Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,704 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:35 PM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (621548 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Arnod007: 11:24am On Jan 27, 2016
I used a new mercury tubular battery 220amp and my inverter is mercury 2.4kva digital, just bought it a week ago and no matter how long have charged still doesn't have the four bars solid, the last bar always flashing

spinola:

The battery bars should reduce as you are using it and they should increase while charging till you have four solid bars with no flashing. What is the make, type and age of the batteries you are using ?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 2:16pm On Jan 27, 2016
Arnod007:
I used a new mercury tubular battery 220amp and my inverter is mercury 2.4kva digital, just bought it a week ago and no matter how long have charged still doesn't have the four bars solid, the last bar always flashing

My guess is you have 2 of those batteries which is 440Ah.

Mercury 1.2 and 2.4kva both come with 20A charger. 440Ah÷20A=22hrs

So you need 22hrs of constant grid power (NEPA) to charge fully.

The charger is simply inadequate for your battery. You can purchase an external charger of something like 60A or better still 80A.

440/60 = 7.3hrs or 5.5hrs with an 80A charger.

3 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by temizeee(m): 3:35pm On Jan 27, 2016
adanny01:

The charger is simply inadequate for your battery. You can purchase an external charger of something like 60A or better still 80A

most calculation doesn't work in real life......if u av experience in solar, inverter battery installation u will know what i mean... lol seriously 60/80amp is a wash also do u think a 200ah ba3 would provide 200amp straight? or yr 60 amp charger will pull accurate 60amp from the grid? lolzzz. how do you account 4 a public supply grid producing 90~120vac which is even fluctuating the voltage?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 3:41pm On Jan 27, 2016
temizeee:
most calculation doesn't work in real life......if u av experience in solar, inverter battery installation u will know what i mean... lol seriously 60/80amp is a wash also do u think a 200ah ba3 would provide 200amp straight? or yr 60 amp charger will pull accurate 60amp from the grid? lolzzz. how do you account 4 a public supply grid producing 90~120vac which is even fluctuating the voltage?

What do you suggest?

If his 20A charger will not do an adequate job, dont.you think he should go higher?

If he gets say 120vac from the public supply, dont you think thats the more reason he needs a better charger.

Am also learning.

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by temizeee(m): 5:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
adanny01:

What do you suggest?

If his 20A charger will not do an adequate job, dont.you think he should go higher?

If he gets say 120vac from the public supply, dont you think thats the more reason he needs a better charger.

Am also learning.
if he had to call an expert to check on what the problem is, The expert will 1stly check the SOC of the battery with a good DMM. that will show whether the battery is still charging on d 4 bar blink or it d battery is on float charge.........my point is There isn't surplus cash in average Nigerian to invest on these inverter stuff u know...what does he gain if he should get 60amp external charger n it doesn't increases his backup?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 7:39pm On Jan 27, 2016
temizeee:
if he had to call an expert to check on what the problem is, The expert will 1stly check the SOC of the battery with a good DMM. that will show whether the battery is still charging on d 4 bar blink or it d battery is on float charge.........my point is There isn't surplus cash in average Nigerian to invest on these inverter stuff u know...what does he gain if he should get 60amp external charger n it doesn't increases his backup?

I get the angle you are coming from.

Dont you think that even before going to the field to start testing you got to do the maths to know if there is a deficiancy in the system. In this case how effective is a 20A charger mated with 2 220Ah battery bank. Not matter the testing, the charger cant produce more than the 20A it is rated which will naturally take a long time to charge fully. If the maths is right at 22hrs that means he needs a full day of charging with public supply at atleast 200vac and 50hz non stop.

You need to ask him if he had had that kind of non stop charge to be able to get that full. If he never had, its not so easy for him to experience that full charge.

Some of what i have said before comes my personal experience with the same inverter. I know how it behaves. For instance, when the inverter has fully charged to the extent it no longer flashes the 4th bar and grid power supply fails for 2 seconds and returns which mean the battery mode has been entered and exited, the 4th bar will start flashing like its charging. Its going to flash like that for another 30mins - 1hr before it shows full charge again. The question is, did the 2 secs discharge (even with no load) of battery replenished by 30mins of charging? I dont think so. What i think is that it reenters floating charge which will keep the inverter charger in that mode for a while.

