Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,383 members, 7,812,130 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:43 AM

£20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! (2596 Views)

Grammy Winner Mandisa Dies At Age 47: 'She Is With The God She Sang About' / @NaijaCuzin & @Popsmoke2 Winners (£10 Each) Congratulations - GIVEAWAY CLOSED!! / Jesus FC VS Naija Church Leaders UNITED: And The Winner Is...Jesus Of Course!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

£20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Nobody: 10:14am On Nov 06, 2021
Hello Nairalanders 

I often do my giveaways on Facebook but this time, I’m running my first giveaway on Nairaland because currently, Nairaland is the No. 1 most watched EXTERNAL SOURCE on my YouTube channel (1 Minute With Tina) - https://www.youtube.com/c/1MinuteWithTina - (Facebook is 4th). 

1 Minute With Tina began back in 2017 after a harrowing time. I thought it was the worse period of my life not realising God had much better plans for me. 

They meant it for evil, but God meant it for good. 

QUESTION: What harrowing time turned out to later be a blessing to you? 

RULES: 
PRIZE: £20 (1winner)
CLOSING TIME: 5p.m today, UK time (which I think is 6p.m Nigerian time)
The story with the most likes by 5p.m, wins the prize so get your friends to like your story.
The competition is open to everyone. 
(I’ve posted it on the religion forum because I spend more time here).
Rude comments from the spaghetti gang will be ignored.
Good luck and God bless. 

Ps. If you are in doubt and want to check me out on FB, here I am: https://www.facebook.com/OneMinuteWithTina

Remember guys, the story with the most likes wins.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by illicit(m): 10:18am On Nov 06, 2021
Pls I need your likes on the link below to win a prize

Click this link

Link : https://www.nairaland.com/6837037/20-giveaway-closes-5p.m-uk#107374895

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 06, 2021
illicit:
undecided

What's the face for?
Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by illicit(m): 10:31am On Nov 06, 2021
PastorM:

What's the face for?

When I was at uni

I had a friend, a girl, a junior in my department.
She was eloquent so I made her join our debate club because I was the president of the debate club

There were times when I helped her financially because she doesn't have much and she also works as a paralegal

I didn't have much too but I still helped her and sometimes her friend witness all these, we were just friends, nothing more

One time, we went for a competition
We won. I was the chief speaker and she was the supporting speaker
We were given money, a check. We were to share this money. 50:50 according to what the departmental president told me when I gave him the report

I had trouble cashing it, but much later I managed to convert it to fund to be transferred to my account.

Meanwhile I gave her some money from my own pocket pending the time I will cash that money

She knew all this

At this time I was contesting for a position in my department and I had rivals even outright enemies
This girl knew them, she was very close to me

Did you know that this girl went to tell these people that I embezzled department money and she was going to give them evidence?

I was not aware of all these but it got to the president of my department and he invited her
She told him, that I kept a departmental prize to myself
Whereas she didn't know that the president actually told me to split the money with her

She didn't even give me a slightest hint of what she was doing behind me, infact my rivals had taken the case to student affairs and she had been booked for an interview which she willingly obliged to go

The president asked her not to go until he gets to the root of the matter, then he invited me and told me what the girl has been saying behind me, he asked if we had any quarrel

I said there's none I can think of, I informed him that I wasn't able to cash the cheque because the name on it was inconsistent.
He understood. He was a friend too. ...

I didn't let her know that I had learnt of her shenanigans but I was very worried because she was very close to me and she was seeking and plotting for my expulsion because of a sum of money that I have given her more than that severally....
I once gave her money to cook for her dad when he visited, she asked me for it and I gave her in presence of her friend
I remembered all these and cried

I took my own money and invited her with her friend to an eatery

When they came, I talked about loyalty generally

Then I told her I have cashed the cheque

I gave her her share.

Her friend started crying and she started crying too....

Her friend told her to apologise

She told me she had offended me and her friend had not let her rest....

She told me everything including the fact that my rivals had given her some money and even advised her to tell student affairs that I was threatening her life undecided

I recorded the conversations secretly as advised by the departmental president and I played it to him after the meeting....

I don't know what the president did but few days to the erection, sorry, election tongue my rivals stepped down unconditionally and I was elected to that position unopposed

I became Honorable speaker

51 Likes 8 Shares

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by TarOrfeeek: 10:39am On Nov 06, 2021
The day I sheet inside my school uniform. On the first day of JSS1, in a new school, no friends and language barrier.

