Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,417 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 - Travel (627) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 (1065177 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (635) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by amikable97: 12:37pm On Apr 22
DTOBS:
Hello Guys,

Gradually, I am progressing on this journey and sooner than I think, me too will share my testimony of the PR.

Please, I need clarification on this issue gurus in the house.

I am targeting Saskachewan Non Express Entry Stream. I have calculated my CRS Score on the Saskachewan website (directly from IRCC website) and the Max point needed is 110. I intend to use my wife's distance cousin's wife who is a PR in canada as a proof of family tie. My question is "Is this possible and Feasible?". If it is possible, this will give me additional 20points and that means, I should be getting an ITA from province of Sask in their next draw. Also, if it is possible, what supporting document(s) will I and the person I intend to use as the proof of tie be presenting?

Please, I will be waiting for your answers.

Thanks so much guys
You Cannot use a distant cousin to claim points. Only direct siblings. I think that Manitoba is the only province that accepts extended family ties and friends but trust me, proving the relationship is not a walk in the Park... Try and go back to your drawing board and restrategize.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DTOBS(m): 3:31pm On Apr 22
Wow... this just send cold shiver down my spin. lol

Na to go back to the drawing board true true... thanks so much for your response

amikable97:

You Cannot use a distant cousin to claim points. Only direct siblings. I think that Manitoba is the only province that accepts extended family ties and friends but trust me, proving the relationship is not a walk in the Park... Try and go back to your drawing board and restrategize.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by amikable97: 3:33pm On Apr 22
horlakay:
Hello gurus, please I need advise...I strayed away from express entry since 2017 because I felt it was too stressful, but right now I don't mind going through the stress, the shege in this country don reset my head.

First degree: Metallurgical and Materials engineering
Postgraduate Diploma: Computer Science
Work experience: 3 years as a Machine learning engineer.
I am learning French.... I have not started the process yet and I have less than 50 days from my profile to do IELTS AND WES. my questions are:

1. Which occupation can I enlist for, I saw software engineering, am I qualified for that?
2. Will WES evaluate my degrees individually, or they will do both of them once.
3. What re my chances considering my age.
4. What is your best advice for me.

Thanks in advance
1. check your JOB DESCRIPTION and try to See If it fits into any of the STEM or TECH NOCs.
2. if you pay for WES Evaluation and upload and include both credentials at the same time, they will evaluate both at once. Meaning that you will not be required to pay an extra or separate fee.
3. You have a fair chance of getting either FSw or PNP ( based on your work experience).
4. Get into the pool as fast as you can, if you're not already in it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by yusufhaji(m): 4:53pm On Apr 22
Please I'd like to know if IRCC accepts IELTS one skill retake presently?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by aurorae1: 6:44pm On Apr 22
yusufhaji:
Please I'd like to know if IRCC accepts IELTS one skill retake presently?

No, not for express entry purposes.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/refugees/economic-mobility-pathways-pilot/immigrate/language-testing.html
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 8:30pm On Apr 22
tshtsh:

A possible case of misrepresentation. Every information keyed into your application is saved to the GCMS system including history of changes.
as far as no ITA yet, and he can prove the work, I don't see how it's a problem.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by rotexteymie(f): 9:49pm On Apr 22
Hello,

Does anyone have any idea how I can claim points for my 1year customer service job in Canada? Just recommendations on NOC that can give me points.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Dauphine: 9:59pm On Apr 22
Customer service jobs fall under TEER 4 and are in the unskilled category which means you can’t get points for work experience with a customer service role

rotexteymie:
Hello,

Does anyone have any idea how I can claim points for my 1year customer service job in Canada? Just recommendations on NOC that can give me points.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by rotexteymie(f): 10:05pm On Apr 22
Dauphine:
Customer service jobs fall under TEER 4 and are in the unskilled category which means you can’t get points for work experience with a customer service role

Thanks for your response. Yes, I’m aware its Teer 4 but based on the technicalities of my job duties, was trying to see if another NOC code would match but apparently not.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by halimadb: 10:27pm On Apr 22
Hi all. Hope you’re all doing well.

I currently work in Operations, which is very much all encompassing and different job responsibilities of mine fall under different NOCs. Is it ok for me to pick an NOC of my preference and get my reference letter tailored to my job responsibilities that fall under that NOC?

To clarify, I could go with NOC 22221 (User Support Technician) because I carry out responsibilities related to that in my current role. I could also go with NOC 41400 (Natural and applied science policy researchers, consultants and program officers) because I also carry out responsibilities that fall under that.

