Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,019 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) (79471 Views)

7-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki, 6 Persons Trapped / 3-Storey Building Under Construction Collapses In Yaba, Lagos (Photo) / Building Under Construction Collapses In Aba, Many Trapped (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by blackmantis: 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
Lagos houses falling down.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by aryzgreat: 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
Sanwolu is corrupt.

Why are all these happening under his leadership?

The 21 storey building was shut last two years, what happened that made them to release them?

Money changed hands
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by EndBuhariNow(m): 3:32pm On Nov 02, 2021
foxxydude:
Lapses in the ministry in charge
and do you call this one building... see below how skyscraper looks like

2 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by Aarenasbaba(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2021
No spoil construction works for us nah....... Build right
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by doggedfighter(f): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2021
airsaylongcome:

No soil is "soft" that cannot be built on. Bridges have been built across large bodies of water without collapsing. The problem is that the property developers are corrupt. They want to build with village budget and charge London selling prices. There's a foundation called Pile Foundation designed for use in these kinds of reclaimed land.

The soil is not the problem. Soup wey sweet na better money kill am

Do we attribute it to greed then?
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by Lush100(m): 3:33pm On Nov 02, 2021
I hope all these collapses are not government generated setups.
Its very possible just as Corona can be imposed on us.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by Maxymilliano(m): 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2021
The Buhari led APC cannot be exempted from the current gale of collapsed buildings.

Cost of building materials has skyrocketed, with developers resorting to cutting corners just to maximize profits at the detriments of the society at large

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by SpatialKing(m): 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2021
Another quack Yoruba contractor, a region filled with sophisticated failures
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by ikorodureporta: 3:34pm On Nov 02, 2021
Na earthquake remain
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by AyelalaOo(m): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
Smiles...
Human being en
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by Xzellentgraphic: 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
Oga ooo....it's well

For Graphic designs and training ....contact me now.

Check my signature for my contact details
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by Silentmoni(m): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
[quote author=PCSI post=107272313]Substandard materials on the rise due to high cost of building materials.

I always advice potential house owners to supervise and purchase (when necessary) building materials themselves.

Most contractors/developers are greedy, they are only interested in their profit.[/quote.]true! even though my contractor is sincere enough i bought materials my self and always supervised coz i dnt want stories,d blocks used was moulded in my site wit top quality rather dan d ordinary sand dey sell in block industry dis days in d name of block...@ d end i was satisfied even though i spent more

2 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by doggedfighter(f): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
RapistOnBail:

Las las,

Pastor righteousness is right. Na end time be this.

Repent folks. For the kingdom of the lord is at hand.

No be only folks even toks grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by cocolacec(m): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
Isupaefugbemi00:
I hope its not daddy Bola that's handling that building, that man sabi cheat

Daddy Ngige aka Lagos boy handle the building anuofia.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by EndBuhariNow(m): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
doggedfighter:
The season of collapsed buildings.

I heard Lekki soil is soft and not really good for storey buildings.
which kind soft... if u said the soil is soft what then will you say uae soil is Uae soil is like dust... you can't even use it to flatter because its like those ordinary dust under carpet or rug but if u see thickness of their construction even earthquake no fit fall am... they set standards for everything unlike Nigeria that passes everything

1 Like

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by house10s: 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
blame buhari period
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by Navalsadiq(m): 3:35pm On Nov 02, 2021
People are compromising standard because of high cost of building materials
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by ensamy(m): 3:36pm On Nov 02, 2021
A labourer will be following an Architect or engineer to construction site and after 1 year he will start designing and constructing houses on his own, he has become both archtech and engineer, people start calling him engineer.
It's happening every where. He will then have boys that works for him. He didn't study architecture or engineering but becomes both by association . Same as Chemist or patent medicine owners, all are Doctor Doctor in Nigeria. See the results.

4 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by plankyjacky(m): 3:38pm On Nov 02, 2021
The problem with buildings collapse in Lagos is because those that are in charge of regulation and standard are corrupt or they don't know their job.
They only come to site to eat rice and do jamboree after which the client or contractor credit their account .
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by Omniman(m): 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
doggedfighter:

Soft soil ke.
People are building on water and it's still standing sad

4 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by Kajaard: 3:39pm On Nov 02, 2021
RapistOnBail:

Las las,

Pastor righteousness is right. Na end time be this.

Repent folks. For the kingdom of the lord is at hand.

Because of collapsed buildings abi cheesy
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by purplekayc(m): 3:40pm On Nov 02, 2021
doggedfighter:

na only Lekki get this type of soil for the world?

3 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by Paradigms: 3:40pm On Nov 02, 2021
These are the ones we have seen. A lot of buildings under construction have been collapsing across the country.
Standard Organization of Nigeria keeps taking bribe from Chinese and Indian manufacturing companies that produce iron rods for construction.
They are producing substandard items that they can't produce in their own countries.

3 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by ba7man(m): 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2021
Reminds me of my last project.

Friends of the client and "I too know" professionals accused me and my team of over-designing the structure of the buildings........ complained that i was wasting materials and money on the size of my pads.

Building control came and were speechless at how executed the foundation was.

The same naysayers came back and adviced the client to add extra floors till i stamped my foot and told them I'll withdraw from the project and told the client to make them sign on any change they make to my work.

They all went mute when they heard me talk about preparing documents with their suggestions and signature.

7 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by yusluvad(m): 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2021
This is very pathetic...
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by SocialJustice: 3:41pm On Nov 02, 2021
doggedfighter:

There is no land that is not good for building, it is a matter of using the right foundation.

2 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by stephenponti(m): 3:42pm On Nov 02, 2021
doggedfighter:

Most of these collapsed buildings are as a result of inferior materials being used in building the houses. I just passed through where this building collapsed, there are other two story buildings around the collapsed building that has been standing for years so it can't be the soil

5 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by koning: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2021
Never really been a fan of the island as a residential location. I will choose Ikeja and environs any time, anyday.

Currently looking at Ikorodu seriously. I don't go for the Hype.

2 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by Deen112: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2021
We are all shifting blame on the engineer alone. What about the block molders producing weak blocks. Government need to do more. Despite the one that happened at the synagogue few years back.
Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by PROPEACE: 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2021
doggedfighter:

It has nothing to do with soil texture or structure. It is the wicked Nigerian attitude of cutting corners. You can build a sky scraper on a swamp or even in water if the right foundation is built.

5 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by lereinter(m): 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2021
doggedfighter:

Are they not doing foundation

2 Likes

Re: Building Under Construction Collapses In Lekki (Photo) by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:43pm On Nov 02, 2021
It seems owners and builders of these collapsing buildings are cutting corners to cut cost or not meeting up to standard

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Best Price On High Quality Tiles:Spain/Italy/China/Nigeria Tiles.(photos). / These Houses In Ebute Metta Are Too Close To Each Other (pictures) / Lagos Family Houses (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.