Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month (2029 Views)

'A Man Who Lives In This Kind Of Apartment Shouldn't Be Thinking Of Marriage' / I Am Cancelling All Marriage Plans Because Of What My Girlfriend Did To My Niece / A Friend Is Cancelling His Wedding... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Heartofluv54: 8:30am On Nov 02, 2021
Pls I need help. I want to get married to a lady who have sacrifice so much for me to be a better person that I am now.
My wedding is first week of December, I have been fully committed into the whole process.
The source I wanted to take loan just disappointed me at the last minute.

My eldest brother who was also supposed to pay back some money I lend him, disappointed me. Non of them is supporting me financially and to refund my own money is a problem.

I have been a great uncle to their children, pay some school fees and offer help severally, but now that I need their help and support, everyone is busy fixing theirs.

Canceling this marriage at this moment, means great lost to me. We both have put in much efforts.

It will hurt her and her family so much. Especially after all these preparations and Invitations.

I have a job that pays me 80k in a month, I am not lazy. My cards are already out, our traditional clothes are with the tarlor already, all the necessary preparations have been made.

I need a loan of #400,000. I will pay back in 8 months time, i would love to spread it, to pay 50k monthly with the interest. Please, help me.
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Rightmindset: 8:33am On Nov 02, 2021
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by house10s: 8:38am On Nov 02, 2021
never borrow money to do any kind of party bro, its a dumb investment, e no dey e no dey period.

9 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Heartofluv54: 8:43am On Nov 02, 2021
house10s:
never borrow money to do any kind of party bro, its a dumb investment, e no dey e no dey period.
Not party. We aren't doing any big party. But some necessary dowery.

I can't cancel everything now
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Dgoz(m): 9:11am On Nov 02, 2021
I will advice you not to borrow, do not mortgage your future because of a 1 day event. If the money available to you can't meet the expenses of the traditional wedding, then scale down, unless you want to tell me the bride price is 400k.
Cut down on the invited guests, if possible just the immediate family members, food and drinks will reduce automatically. Na talk people go talk, at the end of the day, you both will be husband and wife....That is all that matters

17 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Fbisshit: 9:18am On Nov 02, 2021
It's alright

My brother I didn't bother reading because, the situation of this country can make somebody mad within a sec if you don't hold your emotions together.

Please endeavour to check my signature grin
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Heartofluv54: 9:29am On Nov 02, 2021
Dgoz:
I will advice you not to borrow, do not mortgage your future because of a 1 day event. If the money available to you can't meet the expenses of the traditional wedding, then scale down, unless you want to tell me the bride price is 400k.
Cut down on the invited guests, if possible just the immediate family members, food and drinks will reduce automatically. Na talk people go talk, at the end of the day, you both will be husband and wife....That is all that matters
The whole thing is on a small scale already. I have a job, she do business. We can meet up in paying off the loan.
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Dgoz(m): 9:46am On Nov 02, 2021
Heartofluv54:
The whole thing is on a small scale already. I have a job, she do business. We can meet up in paying off the loan.
Well, it seems you have already made up your mind to take a loan. Good luck and congrats in advance

5 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Nobody: 10:09am On Nov 02, 2021
Can't you go ahead with the wedding without the loan? Since you said youve already put so many things in place?

Please if you can wave that which the 400k is needed for, do it and go ahead with the main thing. Stop giving yourself high BP. Or you postpone it. Simply text your invitees of the new development.

This is one reason I don't like public / flamboyant weddings. It's always easier to avoid any flops with low-key weddings.

Na wetin person hand reach na him e dey do. You mustn't go by society standard.

6 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by wunmi590(m): 11:08am On Nov 02, 2021

Whatever decision you have made concerning your wedding, never ever take a loan to fund your wedding...

I did my wedding during the COVID-19 when alot of people are struggling, and I'm a fulfilled man in the sense that, I never borrowed any dime to foot my wedding...

Initially, you will enjoy it that you borrowed the money, but when the time to pay would come, that's when you will be frowning your face...

Never borrow to do wedding, you can borrow to build your house, but wedding? Not advisable

5 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Foodqueen(f): 11:17am On Nov 02, 2021
That's life.

They all know that once u get married, it will be difficult to get help from u again. greedy humans.

Don't change the date, proceed with whatever u have. U will be surprise how beautiful the day will be.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by placeofallure(f): 11:26am On Nov 02, 2021
Mercychen:
Can't you go ahead with the wedding without the loan? Since you said youve already put so many things in place?

Please if you can wave that which the 400k is needed for, do it and go ahead with the main thing. Stop giving yourself high BP. Or you postpone it. Simply text your invitees of the new development.