NOC 22221 is eligible for OINP and NOC 41400 is eligible for STEM draw. Due to inconsistency in STEM draw I prefer to go with 22221 but just curious as to whether it’s fine for your organization to tailor the reference letter to mostly your responsibilities that fall under a particular NOC even though your broader responsibilities fall under multiple NOCs.

Kindly note that all info on my reference letter would be truthful, it would just be tailored to and list the responsibilities that are relevant to the NOC I choose.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Marischizzy: 3:19am On Apr 23
Please is there anyone with Accra visa office that have gotten PPR of recent? kindly comment under this post, there is a new Whatapp group link available to connect people together but I am not sure if posting it here will be against the guidelines of nairaland.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DTOBS(m): 12:08pm On Apr 23
Hello bro/sis,

Once again, thanks for your response to my question yesterday. So I went back to Saskchewan webpage and tried to read more on the requirement for the family support. For the category I am planning to apply to which is "Occupation in-demand" in Saskchewan (does not need me to have a job offer or a federal Express Entry Profile), below is the requirement for the family support i saw:

"Close family relative in Saskatchewan
The applicant or accompanying spouse has a family relative that is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Saskatchewan and is not supporting any other family relatives at the time of your application. Eligible family members are a: parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, first cousin and step-family members or in-laws of the same relationships. The family members in Saskatchewan must meet the requirements as listed under “Required Documents” for your ISW sub-category. If your close relative in Saskatchewan has supported other relatives before your application, you must submit proof that the nominee who your close relative previously supported has been settled successfully in Saskatchewan for at least six months."

With this, is it still feasible to use my wife uncle's wife?

Also, on the 2nd Language Test, I am planning to write CELPIP by Jun this year, can I also write IELTS as the second language test or it has to be french test that must be the 2nd language?

Thanks

amikable97:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by studycenter: 4:06pm On Apr 23
DTOBS:
Hello bro/sis,
Also, on the 2nd Language Test, I am planning to write CELPIP by Jun this year, can I also write IELTS as the second language test or it has to be french test that must be the 2nd language?
Thanks
You can take either CELPIP, IELTS or PTE. All are English language proficiency test. You want to claim dual language, then it's either of the three and TCF/TEF (English + French)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Prisscindy(f): 10:18pm On Apr 23
ezzylee:

Haaaa...... When you call them, what do they say is happening on your application?

What's your GCKey saying?

Have you ordered GCMS notes?

Gcms on its way.
Gckey says reviewing eligibility.
Call centre says application still within the time frame.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Profgordons(m): 5:56am On Apr 24
aworhmabel:
I will advise u to target transport draw. The next draw will be in june. All u need to do now is get a reference from any logistics company u know (3yrs reference) update ur NOC to transportation manager and u are good to go. Or better still create a second express entry profile with the transport Noc.
It is your type that will get people 5yrs ban.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DTOBS(m): 6:59am On Apr 24
Thanks bro for your response but I am a bit lost.

So, I am writing CELPIP soon, for the second language test, can i write CELPIP/IELTS that is english again or what? Or the second language test I must have must be another language outside English that is French.?

studycenter:
You can take either CELPIP, IELTS or PTE. All are English language proficiency test. You want to claim dual language, then it's either of the three and TCF/TEF (English + French)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by amikable97: 10:00am On Apr 24
DTOBS:
Hello bro/sis,

Once again, thanks for your response to my question yesterday. So I went back to Saskchewan webpage and tried to read more on the requirement for the family support. For the category I am planning to apply to which is "Occupation in-demand" in Saskchewan (does not need me to have a job offer or a federal Express Entry Profile), below is the requirement for the family support i saw:

"Close family relative in Saskatchewan
The applicant or accompanying spouse has a family relative that is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident living in Saskatchewan and is not supporting any other family relatives at the time of your application. Eligible family members are a: parent, sibling, grandparent, aunt, uncle, niece, nephew, first cousin and step-family members or in-laws of the same relationships. The family members in Saskatchewan must meet the requirements as listed under “Required Documents” for your ISW sub-category. If your close relative in Saskatchewan has supported other relatives before your application, you must submit proof that the nominee who your close relative previously supported has been settled successfully in Saskatchewan for at least six months."

With this, is it still feasible to use my wife uncle's wife?