And guess what, we were writing English 1st term Examinations and I had not done Midterm test.

The fear of failure gave me instant diarrhea. I had to even summon courage to ask invigilator for permission to visit the toilet.

Met the toilet in a sordid mess, before I could manage to use the filthy place, the big ball of vegetable filled sheet just rolled down the right leg of my trouser, wham! grin

That was the day I knew 4 meta - is a metaphor.

angry

5 Likes

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 06, 2021
illicit:

I am thinking of an harrowing experience

OK, you still have time to come up with something.
Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by PlayMaker14: 10:45am On Nov 06, 2021
It was when I wanted to travel out of this country few years ago for an English teaching job in Vietnam, I saved alot for this, starved myself just to achieve this purpose.

My cousin who resides at Cambodia offered to help me with the visa application, so we started the process. He directed me on the procedures I will follow in Nigeria. From going to the Ministry of Education for academic attestation, National Hospital in Abuja for Medical and fitness test and to the Vietnam Embassy at Abuja, all these I did and send it to him. He then sent me the employment letter from one school at Hanoi and told me to send N720,000 (almost $2k) to finalize the process, I never doubted him then and I sent him the money thinking all is in order.

After sending him that amount, he called me on video chat that he is on his way to the school to inform them that I would be coming soon. I still believe him because Cambodia is very close to Vietnam and he was my cousin. I saw the video of him entering the school building, and that made me happy, to cut the long story short, he demanded for another money, and I have to sell my land I hustled to buy and gave him the money to clear everything. One month turned into 6, he stopped communicating with me, I was angry and went to report him to his father (my uncle) but dude refuse to reply any of us.

I fell to square one, account turn red and I was depressed.... Money, time and TRUST wasted. Had to relocate to Warri from Asaba, there, I squatted with a childhood friend... Sometimes, when his girlfriend comes visiting, I will sleep on the bare floor or go to a church nearby to sleep just to give them privacy. Though he never subscribe for me to sleep outside, but as a dude that respect privacy, I just have to.

While I was thinking for a way to end it all, 2019, God showed his face, I applied for a job at a travel agency, at first, I never stood a chance because some graduates from Madonna University and Uniport also applied with a better CV than mine, but I got the job as the Reservation Officer, though the pay is not up to 50k but I am grateful to God for using that to encourage me to keep pushing, I rented my own apartment after saving and I appreciated my friend the little way I can for helping me.

As if that was not enough, my uncle called me to the village and said I should follow him somewhere, when we got there, it was a land and he told me that I can have it and develop it. At first, I was surprised, but he said I shouldn't be, I inquired to know who owns it and why I am getting it for free, he said it belongs to one of our late Aunty who was my God mother, she never had any child before she departed. A very big land grin

God is alive and he never fails.

92 Likes 14 Shares

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by InfernoNig: 11:07am On Nov 06, 2021
About 5years ago, I badly need to get licensed as an Aircraft Engineer, but had no fund as the cost to run the program at zaria will cost me about a million +.

I had no one to fund me, so I prayed to God for a miracle.

About a day or two, I had this gut feeling to go to Lagos and apply directly at NCAA annex, I reluctantly did. Stayed at a friend's parents house as I did not have anywhere to put up. Went to NCAA, applied with the logging I got from Nigeria Air force (served with them as an Aircraft Technician) and waited.

I received a called a day later from the Licensing department from the Head himself asking me to appear and explain my application, I went and did my interview with him. He bluntly rejected my application as he said the Aircraft I trained with was a military Aircraft, I was devasted but still had the feeling to reapply. I went back to where I was putting up.

The following day, I received another call from another engineer that my application, was on his table, that I should come to the office and defend it, I went with the hope that this time it will work, but it didn't as the man then decided to stamp rejected on my application. For the second time, I was totally demoralized. I got back home and just decided to go back to my state the following day as things didn't work out as I thought.

The following day while preparing for my journey, I received a call from the Head of the department, he was extremely pissed and asked who stamped rejected on my application, when he is not through with me, I explained to him, recounting the event, to be honest, the man was really mad, and told me to see him the following day at his office at about 9am prompt, not to be late.

