Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,292 members, 7,836,281 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Faith Or Foolishness? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith Or Foolishness? (1093 Views)

Faith Or Foolishness? / Faith Or Works! / Daddy Freeze On First Fruit: Giving Your January Salary To Pastor Is Foolishness (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by hupernikao: 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
MaxInDHouse:

It's our heritage so when we are talking about it try to learn not argue, that's why you can't present any group or organized people having that type of faith today! smiley

Heritage of turning scripture upside down? I agree.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Niflheim(m): 9:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
Imagine a woman who earns 800,000 naira salary a month, with 4 children and no husband!!!

Then all of a sudden, there is a medical issue, and she needs a blood transfusion, but she says, "IT IS AGAINST MY RELISHION, SO IT IS BETA 4 MI TO JOIN THE CAST OF SUICIDE SQUAD!!!"

This is not a sign of faith, IT IS A SIGN OF MENTAL ILLNESS MIXED WITH IRREVERSIBLE STUPIDITY!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
Niflheim:
This is not a sign of faith, IT IS A SIGN OF MENTAL ILLNESS MIXED WITH IRREVERSIBLE STUPIDITY!!!
Those who struggle from mental illness aren't stewpid at all.... many of us are in fact geniuses so please don't insult us! undecided
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Niflheim(m): 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2021
Sorry, I apologise. I did not mean to make fun of anybody's condition.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 10:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
Niflheim:
Imagine a woman who earns 800,000 naira salary a month, with 4 children and no husband!!!

Then all of a sudden, there is a medical issue, and she needs a blood transfusion, but she says, "IT IS AGAINST MY RELISHION, SO IT IS BETA 4 MI TO JOIN THE CAST OF SUICIDE SQUAD!!!"

Bro, leave those JW people. What they practice is called self-righteousness.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 10:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
haddeylium:

Solomon!
One doctor advised me to stop drinking alcohol, would it wise for me to transfuse or inject it ?
Sir?
It's only a mad person that will do that. Common sense should tell u that alcohol isn't blood that can be transfused or injected into someone.

1 Like

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 10:36pm On Nov 05, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Those who struggle from mental illness aren't stewpid at all.... many of us are in fact geniuses so please don't insult us! undecided
That's not faith, that's FOOLISHNESS. If ur only child is terribly sick to the point of death, and the doctor says ur blood will be needed to be transfused to ur only child, to save his life, won't u do it?
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
hupernikao:

Heritage of turning scripture upside down? I agree.

When people turn something upside down it will not work out as it supposed to be, JWs are the one and only group of worshipers yielding positive results globally:

©They have turned millions into zealous preachers and industrious teachers of God's word! Matthew 28:19-20

©They have erased racism and politics from the hearts of millions globally! Mark 12:29-31

©They have removed weapons from the hands and hearts of all their members worldwide! Matthew 26:52

©They have settled all racial disparities within their own gathering and that's what is causing wars throughout the earth! Matthew 12:46-50

©They have formed one big and happy family of peace loving worshipers globally! Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-3

©They are the one and only group of people that everybody knew have the type of bond that's strange within them! John 13:34-35

©Their the one and only group having the same line of thought regarding sacred matters! John 17:20-23

So if you now say they're turning scriptures upside down we know that's exactly what people said about their Master, Lord and King! John 10:20

He foretold that the world will hate and despice his true followers just as they did to him! Matthew 10:22-25; John 7:7; 15:19

Surely they are turning what all of you fully understood but can't make anything positive out of it upside down, that's why all these things are peculiar only with their group! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by orunto27: 7:42am On Nov 06, 2021
Faith is Obedience and Believe. Foolishness is Rash Stupidity and ignorance. Faith and Foolishness are opposite words of God for Righteousness and Selfishness.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 7:56am On Nov 06, 2021
orunto27:
Faith is Obedience and Believe. Foolishness is Rash Stupidity and ignorance. Faith and Foolishness are opposite words of God for Righteousness and Selfishness.
I'm yet to know their reasons for justifing this foolishness as faith. How can my only child be terribly sick to the point of death and my blood will be needed to save my only child and i will now decline to do so? Isn't that foolishness?

1 Like

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:30am On Nov 06, 2021
Truvelisback:
I'm yet to know their reasons for justifing this foolishness as faith. How can my only child be terribly sick to the point of death and my blood will be needed to save my only child and i will now decline to do so? Isn't that foolishness?

So another human being that can die at anytime is now yours shey?
Well Abraham wanted to kill his only son just because his God asked him to do so, perhaps Abraham must be stupid for obeying that spirit demanding the life of his only son! Genesis 22:1-5

These are the descendants of Abraham by faith so don't expect them to cherish anything more than their relationship with their God, if obeying their God will cost the life of their only child they are fully prepared to obey their God!

Do you remember Jephthah?