This is one reason I don't like public / flamboyant weddings. It's always easier to avoid any flops with low-key weddings.

Na wetin person hand reach na him e dey do. You mustn't go by society standard.

He should come and ask me. Keep things modest, they won't hear. My sister and I baked the cake, I sewed my wedding gown with a token, I made up my face myself, tied my gele, made my bead myself, decorated the venue (dad's compound) with my siblings and we had a small gathering of guests, served to their satisfaction with good food and drinks. A while later, same day, we were at work, hubby and I! We needed to make back the money spent. Mi o raye gb'edie sin!

The marriage is 11 years and kicking now, can't wish for another. Hubby is tingling me as I type. It's not by Elaborate and Loudness.

15 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 02, 2021
placeofallure:

He should come and ask me. Keep things modest, they won't hear. I sewed my wedding gown with a token, I made up my face myself, tied my gele, decorated the venue (dad's compound) with my siblings and we had a small gathering of guests, served to their satisfaction with good food and drinks. A while later, same day, we were at work, hubby and I! We needed to make back the money spent. Mi o raye gb'edie sin!

Gbam!

All my sister's that wedded, we were the wedding planners from start to finish.

The food, I prepared with big coal pot and firewood ( cooking is my thing) with the help of my other sisters we cooked a bag of rice.

Hired canopies and chairs outside our compound. Her guy ( now husband) was staying near a Palmwine deport ( before he built his own house) so my dad ordered some fresh pammy through him and they landed with it on that day.
Everything was organized among us.

Makeup, everybody na pro for that one and Marriage took place life and direct.

The other ones, I still cooked the three pots of party jollof myself. While my twin who was wedding prepared the soups for swallows herself. Neighbors helped us turn semo. So, What's all these 400k tension for?

6 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by placeofallure(f): 11:51am On Nov 02, 2021
Mercychen:

Gbam!

All my sister's that wedded, we were the wedding planners from start to finish.

The food, I prepared with big coal pot and firewood ( cooking is my thing) with the help of my other sisters we cooked a bag of rice.

Hired canopies and chairs outside our compound. Her guy ( now husband) was staying near a Palmwine deport ( before he built his own house) so my dad ordered some fresh pammy through him and they landed with it on that day.
Everything was organized within us.

Makeup, everybody na pro for that one and Marriage took place life and direct.

The other ones, I still cooked the three pots of party jollof myself. While my twin who was wedding prepared the soups for swallows herself. Neighbors helped us turn semo. So, What's all these 400k tension for?

I guess not all women are creative. Some ladies cannot lift a finger to save themselves from drowning.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Nobody: 11:53am On Nov 02, 2021
placeofallure:

I guess not all women are creative. Some ladies cannot lift a finger to save themselves from drowning.

Okey-dokey then.
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 02, 2021

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Heartofluv54: 1:03pm On Nov 02, 2021
I don't have intention to do an elaborate ceremony. I can pay back the way I plan it.
Please, someone should help me out. Calling it off now is the hardest things for me to do now,
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 02, 2021
GrowthPlug:

Sorry ma'am this is what I do to survive.
I can't vent my frustrations elsewhere, ma'am.
Ahh, hijacking people's threads and being senseless is what you do for a living. No wonder.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by silibaba: 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2021
Heartofluv54:
Pls I need help. I want to get married to a lady who have sacrifice so much for me to be a better person that I am now.
My wedding is first week of December, I have been fully committed into the whole process.
The source I wanted to take loan just disappointed me at the last minute.

My eldest brother who was also supposed to pay back some money I lend him, disappointed me. Non of them is supporting me financially and to refund my own money is a problem.

I have been a great uncle to their children, pay some school fees and offer help severally, but now that I need their help and support, everyone is busy fixing theirs.

Canceling this marriage at this moment, means great lost to me. We both have put in much efforts.

It will hurt her and her family so much. Especially after all these preparations and Invitations.

I have a job that pays me 80k in a month, I am not lazy. My cards are already out, our traditional clothes are with the tarlor already, all the necessary preparations have been made.

I need a loan of #400,000. I will pay back in 8 months time, i would love to spread it, to pay 50k monthly with the interest. Please, help me.

Taking loan for marriage or wedding is stupid.

All you need is the wedding ring, take your vows and go home. You don't need those ceremomies.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Oyiboman69: 2:59pm On Nov 02, 2021
GrowthPlug:
How about giving your business the right social media coverage it needs?