Secondly, i sometimes usually know when my inverter is charging on floating or bulk. This i know when we have low voltage of around 100vac from grid or when using generator. When using generator i hear the change in generator sound upon putting load on it, i know the charger is in bulk stage but when no load is felt by the generator i know its on float. I use a 1kva stabilizer to charge the system so when we have low voltage in grind and the inverter is in bulk charging, the stabilizer heats up real bad. But when voltage is above 160, it charges well without me knowing the stage.

I have watch the inverter well thats why i feel its the set up that is incapacitated.

4 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by temizeee(m): 11:00pm On Jan 27, 2016
adanny01:

Dont you think that even before going to the field to start testing you got to do the maths to know if there is a deficiancy in the system. In this case how effective is a 20A charger mated with 2 220Ah battery bank. Not matter the testing, the charger cant produce more than the 20A it is rated which will naturally take a long time to charge fully. If the maths is right at 22hrs that means he needs a full day of charging with public supply at atleast 200vac and 50hz non stop.

You need to ask him if he had had that kind of non stop charge to be able to get that full. If he never had, its not so easy for him to experience that full charge.

Some of what i have said before comes my personal experience with the same inverter. I know how it behaves. For instance, when the inverter has fully charged to the extent it no longer flashes the 4th bar and grid power supply fails for 2 seconds and returns which mean the battery mode has been entered and exited, the 4th bar will start flashing like its charging. Its going to flash like that for another 30mins - 1hr before it shows full charge again. The question is, did the 2 secs discharge (even with no load) of battery replenished by 30mins of charging? I dont think so. What i think is that it reenters floating charge which will keep the inverter charger in that mode for a while.

Secondly, i sometimes usually know when my inverter is charging on floating or bulk. This i know when we have low voltage of around 100vac from grid or when using generator. When using generator i hear the change in generator sound upon putting load on it, i know the charger is in bulk stage but when no load is felt by the generator i know its on float. I use a 1kva stabilizer to charge the system so when we have low voltage in grind and the inverter is in bulk charging, the stabilizer heats up real bad. But when voltage is above 160, it charges well without me knowing the stage.

I have watch the inverter well thats why i feel its the set up that is incapacitated.
all Good,i agree with your point yea.......
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 2:01am On Jan 28, 2016
adanny01:

The charger is simply inadequate for your battery. You can purchase an external charger of something like 60A or better still 80A.

With the Mercury Inverter 2.4kva (24 volt)http://www.mercurydirect.com.ng/mercury-inverter-2-4-kva-user-manual/, the two Mercury Tubular 220amp beauties need to be connected in series to generate the required 24 volts. Since connecting two batteries in series will double the voltage but keep the amperage rating the same, his battery bank will be 220amp. 220Ah÷20A=11hrs
60A charger 220/60 = 3.6hrs
80A charge 2.7hrs
With the Mercury Inverter 1.2kva (12 volt), the two Mercury Tubular 220amp beauties need to be connected in Parallel, because only 12 volts is required. Since connecting two batteries in Parallel will double the amperage rating but keep the voltage same, the battery bank will be 440amp.
440Ah÷20A=22hrs
60A charger 440/60 = 7.3hrs
80A charger 5.5hrs

4 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 6:54am On Jan 28, 2016
spinola:

With the Mercury Inverter 2.4kva (24 volt)http://www.mercurydirect.com.ng/mercury-inverter-2-4-kva-user-manual/, the two Mercury Tubular 220amp beauties need to be connected in series to generate the required 24 volts. Since connecting two batteries in series will double the voltage but keep the amperage rating the same, his battery bank will be 220amp. 220Ah÷20A=11hrs
80A charge 2.7hrs
With the Mercury Inverter 1.2kva (12 volt), the two Mercury Tubular 220amp beauties need to be connected in Parallel, because only 12 volts is required. Since connecting two batteries in Parallel will double the amperage rating but keep the voltage same, the battery bank will be 440amp.
440Ah÷20A=11hrs
80A charger 5.5hrs

Thanks for this. There is one little mathematical error as 440 divide by 20 is 22hrs. I believe you have more practical experience than me so i want to ask a practical question after believing this calculations are correct.

Senerio 1 Lets take the set up in concern as consideration. 2 x 220Ah in series with a 2.4Kva 24v inverter and a 20A charger.

