Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,400 members, 7,830,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:15 PM

I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice (48781 Views)

Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / Immigration Or DSS (Urgent Advice Needed) / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by pfadom: 9:22am On Nov 06, 2021
If the Canada job is genuine they will send you offer letter and condition of service. You will be requested to accept the offer after which they will ask for documentation for your work permit and residence permit. Until that is done, it remains a scam.

Don't throw away the bird at hand.

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by papin190: 9:23am On Nov 06, 2021
Poverty will kill u and am not surprised, the useless 210k is less than 500 USD and you are okay.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by RoyalBoutique(m): 9:25am On Nov 06, 2021
Don't leave your job until you see your visa.

You can take a sick leave from your job and use that time to run around.

Make sure you don't leave your job for whatever reason.

The streets is military
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by APCNig: 9:27am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

I currently work in a company and my monthly take home is 210k. A friend helped me to apply for a Job in Canada, I did the interview Last Month and I was sent a congratulatry message Yesterday from the Company to start work in Canada.

Am having little fears, have not been to Canada, I don't know how they operate, I don't have family there, my friend that applied for me stays in New York.

What if I go and things didn't work out fine, I lose my 210k job and lose Canada job.

Pls should i do. Help

It's your village people that are whispering into your ears. Don't be like me, leave before it's too late. Even Buhari's children will leave Nigeria once Buhari leaves Office
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by justwise(m): 9:27am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

I currently work in a company and my monthly take home is 210k. A friend helped me to apply for a Job in Canada, I did the interview Last Month and I was sent a congratulatry message Yesterday from the Company to start work in Canada.

Am having little fears, have not been to Canada, I don't know how they operate, I don't have family there, my friend that applied for me stays in New York.

What if I go and things didn't work out fine, I lose my 210k job and lose Canada job.

Pls should i do. Help

This is just the first phase of the scam, next phase is to use visa application to milk you as much as you allow them.

There is no job here, just your money.

Don't leave your real job in Nigeria for non-existing job in Canada.

The closest you will get to Canada is Nigerian airport.

6 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by arthurwillia(m): 9:28am On Nov 06, 2021
You just Dey lie kakaflex
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by APCNig: 9:29am On Nov 06, 2021
dasparrow:

Take it to the Lord Jehovah God in prayer and may He direct your path. My humble submission.

Jehovah gave him the job, that's a valid confirmation. Leave Jehovah to answer other people's prayers including mine and yours.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by CAPTIVATOR: 9:29am On Nov 06, 2021
lordmayor2013:
Everybody just dey lie

This guy grin
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by kinethic: 9:30am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

You don’t just quit a job with only congratulatory messages.
The company must prepare other documents to officially proved you are really employed for application of visa in Canadian embassy. Even at that make sure the documents are genuine by doing proper investigations.
As your heart is jumping you might be heading to a shady deal which you will regret later.
Canada is not as easy as many claims.
Calm down and use your brain.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Raalsalghul: 9:30am On Nov 06, 2021
TripleOh7:

Why do I think this is a scam?

Don't resign your Naija job yet. Even if the company is going to apply for a visa for you, it's a tedious process which will take a while because that company has to convince the Canadian government that nobody in Canada can do that job they are offering you.

Accept their job offer and wait for them to help you process the visa.

Once they ask you for some money to process something, run oooooo because na scam. Na that money they wan scam off you.

Kakaflex, please take this advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Monizaza: 9:32am On Nov 06, 2021
Don't overthink bro.

Just japa and gtf outa this shithole of a country.

I mean japa!
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by APCNig: 9:33am On Nov 06, 2021
justwise:

This is just the first phase of the scam, next phase is to use visa application to milk you as much as you allow them.

There is no job here, just your money.

Don't leave your real job in Nigeria for non-existing job in Canada.

The closest you will get to Canada is Nigerian airport.

Village people, God pass una
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 06, 2021
Op wonderful advises up there. May God help you to make the best decision

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by APCNig: 9:34am On Nov 06, 2021
Raalsalghul:

Kakaflex, please take this advice.

