Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria (51482 Views)

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? / Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? / How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Damilare65(m): 4:58pm On Nov 03, 2021
you only eat once a day?

you don't eat meat, or fish, or egg ?

I'm guessing you are living in an extremely rural area, that's the only explanation,

1 mudu of rice is like 800 here, you must be really eating tasteless food or lot of Maggi, im not even trying to be insensitive here I'm just trying to understand,

rice beans, potatoes is your only diet all week? no vegetables, ? ah I pity your immune system oo you are drinking tap water all the time too, if you can fall sick once like this na gbege oo

country hard for all of us sha, but if you really get by like this kudos to you then oo

12 Likes

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by johnrash(m): 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2021
smiley wink
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Jwonder(m): 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2021
embarassed
Dammit, that's not even up to $6. How can a human survive on that once a week and not look malnourished? Nigerians are really poor. Instead of demanding better from their elected leaders, they prefer to fight each other and adjust more to the suffering, just like this OP is doing.

Please, if you can get into crypto, with any little you have, buy BTC when the dip comes in January.

4 Likes

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Ganzoh: 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2021
Dat #50 for chelsea match you for use am play chelsea straight win

8 Likes

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by IbileIfe: 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2021
You forgot costs for the cooking with gas cooker or cooking with kerosene.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by FuckAllTheMODs: 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
Bro, you have time to explain o.

My weekly expenditure is not specific/fixed, some weeks I don't spend up to 3k, other weeks I spend times 10 of that or more and so on.

If you want to yab me, go on and do that but note, my business monthly inflow is many people's(more than 50% of Nigerians) financial prayer point target(point of contact).

That's all I can say on this.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by femi4: 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2021
Supreme145:
I commented on a thread yesterday that was about how much that can last someone through the week, I posted that I can manage 3k for a week and I was literary dragged and trolled through the thread. Some accused me of lying while some said I still live with my parents, others saw my post as a scheme to accrue favour from people.

I never wanted to open a thread about this, but as God would have it, he blessed me ( Not from that thread) through Nairaland best roofer and known philanthropist @ money121 and @despian that sent me something to help with my school project. I managed to squeeze out a little money and branch to the market to get some food stuffs. Below is a detail of how I spent 3k on food stuffs that would last me a week.

Rice 1 mudu(8 cups) : #600
Beans 1 mudu(8 cups) : #900
Potato : #500
1/2 bottle of palm oil : #400( I add just enough to colour the food)
1 packet of maggi : #250
Powder pepper :#100
Onions :#100
Airtime :#100
Total :#2950
The remaining #50 is for Chelsea match later in the evening.

While I didn't make this post to glorify poverty but it seems some people are oblivious to the situation of things in the country at the moment. Apparently the hardship levels is skewed, based on the values that people were quoting on that thread. While some food stuffs are at a premium at the moment, there are some of us that cut our suit according to our ankara.

Next is how I manage the foodstuff to last me a week in no particular order.

Day one: Rice and beans
Day two: beans and potatoes
Day three: only Rice
Day four: porridge potatoes
Day five : only beans
Day six: Rice and beans
Day seven: potatoes and oil
Fortunately the stomach does not disclose its contents.

I iterate through the list during the week, I spend only #100 on airtime during the week. I don't call any body and spend #25 daily for 250 mb night sub which I use to apply for jobs. I wait for the following week when it gets exhausted.
I use salt as makeshift paste and patronize Hausa black soap for bathing.
I've my faze cap to conceal my overgrown hair, though my lord luggard esque moustache have a way of bringing my legs outside.
I fetch well water, boil and sieve it, in that way home made Eva water is set, who knows I might own a pure water factory in future so I'm practicing now.

Added plus: My Girlfriend
It's a popular opinion on nairaland and the country in general that most Nigerian girls are useless and are out to bring nothing but misfortune and misery to our lives. I beg to disagree because the ones around me (mom, siblings and gf) are anything but useless.

My current girlfriend is a frugal spender and taught me how to spend prudently. She taught me how to cook thereby cutting the amount I spend on food to a significant level. I can give her just #1500 and she would prepare two pots of stew and soup to last me a week. Like my Oga @chatinet would say there are still women that can go to the market with 3k and come back with two nylons.

