Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) (34823 Views)

Vladimir Putin Doomsday Plane Seen Flying Near Moscow ( Pix, Video) / US "Doomsday" Plane Sent With Biden To Europe (Pics) / America’s $200m “doomsday” Plane That Protects Vips In Event Of A Nuclear War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Gospelpreacher1: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2021
FLOP 26: Boris tells COP that the 'doomsday device' is real and it is 'one minute to midnight' to stop climate disaster - but Xi Jinping will not even give 'virtual' speech after snub and Turkish President stays away

Boris Johnson has told world leaders at the start of the COP26 summit that they can no longer afford to delay taking major action to address climate change as he warned 'the longer we fail to act, the worse it gets'.

The Prime Minister compared the situation facing the globe to the climax of a James Bond film where the hero has to thwart plans to blow up the planet.

But Mr Johnson said 'this is not a movie' and the 'doomsday device is real' as he urged his counterparts to do more to reduce harmful emissions.

The premier said the longer countries wait to take action then 'the higher the price when we are eventually forced by catastrophe to act'.

He said the world has 'long since run the clock down on climate change' and there is now just 'one minute to midnight', with action required immediately to prevent a global disaster.

The PM used his speech at the opening of the summit as a rallying cry to try to build momentum as he welcomed foreign leaders to Glasgow after securing only lukewarm climate commitments at the G20 summit in Rome over the weekend.

However, hopes for the UN event have suffered fresh setbacks, after it emerged that China's president Xi Jinping will not even give a 'virtual' speech, instead only submitting a written statement.

Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan also announced he will not be coming, despite attending the G20. Russia's Vladimir Putin and Brazil's Jair Bolsonaro, both in charge of big polluters, have declined to attend.

Meanwhile, the organisation of the conference has come under fire after thousands of delegates were forced to wait hours to get through shambolic security systems this morning.

Mr Johnson pledged in his lunchtime speech to put another billion pounds into green finance - as long as the UK economy performs as expected in the coming years.

The PM repeated he wants global leaders to unveil steps on 'coal, cars, cash and trees' - the things he believes will make the most different in limiting temperature rises to 1.5 degrees.

Mr Johnson had set the tone as the G20 wrapped up last night by reading the riot act to his fellow world leaders, saying their promises on tackling climate change are starting to 'sound hollow'.

The PM said there are 'no compelling excuses for our procrastination' on reducing harmful emissions and action already taken amounts to 'drops in a rapidly warming ocean'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRxowASv8-E

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10151985/amp/Boris-kicks-COP26-summit-warning-leaders-minute-midnight.html

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Gospelpreacher1: 7:23pm On Nov 01, 2021

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Gospelpreacher1: 7:25pm On Nov 01, 2021
More

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Kingpin1000: 7:54pm On Nov 01, 2021
This Righteousnes really want the world to end.
Let me digress a little bit from the topic.
Why is it that some sets of Christians, just want rapture to come just because they believe, they will go to heaven and more importantly watch the unbelievers suffer in hell.
Even when they preach to you, they preach to you with disgust, like you are filthy and they can't even hangout with you that's why you are going to Hell.
There are even some poor Christians, that feels no rich man will go to heaven so they always fantasised how these rich guys will be begging and crying in Hell just like the rich man and Lazarus.
This mindset of christianity should abolished because it's pure envy that leads to hate.
Imagine as you be Christian you come dey suffer you, you then believe that your fellow Christian wey dey enjoy no go go heaven.

If you fall into this group of Christians, please change.

88 Likes 8 Shares

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Righteousness2(m): 8:16pm On Nov 01, 2021
Kingpin1000:
This Righteousnes really want the world to end.
Let me digress a little but from the topic.
Why is it that some sets of Christians, just want rapture to come not just because they believe, they will go to heaven and more importantly watch the unbelievers to suffer.
Even when they preach to you, they preach to you with disgust, like you are filthy and they can't even hangout with you that's why they are going to Hell.
There are even some poor Christians, that feels no rich man will go to heaven so they always fantasised how these rich guys will be begging and crying in Hell just like the rich man and Lazarus.
This mindset of christianity should abolished because it's pure envy that leads to hate.
Because as you be Christian you dey suffer you believe say your fellow Christian wey dey enjoy no go go heaven.