Village pipu, you don reach here
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Subsea101: 9:36am On Nov 06, 2021
Repeat after me... "This suffer don tired me", poverty die in Jesus name.

Thats an opportunity of a life time, people will give a lot to have that platter of gold given to them. Don't be scared of taking chances, no, this is an extremely good chance/opportunity. Baba don't sleep on this

kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by mofedamijo(m): 9:36am On Nov 06, 2021
DropsMic:

A typical reply from a typical black man. No reasoning, just straight up take it to the lord in prayer. And we all wonder why our region is a shithole.

How many countries have you been to?

You guys keep talking about black man mentality when someone talks about prayer or God.

Even your dear whites say that a lot. I have been to several countries, dated several races, as a matter of fact, my Caucasian friends makes those statements alot. Any little thing, Mofe take it to God in prayers.

Stop this stereotypical crypto shit...... Its a global thing not a black man thing.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Focusmind: 9:36am On Nov 06, 2021
Nigerians and gullibility!!!

Fake fake and fake!!!

Friends over seas are the ones that runs their friends in Nigeria street because of desperation in an average Nigerian residing here. There is no Job for those with PR and citizens and you are being deceived with a fake offer.
What skills do you have that could make a Canadian employer to take you before those residents in the country? Employers go through a lot to hire a foreigner and some wouldn't want to pass through the stress except if the candidate is highly exceptional.

Be wise o!

4 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Qatar2022: 9:38am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
You will know if it's real when you apply for visa, if they issued you visa then it's real , remove fear go and give yourself real life
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Bikky302(f): 9:40am On Nov 06, 2021
Seems to me like a Tech Job. Go for it if the Job is genuine. Don't resign from your current Job without being issued a work visa sha
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by awuf2008: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2021
I took the above to be a story however, if it is true, my advice is that, you follow your heart
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by BigDawsNet: 9:43am On Nov 06, 2021
Your food never done, you dey ask if he sweet

You have just gone tru stage 1 which is offer of employment

Stage 2 should be visa sponsorship

Stage 3 you travel

Let us guess your employer knew you are from Africa and you will be needing a visa assistant...so go and get it done...come back here and we will advice you on how to manage your new life that's only if you come clean about your monthly intake after tax....

Goodluck
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by menacity(m): 9:44am On Nov 06, 2021
My brother if it is genuine Japa without thinking twice

kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by clothingonline(m): 9:49am On Nov 06, 2021
Show us mail evidence

Affordable men clothing payment on delivery 4K only

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by hfaith: 9:49am On Nov 06, 2021
Someone has said that you should get sponsorship visa and also you have everything at hand before you resign.

quote author=kakaflex post=107367335]Good

Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help[/quote]
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by McStoic(m): 9:49am On Nov 06, 2021
eventainment:
You no fit take emergency leave for your work. Process document to back am up. Then move go there check how the job be. If e clear to you send resignation letter via email

Exactly!
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by dheolexaone(f): 9:49am On Nov 06, 2021
Please ensure your visa is secured from them first and even if secured, apply for an emergency work leave for a month while you use that period to travel and see how the job goes if you can adapt,if yes, move on wt them and if no, move back to ur old job so u don't lose ur job.
E no easy o,you don't value what you have until u lose it, then u will realize that u made a great mistake.

Use ur brain my nigga
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Maj196(m): 9:50am On Nov 06, 2021
That your friend won scam you. Better run
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by sageb: 9:50am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

@modestgal come and advice a brother here
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Kobicove(m): 9:53am On Nov 06, 2021
Make sure you have al your documents including your visa before your resign from your current job undecided
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Bigpapi: 9:55am On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Take the risk and join the billionaires
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by advanceDNA: 9:55am On Nov 06, 2021
chatinent:
Let me see the mail. There's sth I want to check.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by DefJams: 9:58am On Nov 06, 2021
The poster does not sound intelligent from his/her post.

You applied for a job in Canada and did they tell you that they will process all visa and stuff?

Do "friends" of people apply for "jobs" for them?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm / N-Power Application: Have You Been Able To Apply?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.