Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,076 members, 7,811,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (501) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1043268 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (629) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adedolapo2021: 8:39am On Jul 14, 2023
Qwertyuser:

I noticed that about them too. Seems Abuja vfs is proud

They texted me around 1am this morning that my passport is ready for pickup — 8 weeks after submission. We thank God.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by mhizsimi(f): 10:03am On Jul 14, 2023
Emmaus12:
u dont need ur immunization cards expect your covid vaccine cards, even ur kids dont need to shw their cards.

for meds just be upfront, cos your blood work, urine or xray go show anything, i clearly stated i was on meds but i hadnt take them in 2 days cos i forgot them and i was stressed with my hellish trip to get to abuja

Is the covid vaccine card compulsory?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Emmaus12: 10:18am On Jul 14, 2023
Well, it's the only proof of vaccination. They mandated to sight it.

mhizsimi:

Is the covid vaccine card compulsory?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by XtraordinaryGen: 10:20am On Jul 14, 2023
tshtsh:

Yep. There is also the emotional side to it hence I'm usually on the fence when I get approached by people. I received ITA in nov 2020 and had the equivalent of CAD18,000 to provision for fluctuation in exchange rate and cutoff was 478 as at then.
Today its a lot different (a lot more money and higher scores). One may come across as trying to discourage others when it indeed worked out for me. Hence I encourage everyone that asks me to try express entry/PNP. Before I came to Canada the impression I had was that transition from study to PR was easy and smooth. But after meeting some students here the story is different.

Hmmmm🤦
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by PheezyLee(m): 10:26am On Jul 14, 2023
Adedolapo2021:

They texted me around 1am this morning that my passport is ready for pickup — 8 weeks after submission. We thank God.

Congratulations smiley
Please what are the required documents you're to go with if you're to pick up in person? and do you have to schedule an appointment prior to going?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by So10: 10:33am On Jul 14, 2023
Emmaus12:
Thank you. Men the trip abuja was wahala, flight was cancelled went by road to Owerri to fly, got in late, slept late, left early morning to the hospital

Also flying in for my medicals in Abuja in two weeks, can I private chat you please
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Blessed4sure: 12:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
Please, I have the following question regarding the Skilled Worker's Program:

If a principal applicant gets admitted into Canada, can the dependent stay and work in Canada where the principal is in another country.

I'm asking for someone who is in Nigeria but his wife is studying in the USA until year 2026, and they intend to use the wife's profile for the application as she stands a better chance.

Can the lady go back to the USA while the man stays and looks for a job in Canada?

They are asking about the possibility to know if the process is worth the stress.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qwertyuser: 12:30pm On Jul 14, 2023
Adedolapo2021:

Congratulations ooo…let me wait patiently for 6 more weeks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by deyplay: 1:04pm On Jul 14, 2023
2022Frustrated:
I'm also interested in knowing. It will help me and my spouse make an informed decision. In my own case, I am just about to get married. I was applying alone and I was on 482 until my points dropped to 474 due to age. I convinced my fiancée to write IELTS and evaluate her higher degree and we now both stand on 499 with her as the PA.
However, she just picked up a very wonderful appointment here in Nigeria. Too good to consider letting go. Meanwhile, I am a mid-senior level public servant with a not-so-impressive salary and I am currently pursuing my PhD. I want to go and hustle in Canada for few years while she maintains her job in Nigeria.
very dicey situation. I can't advice she leaves her lucrative job immediately, because you don't immediately start making money massively upon arriving in Canada. Also, it's better you come alone, though the relationship may not remain the same again. But if the love is strong enough that can withstand temptations and distance barriers, come then do spousal visa for her later.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 1:37pm On Jul 14, 2023
2022Frustrated:
I'm also interested in knowing. It will help me and my spouse make an informed decision. In my own case, I am just about to get married. I was applying alone and I was on 482 until my points dropped to 474 due to age. I convinced my fiancée to write IELTS and evaluate her higher degree and we now both stand on 499 with her as the PA.
However, she just picked up a very wonderful appointment here in Nigeria. Too good to consider letting go. Meanwhile, I am a mid-senior level public servant with a not-so-impressive salary and I am currently pursuing my PhD. I want to go and hustle in Canada for few years while she maintains her job in Nigeria.
... Proceed with your plans ...once you get or she gets ITA...do soft landing....After that she can come back to 9ja while you continue hustling in Canada...Lest I forget how did you arrive at the score of 499

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Zeewirld: 1:38pm On Jul 14, 2023
deyplay:
very dicey situation. I can't advice she leaves her lucrative job immediately, because you don't immediately start making money massively upon arriving in Canada. Also, it's better you come alone, though the relationship may not remain the same again. But if the love is strong enough that can withstand temptations and distance barriers, come then do spousal visa for her later.
...What is dicey Please be informed before you dish out wrong information o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 2:06pm On Jul 14, 2023
Blessed4sure:
Please, I have the following question regarding the Skilled Worker's Program:

If a principal applicant gets admitted into Canada, can the dependent stay and work in Canada where the principal is in another country.

I'm asking for someone who is in Nigeria but his wife is studying in the USA until year 2026, and they intend to use the wife's profile for the application as she stands a better chance.