Thanks

From what you just quoted, it looks like it is your wife that can claim points through her in-law as the primary applicant. As the relationship is directly linked to her (her uncle’s wife).
But if you decide to be the primary applicant you can’t claim the point o.
This is the much I can say. If you have further questions on this issue I suggest you seek the opinion of a licensed IRCC lawyer or representative. Some of them take consultation for a fee.

If you write CELPIP and pass, writing IELTS should not be in question as it will not be counted (except you have too much money to dash British Council) because they are test of the same language ENGLISH.
TEF or TCF are the only tests you can take for FRENCH ie (Second Language).

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by DTOBS(m): 10:26am On Apr 24
Thank you so much for your response....

I really appreciate

amikable97:

From what you just quoted, it looks like it is your wife that can claim points through her in-law as the primary applicant. As the relationship is directly linked to her (her uncle’s wife).
But if you decide to be the primary applicant you can’t claim the point o.
This is the much I can say. If you have further questions on this issue I suggest you seek the opinion of a licensed IRCC lawyer or representative. Some of them take consultation for a fee.

If you write CELPIP and pass, writing IELTS should not be in question as it will not be counted (except you have too much money to dash British Council) because they are test of the same language ENGLISH.
TEF or TCF are the only tests you can take for FRENCH ie (Second Language).
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Hisapplebehold: 10:32am On Apr 24
Hi, please, I have a few questions, IRCC asked me and my spouse to refill the IMM5406. I am unable to sign the document and also how do i upload it. Advice is needed, please, in case you have been here before.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by cutie074: 12:58pm On Apr 24
Please I needthe WhatsApp group link for canada ppr. This is my WhatsApp number 07065475141
Marischizzy:
Please is there anyone with Accra visa office that have gotten PPR of recent? kindly comment under this post, there is a new Whatapp group link available to connect people together but I am not sure if posting it here will be against the guidelines of nairaland.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kcenyimbk: 2:10pm On Apr 24
Goodafternoon everyone.
Please I’m in desperate need of help and ideas right now.
I applied for spousal sponsorship in June 2023,
My husband came back on April 2023,got married to me and travelled back to Canada….
We applied in May but our application was rejected due to some mistakes,then we reapplied in June…
I’ve done biometrics,Medicals and all documentation…
Was waiting for ppr,when I got an email…
A procedural fairness letter….
First of all they asked me to prove my marriage the further,by adding more pictures and chats and documentation…
That one is not an issue..
The main issue now is that they said I’m guilt for misrepresentation……
I never knew I made a mistake in the form……
To be honest,I filled the wrong box by mistake…
In 2017,I was denied a us visiting visa…
I think I wanted to go for vacation or something….
I can’t even remember why they rejected me…
It was since 2017,
So they asked me to prove myself,if found guilty,I will be banned for 5 years….
My marriage is still very young and the emotional turmoil of long distance sef is painful….
I consulted some consultant and she said I should look for the slip they gave me the refusal slip…
I can’t find it….
But I had to search my mail and saw the application slip with the application number…..
How do we go about it and honestly,we don’t have the funds for a lawyer at this moment….
Pls has any one gone through this
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 2:19pm On Apr 24
Hisapplebehold:
Hi, please, I have a few questions, IRCC asked me and my spouse to refill the IMM5406. I am unable to sign the document and also how do i upload it. Advice is needed, please, in case you have been here before.
, download,print out,fill it and sign, upload.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 2:22pm On Apr 24
Profgordons:
It is your type that will get people 5yrs ban.
What he wrote is what a lot of people have been doing without coming here to say it.

Two profile, claiming work from where they have never worked.
No be new thing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 2:31pm On Apr 24
Kcenyimbk:

Goodafternoon everyone.
My husband came back on April 2023,got married to me and travelled back to Canada….
We applied in May but our application was rejected due to some mistakes,then we reapplied in June…
First of all they asked me to prove my marriage the further,by adding more pictures and chats and documentation…
It was since 2017,
My marriage is still very young and the emotional turmoil of long distance sef is painful….
I consulted some consultant and she said I should look for the slip they gave me the refusal slip…
I can’t find it….
But I had to search my mail and saw the application slip with the application number…..
How do we go about it and honestly,we don’t have the funds for a lawyer at this moment….

Hmmm, this one carry hat for head.

You need an immigration lawyer, but if you don't have the funds, get ready to do some research, if you can get the reason for denial, good.

You have made the mistake, whether it's an honest mistake or that you dont know it's so important, what you need is solution.
You need to write a letter of explanation, screenshot your chats with hubby, whether raw,good,anyone, do you have pictures with him?
Voice note? Compile all, send to them.