Leave all these Stories and Prepare yourself for Eternity to avoid Had I known Lamentations. This is what Matters.

There will be no time for Grammar and Stories over there.
There is no more time! Prepare!

68 Likes 5 Shares

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Candidlady: 8:20pm On Nov 01, 2021
Hmmm
Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Righteousness2(m): 8:30pm On Nov 01, 2021
Folks, It has Never been so clear that we are living in the Last of the Last times.

Everything on Earth is on Apocalyptic mode.
We are witnessing things happening like never before.
Don't be Deceived by anybody or government or Leader, there is nothing anyone or Nation can do about it.

The Bitter truth is that what the World is Witnessing now, is nothing compared to what is Coming
The World today is a ticking Time bomb,
Scriptures have been Over Fulfilled,
The RAPTURE of the Church will Happen at anymoment .

I invite you to the Only way to Escape from the Coming Calamity and Disaster.

HIS Name is JESUS Christ. Do yourself Good by Submitting Genuie to HIM

56 Likes 12 Shares

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by IfGodbeforus(m): 5:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
This is some serious threat lalasticlala

2 Likes

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by mainman7(m): 7:57pm On Nov 02, 2021
Real Miracles has become scarce in our Days because Astral Authority of Man divinely domiciled in the Mouth is monumentally destroyed lost through...
Wise ones that still retains truely Original Intelligence, we Know that mastered Romantic Fingering of the Right Spot(s) works far better than the demonically popularized perversion of putting Mouth to the Place that is so Close to Anus! For allowing yourself to be an active Satanic tool to further Humanity Degredation, Polution and Pervertion, you urgently deserve to be most violently and ferociously Shot 7 Times in the head with your brains splatter out on the Street by the bullets. You are either a persive agent too in the hand of the Devil to get guys to start sucking the Place from which smelly Mensuration comes out or you are outrightly Soul-decayed agent of Satan! Either way, Satan is fully using you to pervert gullible Souls. Sound Sultan was captured by similar thing you posted, he sucked Pekus, and just like many Men that was not publicized, he got Cancer of the Throat!!! It has been scientifically proven that Cancer of the Throat is becoming very rampant among Males. Why?! Why was it not so during the Time of our Fathers when human part Join to the part Created for?!
Maryliola:
Hey guys

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by affable4(m): 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2021
Who else thought it was about nuclear destruction?

As everyone is trying to better the other in the production of weapons of mass destruction .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by suffering: 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2021
Global warming is a first world problem which they created and have the resources to fix. Nothing concerns a country which can’t manufacture pencils when those which utilize nuclear energy are discussing matters.

Our resident ‘Christians’ saw Doomsday clock in the write-up and their minds can’t move past an archaic book. I pity una.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by 7victor(m): 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2021
There is a belief by scientists that lifes had existed on the earth at certain times and were later annihilated.

This existence and annihilation had continued over time till our present age of homo sapients, according to them.

They believe that since the earth began,different forms of lifes had existed and were annihilated at one point or another.

This is the idea which is at the heart of the belief that human lifes could be wiped out by climate change.

Scientists seem to countenance the belief that the destruction of previous lifes was a result of natural disaster, disease, famine or weather change.

They belief it could happen to us anytime soon if care is not taken.

But we who believe in God do not support such belief.

We don't countenance the idea that something can suddenly end all lifes on earth.

God would protect us.

Everything is in God's hands.

Although man must also do his best to curb everything leading to the negative climate change.

Please know that Jesus Christ can save you.

Call upon Him today and show love to someone today.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by sammyj: 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2021
These guys are just playing pranks on our intelligence. Which dooms day again. I thought they said the world will implode in ten years time!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Lordbinsmar: 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2021
Tackling climate change is a global imperative.

Let's all take climate actions. Both in terms of mitigation and adaptation.

Let's join hands to save the coming generation from the impending doom.

The extreme weather conditions of today will be the normal weather conditions of the future.