Can the lady go back to the USA while the man stays and looks for a job in Canada?

They are asking about the possibility to know if the process is worth the stress.
It is something many people do as mentioned by @zeewirld, doing a soft landing means you and your spouse will honor the PR approval, land in Canada, complete your documentation before she returns to Nigeria. However she needs to maintain the equivalent of two years out of five years minimum to be able to renew her PR status.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 2:33pm On Jul 14, 2023
2022Frustrated:
Thanks for the additional insight Prof. Please, if I may further enquire, if she is unable to meet up with the 2 out of 5 years to renew her PR status, will that in any way affect the PR of her spouse who would most likely satisfy this requirement, putting into consideration that she was the principal applicant? Thanks again
No it will not affect the status of the spouse as your profiles get separated the day each of you land.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by deyplay: 2:51pm On Jul 14, 2023
2022Frustrated:
I think you missed some vital part of my story. My chances of getting ITA as a single applicant is greatly reduced due to my age. However, I (or we) stand a better chance applying as a couple having both written IELTS and evaluated our Master degrees.
got it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Enculer2: 3:39pm On Jul 14, 2023
2022Frustrated:
Thanks for your response. Please is there a stipulated time for her to stay in Canada after "soft landing"? I am guessing the maximum time she can get off work will be 30 days, which will be her annual leave.

How we arrived at 499?
My age: 33
My highest qualification: MSc (ECA completed)
My IELTS: 8.5,8.5,7.5,7.5 in LRSW (April 2023)
Work experience: 8 years+ (not in healthcare, IT or any of the high demand occupations in Canada)

Her age: 2*
Her highest qualification: MSc
Her IELTS (July 1, 2023): 8.5, 9.0, 8.5. 7.5 in LRSW
Work experience: 5 years+ before this new appointment.
Applying as a couple both coming to Canada puts us on 499.

Thanks

You and your lady are bright. All the best with whatever you decide.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Blessed4sure: 3:49pm On Jul 14, 2023
Thanks so much Boss.

That's really helpful.

Profgordons:
It is something many people do as mentioned by @zeewirld, doing a soft landing means you and your spouse will honor the PR approval, land in Canada, complete your documentation before she returns to Nigeria. However she needs to maintain the equivalent of two years out of five years minimum to be able to renew her PR status.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Savagethe21st(m): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2023
Canada Fam, Incase anyone is interested in learning french, I'm looking for people to form a study group. Hopefully by mid next year we'll be good enough to get some points from it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 4:14pm On Jul 14, 2023
2022Frustrated:
It's totally alright. Principal applicant has to land with or before the dependent applicant. Other than that no law states that both applicants must live/stay together in Canada

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2023
deyplay:
From an immigration perspective they can both become PRs while one opts to live/remain in Nigeria while the other remains in Canada. However, the challenge comes from practicability of separated couples living two different lives in two different environment.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by tshtsh: 4:23pm On Jul 14, 2023
Savagethe21st:
Canada Fam, Incase anyone is interested in learning french, I'm looking for people to form a study group. Hopefully by mid next year we'll be good enough to get some points from it.
If you live near/around ikoyi , enrolling in the Alliance Francaise french school will be more helpful. When you form a study group with native english speakers the tendency to communicate in English will limit your ability to grasp the French language.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by NuCypher: 5:08pm On Jul 14, 2023
2022Frustrated:
Thanks for the additional insight Prof. Please, if I may further enquire, if she is unable to meet up with the 2 out of 5 years to renew her PR status, will that in any way affect the PR of her spouse who would most likely satisfy this requirement, putting into consideration that she was the principal applicant? Thanks again
If you can become a citizen of Canada after staying three years in Canada, you can go back and live with your wife in Nigeria while she holds a PR. That way, she can stay everlastingly out of Canada as a PR and still be able to renew her PR.

Ultimately though, there's no kind of lucrative job she can have in Nigeria that will be much better than a lucractive job in Canada, if she searches well for one. She should continue searching for a job in Canada while she is in Nigeria. Good jobs in Canada will ultimately pay more than good jobs in Nigeria, except she got a CEO position in a top bank. And even at that sef, there are regular tech jobs in Canada that beat CEO pay in Nigeria. Let me put this out there.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Qadaffi2idiamin: 5:45pm On Jul 14, 2023
Is there a chance for truck drivers to get into Canada?

If there is what are the route requirements?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Savagethe21st(m): 5:53pm On Jul 14, 2023
tshtsh:

If you live near/around ikoyi , enrolling in the Alliance Francaise french school will be more helpful. When you form a study group with native english speakers the tendency to communicate in English will limit your ability to grasp the French language.
Omo see one chance. I can't enroll in any school because it will require me to quit my job, and with the current devaluation of naira, I won't have proof of fund money any more.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Adedolapo2021: 5:59pm On Jul 14, 2023
PheezyLee:

Congratulations smiley
Please what are the required documents you're to go with if you're to pick up in person? and do you have to schedule an appointment prior to going?

I think all you need is the photocopy of your passport (with the sticker they put on it). I'm not sure there's anything else

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (498) (499) (500) (501) (502) (503) (504) ... (629) (Reply)

General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 8 / Usa Visit Visa

Viewing this topic: bobjob, ayokunlemmy and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.