks or other VFS offices (London or Cairo).

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gquest: 11:40am On Mar 11, 2022
Huh That's not fair. What solution did they propose?

1cor2v9:

It's not funny again sef. After no update for 3 weeks. They sent me a mail that they didn't see my passport photograph.
New PPR should just send to other VO like London or Cairo whether you are in a hurry to travel or not. Accra VO is stress.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 12:17pm On Mar 11, 2022
BurnaBurna:
WHAT

When did you get this mail ?

I got it on Wed morning.

Gquest:
Huh That's not fair. What solution did they propose?

They asked me to send passport photograph again, either through vfs lagos or directly to their Visa office.
I don't have energy to go through vfs lagos( they will use 2weeks to transmit to Ghana) so I opted to send directly to the Visa office.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 12:23pm On Mar 11, 2022
1cor2v9:

I got it on Wed morning.

They asked me to send passport photograph again, either through vfs lagos or directly to their Visa office.
I don't have energy to go through vfs lagos( they will use 2weeks to transmit to Ghana) so I opted to send directly to the Visa office.

I believe it was VFS accra that requested for your passport picture as I don't think IRCC will accept an application without a passport photo

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by 1cor2v9: 1:50pm On Mar 11, 2022
tshtsh:

I believe it was VFS accra that requested for your passport picture as I don't think IRCC will accept an application without a passport photo

I don't know, see below address, maybe it's that of vfs ghana

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Evaqueen(f): 3:21pm On Mar 11, 2022
Free workshop

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by BurnaBurna: 3:25pm On Mar 11, 2022
That's the embassy.
Just send to embassy direct.
1cor2v9:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Yhamo: 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2022
Good day all,
Firstly got request for re-medical , then two days later, got an ADR for PCC, Schedule A and payment of RPRF.
My issue is regarding the Schedule A? Why will the VO be asking for it when you have filled it initially during eAPr?
What could the VO be possibly thinking and why do VOs generally request for Schedule A during the final stage of one's application?
I still have the screenshot of what I filled in during the application though, but just curious why the VO might request for it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2022
tshtsh:

I told somebody that ethnic discrimination and racism are the same to me. Nigeria practices ethnicity openly at even the most elite organizations. Lagos is the only state where there seems to be a little bit (a little bit) of tolerance particularly among the upper middle class. That's why a hausa man can go and secure an employment in an organization there. A jim ovia can own a bank in lagos. A allen onyema can own an airline in lagos. A dangote/rabiu can own a cement congloromate in lagos. My cousin from rivers state is a civil servant working with the lagos state government. The statement government cabinet is composed of indigenes of other states. An igbo man won local govt chair in festac... When you go to other states the resistance is more pronounced.
I fixed that for you cos nothing wrong with ethnicity
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dimple10: 3:48pm On Mar 11, 2022
Yhamo:
Good day all,
Firstly got request for re-medical , then two days later, got an ADR for PCC, Schedule A and payment of RPRF.
My issue is regarding the Schedule A? Why will the VO be asking for it when you have filled it initially during eAPr?
What could the VO be possibly thinking and why do VOs generally request for Schedule A during the final stage of one's application?
I still have the screenshot of what I filled in during the application though, but just curious why the VO might request for it.

Alot may have changed since you submitted eg change of address, work, school, children, marriage, divorce, death...etc just refill, update where necessary and submit again. no cause for alarm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by wickedbandit007: 5:35pm On Mar 11, 2022
How long does IOM take to send results to IRCC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Chrisdada16(f): 6:32pm On Mar 11, 2022
MrPein:

Feb 18th - Passport arrived Lagos Vfs
March 9th - Passport arrived Accra Vfs
March 9th - Passport enroute to Accra IRCC

I have the same profile as urs
Feb 18 arrived Abuja vfs, they sent the tracking ID
March 9 passport arrived Accra VFS
March 9 enroute to Accra ircc

It should get there by next week
Then it will spend two weeks there for stamping
Afterwhich it would be returned back to VFS Accra then VFS abuja the courier pickup..
So we have about 4weeks to go

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Chrisdada16(f): 6:33pm On Mar 11, 2022
REDBULL1:

Did VFS Lagos tell you when the passport was dispatched from their office?

I gave mine to DHL on 8th march and on 10th got a mail saying package is enroute to IRCC office and a tracking number given to me.

Not ircc but to VFS Accra first which would take 2weeks before it gets there.. expect a mail in 2 weeks time if u use Lagos, if it's Abuja 3weeks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 7:25pm On Mar 11, 2022
Chrisdada16:

I have the same profile as urs
Feb 18 arrived Abuja vfs, they sent the tracking ID
March 9 passport arrived Accra VFS
March 9 enroute to Accra ircc

It should get there by next week
Then it will spend two weeks there for stamping
Afterwhich it would be returned back to VFS Accra then VFS abuja the courier pickup..
So we have about 4weeks to go

Yeah. So likely first or second week of April
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gquest: 7:37pm On Mar 11, 2022
Did you get any update this morning?

Passport was delivered to IRCC Accra this morning.

MrPein:

Yeah. So likely first or second week of April
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Gquest: 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2022
Yeah just send directly to avoid any further delay. I feel for you...unplanned expenses

1cor2v9:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Andyosifo(m): 7:44pm On Mar 11, 2022
3 to 5 working days

wickedbandit007:
How long does IOM take to send results to IRCC?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Davidokuul: 7:59pm On Mar 11, 2022
Congratulations. grin grin grin
55emem55:
Hey Everyone,

I got my PPR last week.