Here are our packages:

FOR YOUTUBERS:

Let's boost your subscribers (if you have less than 1k) to any thousands of your choice! for a little fee!! Let's grow your watchtime for you to qualify for earning on YouTube!! Start today earn today!!!!

FOR SOCIAL MEDIA BUSINESS OWNERS:

Do your social media pages have less followers and interactions? Thereby making you have low sales??

Do you want more followers and a larger coverage? To get more sales??

Look no further!!

@GROWTHPLUG!!

We will give you thousands of followers for a fee (REAL NIGERIAN FOLLOWERS, FOREIGN FOREIGNERS: USA CANADA, SOUTH AFRICAN: etc depends on your choice)

If your business is on Twitter we still offer growing services too!

Do you know of Instagram ads? We post your page ads too!!

Contact us today!!!

Number is on the signature

Person dey find money, you dey tell am how he go spend money wen e no get ....

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On Nov 02, 2021
Heartofluv54:
Instead, go do registry marriage for now. When you save up Money later on, and you still feel you are not married enough, then go do traditional ceremony and every other ceremony you can afford at that time. undecided
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Heartofluv54: 4:49pm On Nov 02, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Instead, go do registry marriage for now. When you save up Money later on, and you still feel you are not married enough, then go do traditional ceremony and every other ceremony you can afford at that time. undecided
Like go straight to do registry without paying the necessary traditional rite?
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Kobojunkie: 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2021
Heartofluv54:
Like go straight to do registry without paying the necessary traditional rite?
Go registry, fill form, sign papers and you are married. undecided

If that no do you, then save up and do your traditional rites and every other rite you want for afterwards. undecided
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Sonnobax15(m): 5:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
lipsrsealed
Ok
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Saintmary(f): 10:05pm On Nov 02, 2021
placeofallure:

He should come and ask me. Keep things modest, they won't hear. My sister and I baked the cake, I sewed my wedding gown with a token, I made up my face myself, tied my gele, made my bead myself, decorated the venue (dad's compound) with my siblings and we had a small gathering of guests, served to their satisfaction with good food and drinks. A while later, same day, we were at work, hubby and I! We needed to make back the money spent. Mi o raye gb'edie sin!

The marriage is 11 years and kicking now, can't wish for another. Hubby is tingling me as I type. It's not by Elaborate and Loudness.

Awwwwn.

I can do makeup too
I can bake
I can cater for Africa.
I have friends who can decorate, sew and take pics.
E remain small sha.
Our Lord is wonderful.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by placeofallure(f): 1:12am On Nov 03, 2021
Saintmary:

Awwwwn.

I can do makeup too
I can bake
I can cater for Africa.
I have friends who can decorate, sew and take pics.
E remain small sha.
Our Lord is wonderful.

Good for you my sister. You can use all the money you would have spent to invest in something that will give you a bountiful ROI.
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Vision101(m): 2:34am On Nov 03, 2021
Don't attempt to borrow for a wedding. Discuss with your fiancée and in-laws. Scale down the budget to what is affordable and not what is required.

Nigerians and their unnecessary show-off.
I once had a colleague who was a general manager. The wife is an accountant that worked in Citibank. They fixed their wedding on a weekday. No invite card. Just called some friends. They lived at ilupeju in a duplex. We closed from work, drove down to their house. The wife and her friends served us. The husband brought out his home theatre to the lawn in the compound.

We ate, drank, danced and went back home. The next day, they were at work. Life is simple.

4 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Saintmary(f): 3:41am On Nov 03, 2021
placeofallure:

Good for you my sister. You can use all the money you would have spent to invest in something that will give you a bountiful ROI.
Thanks sis.
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Kobojunkie: 3:58am On Nov 03, 2021
Heartofluv54:
I don't have intention to do an elaborate ceremony. I can pay back the way I plan it.
Please, someone should help me out. Calling it off now is the hardest things for me to do now,
Starting married life with debt on your head and this in what looks like a downward economy, you sure say you get sense so? undecided
Re: Thinking Of Cancelling My Traditional Marriage Coming Next Month by Michelle55: 5:14am On Nov 03, 2021
Never borrow to do any wedding oh, if the wedding is that important to you kindly go and do court wedding. Your in-laws should understand your pocket too since you've being with their daughter for long, it's not like you're planning to cancel the traditional rites on purpose.

You both should save for the traditional wedding later, don't go and put unnecessary pressure on yourself over a day's wedding. Na the marriage be koko and not wedding.

Never ever borrow to fund a ceremony such as wedding that would last for less than 24hours, don't say you weren't warned.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Selling Off These Household Things At Very Affordable Prices / Secrets In Marriage / What I Experienced Today At My Friend's Shop.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.