Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Faith Or Foolishness? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith Or Foolishness? (1057 Views)

Faith Or Foolishness? / Faith Or Works! / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 7:52am On Nov 05, 2021
Good day, fellas. Some years ago, a Female Jehovah witness member i knew died prematurely after she delibrately rejected blood transfusion. Now, is her action faith or foolishness? Faculties, Judges, can we hear ur comments?
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Bigredmachine: 8:19am On Nov 05, 2021
Full ish ness
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by nifemi25(m): 8:34am On Nov 05, 2021
Nothing but foolishness..
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 9:15am On Nov 05, 2021
nifemi25:
Nothing but foolishness..
What keeps me wondering was that; she didn't reject drugs,drips, injections the doctors gave her. Drugs, drips and injections she didn't even know how or where they were made or gotten from, which sustained her for sometime b4 the need for blood transfusion came up.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Bishopkingsley(m): 9:22am On Nov 05, 2021
Don't touch blood in the Bible means don't eat or drink blood but Jehovah witness organization don't know the difference when they interpret their Bible it lack of understanding on the leadership
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:20am On Nov 05, 2021
Death comes in different ways but the best form of death to Jehovah's Witnesses is that which comes due to keeping their faith!

Listen to few JWs in ancient times:

Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go answered the king: “O Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If it must be, our God whom we serve is able to rescue us from the burning fiery furnace, O king, and to rescue us from your hand. But EVEN IF HE DOES NOT, let it be known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold that you have set up.” Daniel 3:16-18

So Pilate entered the governor’s residence again and called Jesus and said to him: “Are you the King of the Jews?”  Jesus answered: “Are you asking this of your own originality, or did others tell you about me?” Pilate replied: “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests handed you over to me. What did you do?” Jesus answered: “My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.” So Pilate said to him: “Well, then, are you a king?” Jesus answered: “You yourself are saying that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is on the side of the truth listens to my voice.” Pilate said to him: “What is truth?” John 18:33

So they brought them and stood them before the Sanʹhe·drin. Then the high priest questioned them and said: “We strictly ordered you not to keep teaching on the basis of this name, and yet look! you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.” In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men. The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom you killed, hanging him on a stake. God exalted this one as Chief Agent and Savior to his right hand, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And we are witnesses of these matters, and so is the holy spirit, which God has given to those obeying him as ruler.” When they heard this, they were infuriated and wanted to do away with them. Act 5:27-33

Does it look like this people are scared of dying for their faith?
How do you think their contemporaries will view them, wise or foolish?

Well regarding the blood transfusion that you think can save life Google is your friend, check what experts in the field shared on blood transfusion. We solely rely on the word of our God than whatever people say! smiley

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:36am On Nov 05, 2021
Truvelisback:
Good day, fellas. Some years ago, a Female Jehovah witness member i knew died prematurely after she delibrately rejected blood transfusion. Now, is her action faith or foolishness? Faculties, Judges, can we hear ur comments?

I do not think it right to measure for as long as she was an adult, she truly has a right to choose Life or death
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 11:24am On Nov 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

I do not think it right to measure for as long as she was an adult, she truly has a right to choose Life or death
We are not talking abt right here, we are talking abt faith or foolishness. If u are talking abt right that means those whose commits suiside and suiside bombs has the same right.

1 Like

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 11:30am On Nov 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:
Death comes in different ways but the best form of death to Jehovah's Witnesses is that which comes due to keeping their faith!

Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go answered the king: “O Neb·u·chad·nezʹzar, we have no need to answer you in this matter. If it must be, our God whom we serve is able to rescue us from the burning fiery furnace, O king, and to rescue us from your hand. But EVEN IF HE DOES NOT, let it be known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold that you have set up.” Daniel 3:16-18

So Pilate entered the governor’s residence again and called Jesus and said to him: “Are you the King of the Jews?”  Jesus answered: “Are you asking this of your own originality, or did others tell you about me?” Pilate replied: “I am not a Jew, am I? Your own nation and the chief priests handed you over to me. What did you do?” Jesus answered: “My Kingdom is no part of this world. If my Kingdom were part of this world, my attendants would have fought that I should not be handed over to the Jews. But as it is, my Kingdom is not from this source.” So Pilate said to him: “Well, then, are you a king?” Jesus answered: “You yourself are saying that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is on the side of the truth listens to my voice.” Pilate said to him: “What is truth?” John 18:33

