Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,207 members, 7,815,207 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday (18730 Views)

Liverpool Players Put Coach On Their Shoulder And Dragged To Celebrate With Fans / Real Madrid Finally Appoints New Coach On Permanent Basis / Thomas Tuchel Replaces Unai Emery As PSG Coach On A Two Years Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by damilola4162(m): 1:43pm On Nov 03, 2021
Barcelona are expected to announce their club legend, Xavi Hernandez, as their new coach on Thursday November 4, Newspremises reports.

The Catalan giants sacked Ronald Koeman of his duties in October, and interim manager Sergi Barjuan has overseen a draw with Alaves with a narrow Champions League win over Dynamo Kiev on Tuesday.

Xavi will be in charge of what should be his last game as coach of Al Saad on Wednesday. He would then arrive in Barcelona on Thursday but the club could leave interim coach Sergi Barjuan in charge for the match away at Celta Vigo on Saturday, giving Xavi two weeks to prepare what would be his first game at home to Espanyol on November 18, according to Sportmail.

Speculation has already started as to who Xavi will want the club to bring in although president Laporta has already made it clear there will be very little the club can do in January.

Xavi has won 62 of his 90 games in charge of Al-Sadd and previously made 767 appearances for Barcelona during a glittering 17-year spell in the first team.

https://newspremises.com.ng/barcelona-to-confirm-xavi-as-their-new-boss-on-thursday/

9 Likes

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Dikaveli(m): 5:37am On Nov 04, 2021
That's a welcome development,

Na messi mind will rest because the club he gave his all is in safe hands now, once the GOAT comes out from in jury watch the best of him.

At the same time i will dedicate my FTC to my sweet mom who celebrated her birthday on 30th October and my younger brother who celebrated his yesterday being 3rd November and happy birthday in advance to my elder sister who will celebrate hers on 10th November

Ka chineke mee eziokwu

98 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by chigoziri2403(m): 5:37am On Nov 04, 2021
Barcelona is now a weak and watery team

They let warriors like Suarez and Vidal go, and recruited weaklings that lay down and get battered

Xavi Creus Hernandez might not be the immediate solution,as the squad is extremely asthenic

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:37am On Nov 04, 2021
Long Overdue.

He's welcome on board to continue from where he stopped.

Meanwhile.........

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Kholar211: 5:37am On Nov 04, 2021
Ok

1 Like

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by lonelydora: 5:37am On Nov 04, 2021
Xavi, onye egwu.

Well deserved

1 Like

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by helinues: 5:37am On Nov 04, 2021
Xavi, one of the coolest ex player.

Congrats to him in advance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Praxis758: 5:39am On Nov 04, 2021
From Barca legend to coach. A big inspiration to the fans and players.

1 Like

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by beautyhd: 5:40am On Nov 04, 2021
Who is Manchester United confirming as their new coach?

8 Likes

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Sultty(m): 5:41am On Nov 04, 2021
This will be interesting. Wow xavi grin
Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by JAMO84: 5:41am On Nov 04, 2021
With the current players , he will fail miserably.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Mandela89(f): 5:43am On Nov 04, 2021
Congrats xavi
Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by successking4o1: 5:44am On Nov 04, 2021
Xavi
Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by dex4sure: 5:44am On Nov 04, 2021
Wish you all the best xavi hernandes
Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Sonnobax15(m): 5:45am On Nov 04, 2021
lipsrsealed
Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by wolesmile(m): 5:45am On Nov 04, 2021
I hope he knows that being good as a player is not the same thing as being a coach.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Truvelisback(m): 5:46am On Nov 04, 2021
Dikaveli:

Na messi mind will rest because the club he gave his all is in safe hands now, once the GOAT comes out from in jury watch the best of him.

At the same time i will dedicate my FTC to my sweet mom who celebrated her birthday on 30th October and my younger brother who celebrated his yesterday being 3rd November and happy birthday in advance to my elder sister who will celebrate hers on 10th November

Ka chineke mee eziokwu
How safe is it? Has he coached a big club b4? That a person is a successful footballer doesn't mean he will be a successful coach.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by InvestorRicky(m): 5:46am On Nov 04, 2021
That's great. Watch out for Ansu Fati soon,he's promising.

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Nhemzie17: 5:48am On Nov 04, 2021
Welcome back home Xavi...
Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Truvelisback(m): 5:48am On Nov 04, 2021
JAMO84:
With the current players , he will fail miserably.
If he is a good coach, he will succeed even with the current players.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Damidave1124(m): 5:49am On Nov 04, 2021
Although he is coming in when Barcelona is in a big crisis, but I still believe my dogged and ebullient Xavi will be able to do something before the team builds back.

We are fully behind you Xavi Hernandez

1 Like

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Jomjor: 5:50am On Nov 04, 2021
Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by free2ryhme: 5:53am On Nov 04, 2021
Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by SEGLIZ: 5:54am On Nov 04, 2021
let's see how it goes!?

still congrats to xavi and I wish him success.

2 Likes

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Nobody: 5:55am On Nov 04, 2021
helinues:
Xavi, one of the coolest ex player.

Congrats to him in advance
to me, xavi, iniesta are the best midfielders ever to exist on earth

8 Likes

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Phiniter(m): 5:55am On Nov 04, 2021
ok
Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by 22o62021: 5:56am On Nov 04, 2021
Busquests need to leave that midfield

And enough changes needed or else
Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Truvelisback(m): 5:56am On Nov 04, 2021
beautyhd:
Who is Manchester United confirming as their new coach?
They are yet to confirm anyone because Ole is still pretending to be a good coach. Little did they know that he is like our Nigerian Nepa.

7 Likes

Re: Barcelona To Confirm Xavi As Their New Coach On Thursday by Finnese001: 5:56am On Nov 04, 2021
Good news for my darling Barcelona

Dikaveli:

Ka chineke mee eziokwu

November 10th is also my day, please tell your sister that I want to celebrate with her since she is my birthday mate ( only if she is still single oo)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Germany vs Nigeria [2 - 0] @ U-20 Women's World Cup Final / Kieran Trippier Joins Atletico Madrid From Tottenham On 3-Year Deal / Super Eagles Training Allowance Increased After Algeria Win

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.