While other nairalanders open thread open threads about their parasitic girlfriends, mine is actually helping me through a difficult phase in my life.
Sadly despite my pitiful standard of living, I still have people that I'm better than and see me as a senior man. Its that bad.

I'm not comfortable with my condition so I'm looking for jobs so as to improve my standard of living. My fellow nairalanders help me to start eating with meat by offering my any job available. I'm a graduate of Statistics/Computer Science (bsc ed) and a web developer.

So the doubting Thomas's here's a breakdown of my 3k weekly spending.

Modified: Obviously some people are still doubting my credibility. I stay in north bank, Makurdi Benue State for those asking.

Owu na bastard!

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by MondayOsunbor(m): 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2021
Supreme145:
I commented on a thread yesterday that was about how much that can last someone through the week, I posted that I can manage 3k for a week and I was literary dragged and trolled through the thread. Some accused me of lying while some said I still live with my parents, others saw my post as a scheme to accrue favour from people.

I never wanted to open a thread about this, but as God would have it, he blessed me ( Not from that thread) through Nairaland best roofer and known philanthropist @ money121 and @despian that sent me something to help with my school project. I managed to squeeze out a little money and branch to the market to get some food stuffs. Below is a detail of how I spent 3k on food stuffs that would last me a week.

While I didn't make this post to glorify poverty but it seems some people are oblivious to the situation of things in the country at the moment. Apparently the hardship levels is skewed, based on the values that people were quoting on that thread. While some food stuffs are at a premium at the moment, there are some of us that cut our suit according to our ankara.

I iterate through the list during the week, I spend only #100 on airtime during the week. I don't call any body and spend #25 daily for 250 mb night sub which I use to apply for jobs. I wait for the following week when it gets exhausted.
I've my faze cap to conceal my overgrown hair, though my lord luggard esque moustache have a way of bringing my legs outside.
I fetch well water, boil and sieve it, in that way home made Eva water is set, who knows I might own a pure water factory in future so I'm practicing now.

It's a popular opinion on nairaland and the country in general that most Nigerian girls are useless and are out to bring nothing but misfortune and misery to our lives. I beg to disagree because the ones around me (mom, siblings and gf) are anything but useless.

My current girlfriend is a frugal spender and taught me how to spend prudently. She taught me how to cook thereby cutting the amount I spend on food to a significant level. I can give her just #1500 and she would prepare two pots of stew and soup to last me a week. Like my Oga @chatinet would say there are still women that can go to the market with 3k and come back with two nylons.

While other nairalanders open thread open threads about their parasitic girlfriends, mine is actually helping me through a difficult phase in my life.
Sadly despite my pitiful standard of living, I still have people that I'm better than and see me as a senior man. Its that bad.

I'm not comfortable with my condition so I'm looking for jobs so as to improve my standard of living. My fellow nairalanders help me to start eating with meat by offering my any job available. I'm a graduate of Statistics/Computer Science (bsc ed) and a web developer.

Modified: Obviously some people are still doubting my credibility. I stay in north bank, Makurdi Benue State for those asking.

i guess you steal kero or fire wood cook am for one week abi?

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2021
Supreme145:

You have a very bright and rewarding future ahead of you Supreme.
Just focus on your studies now and keep being humble the way you are.
Things will fall in pleasant places for you pretty soon.
Some of us lived this same way while in school many years ago.
But now, God has been so good to us all.
It will all end in praise for you.

BTW,
CHELSEA for Life.
Atleast our Club winning that match should let you sleep with a smile on your face

GO AND SUCCEED.

BLESSED UP.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by godisshit(m): 2:12pm On Nov 04, 2021
You're one of the chosen few. Ignore your doubters and naysayers and your evening will surely be brighter than your morning.

P.S. I'm a Manchester United fan and I won't even spend 10 kobo on watching them until they do the right thing.

Supreme145:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Pesbest: 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
I respect your discipline....plz keep it up.greet your fiancée for being a wonderful person to you.

