Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,818 members, 7,831,664 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:23 AM

21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) (61943 Views)

Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi / Building Collapses In Ebute Metta, Lagos. Many Trapped (Photo, Video) / Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by timesup234: 6:56pm On Nov 01, 2021
Sleekfingers:

A building that is under construction o......when dem no go give professionals work.....na baba mulikah and brother chinedu, who knows less to nothing about construction, dem go dey give work......
Normal lousy rant from the average Nigerian who knows nothing about building. No single substandard material was used there and a professional handled that project. This collapse was caused by structural design

3 Likes

Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by timesup234: 6:57pm On Nov 01, 2021
Newboss:

Were you the one who sold the substandard material to them? The chances that a 21 storey building was constructed using substandard material is almost zero.

Most of these are caused by structural design flaws.
The comment I was looking for. Funny I just posted something similar. You are the only person with brain here
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by timesup234: 6:58pm On Nov 01, 2021
georgeakins:
Structures of this magnitude should have been handled by Julius Berger or GCappa
Julius berger bridge and roads also fails too
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by Lxc1: 6:59pm On Nov 01, 2021
How
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by nosiebaba(m): 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2021
Amazondepth:
. Billion
my brother the things is painful
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by MadeMan01(m): 7:04pm On Nov 01, 2021
The other buildings should be demolished as well. They have same design and handled by same contractor
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by joetem(m): 7:07pm On Nov 01, 2021
ma373733:

Na Igbo go kill you las las

Children of hate

how igbos go kee me when i dont patronise fake and substandard
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by wman(m): 7:09pm On Nov 01, 2021
Evil owner.

Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by timesup234: 7:11pm On Nov 01, 2021
Xtopher123:
Hire professionals, and pay professional service fees and also ensure there's no compromise. NO.

You want to make 120% profit.

See the results.
Shut up your dirty mouth. A professional with Phd handled that project. You must be drunk to think a 21 storey building will be given to a quack
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Nov 01, 2021
timesup234:

Mention one Julius Berger bridge that collapsed. Mention one Cappa and D'alberto building that collapsed under construction or about 10 years after construction.

If the materials were of high quality, then, there is a design error which is likely structural analysis error.
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by FKMagazine(m): 7:28pm On Nov 01, 2021
This is a huge loss of life
May the human losses be minimal
By His grace
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by sonofElElyon: 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2021
Newboss:

ALL engineers miscalculate. Just that some miscalculations are insignificant. 47.7877885 is not equal to 47.787789. That approximation is already a miscalculation. But it is insignificant.

However in very complex projects like this, that insignificant miscalculation could add up to something significant. Also, unforseen events such as weather could come into play to make an insignificant miscalculation significant.

I maintain that there's no room for error when you are building high rise.. there is something known as construction engineering.. have you ever heard the likes of Julius Berger, G. cappa etc suffer building collapse? It is entirely avoidable !!!
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by wirinet(m): 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2021
timesup234:
Normal lousy rant from the average Nigerian who knows nothing about building. No single substandard material was used there and a professional handed that project. This collapse was caused by structural design

What do you mean by "No single substandard material was used" are you a structural engineer or architect? A quick glance at the collapsed building shows substandard materials. The concrete mix is way wrong. The steel rods did not adhere to the concrete meaning the steel rods are substandard. The type of sand used looks like very fine plaster sand instead of very coarse sharp sand. The wreckage resembles a collapsed sand castle.
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by Omonigho1976: 7:38pm On Nov 01, 2021
timesup234:
Normal lousy rant from the average Nigerian who knows nothing about building. No single substandard material was used there and a professional handed that project. This collapse was caused by structural design
So what does that tell you about the builder?
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 01, 2021
timesup234:
Shut up your mouth there you slave. Buildings collapse everyday in America, Europe and China
where did this son of a thousand fathers escape from?

Go suck your moma, boy.. get outa me mention, dickhead.
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by wirinet(m): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
timesup234:
Shut up your dirty mouth. A professional with Phd handled that project. You must be drunk to think a 21 story building will be given to a quack
It the building was not given to a quack, how come it collapsed like a sand castle during construction, even before any active load due to occupancy was added?
I am waiting for you to tell me it's providence or God's will.

1 Like

Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by EndRape2(f): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
JESUS LOVES YOU.

quotes

author=ideatoprince18 post=107245419]Buddha have mercy[/quote]
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by sulaak(m): 7:44pm On Nov 01, 2021
fkj950ax:

Another Assumption Expert

Linda Ikejis blog

It can be recalled that Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu on October 21, 2021 promised that his administration will curb building collapse incidents in the state with the inauguration of the Certificate of Completion and Fitness for Habitation by the Lagos State Building Control Agency.
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by ebukabanky(m): 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2021
Investors money,bank money down the drain.
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by israelp(m): 8:12pm On Nov 01, 2021
copy copy nr gud...na everytin oyinbo man do we 1 copy,..21 storey is too much for block building,..u neva talk of hw d builders manage d sand n cement...i pity pple wey b victim of dis free fall wey b lyk naira note
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by Sleekfingers: 8:15pm On Nov 01, 2021
timesup234:

Of course, I ain't an engineer....but you half- baked in the know. Should tell me why such a huge structure would collapse? Is it not the job of professional to know when , something ain't right? Is it not their job?
Sometimes, I just wonder how some nigerians, make use of their brains.... always looking for excuses for mistakes......
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by georgeakins: 8:17pm On Nov 01, 2021
timesup234:

At where?
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by fkj950ax(m): 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2021
sulaak:

Linda Ikejis blog

It can be recalled that Governor Babajide Sanwo-olu on October 21, 2021 promised that his administration will curb building collapse incidents in the state with the inauguration of the Certificate of Completion and Fitness for Habitation by the Lagos State Building Control Agency.

No further comments from me
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by Nmezor(f): 10:03pm On Nov 01, 2021
Bad news
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by ideatoprince18(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2021
EndRape2:
JESUS LOVES YOU.

quotes

author=ideatoprince18 post=107245419]Buddha have mercy
..... Vishnu loves u more
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by Bigchristo: 10:40pm On Nov 01, 2021
NobleSeed:
what a tragedy sad
God save the people trapped..
So sad and disheartening, the engineers responsible for this project uses substandard materials that’s the causes of this collapse building
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by TheAlchemist: 11:12pm On Nov 01, 2021
Were some tell tale signs of impending doom ignored. Did any worker inform his or her supervisor that he noticed some suspicious cracks here and there?... the problem might have been noticed but remedial action might have been delayed. RIP to the dead.
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by Elbinawi: 12:54am On Nov 02, 2021
A 21-storey building under construction collapsed in Lagos yesterday morning. Four people dead. This is due to compromised construction work and lack of proper standardization.

The most unfortunate thing is that for 4 hours, there was no rescue team at the Ikoyi building collapse scene. People were digging into rubble with bare hands.

Lagos state is by far the richest state in Nigeria. Most Nigerian manufacturing sectors are located in Lagos state. Unfortunately, Lagos state lacked all the ingredients of a modern city. Poor transportation system, high traffic congestion and extremely poor drainage system.

Since 1999 the treasury of Lagos state has been under the pocket of a retired Drug baron, Tinubu, who is the National leader of Buhari's party APC. Corrupt Tinubu decides who will be the Governor of Lagos state and most states in South West Nigeria.

Shame on the rulers of Lagos state! Shame on Tinubu! Tinubu is a shameless treasury thief.

God Rest the Dead!

#ElbinawiTweets
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by euniquea(f): 9:48am On Nov 02, 2021
I know the guy that did the 3D ANIMATION... he is also a nairalander (mrdan)

Instagram (focus3imaging)
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by Xtopher123(m): 11:56am On Nov 02, 2021
timesup234:
Shut up your dirty mouth. A professional with Phd handled that project. You must be drunk to think a 21 storey building will be given to a quack

I won't stoop soo low to your level to exchange words with you but I'll for the sake of your future give you advice.

Learn to have sensible conversations ONLINE. You don't know who I am neither have we met before nor crossed paths but here you are telling me to shut up.

You better learn now before it's too late. I may overlook this. Somebody else wouldn't.
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by Konquest: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2021
fergie0o1:

SOURCE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RZNwwQxeCM
Urggh! Finally making my first
online comment on this huge
tragedy.

This Ikoyi building collapsed like a pack of Cream Crackers and it's amazing that 9 people were able
to survive this as of today... and
38 folks passed on.

This is a FINAL wake up call for
ruthlessness in dealing with every stage of building construction in
Nigeria and worldwide. TQM
must be brutally enforced... from
the building materials to the
fully erected buildings!

Miami in Florida had a partial collapse of an already fully occupied high-rise apartment
with loss of lives a few months
ago in 2021. Other buildings
have collapsed around the
world sans earthquakes.

My deep condolence goes out to the families of EVERYONE in that building. The pain is deep, but time will heal the pain and wounds.

Take care. smiley
Re: 21-Storey Building Collapses In Ikoyi, Lagos. Many Trapped (Video) by Konquest: 10:43am On Nov 05, 2021
Newboss:

Software performs theoretical evaluation. The issue could even be from the software that you're talking about. The software works with the values that it was given. The state of the land on which the building was constructed is a very important variable. Software can tell you that something is correct, whereas it's very wrong.

If you give the software a wrong value, it may give you the wrong result or the correct result, depending on the variation in input value. It's all garbage in garbage out.

The owner of a building should be on site as much as possible. Nigerian workers cannot be trusted with resources. Some will even steal rods, bags of cement, etc, and tell you that they were not enough.

Don't be quick to castigate others.
Word!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cost Of Soakaway(septic Tank) / How Many Plots Of Land Can We Find In An Acres. Urgent / How Caramelo Lounge Was Demolished In Abuja By FCTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.