Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:45 PM

Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? (16220 Views)

How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria / Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nemesis0147(m): 11:04am On Feb 19, 2023
Good morning fams,

Hope you guys are good?
Please can someone survive on a 10k weekly pay in this country?
What prompted me to ask this question is because our last born…during my days in school,we survived on a 30k in Esut and this was allowance apart from foodstuffs and textbooks and this was just 2016.
I use to take food stuffs when going back to school.
But our last born (brother) who is still in 100 level can’t survive with 100k for a semester….
We do give him food stuffs and money for textbooks separately…
He just called our mother that he is out of cash…dy no born am well to call me sha…
me and my immediate young brother want to place him on a weekly pay instead of monthly/semester…..what do you guys think?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Prechgold1180(m): 11:08am On Feb 19, 2023
Back then and now Nur be same thing

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Kingpin1000: 11:15am On Feb 19, 2023
I have not spent upto 10k this week.. this cashlessness has taught me how to manage.

188 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nice2023(m): 11:19am On Feb 19, 2023
Your brother is going to be a dangerous spender if u guys don't manage him very well.

During my schools days,I made it a point of duty to to eat twice a day. I will take tea and cabin biscuits in the morning for lectures while I eat strong fufu in the afternoon and a enough water after wards.

At the end of my 5years course,I saved some good money after graduation.

See,that money I saved then,was what I used to invest and after a long years...I have duplicated it to 88million naira today.

I hate to see people who usually eat their future upfront. It is not always rosy after graduation.

Tell ur brother not to live big on campus,tomorrow will demystify all his actions.

The money is even too much for such a young man like him.

140 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nemesis0147(m): 11:28am On Feb 19, 2023
Prechgold1180:
Back then and now Nur be same thing

Gave my gf 20k to make food

Wetyn she Dey use cook like two different soups before nur even reach for one

Pos charge comot like 2k

Prices for food item don over high

Nah God hand everybody Dey now
we give him foodstuffs when going back to school…so food is out of it!

9 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nemesis0147(m): 11:29am On Feb 19, 2023
Nice2023:
Your brother is going to be a dangerous spender if u guys don't manage him very well.

During my schools days,I made it a point of duty to to eat twice a day. I will take tea and cabin biscuits in the morning for lectures while I eat strong fufu in the afternoon and a enough water after wards.

See,that money I saved then,was what I used to invest and after a long years...I have duplicated it to 88million naira today.

I hate to see people who usually eat their future upfront. It is not always rosy after graduation.

Tell ur brother not to live big on campus,tomorrow will demystify all his actions.

Asin eh
This is just 100 level😔

27 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Omihanifa: 11:36am On Feb 19, 2023
Truth be told, 100k per semester (3-4 months) is quite small judging from the way things are expensive now in the country.but he needs to learn how to manage sha.

Food is expensive
Gas is expensive
Transport is expensive

48 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by BigDick70inch(m): 11:37am On Feb 19, 2023
Nemesis0147:
Good morning fams,

Hope you guys are good?
Please can someone survive on a 10k weekly pay in this country?
What prompted me to ask this question is because our last born…during my days in school,we survived on a 30k in Esut and this was allowance apart from foodstuffs and textbooks and this was just 2016.
I use to take food stuffs when going back to school.
But our last born (brother) who is still in 100 level can’t survive with 100k for a semester….
We do give him food stuffs and money for textbooks separately…
He just called our mother that he is out of cash…dy no born am well to call me sha…
me and my immediate young brother want to place him on a weekly pay instead of monthly/semester…..what do you guys think?

Seems u guys r wealthy Sha.....

LoL....my pocket money used to be 5k den..... with lil food stuff(2018).....infact I remember vividly wrote most of my final yr exam surviving on eating jux soaked garri....cos I ended up buying materials with the lil I had.....

Still ended up making 2:1....

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Omihanifa: 11:37am On Feb 19, 2023
Nice2023:

Don't forget the OP said 100k for a semester which could either be 3 or 4 months

13 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by pussygotlips: 11:47am On Feb 19, 2023
I can't remember the last time I touch money.

Life is good.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nemesis0147(m): 11:50am On Feb 19, 2023
Omihanifa:
Truth be told, 100k per semester (3-4 months) is quite small judging from the way things are expensive now in the country.but he needs to learn how to manage sha.

Food is expensive
Gas is expensive
Transport is expensive
we buy him foodstuffs and textbooks separately
So the 100k na just pocket money

9 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Omihanifa: 11:52am On Feb 19, 2023
Nemesis0147:
we buy him foodstuffs and textbooks separately
So the 100k na just pocket money

You guys should slash the money by half since nah una dey buy am food

11 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nemesis0147(m): 11:52am On Feb 19, 2023
BigDick70inch:

Seems u guys r wealthy Sha.....

LoL....my pocket money used to be 5k den..... with lil food stuff......infact I could remember vividly I wrote most of my final yr exam surviving on jux eating soaked garri....cos I ended up buying materials with the lil I had.....

Still ended up making 2:1....

far from that.
We don’t just want him bothering our mother for anything…he doesn’t call us for money
Instead he will call our mother direct which I don’t like….e come be like say we no fit take care of am!!