Do you have pictures of the wedding,whether small ceremony or big, send.
You either tell them that you don't know how important the question is,and since you did not get the visa, neither did you know the reason for denial, you don't know it's important.

Or you can write that it's an honest mistake.
That you must have been too quick and you missed the question,thereby filling anything.

Include that you don't want to be apart with your husband, it's not like they work with emotions, but you have to give it all you can.

Go on YouTube,Google on writing procedural fairness letter .

Finally, with God all things are possible, I put him first always because he has come through for me in times when human have concluded my matter.
God is the head of all the government, Authority.
Talk to him sis, tell him to take control.
I will be praying with you.
I expect your praise report.

God's luck.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 2:38pm On Apr 24
Kcenyimbk:

Goodafternoon everyone.
It was since 2017,
I can’t find it….

People have gotten their PR with this same issues, they gave their explanation, attached the refusal slip, they got what they want.

Did US ban you?
No
Just get to work.

Thank you very much, we got an email from them to submit my daughter's birth certificate and we sent it. We got another email from them yesterday which is procedural fairness stating that I refused to declare my us refusal and I have the opportunity to explain, my husband sent an email explaining and we attached the refusal letter. To God be the glory, woke up this morning to the ppr for my daughter and I.

This 🖕 is one of the people that got Pr even after they failed to declare their Us visa refusal.

It's here on nairaland.
So calm down.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kcenyimbk: 2:46pm On Apr 24
Honeysweetest:

Thank you so much…I really appreciate

Hmmm, this one carry hat for head.

You need an immigration lawyer, but if you don't have the funds, get ready to do some research, if you can get the reason for denial, good.

You have made the mistake, whether it's an honest mistake or that you dont know it's so important, what you need is solution.
You need to write a letter of explanation, screenshot your chats with hubby, whether raw,good,anyone, do you have pictures with him?
Voice note? Compile all, send to them.

Do you have pictures of the wedding,whether small ceremony or big, send.
You either tell them that you don't know how important the question is,and since you did not get the visa, neither did you know the reason for denial, you don't know it's important.

Or you can write that it's an honest mistake.
That you must have been too quick and you missed the question,thereby filling anything.

Include that you don't want to be apart with your husband, it's not like they work with emotions, but you have to give it all you can.

Go on YouTube,Google on writing procedural fairness letter .

Finally, with God all things are possible, I put him first always because he has come through for me in times when human have concluded my matter.
God is the head of all the government, Authority.
Talk to him sis, tell him to take control.
I will be praying with you.
I expect your praise report.

God's luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kcenyimbk: 2:47pm On Apr 24
Honeysweetest:

People have gotten their PR with this same issues, they gave their explanation, attached the refusal slip, they got what they want.

Did US ban you?
No
Just get to work.
What if I can’t find the us refusal letter

Thank you very much, we got an email from them to submit my daughter's birth certificate and we sent it. We got another email from them yesterday which is procedural fairness stating that I refused to declare my us refusal and I have the opportunity to explain, my husband sent an email explaining and we attached the refusal letter. To God be the glory, woke up this morning to the ppr for my daughter and I.

This 🖕 is one of the people that got Pr even after they failed to declare their Us visa refusal.

It's here on nairaland.
So calm down.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kcenyimbk: 2:47pm On Apr 24
Honeysweetest:

Did US ban you?
No
Just get to work.
Where can I request to get it

It's here on nairaland.
So calm down.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kcenyimbk: 2:58pm On Apr 24
Honeysweetest:

Did US ban you?
No
Just get to work.
It’s there a way I can print out the refusal letter online….
I can’t find the original copy…..
I used my application number now on a website and they confirmed that I was refused but there was no space for me to see the actual reason for it

It's here on nairaland.
So calm down.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kcenyimbk: 2:59pm On Apr 24
[quote author=Kcenyimbk post=129610953][/quote]I wish I can see the full fact post
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Kcenyimbk: 3:00pm On Apr 24
Honeysweetest:

Did US ban you?
No
Just get to work.
Us did not bann me

It's here on nairaland.
So calm down.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11 by Honeysweetest(f): 3:00pm On Apr 24
[quote author=Kcenyimbk post=129610941][/quote]
There is USA Visa status online.
Enter your case number.

(1) (2) (3) ... (624) (625) (626) (627) (628) (629) (630) ... (635) (Reply)

Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 4 / General-german-student-visa-enquiries Part 8

Viewing this topic: JapaPrince and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.