Supreme145:

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by aragon4realz(m): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
see as malnutrition go kill you,you Bette r add crayfish to your list, dont quote me or you get banned immediately

5 Likes

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by rahztafari(m): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
This is like eating once a day and you also have enuf time to cook for yourself.

Kinda like want to ask why ur gf taught you how to cook instead of do the cooking but I think I shud mind my business sha.

Pls, my brother do much more for yourself than cooking and applying for jobs at midnight. You don't have to continue managing. The future holds nothing but dreams except you really push yourself out there.

6 Likes

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Sannioluwatobi1: 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
Be like hOnga no dey do you strong thing kiss
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Olam09(m): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
How far shey na firewood you dey use cook?
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Buffalo2(m): 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2021
Mariangeles:
Of all the important things to buy, why would you buy a packet of maggi? eh nnaa?cheesy

Abi o
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by younglekky19: 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2021
You didn't add cost of gas per week
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by tunize(m): 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2021
8cups of rice #600, beans #900 still e shock me I seriously need to relocate to where ever you are staying. You really dey enjoy Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:16pm On Nov 04, 2021
Is this even possible?
Wait, is the 3k the total amount you spend for food alone or it's for total expenses for the whole week?

I spend almost 22k weekly on food and fuel, and it's still not enough. Man, APC really wrecked this country.
I wonder how APC still have supporters in this country.

10 Likes

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by dapolaw(m): 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
Ogbeni no viewing Centr dey show full matches for N50, well but I don't know about the north sha.

Supreme145:

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Dreadshy: 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
Oga you dey try, wetinn you dey use cook them, na air? You for add am too make we know if this 3k a week formula go work...
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by jimtemi1: 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
My girlfriend has even left, I never chop,u dey ask me make I come knack, u wan make I die,? Na so she left with anger ..i no even call her back when buhari leaves office I go find better one.. Lagos no easy oo

9 Likes

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by younglekky19: 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2021
Damilare65:
you only eat once a day?

you don't eat meat, or fish, or egg ?

I'm guessing you are living in an extremely rural area, that's the only explanation,

1 mudu of rice is like 800 here, you must be really eating tasteless food or lot of Maggi, im not even trying to be insensitive here I'm just trying to understand,

rice beans, potatoes is your only diet all week? no vegetables, ? ah I pity your immune system oo you are drinking tap water all the time too, if you can fall sick once like this na gbege oo

country hard for all of us sha, but if you really get by like this kudos to you then oo

Cost of gas self is high about 700#/kg here

He didn't add soup too
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2021
Supreme145:

Obviously things are cheap where you are .
That half bottle of Palm oil is 850 in PH. I bought the full one yesterday at #1500
That one mudu of rice is #1350 -1500
I can't even mention beans , it's far above principality and power.
I pay tp 600 every day to work
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Sleekfingers: 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2021
Supreme145:

This is what they call, serious poverty......this country is finished......

May God continue bless my wife, who always give food to kids begging around ozumba , VI , every morning.........lots of nigerians are seriously suffering.....

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by Raphcom: 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
Supreme145:

you are the only good Nigerian
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by BigYash: 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
FuckAllTheMODs:
Bro, you have time to explain o.

My weekly expenditure is not specific/fixed, some weeks I don't spend up to 3k, other weeks I spend times 10 of that or more and so on.

If you want to yab me, go on and do that but note, my business monthly inflow is many people's(more than 50% of Nigerians) financial prayer point target(point of contact).

That's all I can say on this.
You dey mind them.. Even who still dey eat his or her mum food,still dey challenge op grin
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by hollywater: 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
Supreme145:

Ur body dey forbid swallow?
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by BadNews: 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
There Is Nothing Way No Go See Inside Blogging Business.
Re: How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria by winnah(f): 2:20pm On Nov 04, 2021
If you have been to any northern state you won't argue this.... If your buying rice 1k a cup in your location doesn't mean it's same every.

Op is � correct. I was expecting beans to be cheaper than that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Can A Baby Of 2 Months old Take Pap / Pregnant Naija Lady Bares Babybump In Shoot With Husband / See What This Kid Is Wearing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.