2 Likes

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Quitam: 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2021
Ff
Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by floss(m): 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2021
Hmmm, let's stop making some people more popular than they deserve, if only Nairalanders will stop quoting Righteousness2 moniker, keep a blind eye to all his posts, I believe he will understand that no one notices him or his message. I'm not against his message, he should continue attributing everything to doomsday and apocalypse. I just imagine if he had existed when the first solar eclipse took place, what his sermon would've been.

10 Likes

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by tillaman(m): 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2021
sad
Make all quarters activate dooms day protocol na abi what to do ?

1 Like

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by goodheart02(m): 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2021
[center][/center]
Righteousness2:

Leave all these Stories and Prepare yourself for Eternity to avoid Had I known Lamentations. This is what Matters.

Sharrap what he said is right. slowpoke

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Hndrrxxx(m): 8:00pm On Nov 02, 2021
Nah! For real
Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Lordbinsmar: 8:01pm On Nov 02, 2021
Righteousness2:

[s][/s]Leave all these Stories and Prepare yourself for Eternity to avoid Had I known Lamentations. This is what Matters.

There is no more time! Prepare![s][/s]

Illiterate Pastor. embarassed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Pimine: 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2021
mainman7:
Real Miracles has become scarce in our Days because Astral Authority of Man divinely domiciled in the Mouth is monumentally destroyed lost through...
Wise ones that still retains truely Original Intelligence, we Know that mastered Romantic Fingering of the Right Spot(s) works far better than the demonically popularized perversion of putting Mouth to the Place that is so Close to Anus! For allowing yourself to be an active Satanic tool to further Humanity Degredation, Polution and Pervertion, you urgently deserve to be most violently and ferociously Shot 7 Times in the head with your brains splatter out on the Street by the bullets. You are either a persive agent too in the hand of the Devil to get guys to start sucking the Place from which smelly Mensuration comes out or you are outrightly Soul-decayed agent of Satan! Either way, Satan is fully using you to pervert gullible Souls. Sound Sultan was captured by similar thing you posted, he sucked Pekus, and just like many Men that was not publicized, he got Cancer of the Throat!!! It has been scientifically proven that Cancer of the Throat is becoming very rampant among Males. Why?! Why was it not so during the Time of our Fathers when human part Join to the part Created for?!

2 Likes

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by AFvckingAlpha(m): 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2021
The fvck

Niggarr!!

What a mess!

At Paris in 2015, a lot of commitments were made, yet the so called developed nations didn't cut shit.

Carbon emissions are still at a high, the earth is getting warmer, now they talking about some 1.5 degrees crap they won't still meet.

India PM was saying 2070 before they can hit net zero emissions. I just dey laugh. You know damage that would have been done.

Well all of us go face the music, mother nature ain't playing with us, we get back what we give.

Nah the heat wey hammer me two days ago for afternoon when I dey sleep, if I think about am ehn, I know I ghast triple my hustle like slawormiir talk. I wan dey on Gen 24/7 nor be only for night again.

Make the updates dey come, cos that's only what we get us richer.

I said what I said

3 Likes

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Olivyabrown: 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2021
sammyj:
These guys are just playing pranks on our intelligence. Which dooms day again. I thought they said the world will implode in ten years time!!!

You don't strike me as a bright person.

2 Likes

Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Sonnobax15(m): 8:04pm On Nov 02, 2021
undecided
Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by Scottz: 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2021
Righteousness2:

e sure me die say na you go lead way to hell fire as per number1 sinner undecided
Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by xynerise: 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2021
What is the root cause of climate change? If it is natural then these guys are wasting their fuvking time
Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by paddyDIGITAL(m): 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2021
Great need to do everything possible to reduce global warming.
Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by ofiko123(m): 8:05pm On Nov 02, 2021
The end of the world is near...
Re: It is One minute to Midnight on Doomsday Clock- Boris Johnson(Pics,Video) by sammyj: 8:06pm On Nov 02, 2021
I won't waste my time engaging someone without courtesy like you .
Olivyabrown:

You don't strike me as a bright person.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Trump May Grant Himself Presidential Pardon For Capitol Invasion – White House / Chinese Banks Restrict Lending To Russia, Dealing Blow To Moscow / Russia Takes Over Azovstal Plant As 962 Ukrainian Soldiers Surrender (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.