Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,884 members, 7,828,142 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? (1594 Views)

Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? / What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / Which Country To Migrate To With N4 Million? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Princedapace(m): 10:03am On Nov 07, 2021
which African country's capital is okay for a Nigerian freelancer to migrate to?
Is there any African capital that offers safety, good living standard and quite affordable that a freelancer from Nigeria can move to?

1 Like

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Landnaira5: 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2021
Princedapace:
which African country's capital is okay for a Nigerian freelancer to migrate to?
Is there any African capital that offers safety, good living standard and quite affordable that a freelancer from Nigeria can move to?

Go to Europe. There’s many options
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by GeneralDae: 5:56pm On Nov 07, 2021
Princedapace:
Why did you choose Africa? I'm not against your decision, just curious.
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by JapaProfessor: 6:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
Kigali, Rwanda

Dakar, Senegal

Kampala, Uganda.

1 Like

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Princedapace(m): 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2021
Landnaira5:

Go to Europe. There’s many options

I don't like Europe. And I'm interested in building tech business in Africa. Not looking for work.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Princedapace(m): 6:48pm On Nov 07, 2021
GeneralDae:

Why did you choose Africa? I'm not against your decision, just curious.

Because I don't like Europeans. I am into tech and more interested in building tech services for africa.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:51pm On Nov 07, 2021
Princedapace:

Because I don't like Europeans. I am into tech and more interested in building tech services for africa.

grin grin grin grin grin grin this is so funny seeing that Africans are the poorest people in the world cheesy cheesy
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Landnaira5: 6:54pm On Nov 07, 2021
Princedapace:

I don't like Europe. And I'm interested in building tech business in Africa. Not looking for work.

Nobody asked you to look for work, if you’re not interested in Europe that’s okay. There’s many freelance visa options in Europe.
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Princedapace(m): 6:59pm On Nov 07, 2021
Landnaira5:

Nobody asked you to look for work, if you’re not interested in Europe that’s okay. There’s many freelance visa options in Europe.

But I didn't ask for Europe na.. Nigerians sef..

I said Africa, if u don't know anyone, u can skip the thread bro. Thanks

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Princedapace(m): 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

grin grin grin grin grin grin this is so funny seeing that Africans are the poorest people in the world cheesy cheesy

Yea.. But everyone is not poor in Africa. And everyone is not rich in Europe. I don't understand Nigerians. I said Africa, there was no need asking me about that. I would have said Europe if I wanted.
My buisness model is good for the african market.
I'm not hungry, I'm not looking for work. I just wanted a different African capital that is safer. I'm touring Accra now and I love it and there are many Europeans here too.
The problem with many Nigerians is that they can't create jobs. They are always looking for where they will go and work. That is not me. I already built a skillset that I offer across the word. I want to build it further and open a physical centers here.

When u are in a sane African country, and smart, u can live well and earn ur money. It is cheap labour.

9 Likes

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Cousin9999: 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
I think this is a good starting point: internet speed. Here's one list of top speeds:
1. Madagascar
2. Cape Verde
3. Seychelles
4. Ghana
5. South Africa
6. Gabon
7. Liberia
8. Togo
9. Mauritius
10. Senegal

I wouldn't bother with Madagascar or Mauritius because they're infested with Indians. Cape Verde, Ghana, and South Africa have strong Nigerian hostility, so I'd skip those too.

2 Likes

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by tensazangetsu20(m): 7:06pm On Nov 07, 2021
Princedapace:

Yea.. But everyone is not poor in Africa. And everyone is not rich in Europe. I don't understand Nigerians. I said Africa, there was no need asking me about that. I would have said Europe if I wanted.
I'm not hungry, I'm not looking for work. I just wanted a different African capital that is safer. I'm touring Accra now and I love it and there are many Europeans here too.
The problem with many Nigerians is that they can't create jobs. They are always looking for where they will go and work. That is not me. I already built a skillset that I offer across the word. I want to build it further and open a physical centers here.

When u are in a sane African country, and smart, u can live well and earn ur money. It is cheap labour.
Good luck bros
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Cousin9999: 7:13pm On Nov 07, 2021
Luanda (Angola) is supposed to be expensive. I don't know how true that is, but it looks like a fun place with good infrastructure. The internet isn't great, but it has great culture and gorgeous women. It seems pretty international as well, so I imagine doing business is smooth. Definitely worth considering. If nothing else, it's a good vacation.
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by GeneralDae: 7:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

The fact that Africans are poor means there are opportunities to cover new grounds. Abi??