So they brought them and stood them before the Sanʹhe·drin. Then the high priest questioned them and said: “We strictly ordered you not to keep teaching on the basis of this name, and yet look! you have filled Jerusalem with your teaching, and you are determined to bring the blood of this man upon us.” In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men. The God of our forefathers raised up Jesus, whom you killed, hanging him on a stake. God exalted this one as Chief Agent and Savior to his right hand, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And we are witnesses of these matters, and so is the holy spirit, which God has given to those obeying him as ruler.” When they heard this, they were infuriated and wanted to do away with them. Act 5:27-33

Well regarding the blood transfusion that you think can save life Google is your friend, check what experts in the field shared on blood transfusion. We solely rely on the word of our God than whatever people say! smiley

If u JW rely on the word of ur God, why do u take drugs,drips and injections in the the hospital when u are sick? U should have ignored taking drugs, drips and injections too.

1 Like

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by haddeylium(m): 11:40am On Nov 05, 2021
Truvelisback:

Many people received blood transfusion and still died. What about that? To show that blood transfusion does not save life.
Jehovah's witnesses love life so much and we sought for the best medical care possible without in obedience to God and out out respect to the giver of life.

We love life, and we resort to bloodless medicine.If you do some due diligence you will find that people who opt for Bloodless Surgery have a higher rate of survival as well as a better quality of life due to less complications in the months following the surgery. I have chosen the following links in support of this

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/canada/physicians-non-blood-medical-treatment/

http://bloodless.com.br/optionsalternatives-to-blood-transfusions/

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201209/medical-alternatives-to-blood-transfusions/#%3Finsight%5Bsearch_id%5D%3D3dc84142-a940-41a4-864e-7385a699e3f7%26insight%5Bsearch_result_index%5D%3D0
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:48am On Nov 05, 2021
Truvelisback:
We are not talking abt right here, we are talking abt faith or foolishness.

Faith is certainly about Confidence which is about Right and Good whilst foolishness is indisputably bad and evil.

So I am within Scope.

Truvelisback:

If u are talking abt right that means those whose commits suiside and suiside bombs has the same right.

Suicide bombing is murder-suicide as is properly called. And the presence of murder puts it in the place of great evil and wickedness.

But in the case of self-murder, in Law The Person with the greatest right to Complain is God, The Creator and Owner of man, for it is the same as the case of the servant who the talent given him.

The other co-servants did not have much of a right to complain but the Master of the servant and owner of the talent, had the greatest right to Action.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by haddeylium(m): 12:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:
[b]Don't touch blood in the Bible means don't eat or drink blood [/b]but Jehovah witness organization don't know the difference when they interpret their Bible it lack of understanding on the leadership
Solomon!
One doctor advised me to stop drinking alcohol, would it wise for me to transfuse or inject it ?
Sir?

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
haddeylium:

Many people received blood transfusion and still died.

Many have also received drugs and died but you do not deprive yourselves of it.

Also on flip side is that many people have received blood transfusions and lived.

Well, it is a thing of personal rights.

1 Like

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by haddeylium(m): 12:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Also on flip side is that many people have received blood transfusions and lived.

Exactly! Many optioned the bloodless medicine and bloodless transfusion and lived also wink
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 12:35pm On Nov 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

Faith is certainly about Confidence which is about Right and Good whilst foolishness is indisputably bad and evil.

So I am within Scope.

Suicide bombing is murder-suicide as is properly called. And the presence of murder puts it in the place of great evil and wickedness.

But in the case of self-murder, in Law The Person with the greatest right to Complain is God, The Creator and Owner of man, for it is the same as the case of the servant who the talent given him.

The other co-servants did not have much of a right to complain but the Master of the servant and owner of the talent, had the greatest right to Action.

When a sick person(an adult) refused to take drugs in other to get better dies. Is that faith or foolishness?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 12:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
haddeylium:

Many people received blood transfusion and still died. What about that? To show that blood transfusion does not save life.
Jehovah's witnesses love life so much and we sought for the best medical care possible without in obedience to God and out out respect to the giver of life.