Well his lineage ended when his only child was dedicated to his God so that Jephthah's daughter remained unmarried and died living no descendants to continue bearing the name of Jephthah! Judges 11:1-40

I know the way you're feeling because faith like what we are reading in the Bible is not what all people can exhibit {2Thessalonians 3:2} so just forget about this people because their righteousness is from their God, that is their HERITAGE! Isaiah 54:17 smiley
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:

You talk too much! Kai!
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Nov 06, 2021
Mercychen:
You talk too much! Kai!
Abegi! undecided
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Abegi! undecided

No vex o.
Biko, Kwantinu.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by triplechoice(m): 7:28pm On Nov 06, 2021
It is not faith but foolishness to lose your life when you have every opportunity to keep it. Even a fool would do everything to stay alive..

What would make any normal person to want to end their life on the basis of faith in order to please a god?

The answer is uncommon brainwashing.

Anyone who has been pushed with indoctrination into that arena of faith where common sense is completely forgotten and later manage to come out of it, is in a better position to know.

I have been in that state before and came out .So I have the experience .

There was a period in my life when I contemplated joining the jw group but after I had done a deeper investigation of the group, what I found shocked me greatly and put me off . I ran as fast as my legs could carry me

The organization , JW, I found out, was using an insidious form of mind control tactics on its members to make them submit their minds completely so they, the members, can accept without questioning anything they are being taught and obey whatever instructions dished out to them even if it involves the individual dying for the organization . The tactics they use, is one of the most cruelest in the books of those who try to employ mind control techniques on unsuspecting victims. The members are not aware of what is being done to them from behind the curtains.

How am I sure of this?

It was the same methods employed by another religious group I was part of in the past and managed to escape from.

That group almost took complete control of my mind .But some series of earth shaking personal experiences during that period , gradually woke me up and I started to realise what was going on. .Then, I decided that if I want to live a normal life again, I need to fight back to take back my life that was almost no longer under my control.

Leaving that group was not enough. It took me a period of about 10 years of intermittent counselling to finally integrate myself into normal society.. I struggled to cope outside of the group influence.

People under that kind of control are not even aware of the kind of damage their mind is gradually being subjected to. You are being turned into a zombie; someone who acts without thinking and obeys only the group instructions and no other.

So ,@op, the decision of your friend to refuse blood transfusion was not hers but that of those who have completely taken control of her mind. She was a victim of something evil and not Faith.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by haddeylium(m): 7:52pm On Nov 06, 2021
Bishopkingsley:

Funny

We are talking about using blood as food for sacrifice note the difference

Now doctors say blood transfusion saves life's so thinking you are smarter than them is a mental illness

Doctors don't use blood to do sacrifice note the difference between their work and what Bible forbids

Don't touch blood is actually about avoiding blood sacrifice which Jesus handle once and for all any thing spirituality to do with blood Jesus has done it completely

Now when it comes to physical things using blood is not a sin

I've never seen a more nonsensical words put together in my life cheesy.
'God's word said abstain from blood' but you said:

Bishopkingsley:
Don't touch blood in the Bible means don't eat or drink blood

How can someone accept a blood transfusion while at the same time abstaining from blood?
How can someone abstain from something like (Drugs, alcohol) and the same time inject it? Think!

To abstain is to not have anything to do with what is prohibited. You have to apply the same to the other three prohibitions, you can’t pick and choose. You can’t argue that there is another way to commit fornication that is beneficial and acceptable to God or a way to eat what is strangled.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by haddeylium(m): 7:55pm On Nov 06, 2021
Truvelisback:
It's only a mad person that will do that. Common sense should tell u that alcohol isn't blood that can be transfused or injected into someone.

Exactly! I just gave that as example . There are substances also that people can take orally or intravenously.
But, God's words says: Abstain from it and Jehovah's witnesses interpret it as it is

Do you go over the link I shared you?
Thanks for you time

2 Likes

Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Truvelisback(m): 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2021
haddeylium:

Exactly! I just gave that as example . There are substances also that people can take orally or intravenously.
But, God's words says: Abstain from it and Jehovah's witnesses interpret it as it is

Do you go over the link I shared you?
Thanks for you time
It's my pleasure.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Damnfailure: 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2021
Well many religions believe in the blood line not just Jehovah witnesses it's said we atone for the sins of our bloodlines.
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Nov 06, 2021
Damnfailure:
Well many religions believe in the blood line not just Jehovah witnesses it's said we atone for the sins of our bloodlines.
What religion is that from? undecided
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Damnfailure: 10:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
Kobojunkie:
What religion is that from? undecided

Buhdist hindus
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by Kobojunkie: 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
Damnfailure:
Buhdist hindus
Nevermind my asking! undecided
Re: Faith Or Foolishness? by orisa37: 7:03am On Nov 07, 2021
FAITH IS SUCCESS FOR THE RIGHTEOUS ONLY. FOOLISHNESS IS FAILURE FOR THE SELFISH FOR EVER.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Eguavoen Reacts To Prophet Ayodele Prophecy / Lecturer Reveals Insights Following Overnight Stay At TB Joshua’s Church / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.