Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,449 members, 7,816,039 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:26 AM

Stop Lending Money To People In Naira - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Stop Lending Money To People In Naira (34739 Views)

How Can I Stop Lending Money To Friends And Family? / Ugandan Bank Accused Of Lending Money To Dead Man / Should I Stop Lending People Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by chrisxxx(m): 6:42am On Nov 05, 2021
No be small
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by dwana91(m): 6:44am On Nov 05, 2021
Nice we are in same stand on lending

BiafranBushBoy:

Sorry about your situation.

People are just so unreliable and can’t be trusted.

Good decision going forward.

Most times I lend money, knowing that they won’t pay back… so they won’t have to ask me for money again.

Win Win Situation.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by EstatePropertyP: 6:44am On Nov 05, 2021
This is also the reason we have some of our most expensive and luxury properties pegged in dollars.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by rajiedreez: 6:44am On Nov 05, 2021
Its not that it sounds unpatriotic, its unpatriotic and wicked.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by redcliff: 6:46am On Nov 05, 2021
kinglee007:
And after we have signed the agreement, what are the odds that the dollar might not fall as a result of change in World Economic Policy that might arise due to severe climate change, draught, unpredicted war, or financial stability in Nigeria leading to a rise in the Naira?

Who e go favour?

dollar would never fall to the point where naira becomes better. not in one lifetime.

1 Like

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by omonla10(m): 6:47am On Nov 05, 2021
In same way, its better to be owing banks than to pump ur money into savings acct.. I borrowed 4m from sterling Bank like 10.months ago.. And now I'm paying back monthly in naira regardless of d loss in value.. Na bank go short

9 Likes

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Oludara202: 6:48am On Nov 05, 2021
Like I didn't make much sense when I told my colleagues that salaries should be negotiated in USD

1 Like

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by helinues: 6:48am On Nov 05, 2021
And what if Dollar rate fall like paw paw?
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Mtmike(m): 6:50am On Nov 05, 2021
Wahala for who dey save in naira o
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by SavageResponse(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2021
omonla10:
In same way, its better to be owing banks than to pump ur money into savings acct.. I borrowed 4m from sterling Bank like 10.months ago.. And now I'm paying back monthly in naira regardless of d loss in value.. Na bank go short

I hope you know that they may increase the rate of your interest

3 Likes

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Kobicove(m): 6:51am On Nov 05, 2021
I already adopted that policy long ago undecided
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by kenniefawole(m): 6:52am On Nov 05, 2021
GAZZUZZ:
The title might seem unpatriotic, but not entirely so.

Quick story

In 2018 I sold an SUV to a friend at 3.5m, he paid 2m and said he would balance up in the future.

Fast forward to 2021 October he pays me ₦1m with a pending balance of ₦500,000.

Vehicle sold in 2018 is now ₦5.3m in 2021.

Lesson learnt.

Going forward all transactions that have to do with pending payments will be signed as dollar equivalents .

Meaning if you want to take a loan or owe me large sums of money E.g ₦1m (sept 2021 2,433.5799 US Dollars) all we will do is check current dollar rate and peg repayment on the dollar equivalent in the future (2,433.5799 US Dollars)

The end

Doesn’t sound too wise to me , just attach an interest rate

1 Like

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by princeade86(m): 6:53am On Nov 05, 2021
Did u loaned him in dollars or naira?
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Pojomojo: 6:54am On Nov 05, 2021
Which currency should they lend with?
$

¥
£ or crypto
Talking of crypto If you interested in learning crypto join Telegram Channel m y c r y p t o n g

1 Like

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by thundafire: 6:55am On Nov 05, 2021
OPUSDEI1:
What if finally bubu now makes #1 to $1?
then na 1000 naira him go collect grin
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Oyerinde16(m): 6:56am On Nov 05, 2021
I lend people money now hoping they won't pay so the can't come back to lend again... For the shameless once that's still shamelessly come back, I'm quick to remind them of an outstanding loan, before outrightly telling them I'm servicing a big loan myself and can't afford to help now...