We love life, and we resort to bloodless medicine.If you do some due diligence you will find that people who opt for Bloodless Surgery have a higher rate of survival as well as a better quality of life due to less complications in the months following the surgery. I have chosen the following links in support of this

https://www.jw.org/en/news/releases/by-region/canada/physicians-non-blood-medical-treatment/

http://bloodless.com.br/optionsalternatives-to-blood-transfusions/

http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201209/medical-alternatives-to-blood-transfusions/#%3Finsight%5Bsearch_id%5D%3D3dc84142-a940-41a4-864e-7385a699e3f7%26insight%5Bsearch_result_index%5D%3D0
Many people takes drugs, drips and injections and still die. So, Bro don't take drugs, when u are sick, even to the point of death. If ur children are sick to the point of death, don't give them drugs too.

1 Like

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 12:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

That personal right is foolishness. Foolishness is also a right. Foolishness is also a choice.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
Truvelisback:
If u JW rely on the word of ur God, why do u take drugs,drips and injections in the the hospital when u are sick? U should have ignored taking drugs, drips and injections too.

He causeth the grass to grow for the cattle, and HERB FOR THE SERVICES OF MAN: that he may bring forth food out of the earth. Psalms 104:15 KJV

That's why Luke was a practicing physician {Colossians 4:14} and Paul admonished Timothy to use medicine for his stomach ulcer! 1Timothy 5:23

But regarding blood we are admonished:

For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well, Fare ye well. Act 15:28-29 KJV

The emphasis of what God's Active Force and the Apostles concluded is about the sound health of their fellow believers, so if the world's scientists (who don't give a damn about God's word) now introduced blood transfusion as a means of saving life then we will tell them "NO!" smiley

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 1:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
Truvelisback:
That personal right is foolishness. Foolishness is also a right. Foolishness is also a choice.

Now you have more reasons to detest JWs than before because you tried to organize a conference against us but found out that you have no genuine case against God's people:

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Meekness, temperance: AGAINST SUCH THERE IS NO LAW!. Galatians 5:22-23

Calm down my friend you have nothing tangible to say against God's people! smiley
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by hupernikao: 1:59pm On Nov 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

You just quoted Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go wrongly now. You imposed your own words into Daniel's statement. You will need to reread the verses and interpret them the way they said it and what they meant. No single Jew will take what you wrong above as true even Daniel himself.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Bishopkingsley(m): 2:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
haddeylium:

Solomon!
One doctor advised me to stop drinking alcohol, would it wise for me to transfuse or inject it ?
Sir?

Funny

We are talking about using blood as food for sacrifice note the difference

Now doctors say blood transfusion saves life's so thinking you are smarter than them is a mental illness

Doctors don't use blood to do sacrifice note the difference between their work and what Bible forbids

Don't touch blood is actually about avoiding blood sacrifice which Jesus handle once and for all any thing spirituality to do with blood Jesus has done it completely

Now when it comes to physical things using blood is not a sin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

You just quoted Shaʹdrach, Meʹshach, and A·bedʹne·go wrongly now. You imposed your own words into Daniel's statement. You will need to reread the verses and interpret them the way they said it and what they meant. No single Jew will take what you wrong above as true even Daniel himself.

No need for arguments just quote any version and let's see if Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego weren't prepared to die for their faith just as Jehovah's Witnesses are doing today even when they're not certain that their God will save them from dying! cheesy
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 3:21pm On Nov 05, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Funny

We are talking about using blood as food for sacrifice note the difference

Now doctors say blood transfusion saves life's so thinking you are smarter than them is a mental illness

Doctors don't use blood to do sacrifice note the difference between their work and what Bible forbids

Don't touch blood is actually about avoiding blood sacrifice which Jesus handle once and for all any thing spirituality to do with blood Jesus has done it completely

Now when it comes to physical things using blood is not a sin
They spiritualize whatever they want to do. The funny thing is that, they know the truth but they just want to spiritualize it to their own belief.

1 Like

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by hupernikao: 3:25pm On Nov 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

No need for arguments just quote any version and let's see if Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego weren't prepared to die for their faith just as Jehovah's Witnesses are doing today even when they're not certain that their God will save them from dying! cheesy

No Sir.
They knew they aren't going to die Sir.

They were so confident that God will deliver them. Nothing in that verses showed that they have a doubt of God will deliver or not. What they said is,

Our God is ABLE to deliver us

That was their statement of faith.

You can't see anywhere in the history of the Bible where a Jews stand in faith with God and still have doubt of whether he will deliver.

Notice well, they said

He will SURELY deliver us.

The rest must be put and read in this Context.

