Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice - Jobs/Vacancies (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice (48784 Views)

Lady Quits Bank Job After Getting Offer In Dubai, Gets There & Told No More Work / Immigration Or DSS (Urgent Advice Needed) / Lady Confronts An Able-Bodied Beggar Who Rejected Her N35k Job Offer In Ajah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by linearity: 1:06pm On Nov 06, 2021
franchasng:
Any foreign company that offers you a job outside your country must help you process a work permit and of course visa. No Canadian company will offer you a job without helping you or guiding you on how to secure visa.

And most jobs in Canada and other developed countries will require foreign applicants to register with their professional body in charge of that job sector in order to qualify to practice in that country, and if you are not fully registered with the job sector's regulatory body, there is no way Canadian government or Immigration will recognize the job offer to even talk of issuing you a work visa to enter Canada because it means you do not have the required qualification to practice in their country. It is mostly Asian countries that can issue jobs to foreigners without the foreigner registering with their regulatory bodies, I doubt such applies to Europe or Canada or Australia, etc.

Also do note that not all companies in Canada or the US have the license or permit to employ foreigner and issue i-20 form in the case of USA. Same applies to schools, not all schools are qualified to issue that form to foreign or international students.

Be careful that stuff looks like an organized work visa scam.

Ask them for your visa or how to secure your visa.

But if the job is real, please fly leave that your 210k job, that one no follow, you can't compare it to a job in Canada or any other developed country okay

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about.

I-20 is for study in the USA and has nothing to do with hiring foreigners even in the USA.

Foreign companies don’t care about your affiliation with professional bodies in home country. And most jobs don’t even require such affiliation inside that country. Only artisans, certain technicians, medicals, are required to have licenses or permits locally in the foreigner country.

You do not need a license or permit as a company in the USA or Canada to hire from abroad…the company just have to follow the laws eg by advertising locally first, filing paperwork that they could not find suitable candidates locally, etc….there also a quota per year depending on the job category.

Canada and USA handle it differently in terms of the process and on how to get a visa.

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by franchasng: 1:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
linearity:

You clearly don’t know what you are talking about.

I-20 is for study in the USA and has nothing to do with hiring foreigners even in the USA.

Foreign companies don’t care about your affiliation with professional bodies in home country. And most jobs don’t even require such affiliation inside that country. Only artisans, certain technicians, medicals, are required to have licenses or permits locally in the foreigner country.

You do not need a license or permit as a company in the USA or Canada to hire from abroad…the company just have to follow the laws eg by advertising locally first, filing paperwork that they could not find suitable candidates locally, etc….there also a quota per year depending on the job category.

Canada and USA handle it differently in terms of the process and on how to get a visa.
I stated that it's applicable to study in US, go back and read again boy.

Most professional jobs in developed countries require you to register with the professional body, this is applicable in my engineering field, in my wife's medical field.

I stated it clearly that most professional jobs.

I wonder the job a Canadian company would need to hire a foreigner without the foreign professional not being screened to know if his or her education and experience matches that of Canada to show he can deliver on the job according to Canadian standard.

Maybe you can enlighten us so I can learn you know

2 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by ajl: 1:15pm On Nov 06, 2021
HEAVEN4444:
Let me tell you whats happening here. there are many nigerins who find themselves in new york and discover its a tough place to survive. like 10 of them live in an apartment in brooklyn so they can share the 3000 dollars a month rent. so am assuming this your friend is going through hard times and he remembers that you are in naija with a good job and he can milk you.

first off, unless you are some kind of expert brain surgeon there is no job in canada that will hire you from nigeria.