4 Likes

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by GeneralDae: 7:20pm On Nov 07, 2021
Cousin9999:
Luanda (Angola) is supposed to be expensive. I don't know how true that is, but it looks like a fun place with good infrastructure. The internet isn't great, but it has great culture and gorgeous women. It seems pretty international as well, so I imagine doing business is smooth. Definitely worth considering. If nothing else, it's a good vacation.
If you haven't lived there, I'll say don't suggest. The Angolan economy was badly affected by the oil recession in 2015 even more than Nigeria. I don't know about the security situation there though.
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by GeneralDae: 7:27pm On Nov 07, 2021
Princedapace:

But Lagos Nigeria is not that bad though. Hopefully in 2022, the internet connection and electricity gets better (due to ongoing works) as promised by the Lagos state Government. You can make good money in Lagos better than many other African countries (if you are just starting) due to the population factor.

Thereafter you spread your wings to the likes of Namibia, Senegal, Benin, Zambia, Gabon in my opinion. Many Ghanians and Southafricans tend to classify Nigerians broadly under a yardstick, so I don't know if it's advisable to start something there.
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Princedapace(m): 7:32pm On Nov 07, 2021
GeneralDae:

But Lagos Nigeria is not that bad though. Hopefully in 2022, the internet connection and electricity gets better (due to ongoing works) as promised by the Lagos state Government. You can make good money in Lagos better than many other African countries (if you are just starting) due to the population factor.

Thereafter you spread your wings to the likes of Namibia, Senegal, Benin, Zambia, Gabon in my opinion. Many Ghanians and Southafricans tend to classify Nigerians broadly under a yardstick, so I don't know if it's advisable to start something there.

Yea.. But I'm not making money from Nigerians or her population. My clients are abroad based and that Will always form the core part of my business.

Nigeria may go to war. It is unstable with complex ethnic problem birthed by the wicked leaders who have vowed never to be fair in ethnic issues in the country. So, problem go dey dey.

As a tech person, I can make money from Nigerians from anywhere in the world. Just as I can make money from any where in the world. My priority is saner African clime. Nigeria is not sane. It is chaotic. I have been in Accra and no sound of generator set. I have been to two other regions in Ghana on tour and no sound of generator set. Driving is not as chaotic as it is in Nigeria. U get my point now, right?

We are traveling by road and it is late, no one is afraid of being kidnpanned.. In Nigeria, traveling from one state to another at night is like saying ur last prayers. Ur heart will hang.

Nigeria na mad country abeg.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by GeneralDae: 7:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
Princedapace:

Yea.. But I'm not making money from Nigerians or her population. My clients are abroad based and that Will always form the core part of my business.

Nigeria may go to war. It is unstable with complex ethnic problem birthed by the wicked leaders who have vowed never to be fair in ethnic issues in the country. So, problem go dey dey.
But your starting a business anywhere would still be to make profit nah, abi?
Lol, Nigeria would never go to war. Nor be today we start to dey hear that one.
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Princedapace(m): 7:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
GeneralDae:

But your starting a business anywhere would still be to make profit nah, abi?
Lol, Nigeria would never go to war. Nor be today we start to dey hear that one.

My bro, u never can tell. Nigeria is chaotic. I can't travel by road in Nigeria at night without fearing being kidnapped by herdsmen
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by GeneralDae: 7:39pm On Nov 07, 2021
Princedapace:

My bro, u never can tell. Nigeria is chaotic. I can't travel by road in Nigeria at night without fearing being kidnapped by herdsmen
Okay bro I feel you.
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Princedapace(m): 7:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
GeneralDae:

Okay bro I feel you.
The tour group I'm with moves freely in Ghana. Even in villages without any security.

We had to travel 5 hours on road at night with no one scared. No issue. Very few police check points and done orderly. I only saw two for such a long distance.
That can only happen in a relatively peaceful society.
Traveling by road by USA citizens in Nigeria at night is not something any sane persons will want to do.
U see the problem with Nigeria? Generator sound everywhere. So noisy. Omo, Ghana no get money but it is way better than Nigeria. It is saner. And that has opened my eyes to check out other saner African countries. U can't be doing ethnic domination in a multi ethnic country like Nigeria and expect peace. It will always be a chaotic place to live. I mean Nigeria
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by nwadikeokey11: 10:45pm On Nov 07, 2021
Princedapace:

Belove pls ignore them. I created a post here some time ago where I was making enquiry on KIGALI, the capital of Rwanda and some people here insulted me. I had bin there before but moved out to go look for a better money so that I can go back there and invest, cos personally I don't want to live or invest outside Africa. Some guys here started saying trash not knowing that I have bin to most of those their so called super countries of the world but still choose Africa, KIGALI to be precise. That Rwandan capital is the main thing in all indices, in Africa now. Security, power, peace of mind, economy, etc. I'm almost ready to move back there in couple of months. So I will advise u to look in the direction of KIGALI, RWANDA capital. You could make more research and inquiry on that. So many Africans, Nigerians in particular believes that unless Europe, America and some super developed Asian countries they will never make it else where, forgetting that not every one in those countries are rich just as not every one in Africa is poor. If every one in those their edorado countries are rich I wonder why some of their citizens are in Africa and wat they are doing in Africa. Follow where ur heart leads u, bro. Thank u.