I was confused and scared as I don't know what will happen. So I prayed about it. Next day I was there as early as 8am. When the head of the department arrived, he attended to me first, he was very kind towards me unlike the first time, asked me a few questions, stamped approved on my application and told me to wait for my name to be shortlisted for the exams and interview.

God did it, worked in mysterious ways, used two people to help me get licensed without spending money on course training.

6months after, I got licensed.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Ayo081(m): 11:57am On Nov 06, 2021
What about us going through the time now and dunno if it'll turn out to be a blessing or not? grin
Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by PlayMaker14: 12:12pm On Nov 06, 2021
Davash222/Kriss216, Payporte, DownChelsea, Miller232 wizygreat2000, Kingdemu, OGmoney1960, zyxzxx, Sonnobax15, Aguwanyi, Kbm123, Bastielo1, AdetayoS, Candidlady, Supreme145, id4sho, NewSoul, Mvena, lilvicky68, Priceaction, WorkBank, Fulaniherdsmens, ambitiouschap17, JAOS, supernov1, Isah2006, BeRightBack, ChimaObison, Amakachris95, Chameleon98, Teepy0392, tonak, AbdulAkpan, 3plet, Piroll, mukina2 abeg help your brother. smiley

2 Likes

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Davash222(m): 12:42pm On Nov 06, 2021
Playmaker14, done blood.

Ikillbrokehoes
Thatfairguy1 Thatfairguy
Mariahangel

Please, you guys should help click a like on Playmaker14 post.

Thanks my people.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Nobody: 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2021
Keep 'em coming. I'm enjoying the stories and I'm giving every entrant one vote i.e. one like grin

At the moment, playmaker is leading with 13 likes but it's not over.
Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Eagle360(m): 2:13pm On Nov 06, 2021
Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
PastorM:
Hello Nairalanders 

I often do my giveaways on Facebook but this time, I’m running my first giveaway on Nairaland because currently, Nairaland is the No. 1 most watched EXTERNAL SOURCE on my YouTube channel (1 Minute With Tina) - https://www.youtube.com/c/1MinuteWithTina - (Facebook is 4th). 

1 Minute With Tina began back in 2017 after a harrowing time. I thought it was the worse period of my life not realising God had much better plans for me. 

They meant it for evil, but God meant it for good. 

QUESTION: What harrowing time turned out to later be a blessing to you? 

RULES: 
PRIZE: £20 (1winner)
CLOSING TIME: 5p.m today, UK time (which I think is 6p.m Nigerian time)
The story with the most likes by 5p.m, wins the prize so get your friends to like your story.
The competition is open to everyone. 
(I’ve posted it on the religion forum because I spend more time here).
Rude comments from the spaghetti gang will be ignored.
Good luck and God bless. 

Ps. If you are in doubt and want to check me out on FB, here I am: https://www.facebook.com/OneMinuteWithTina

Remember guys, the story with the most likes wins.

Unfortunately,
My answer to your question is none

Since the day I was born,
No harrowing time has turn out a blessing for me

Cursed Be The Day I Was Born

Cursed Be The Day I Will Die
Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Nobody: 2:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
Crystyano:

Unfortunately,
My answer to your question is none

Since the day I was born,
No harrowing time has turn out a blessing for me

Cursed Be The Day I Was Born

Cursed Be The Day I Will Die

Whilst there is life, there is hope. Don't give up. I have grown up kids and in my final year of a BA Hons course. It's never too late.

4 Likes

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
Get dem entries in, guys.

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by ashatoda: 3:10pm On Nov 06, 2021
I remember once when I was attending a particular church I spent 9 years at that church and I don't doubt the calling of the pastor till date. He's truly called but his character is totally off it.
I was one of his ordained evangelists and also in charge of the Sunday School department. I write the Sunday School lessons, type on the computer, photo copy and bring to the church. They pay for the photocopying while other forms of things I do I believe I do for God. My wife was a part of the choir and we do have 4 vigils week in and week out.
Monday is departmental vigil, Wednesday general workers vigil, Friday general vigil, Saturday Ministers vigil. This is how it goes every week.
I knew something was off but couldn't place a hand on it and the difference in ideology was becoming more prominent and was just wondering how to leave.
One day my wife was discussing with me and she made mention of something that caught my attention. She said she's always afraid whenever she wants to minister as a choir. I was baffled, how could the Spirit of God move when you the minister is living in fear. Then she said Daddy always come on podium immediately after she ministers and starts ridiculing her ministration publicly before the church. I worship in a different branch where the pastor's wife also worship.
I was so angry and decided to leave. It was after leaving that I got to know the sort of person I take as my pastor. He is a dubious person who displays certain form of holiness. Moreso, it was after I left that I got to know that most of the things he tells us about some of his pastor friends weren't the real story. He only picks the part that he feels suits his outlook and start sharing it to us.
To cap it all it was after I left that I felt what it was for a pastor to pray evil prayers over someone. It really shook my faith but I thank God for restoring me

8 Likes

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by advanceDNA: 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2021
So a day has finally come on this nairaland when likes will turn to money....