It’s been a rollercoaster of excitement.

So FINALLY, I’m a Permanent Resident of the great country of Canada.

Indeed, it is marvelous in the sight of God.

Timeline:
ECA 2018
IELTS 2019
ITA DEC 2020 (Last draw for the year)
AOR, JAN 28th 2021 FSW
Biometrics Feb 12 2021

LONGGGG SILENCE

Fast forward to 2022
ADR and Remed request 22nd Feb 2022
Went for remedicals 24th Feb at IOM Lagos
Submitted remedicals form and other ADRs on the 25th Feb
Remedicals passed 1st of March
PPR 3rd of March
VO RROC

IT HAS FINALLY ENDED IN PRAISE!

I am in awe!
Still feels surreal, but so happy that this hurdle is passed and I can finally say GOD DID IT!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by MrPein: 8:35pm On Mar 11, 2022
Gquest:
Did you get any update this morning?

Passport was delivered to IRCC Accra this morning.

No. Didn't get any update today. Maybe on Monday.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Omobolarin: 11:04pm On Mar 11, 2022
God is good.

I just got RFV mail.

Thank you all for resources provided Freely on Nairaland, Canadavisa and whatsapp groups.

Aor : Oct 26 2019
MEP : Nov 14 2019
No update
GU : Jan 27 2022
Remedical request : Jan 28 2022
ADR (Schedule A, PCC, POF) request : Jan 31 2022
Remedical passed : Feb 8 2022
ADR ( Schedule A and POF) submitted : Feb 28 2022
Wrote LOE to explain delay in obtaining german PCC.
The first 2 ADRs submitted were acknowledged via 2 seperate noreply email + GU.

ADR (PCC) submitted : Mar 4 2022
ADR also acknowledged via email on Mar 7 2022 + GU.
Another GU, BGC changed to we are processing your background check : Mar 8 2022

PPR mail: Mar 11 2022

VO : Ottawa
COR: Germany

Omobolarin:
Hi Guys,
On Jan 31, I received ADR for;
*Pof
*Schedule A
*Pcc of Germany
I've got the necessary document for the updated POF and filled schedule A ready since 4th of February. However, I haven't uploaded any of the docs because I'm still looking forward to the PCC from Germany.
The deadline to upload these documents is 5 days from now. How do I go about this, incase I don't get the pcc by the end of this week and given that response to web forms could take upto 3 weeks.

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Davidokuul: 3:34am On Mar 12, 2022
Congratulations grin grin grin grin
Omobolarin:
God is good.

I just got RFV mail.

Thank you all for resources provided Freely on Nairaland, Canadavisa and whatsapp groups.

No update

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Mstomie: 5:33am On Mar 12, 2022
not true, I’m actually in the same boat but my own mail came in yesterday (Friday). The mail came directly from Accra Hugh commission.

Called vfs Ghana and they told me to send the passport photograph directly to the high commission since they were the ones who requested for it.

Sent it yesterday evening.
tshtsh:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 8:47am On Mar 12, 2022
Mstomie:
not true, I’m actually in the same boat but my own mail came in yesterday (Friday). The mail came directly from Accra Hugh commission.

Called vfs Ghana and they told me to send the passport photograph directly to the high commission since they were the ones who requested for it.

Sent it yesterday evening.
Oh okay. That’s careless of VFS to mixing up and misplacing applicant documents

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Lotusgoddess(f): 5:19pm On Mar 12, 2022
ayo4eva:

It takes 6 to 8 weeks if you are using VFS Lagos not sure of how long it takes for VFS Abuja. For VFS Lagos it takes 2 weeks to get to VFS Accra then Accra sends to IRCC Office then another 2 or 3 weeks with IRCC before stamping then 2 to 3 weeks to get the passport delivered to you.

If anyone cannot wait for 6 to 8 weeks, just send directly to Accra which is about 4 weeks or other VFS offices (London or Cairo).

How much is it to send directly to London or Cairo please?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by prex29: 6:37pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hello All,

Please do I need to take passport pictures for my medicals at IOM? I see the forms has a place to affix a passport pic.

Any assistance will be appreciated, thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mikeayus(m): 7:50pm On Mar 12, 2022
Evaqueen:
Free workshop

how do i join the workshop? no link

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by profneyo(m): 8:20pm On Mar 12, 2022
prex29:
Hello All,

Please do I need to take passport pictures for my medicals at IOM? I see the forms has a place to affix a passport pic.

Any assistance will be appreciated, thanks.

No. Your picture will be taken at IOM

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Trice2: 8:42pm On Mar 12, 2022
Good evening all!.

I got 2 request letters. They came in together. One opened and it was pcc and updated passport. The other was showing error. There are three placeholders, one without a description while the remaining two are for pcc and updated passport.

I am confused as to why the placeholder without a description and even a deadline as compared to the other placeholders.... someone said he had same experience but finally downloaded and it was pof. Although the pof was not acknowledged as recieved like others after he sent it like it was not necessary so he thought.

I can't say mine is pof because even now I haven't succeeded in downloading it. Have used several browsers and systems. Nothing. I need your advice on this please. Thanks in advance

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Allegory(f): 8:59pm On Mar 12, 2022
Omobolarin:
God is good.

I just got RFV mail.

No update

Congrats, kudos on not chopping your POF since 2019. Success in CA

I keep wondering what later happened to those who got Updated PoF ADR after the money had been removed and recently replaced

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) ... (635) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.