2 Likes

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Princedapace(m): 11:16pm On Nov 07, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
Belove pls ignore them. I created a post here some time ago where I was making enquiry on KIGALI, the capital of Rwanda and some people here insulted me. I had bin there before but moved out to go look for a better money so that I can go back there and invest, cos personally I don't want to live or invest outside Africa. Some guys here started saying trash not knowing that I have bin to most of those their so called super countries of the world but still choose Africa, KIGALI to be precise. That Rwandan capital is the main thing in all indices, in Africa now. Security, power, peace of mind, economy, etc. I'm almost ready to move back there in couple of months. So I will advise u to look in the direction of KIGALI, RWANDA capital. You could make more research and inquiry on that. So many Africans, Nigerians in particular believes that unless Europe, America and some super developed Asian countries they will never make it else where, forgetting that not every one in those countries are rich just as not every one in Africa is poor. If every one in those their edorado countries are rich I wonder why some of their citizens are in Africa and wat they are doing in Africa. Follow where ur heart leads u, bro. Thank u.

Lol don't mind them. I also don't want to do any investment outside Africa. I have tech desires.. Working remotely, bring the mk eh home, build one or two things that I can be remembered for. Nigerians are just ingested in looking for work, carry women and fvck

3 Likes

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by nwadikeokey11: 11:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
Princedapace:

Lol don't mind them. I also don't want to do any investment outside Africa. I have tech desires.. Working remotely, bring the mk eh home, build one or two things that I can be remembered for. Nigerians are just ingested in looking for work, carry women and fvck
Na so my brother, read some of their comments in some posts and u will wonder if indeed some of them really have future. Some will be asking to know how sweet the women in those countries are, and whether they carry big nyash and knows how to fu.k well. Very terrible set of people indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Princedapace(m): 11:29pm On Nov 07, 2021
nwadikeokey11:
Na so my brother, read some of their comments in some posts and u will wonder if indeed some of them really have future. Some will be asking to know how sweet the women in those countries are, and whether they carry big nyash and knows how to fu.k well. Very terrible set of people indeed.
grin
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Bifwoli: 12:52am On Nov 08, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

There's millions of Lebanese,Pakistanis,Indians,Chinese ,Europeans,Bangladeshis migrating into Africa -these people see opportunities. You on the other hand you just see poverty.Your brainwashing is really serious.

6 Likes

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by pweetiedee(m): 1:00am On Nov 08, 2021
Princedapace:

grin

Do you still teach coding?
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by Princedapace(m): 10:06am On Nov 08, 2021
pweetiedee:

Do you still teach coding?

Yes
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by TMKsouth: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2021
tensazangetsu20:

This is a very impoverished response you gave, do u know that? Poor people also need tech solutions, like M-pesa money transfers for the unbanked, Please Call Me services for people without airtime, smart irrigation solutions to assist in agriculture, solar options or smart backpacks to plug the electricity deficit.

These were all invented in Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by TMKsouth: 12:09pm On Nov 08, 2021
Cousin9999:
I think this is a good starting point: internet speed. Here's one list of top speeds:
1. Madagascar
2. Cape Verde
3. Seychelles
4. Ghana
5. South Africa
6. Gabon
7. Liberia
8. Togo
9. Mauritius
10. Senegal

I wouldn't bother with Madagascar or Mauritius because they're infested with Indians. Cape Verde, Ghana, and South Africa have strong Nigerian hostility, so I'd skip those too.

You also have hostility towards Indians. Why use the term "infested".
Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by TMKsouth: 12:15pm On Nov 08, 2021
Cousin9999:

Luanda ranks as one of the most expensive cities in the world to live in as an expatriate - so he'll have to consider that and how far his savings will take him. Democratically they're improving since the long-time serving president dos Santos stepped down a few years back.

Re: Which African Country's Capital Is Okay For A Nigerian Freelancer To Migrate To? by richhills(m): 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
I like this list.
cape verde
Seychelles
South Africa
Mauritius
Morocco

In that order.

Cousin9999:
1. Madagascar
2. Cape Verde
3. Seychelles
4. Ghana
5. South Africa
6. Gabon
7. Liberia
8. Togo
9. Mauritius
10. Senegal

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Some Europeans So Racist (photos) / "Flying From Cotonou To London Costs N374k": Lady Says Flight From Lagos To UK. / Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.