VERDICT ? that your friend in new york wan run you street

What a comment. You are God that can read the mind of people and see all their acts. Like America, Canada bring in a lot of skilled migrants and give them job offer directly from their home countries. The same way brilliant Nigerians are offered scholarships to come do masters or PhD in Canada, it's possible to get job offer directly if you have an impressive CV. No Canadian company will ask you to pay a fee or anything. Make sure you get an offer letter that state your salary and job conditions. Ignore all the negative comments here but not the logical critiques. If you wish, only discuss about the possibility of the company applying for permanent residency status for you after they issue your offer letter. It is not essential for the company to apply for you because the government already have a program in place for foreign skilled workers already working in Canada. Go check the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration agency website as I advised earlier, and look for the pages for skilled workers wanting to migrate to Canada.

4 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by ajl: 1:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
franchasng:

Most professional jobs in developed countries require you to register with the professional body, this is applicable in my engineering field, in my wife's medical field.

I wonder the job a Canadian company would need to hire a foreigner without the foreign professional not being screened to know if his or her education and experience matches that of Canada to show he can deliver on the job according to Canadian standard.

Too much self doubts among Nigerian youths. Things are not as complicated as you guys are painting it. First, the guy didn't state that he is an engineer or medical doctor. Jobs at entry level are often not offered on the basis of being a member of a professional body. Even mid-level jobs for someone moving from another field, it is often clearly stated if you need to be member of a professional body. For someone coming from another country, it will only be possible on arrival after starting work. And this only apply to professional jobs like engineering and others.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by maziude: 1:22pm On Nov 06, 2021
Op,

Were you issued an LMIA?

kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

I currently work in a company and my monthly take home is 210k. A friend helped me to apply for a Job in Canada, I did the interview Last Month and I was sent a congratulatry message Yesterday from the Company to start work in Canada.

Am having little fears, have not been to Canada, I don't know how they operate, I don't have family there, my friend that applied for me stays in New York.

What if I go and things didn't work out fine, I lose my 210k job and lose Canada job.

Pls should i do. Help

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by SIRTee15: 1:28pm On Nov 06, 2021
franchasng:

Most IT jobs don't need certification. Once they realise u are good n have the necessary skills, they will hire u.
But I agree with what u said about the visa processing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by EbiJUNIRO(m): 1:29pm On Nov 06, 2021
urgent advice does not make any difference as at now. You needed to explore the world, now you see opportunity to grab and learn therein, you are scared. gather extra money and move.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by franchasng: 1:31pm On Nov 06, 2021
SIRTee15:

Most IT jobs don't need certification. Once they realise u are good in what u do n have the necessary skills, they will hire u.
But I agree with what u said about the visa processing.
Now I see. New lesson learnt, thanks
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by franchasng: 1:33pm On Nov 06, 2021
ajl:

Too much self doubts among Nigerian youths. Things are not as complicated as you guys are painting it. First, the guy didn't state that he is an engineer or medical doctor. Jobs at entry level are often not offered on the basis of being a member of a professional body. Even mid-level jobs for someone moving from another field, it is often clearly stated if you need to be member of a professional body. For someone coming from another country, it will only be possible on arrival after starting work. And this only apply to professional jobs like engineering and others.
lol, you are right.

But the whole thing sound scammy to me sha
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by Ekpekus(m): 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2021
cayorday89:

Congrats to you OP, you can contact this woman on Facebook, Omobolanle Adeyemo Omoby, she can help you out with more details, as she is based in Canada and works in a multinational company there. She helps people out with relocating to Canada. You can checkout her wall then if you are convinced message her.
Don't listen to this person... you can access any information from the official Canadian government website.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by SIRTee15: 1:38pm On Nov 06, 2021
theamazonguru:

Hey listen to me.
Don't waste time. Pack your load and go.
You have nothing to be afraid of.
An acquaintance of mine got a $10,000/ month Job with Amazon in the US. He was even asked to choose between working form home, anywhere in the world or at the head office. Guy chose to work from the head office because he wanted to face all the challenge possible and of course enjoy networking.
Note: The job was not what he has any knowledge of, but he was trained on the job for 6 months and dude is doing great now.