3 Likes

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Icecream4U(m): 6:56am On Nov 05, 2021
What if dollar rate drops?
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by nymphomaniac(m): 6:57am On Nov 05, 2021
princepee:
3.5m car in 2018 will loose it's value in 2021.
A car is not an asset.
it depends on several factors. It could be an asset or a liability

1 Like

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by nymphomaniac(m): 6:57am On Nov 05, 2021
Icecream4U:
What if dollar rate drops?
go and check when last the naira gained against the USD
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Readability: 6:58am On Nov 05, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Quick story

In 2018 I sold an SUV to a friend at 3.5m, he paid 2m and said he would balance up in the future.

Lesson learnt.

Going forward all transactions that have to do with pending payments will be signed as dollar equivalents .

Meaning if you want to take a loan or owe me large sums of money E.g ₦1m (sept 2021 2,433.5799 US Dollars) all we will do is check current dollar rate and peg repayment on the dollar equivalent in the future (2,433.5799 US Dollars)

The end

Way to go bro. My brother borrowed me 500k in the month of May this year, due to be paid year ending. I know the money would be chicken change by then, because I bought dollar with it at the rate of 487 and traded it for SOL at $15. We all now dollar's 560+ now. grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Icecream4U(m): 6:58am On Nov 05, 2021
nymphomaniac:
go and check when last the naira gained against the USD
I know it's close to impossible but what would he do if it drops?
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by InvertedHammer: 6:59am On Nov 05, 2021
GAZZUZZ:

Quick story

Lesson learnt.

The end

/

Bet against naira and you will be fully adjusted for inflation. I have a one month maximum turnaround for any naira denominated transactions otherwise I am not interested.

/

1 Like

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by EmekaBlue(m): 6:59am On Nov 05, 2021
So you want your friend to suffer outrageous payment back.

Greedy fellow. Just help not think of gaining or draining someone
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by pickatyoubackup: 7:02am On Nov 05, 2021
True

Naira on a free fall since 1960.
Imagine person wey owe u 50 naira in the 80s, him go dash u 100 naira now
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by nymphomaniac(m): 7:02am On Nov 05, 2021
Icecream4U:
I know it's close to impossible but what would he do if it drops?
nothing. He is a business man and understands risks. This is however a better risk than collecting the naira equivalent. The smarter option for me would be to peg an interest rate though that will bring the transaction within the purview of the money lenders law
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by Praktikals(m): 7:02am On Nov 05, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
As for friends if you ask me of 200k if i have 50k i give you telling you to pay back if you pay back fine if you no payback awesome too
My dear friend and brother from another mother. Hope you re hale and hearty. Abeg i fit see ₦200k for your hand? I go return am by month end

1 Like

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by aragon4realz(m): 7:06am On Nov 05, 2021
correct guy,you are indeed a real businessman lol
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by neighbourhud: 7:07am On Nov 05, 2021
princepee:
3.5m car in 2018 will loose it's value in 2021.
A car is not an asset.

Says who?

Have you priced a 2001 car lately? How much was it in 2015 and how much is it now?

Bros, this is Nigeria
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by clothingonline(m): 7:09am On Nov 05, 2021
Inflation makes all durable products profitable but as large effect on the low and middle income

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by ignis: 7:09am On Nov 05, 2021
Absolutely correct.
Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by MondayOsunbor(m): 7:09am On Nov 05, 2021
MRDEE01:
Same as saving money.
Save in dollars

LOL been doing that since 2005

Nigeria is a mess both the citizenry and its leaders

1 Like

Re: Stop Lending Money To People In Naira by EmzyT: 7:10am On Nov 05, 2021
Alfred74:

This write up dey give all man better migraine.No form of punctuations at all.Even comma that everybody use like water,you cannot put angry

Bro eh, e tire me grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

5 Nigerians Among Forbes 30 Most Promising Young African Entrepreneurs For 2016 / Court Orders GTB To Pay customer's Stolen 5 Billion! / Courts Reject Old Naira Notes, Turn Lawyers, Litigants Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.