So, they weren't going to die and they knew it because God will surely deliver them because of their faith.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
Truvelisback:
THEY spiritualize whatever THEY want to do. The funny thing is that, THEY know the truth but THEY just want to spiritualize it to THEIR own belief.
THEY! ~ THEY! ~ THEY! ~ THEY! ~ THEIR!

Thank you JEHOVAH that i belong to the group having the same line of thought regarding THEIR FAITH:

“I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through THEIR word, so that THEY may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that THEY also may be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. I have given THEM the glory that you have given me, in order that THEY may be one just as we are one. John 17:22

In the final part of the days, The mountain of the house of Jehovah Will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, And it will be raised up above the hills, And to it all the nations will stream. And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, To the house of the God of Jacob. He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.” For law will go out of Zion, And the word of Jehovah out of Jerusalem. He will render judgment among the nations And set matters straight respecting many peoples. THEY will beat THEIR swords into plowshares And THEIR spears into pruning shears. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, Nor will THEY learn war anymore! Isaiah 2:2-4

Did you note how God's word is accurately foretelling what "THEY" will be doing in the last days? Keep speaking against them to your detriment! smiley
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

No Sir.
They knew they aren't going to die Sir.

They were so confident that God will deliver them. Nothing in that verses showed that they have a doubt of God will deliver or not. What they said is,

Our God is ABLE to deliver us

That was their statement of faith.

You can't see anywhere in the history of the Bible where a Jews stand in faith with God and still have doubt of whether he will deliver.

Notice well, they said

He will SURELY deliver us.

The rest must be put and read in this Context.

So, they weren't going to die and they knew it because God will surely deliver them because of their faith.

Just quote Daniel chapter 3, verses 17 and 18 from three different versions and leave the rest for the followers to read and reason if the three Hebrews were certain that they will be rescued or they were prepared to die for their faith! Matthew 16:25 compare to John 11:25

smiley
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by hupernikao: 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Just quote verses 17 and 18 from three different versions and leave the rest for the followers to read and reason if the three Hebrews were certain that they will be rescued or they were prepared to die for their faith! Matthew 16:25 compare to John 11:25

smiley

Its the way you read it. I will give you a better way to read it. Is just same English we read daily but most times when we read it in the Bible we read away many things and read our mind.

Daniel 3
16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

In proper English, the IF NOT, is to follow the IF IT BE SO. That means the IF NOT, should be referring to IF IT BE SO.

That is how things are read in all lexicon even computer language. You cant change that rule when reading English Bible.
When you have IF, you will then have IF NOT,

So, your interpretation of IF NOT, must fulfil the IF IT IS.

Looking at the text

Verse 17
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us.

Observe their assurance - ABLE TO. They arent mincing words. They are sure,

IF IT BE SO
The if it be so, is referencing what Nebuchadnezzar said he will do. That is, even if he doesnt do it.

verse 15
15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, y[b]e shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace;[/b] and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?

The bold is what Nebuchadnezzar said. And that is the reason for their response.

Let me put in a conversational mode/b]

[b]Nebuchadnezzar:
If you dont bow, i will throw you into the fire, and your God cant deliver you

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: IF IT BE SO (that is, if you throw us into the fire as you have determined), our God is ABLE to deliver us, and he will DELIVER US.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: IF NOT (If you dont throw us, that is even if you change your mind), we will not still bow to your image.

You should know that it will make no sense saying if god doesnt deliver us we will not bow, because at that point they need not bow again as they will already be roasted by fire if that is the case.

So, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego werent speaking of what they werent sure of, they were sure, GOD WILL SURELY DELIVER, AND STILL YET DELIVER.

Hence, the If not is a further explanation to tell Nebuchadnezzar that whether he threw them or if he doesnt, they will still not bow. Not an explanation of if God doesnt deliver, we will still not bow.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

Its the way you read it. I will give you a better way to read it. Is just same English we read daily but most times when we read it in the Bible we read away many things and read our mind.

Daniel 3
16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.
18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.

In proper English, the IF NOT, is to follow the IF IT BE SO. That means the IF NOT, should be referring to IF IT BE SO.

That is how things are read in all lexicon even computer language. You cant change that rule when reading English Bible.
When you have IF, you will then have IF NOT,

So, your interpretation of IF NOT, must fulfil the IF IT IS.

Looking at the text

Verse 17
17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us.