Are you afraid of facing new challenges?
Then you ain't ready to move to your next financial level.
Leave your comfort zone my dear.
Go and maximize your God given potential.
Be strong and courageous. Go and take over the land.

Congratulations.

Did he get the Amazon job from Nigeria.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by elbulk(m): 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

I currently work in a company and my monthly take home is 210k. A friend helped me to apply for a Job in Canada, I did the interview Last Month and I was sent a congratulatry message Yesterday from the Company to start work in Canada.

Am having little fears, have not been to Canada, I don't know how they operate, I don't have family there, my friend that applied for me stays in New York.

What if I go and things didn't work out fine, I lose my 210k job and lose Canada job.

Pls should i do. Help

Get all the details and terms of service. Are they sponsoring your migration?
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by BlessedOne259: 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2021
ajl:

What a comment. You are God that can read the mind of people and see all their acts. Like America, Canada bring in a lot of skilled migrants and give them job offer directly from their home countries. The same way brilliant Nigerians are offered scholarships to come do masters or PhD in Canada, it's possible to get job offer directly if you have an impressive CV. No Canadian company will ask you to pay a fee or anything. Make sure you get an offer letter that state your salary and job conditions. Ignore all the negative comments here but not the logical critiques. If you wish, only discuss about the possibility of the company applying for permanent residency status for you after they issue your offer letter. It is not essential for the company to apply for you because the government already have a program in place for foreign skilled workers already working in Canada. Go check the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration agency website as I advised earlier, and look for the pages for skilled workers wanting to migrate to Canada.

Recently, Canada has not been bring people in. I have never heard of anyone offered employment by Canadian federal or provincial government while they were still in their home countries. The majority of those immigrated and got employed by the government are offered contract/temporary appointments for a start. The Job Bank account creation during the PR application process does not mean the government offers people jobs in their home countries.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by elbulk(m): 1:46pm On Nov 06, 2021
ednut1:
cheap scam, start work in Canada without getting visa for you first. There is no job in Canada waiting for you. Na yahoo boys you dey chat

To get a work visa you must first of all get employment. This is different from the PR route.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by AnthonyAk(m): 1:49pm On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Ur friend doesn't even live in Canada but you got a job there? What's the company called? Who did you interview with?

Need to do the needful before packing your load

3 Likes

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by aimalohi: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2021
If the job u r doing here in nigeria is a gov hob go for 2years without pay leave
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by ednut1(m): 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2021
elbulk:

To get a work visa you must first of all get employment. This is different from the PR route.
learn how to read. Getting a job offer does not mean visa will be approved. They have told him to come resume work before getting visa, its all a scam. They will ask him to pay to their so called immigration agent

1 Like

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by HEAVEN4444: 2:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
ajl:

This man make dem no run you street ooo. me i done talk my own
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by nnamdi65(m): 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2021
You're absolutely right.

Request for letter of sponsorship and use it to apply for visa.

We can assist you in the visa process after getting a letter of sponsorship or letter of employment.
Visit us ta B13 Amac Plaza zone 3 Abuja or call me on 07030731544.

Don't resign till you get the whole process complete
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by lookingfly: 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2021
eventainment:
You no fit take emergency leave for your work. Process document to back am up. Then move go there check how the job be. If e clear to you send resignation letter via email
some people go de talk like say flight ticket money na to enter ogun from Lagos.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by TK9680: 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
Did you pay money for this interview? Do you have some special skills?
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by linearity: 2:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
franchasng:

It is great that, you now realize that I-20 is only applicable to study in the USA, but that was not what you originally conveyed...this is what you stated in bold...

Also do note that not all companies in Canada or the US have the license or permit to employ foreigner and issue i-20 form in the case of USA. Same applies to schools, not all schools are qualified to issue that form to foreign or international students.

You made reference to the I-20 in the sentence regarding foreign employment, in the next sentence you then stated that same is applicable to education.

