Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,051 members, 7,814,605 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! (1593 Views)

11 Things Only Nigerians Will Think Are Funny / 7 Annoying Things Nigerians Do On Airplanes / Arrangee Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by Nobody: 11:40am On Mar 07, 2011
It's often assumed only Nigerians and other Black Africans will marry for citizenship.

I was quite surprised to find my old boss went one further. N***l Green is white British, 40-years-old, and married to a Mexican woman. He left the UK for the US back in 2007/8, and whilst there, committed one of the most despicable acts. He befriended a white US citizen who was terminally ill, dying from cancer. She really believed he loved her.

N***l got married to this woman, but things didn't go to plan. He was found out, and consequently arrested. He had the option of serving a minimum jail term of 8 years, or leaving the United States voluntarily, never to return for 10 years. So, he's back in the UK, and very bitter at being rumbled. His "marriage" to the dying lady was dissolved, and the lady has since died. N***l was branded a bigamist, and for the time being, is stuck in the UK. He's back in his old job, at a well-known Ipswich Autocentre, that was bought out last spring by H**fords. He actually jacked in his job back in 2007/8, so picture this guy, back with his tail between his legs!  cheesy grin

Surprisingly, his Mexican wife chose to remain with him!

1 Like

Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by jaybee3(m): 11:45am On Mar 07, 2011
Act is common within the aussie community here as well.
An aussie girl at work got married to this other gay dude from work for the sole purpose of citzenship.
Nigerians just make too much noise hence the headlines
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by Time2Think(f): 11:45am On Mar 07, 2011
They thought Naija people how to do it, but Naija people mastered it more than them.
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by Nobody: 12:11pm On Mar 07, 2011
Time2Think:

They thought Naija people how to do it, but Naija people mastered it more than them.

Quote of the day! grin
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by Time2Think(f): 12:18pm On Mar 07, 2011
u bet bro - and they make too much noise about it. Just like the other guy here yesterday.
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by justwise(m): 1:09pm On Mar 07, 2011
Time2Think:

I beg to defer, 9ja did not master it better hence the high rate of convinctions and press coverage.

9ja rather become careless abt it.
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by nanidee(f): 1:47pm On Mar 07, 2011
;d ;d
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by lovemoi2(f): 6:34am On Mar 08, 2011
Time2Think:

plain ignorance!! A wise man knows when to shut up!! Cant say that for ****! Why do you think most caucasian predominat countries are usually developed? Nigerians boast too much for unessary things, giving themselves the false impression that they are clever.
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by suxes2005(m): 9:59am On Mar 08, 2011
That's serious but i wonder what the man
could be looking for?

SHALOM
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by Nobody: 2:12pm On Mar 08, 2011
suxes2005:

That's serious but i wonder what the man
could be looking for?
SHALOM

American citizenship.
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by Nobody: 11:37pm On Mar 08, 2011
i think the numbers are far higher for nigerians.

but it's all good.

everybody needs love and whatever else marriage comes with even if you're from nigeria.

besides, many of the men so inclined, get better marriage deals than they would have had in nigeria.

ie they can marry the class or type of woman they'd be unable to get back home.
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by justwise(m): 12:22am On Mar 09, 2011
tpiah!:

i think the numbers are far higher for nigerians.

but it's all good.
everybody needs love and whatever else marriage comes with even if you're from nigeria.

besides, many of the men so inclined, get better marriage deals than they would have had in nigeria.

ie they can marry the class or type of woman they'd be unable to get back home.

Including sham marriage?
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by Nobody: 2:18am On Mar 09, 2011
Seriously, it's no secret that it is not hard for white nationals of "white countries" to enter other predominately white
countries. Some whites have criminal backgrounds or simply feel like disobeying rules for the thrill.
Non whites on the other hand, usually come from developing/third world countries and therefore seek a better lifestyle. . .
often times legit but some, by any means. Because more than ever, blacks and Mexicans are unwanted in the States
as they make up the two next highest populations and may surpass the white pop., whites capitalize on their illegal
entries and turn a blind eye to the illegal Europeans who enter on visitors visas and "disappear" into the general population
or the Canadians who drive across the the border with no intentions of going back.
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by Nobody: 3:03am On Mar 09, 2011
justwise:

Including sham marriage?

otun we osi, osi we otun, oun lowo fin mo.

meaning you dash me i dash you God no go vex, in a manner of speaking.

lets say an agbero with NFA ideally wants to date a fine looking lady from a good home, with good credentials and impressive family. As long as he remains an agbero with NFA, his chances are rather slim.

fast forward to this same guy getting a visa to travel overseas. A whole new world of wider dating pools of all shapes and sizes are suddenly opened to him.

