Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,674 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Drinking Competition Between Gakem And Ukpah - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Drinking Competition Between Gakem And Ukpah (402 Views)

How Coca-cola Was Introduced In Ukpah / More Answers From War Of Words Season 7 (slam Poetry Competition) / Win $20,000 In A 100-word Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Drinking Competition Between Gakem And Ukpah by Ushiesunday(m): 9:46am On Nov 09, 2021
THE COMPETITION BETWEEN UKPAH AND GAKEM COMMUNITY.

A drinking competition was organized between Ukpah and Gakem Community in Bekwarra Cross River State. The Ukpah community organized the drinking competition popularly known as "ipia Ebetuo".

So the Gakem people send a delegate to Ukpah who belongs to the Ajiguru age grade to go and confirm if the drinking competition will still hold.

When Aten Ajiguru from Gakem arrived Ukpah, the people of Ukpah brought 25 litres of the strongest drink in the community mixed with foreign gins and gave to the delegate as a kola.

The aten Ajiguru that was send from Gakem asked them " Can I test it"?
The Ukpah people said yes!! You can go ahead.

The Gakem delegate drank and finished the whole 25litres (1jar) of the strongest wine and said " This is okay, so where is the main drink"?

The people of Ukpah community became scared and shouted in Bekwarra language mafo mafo mafo. They asked him. "Are you among the competitors?

The delegate from Gakem nod his head and said " Noooo!! I did not qualify ".

The People of Ukpah community had to call off the competition immediately.

Modified by
USHIE SUNDAY A.

Re: Drinking Competition Between Gakem And Ukpah by Wayne1994(m): 9:25am On Nov 19, 2021
E choke

(1) (Reply)

How Not To End Up Like My Mother By Abiodun Badmus / The Life I Never Had. / Crypto Content Writers Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.