Fantabulous

3 Likes

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 06, 2021
At the moment, this is the leaderboard (all could still change). There was a clear winner on one of my Facebook giveaways, people were even congratulating the person, then within the last 10 minutes of the draw, things changed. Everyone was shocked.

Playmaker 14 – 15 likes
Illicit - 12 likes
Growthplug – 2 likes
InfernoNig – 2 likes
Ashatoda – 1 like

2 Likes

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by illicit(m): 3:18pm On Nov 06, 2021
Pls click this link and like the post there
https://www.nairaland.com/6837037/20-giveaway-closes-5p.m-uk#107374895
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
illicit:

I don't understand o

Sorry, thanks for drawing my attention. I've amended. You're currently in 2nd place grin
Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by illicit(m): 3:21pm On Nov 06, 2021
PastorM:

Sorry, thanks for drawing my attention. I've amended. You're currently in 2nd place grin

grin

1 Like

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Nobody: 3:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
Leaderboard:

Playmaker14 – 15 likes
Illicit - 12 likes
Growthplug – 2 likes
InfernoNig – 2 likes
Ashatoda – 1 like
Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Payporte: 3:32pm On Nov 06, 2021
Done
Cc playmaker
Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by PlayMaker14: 3:33pm On Nov 06, 2021
Payporte:
Done
Cc playmaker
I appreciate bro.
Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Kingdemu: 3:48pm On Nov 06, 2021
PlayMaker14:
Davash222/Kriss216, Payporte, DownChelsea, Miller232 wizygreat2000, Kingdemu, OGmoney1960 abeg help your brother. smiley

Done bro
Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by PlayMaker14: 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2021
Kingdemu:
Done bro
Many thanks my bro.
Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 06, 2021
The leaderboard. It’s still anyone’s game.
Playmaker14 – 27 likes
Illicit – 19 likes
InfernoNig – 3 likes
Growthplug – 2 likes
Ashatoda – 1 like

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Fapemz: 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2021
Uncle good morning, we never see your post on WhatsApp today. Hope you are OK sir.

Me: Hmm... Aburo, na serious matter oo. It was serious last night at my neighbour's residence .

Around 8 p.m., he saw a snake in the living room, so he called everyone to come and help kill the snake. You know how African solidarity works. We each arrived with a big stick in hand, a total of 7 fellows. Once in the living room, we saw the big snake looking at us, we closed the doors and surrounded it.

We said to the snake: "your own don finish". It curled up. As everyone advanced towards it for the kill, Boooom!!! NEPA STRUCK! ...

Pandamonium! It was "save yourself if you can" in the living room. We no longer knew where the snake was and where the exits were. When someone touches you a little, you hit with the stick, thinking it was the snake. Screams, injuries, pains, followed ... I got out of there miraculously but with a broken arm, two broken teeth, torn t-shirt and a swollen head.

I believe this snake works with "NEPA."

NEPA DON KILL US OOO!

To avoid dangerous situations like this, get yourself an MPS to keep the light on always and a lot more. Check it out at www.cooldipo.com and make your enquiry via: +23480..6531..630.7

1 Like

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2021
Fapemz:

I believe this snake works with "NEPA."

NEPA DON KILL US OOO!

Hilarious story but it won't win you the prize grin

2 Likes

Re: £20 Giveaway. CLOSED. Winner is: Playmaker14. Congratulations!! by Fapemz: 4:35pm On Nov 06, 2021
PastorM:

Hilarious story but it won't win you the prize grin

That is okay, at least i made you smile and informed you about what i sell grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Are Nigerian Pastors Not Scared Of The Wrath Of God / Is Yahweh The True God? / If You Are A Christian And Spread Mama G.O Meme, You Are A Fool(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.