Observe their assurance - ABLE TO. They arent mincing words. They are sure,

IF IT BE SO
The if it be so, is referencing what Nebuchadnezzar said he will do. That is, even if he doesnt do it.

verse 15
15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, y[b]e shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace;[/b] and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands?

The bold is what Nebuchadnezzar said. And that is the reason for their response.

Let me put in a conversational mode/b]

[b]Nebuchadnezzar:
If you dont bow, i will throw you into the fire, and your God cant deliver you

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: IF IT BE SO (that is, if you throw us into the fire as you have determined), our God is ABLE to deliver us, and he will DELIVER US.

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: IF NOT (If you dont throw us, that is even if you change your mind), we will not still bow to your image.

You should know that it will make no sense saying if god doesnt deliver us we will not bow, because at that point they need not bow again as they will already be roasted by fire if that is the case.

So, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego werent speaking of what they werent sure of, they were sure, GOD WILL SURELY DELIVER, AND STILL YET DELIVER.

Hence, the If not is a further explanation to tell Nebuchadnezzar that whether he threw them or if he doesnt, they will still not bow. Not an explanation of if God doesnt deliver, we will still not bow.

Jehovah's Witnesses (God's people) are telling others about their heritage but you want to argue with them over it, no wahala just quote three different versions and allow others to read and reason for themselves whether the three Hebrews were testing their God or ready to die for their faith!

If it must be, our God whom we serve is able to rescue us from the burning fiery furnace, O king, and to rescue us from your hand. But even if he does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold that you have set up! Daniel 3:17-18 NWT

If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." Daniel 3:17-18 NIV

These are the descendants of Abraham (father of all those who are ready to sacrifice anything for their faith) that's our HERITAGE! Isaiah 54:17 smiley
cheesy
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Wahala be for person who no sabi God intimately. Religion is a curse.

If you do not take blood transfusion, and you die, na your wahala. You cut short your life yourself. That is your cup of tea. If you believe there is a gift or crown for you for that, good luck. Muslims believe when they kill (jihad), 7 virgins are theirs in after life. Lol. Na dem wahala.

Whether you are stu.pid to not save yourself and live long, or you are smart to eat well and live a good lifestyle so you live long, your decision is yours. Whoever wants to be st.upid should be. Whoever wants to defend his stup.idity with advance redefined educated ignorancy is actually free to do so. But I tell you, it is extremely hard to be religiously stu.pid. It takes a huge burden and energy to be stu.pid. Stup.idity is actually extremely expensive.

I think engaging in this debate is actually an insult to people with right minds. How can you descend so low to start arguing if you should take blood in the hospital or not? And how can you even engage in any debate pertaining to bloodless surgery when you know that the chance of having bloodness surgery is like slim? Things can go south, internal bleeding can occur. And even, accidents cause blood loss. Why must you engage in this kind of discussion if you are in your right mind. I think people debating with Jehovah Jehovah Witness this particular topic are the stu.pid ones. How can you descend so low to debate such? It's like debating with Yaba Left patients. What kind of meaningful debate can you have with patients there. When they start, what do you do. You just keep quiet, observe, and take off. So, why debate this topic with them? undecided

Good luck to JW.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 5:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
PeaceJoyLove:

Good luck to JW.

We don't even believe in Mammon (the god of good luck) ló bá tán! smiley
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by hupernikao: 6:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

Jehovah's Witnesses (God's people) are telling others about their heritage but you want to argue with them over it, no wahala just quote three different versions and allow others to read and reason for themselves whether the three Hebrews were testing their God or ready to die for their faith!

If it must be, our God whom we serve is able to rescue us from the burning fiery furnace, O king, and to rescue us from your hand. But even if he does not, let it be known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold that you have set up! Daniel 3:17-18 NWT

If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to deliver us from it, and he will deliver us from Your Majesty’s hand. even if he does not, we want you to know, Your Majesty, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up." Daniel 3:17-18 NIV

These are the descendants of Abraham (father of all those who are ready to sacrifice anything for their faith) that's our HERITAGE! Isaiah 54:17 smiley
cheesy

Okay. I have done my part.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

Okay. I have done my part.
It's our heritage so when we are talking about it try to learn not argue, that's why you can't present any group or organized people having that type of faith today! smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

BEST PRANK REACTION THROWING WATER BALLOONS BY REPORTERS / Cele Church Are Completely Anti Christ - David Ibiyeomie Blows Hot Again / Fight For Your Lover Or Not!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.