8 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nemesis0147(m): 11:53am On Feb 19, 2023
Omihanifa:

You guys should slash the money by half since nah una dey buy am food
we want to be doing it weekly stuff
Like 10k every week

9 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Omihanifa: 11:57am On Feb 19, 2023
Nemesis0147:
we want to be doing it weekly stuff
Like 10k every week

That will amount to 130k or 170k at the end of the semester. Its not worth it. Remember a semester is either 3 or 4 months.

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nemesis0147(m): 11:57am On Feb 19, 2023
pussygotlips:
I can't remember the last time I touch money.

Life is good.
why?
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nemesis0147(m): 11:59am On Feb 19, 2023
Omihanifa:

That will amount to 130k or 170k at the end of the semester. Its not worth it. Remember a semester is either 3 or 4 months.
true sha but I feel like him seeing it in huge amount like that dy shark am…because of the 100k no dy do am.
We still have to send him tfare after each semester and he do call our mother too.

14 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by BigDick70inch(m): 12:03pm On Feb 19, 2023
Nemesis0147:
far from that.
We don’t just want him bothering our mother for anything…he doesn’t call us for money
Instead he will call our mother direct which I don’t like….e come be like say we no fit take care of am!!

Omo seems that yo broda nah baller for school Ooo......

He sud be conscious with spending Sha.....

Like I said l earlier.....I used to get so lil as pocket money.......2018 to be precise

6 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by pussygotlips: 12:15pm On Feb 19, 2023
Nemesis0147:
why?

I live in my jungle and we go natural here

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by HellVictorinho7: 2:06pm On Feb 19, 2023
Nice2023:

i need your financial assistance
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nice2023(m): 2:17pm On Feb 19, 2023
HellVictorinho7:
i need your financial assistance

I thought u said u don't have NIN and no bank account?

U are funny sha.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Kasdat5(m): 2:18pm On Feb 19, 2023
Pocket money was 6k monthly. But I had loads of food stuffs
A bag of foreign rice was 4k then
Only collected pocket money for a semester before I grew up...
10k/week should be cool for your bro

7 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by HellVictorinho7: 3:17pm On Feb 19, 2023
Nice2023:

I thought u said u don't have NIN and no bank account?

U are funny sha.
can't i use another person's account? Ask lordreed
Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Duchessree(f): 3:34pm On Feb 19, 2023
I suggest you go by weekly allowance, it's better that way

10 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nemesis0147(m): 3:46pm On Feb 19, 2023
Duchessree:
I suggest you go by weekly allowance, it's better that way
thank you ma

1 Like

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Coldplay007(f): 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2023
Nemesis0147:
true sha but I feel like him seeing it in huge amount like that dy shark am…because of the 100k no dy do am.
We still have to send him tfare after each semester and he do call our mother too.

You are a wicked somebody.. the 100k per semester is less than the 30k you were collecting in 2017 ..
100k per semester is rubbish.. why would anybody pay a teenager once in a semester, when you know he can finish all the money in a week.. if you guys were collecting 30k per month in 2017.. it is fair he gets like 50 or 60k now..

12 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Nemesis0147(m): 3:57pm On Feb 19, 2023
Coldplay007:

You are a wicked somebody.. the 100k per semester is less than the 30k you were collecting in 2017 ..
100k per semester is rubbish.. why would anybody pay a teenager once in a semester, when you know he can finish all the money in a week.. if you guys were collecting 30k per month in 2017.. it is fair he gets like 50 or 60k now..
who be this?
Did you read where I said we buy him foodstuffs and text books apart from the 100k?

How much do you earn in a month?

28 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by jawalis(m): 3:58pm On Feb 19, 2023
100k per semester and you still consider it not enough? Hmm. I pray God continue to bless you and your family so you can do more, it’s not a crime if you do more. But pls let him know life is not a bed of roses, I mean, you need to remind him that there are some people in the same university who can not get 10k per semester from relatives. I graduated last October and sir, let me tell you I survived on nothing of such. No monthly allowance, no weekly allowance, no allowance per semester, no surprise gift but I still managed it through. What I get is 2k from mom maybe once in a month because she doesn’t have it, Dad doesn’t care anyways. I do dry cleaning from home while I collect cloth from young lecturers both male and female, I wash and iron them well at a very discounted rate just to feed and augment many things. Paying school fees was God’s grace.
Pls let your brother know how hard it is to make money these days, educate him properly, sir; on savings. Again, pls do more if you have the ability so he doesn’t end up doing illegal things to make more money. Thanks

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by akwesenana: 7:26pm On Feb 19, 2023
Nemesis0147:
who be this?
Did you read where I said we buy him foodstuffs and text books apart from the 100k?

How much do you earn in a month?
As recently as 2018, my pocket money was 5k per month(we no dey cook for uniuyo so no foodstuffs).
Try interrogate him make e no be say cultists don go open pos for im head.

19 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Treassured: 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2023
This Hardship Is Taking a New Dimension🤣

3 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by akube34: 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2023
Omihanifa:

Food is expensive
Gas is expensive
Transport is expensive
wait, that means average man children no go go school na bcus I know an average man won’t give their child 10k weekly

5 Likes

Re: Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? by Treassured: 8:11pm On Feb 19, 2023
The Power of Savings and Discipline can not be over emphasized.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Another Nigerian Couple Delivers White Baby / How To Prevent Your Marriage From Crashing / Traditional, Religious Or Court Wedding: Best Form Of Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.