Again, most foreign professional jobs do not require their international hires to be affiliated with their foreign country professional bodies. Standards differ from country to country....As an Engineer coming from Nigeria to the USA, your COREN registration is of little or zero value in the USA, as Engineering standards in the USA are different.

Also, most Engineers in the USA are not registered with any professional body in the USA, the hiring company determines their criteria for hiring and only requires local USA licenses and permits for certain jobs that interact with public safety and the Government.

For Educational sufficiency, USA and Canadian company uses third-party verification companies like wes.org, eriec.ca, etc.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by ednut1(m): 2:46pm On Nov 06, 2021
cayorday89:

Congrats to you OP, you can contact this woman on Facebook, Omobolanle Adeyemo Omoby, she can help you out with more details, as she is based in Canada and works in a multinational company there. She helps people out with relocating to Canada. You can checkout her wall then if you are convinced message her.
she charges 10k per hour. She is not a licensed consultant too. She is not helping anyone

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by franchasng: 2:53pm On Nov 06, 2021
linearity:

It is great that, you now realize that I-20 is only applicable to study in the USA, but that was not what you originally conveyed...this is what you stated in bold...

You made reference to the I-20 in the sentence regarding foreign employment, in the next sentence you then stated that same is applicable to education.

Again, most foreign professional jobs do not require their international hires to be affiliated with their foreign country professional bodies. Standards differ from country to country....As an Engineer coming from Nigeria to the USA, your COREN registration is of little or zero value in the USA, as Engineering standards in the USA are different.

Also, most Engineers in the USA are not registered with any professional body in the USA, the hiring company determines their criteria for hiring and only requires local USA licenses and permits for certain jobs that interact with public safety and the Government.

For Educational sufficiency, USA and Canadian company uses third-party verification companies like wes.org, eriec.ca, etc.

I feel lazy to type long comments nowadays, I know what to write but I am lazy to start typing in full.

I have gotten a job outside Nigeria before and I have a lot of friends working abroad who got hired from Nigeria, so I am not just talking like a newbie.

I maybe lazy to type but doesn't mean I don't know what I am talking about.

All you said are correct. But to work in Canada or Australia as an Engineer, you must register with a body, just like Doctors and Nurses do.

Tired of typing sir grin
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by franchasng: 2:56pm On Nov 06, 2021
ednut1:
learn how to read. Getting a job offer does not mean visa will be approved. They have told him to come resume work before getting visa, its all a scam. They will ask him to pay to their so called immigration agent
You understand this scam very well. I am tired of typing lol
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by infix123: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
I have been in Canada for 4 years and I know quite a lot about happening here. There is absolutely nothing to fear, you just need to display an excellent attitude towards your work and you will be fine.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by mikkyt(m): 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
Manchester united fans are already going spiritual on this ole out matter �������
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vw4bRsSQxk
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by shomutuski(m): 3:12pm On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

reject the offer nah. see mumu question, no be your mate they go abroad.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by darmywealth: 3:20pm On Nov 06, 2021
You got what others are craving and praying for I will advise you face you fears and go to canada...for those that wanna move to canada with family included kindly watsapp me on how to go about it on 08055743619
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by deltaprincess(f): 3:30pm On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Stay in Nigeria
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by cayorday89(m): 4:37pm On Nov 06, 2021
ednut1:
she charges 10k per hour. She is not a licensed consultant too. She is not helping anyone
Yeah, she made the announcement few months ago, reason why I said if the op checks her wall and gets convinced, he can contact her. She could help with first hand info since the OP is skeptical about the whole thing.
Re: I Got A Job Offer In Canada, I Need Urgent Advice by IykeBazz(m): 4:40pm On Nov 06, 2021
kakaflex:
Good Evening Everyone.

Pls should i do. Help

Kindly send me there

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Top 10 "Menial Jobs" In Nigeria That Surprisingly Pay Well / Entry Level Inventory Analyst In An Oil And Gas Firm / N-Power Application: Have You Been Able To Apply?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.