Meanwhile, the ladies also want a taste of "the exotic" and the guy is not only that, but seems like an ideal romantic guy who can make a woman feel good.

so both are helping each other out, in a way. And the situation will work wonders for the guy's self esteem.

this doesnt mean i'm advocating sham marriages but simply viewing from another angle.
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by justwise(m): 8:08am On Mar 09, 2011
tpiah!:

otun we osi, osi we otun, oun lowo fin mo.
meaning you dash me i dash you God no go vex, in a manner of speaking.
lets say an agbero with NFA ideally wants to date a fine looking lady from a good home, with good credentials and impressive family. As long as he remains an agbero with NFA, his chances are rather slim.
fast forward to this same guy getting a visa to travel overseas. A whole new world of wider dating pools of all shapes and sizes are suddenly opened to him. Meanwhile, the ladies also want a taste of "the exotic" and the guy is not only that, but seems like an ideal romantic guy who can make a woman feel good.so both are helping each other out, in a way. And the situation will work wonders for the guy's self esteem.
this doesnt mean i'm advocating sham marriages but simply viewing from another angle.
Thats exactly what most sham marriages are and not only Nigeria that does it, the Asians are very good at it, some Nigerians went crazy with it as soon as the eastern Europeans joined the EU, making it a career, in one case a Nigerian man married a lesbian from Holland, using one address to conduct more than 5 sham marriages, forging utility bills and passports with impunity, they basically abused the system.
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by Nobody: 9:48am On Mar 09, 2011
The worst bit about N**el Green, my old boss, is that he's a very pompous, stuck-up, bigoted racist. He actually referred to a customer's black partner as a "coon". She was white, and had one of those fancy key tags, with a picture of her and her boyfriend on the fob. He's never been slow in condemning Blacks as scum / opportunists. Imagine our shock and surprise, to learn he'd been tagged as a bigamist, and barred from the United States! grin

He probably married his Mexican wife for "easier" passage to the US. She's rather large, and can hardly speak correct English, or understand it. She keeps saying "ehh"? Lol. cheesy
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by suxes2005(m): 9:56am On Mar 09, 2011
Siena:

The worst bit about N**el Green, my old boss, is that he's a very pompous, stuck-up, bigoted racist. He actually referred to a customer's black partner as a "coon". She was white, and had one of those fancy key tags, with a picture of her and her boyfriend on the fob. He's never been slow in condemning Blacks as scum / opportunists. Imagine our shock and surprise, to learn he'd been tagged as a bigamist, and barred from the United States! grin

He probably married his Mexican wife for "easier" passage to the US. She's rather large, and can hardly speak correct English, or understand it. She keeps saying "ehh"? Lol. cheesy

LOL @ Bolded,
@Siena, shebi d guy is a british man so what is
his probs now?

SHALOM
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by justwise(m): 10:11am On Mar 09, 2011
Siena:

The worst bit about N**el Green, my old boss, is that he's a very pompous, stuck-up, bigoted racist. He actually referred to a customer's black partner as a "coon". She was white, and had one of those fancy key tags, with a picture of her and her boyfriend on the fob. He's never been slow in condemning Blacks as scum / opportunists. Imagine our shock and surprise, to learn he'd been tagged as a bigamist, and barred from the United States! grin[/b]He probably married his Mexican wife for "easier" passage to the US. [b]She's rather large, and can hardly speak correct English, or understand it. She keeps saying "ehh"? Lol. cheesy

Hahahaha. . Has somebody rubbed it on his face? Or does he still think that nobody knows abt it?
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by Nobody: 10:24am On Mar 09, 2011
justwise:

[b]
Hahahaha. . Has somebody rubbed it on his face? Or does he still think that nobody knows abt it?

Well, I did make some reference to it, so yeah, he knows it's common knowledge. grin
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by justwise(m): 10:42am On Mar 09, 2011
Siena:

Well, I did make some reference to it, so yeah, he knows it's common knowledge. grin

Hahahahaha. . .i can imagine his face when he realised that his little dirty secret it out.

1 Like

Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by dellnet: 4:11pm On Mar 09, 2011
I don't need to get married to any bloody ho to get my papers this is a promise I have made to myself unless for love and unity. Back to the topic so you thought it was only Nigerian immigrants that do arrangey? Well, I wanted to point to USA but the news came from there. The problem with Nigerian is he will not check the true situation of the girl. He does not care if she is a crack ho or not so long she is a citizen she is do able and this leads to disaster.
Re: Proof Not Only Nigerians Do "Arrangee". The English Are At It Too! by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 07, 2019
It's often assumed only Nigerians and other Black Africans will marry for citizenship.

I was quite surprised to find my old boss went one further. N***l Green is white British, 40-years-old, and married to a Mexican woman. He left the UK for the US back in 2007/8, and whilst there, committed one of the most despicable acts. He befriended a white US citizen who was terminally ill, dying from cancer. She really believed he loved her.

N***l got married to this woman, but things didn't go to plan. He was found out, and consequently arrested. He had the option of serving a minimum jail term of 8 years, or leaving the United States voluntarily, never to return for 10 years. So, he's back in the UK, and very bitter at being rumbled. His "marriage" to the dying lady was dissolved, and the lady has since died. N***l was branded a bigamist, and for the time being, is stuck in the UK. He's back in his old job, at a well-known Ipswich Autocentre, that was bought out last spring by H**fords. He actually jacked in his job back in 2007/8, so picture this guy, back with his tail between his legs!  cheesy grin

Surprisingly, his Mexican wife chose to remain with him!
She wants UK citizenship, lol!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With This Driving? / Turkey / Nigeria To Become Ineligible To Play Visa Lottery By 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.