The battery bank gives 24vdc and 220Ah. 220÷20=11hrs

Scenerio 2 Assuming the 1.2kva 12v with 20A charger connected in parallel to the same battery bank of 2 x 220Ah

The battery bank gives 12vdc and 440Ah. 440÷20=22hrs

Question: how possible is it practically that by mere connecting the bank in series it takes 11hrs but in parallel takes a whopping 22hrs when the charger and battery remain unchanged. I find it odd.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 1:33pm On Jan 28, 2016
adanny01:

Thanks for this. There is one little mathematical error as 440 divide by 20 is 22hrs. I believe you have more practical experience than me so i want to ask a practical question after believing this calculations are correct.

Senerio 1 Lets take the set up in concern as consideration. 2 x 220Ah in series with a 2.4Kva 24v inverter and a 20A charger.

The battery bank gives 24vdc and 220Ah. 220÷20=11hrs

Scenerio 2 Assuming the 1.2kva 12v with 20A charger connected in parallel to the same battery bank of 2 x 220Ah

The battery bank gives 12vdc and 440Ah. 440÷20=22hrs

Question: how possible is it practically that by mere connecting the bank in series it takes 11hrs but in parallel takes a whopping 22hrs when the charger and battery remain unchanged. I find it odd.

Your Welcome!

Connecting the batteries in parallel will double amp hours and will also as a direct consequence double the charging time, but here's the rub it will also double the run time. If for example your two batteries connected in series gives you 24 hours run time, then the same two batteries connected in parallel will give you 48 hours. in theory. Practically we would also need to take into account efficiency losses.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Arnod007: 1:50pm On Jan 28, 2016
Thanks for your contribution, actually am using the 2.4kva inverter which I connected the battery in series to give 24volt. I don't think have had a straight light of 10 hours without break and I think maybe the inverter keep charging in floating charging, but it always last long when use and the 4th bar hardly drop, but once there is Nepa it will start charging all over again and when I called the inverter supplier he told me the inverter always reset it's charging to start from the beginning again really don't know how true is that

spinola:

80A charge 2.7hrs
440Ah÷20A=22hrs
80A charger 5.5hrs

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Arnod007: 1:58pm On Jan 28, 2016
I think it's the way the inverter was configured, don't think it's well configured to be intelligent enough to read the charging accurately

adanny01:

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 3:54pm On Jan 28, 2016
spinola:

Your Welcome!

Connecting the batteries in parallel will double amp hours and will also as a direct consequence double the charging time, but here's the rub it will also double the run time. If for example your two batteries connected in series gives you 24 hours run time, then the same two batteries connected in parallel will give you 48 hours. in theory. Practically we would also need to take into account efficiency losses.

Thats some revelation.

I was thinking there is some way that the same battery bank would work in same way connected in series or parallel.

Let me ask further.

Assume 1: 1.2kva 12v 20A with 1 x 200Ah battery

This set up should give 200x12=2400wh
This set up charges full in 200÷20=10hrs

Assume 2: 2.4kva 24v 20 with 2 x 200Ah batteries

This set up should give 200x24=4800wh

Dont you think its strange that the same charger of 20A will charge 1 x 200Ah battery in 10hrs and charge 2 x 200Ah of the same batteries in the same 10hrs. Dont you think the battery connect alone should do better than 2 of them connected in series using same charger? Something tells me there is something missing.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by israelpalatoe(m): 11:30pm On Jan 28, 2016
adanny01:

Thats some revelation.

I was thinking there is some way that the same battery bank would work in same way connected in series or parallel.

Let me ask further.

Assume 1: 1.2kva 12v 20A with 1 x 200Ah battery

This set up should give 200x12=2400wh

Assume 2: 2.4kva 24v 20 with 2 x 200Ah batteries

This set up should give 200x24=4800wh

Dont you think its strange that the same charger of 20A will charge 1 x 200Ah battery in 10hrs and charge 2 x 200Ah of the same batteries in the same 10hrs. Dont you think the battery connect alone should do better than 2 of them connected in series using same charger? Something tells me there is something missing.

voltage is also a factor to be considered.
12v 200ah is not equal to 24v 200ah.

when a 12v INVERTER charges at 20amps, continuous power stored is 240watt.
for 24v inverter charging with 20amps, continuous power stored is 480watt.

if both charges for 10 hours, A would have stores 2400 watthour, B would have stored 4800 watthour.

during usage, with the same load, system B would run for a longer time provided that the load that is powered are eqaul in terms of power

6 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 12:16am On Jan 29, 2016
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

TROJAN IND 17-6V industrial line flooded lead acid batteries (1202AH) ......@ 340k

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate *NOW IN STOCK*..... @ 87k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@75k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

YACHI SOLAR PANELS:

130w mono........ 30000
200w mono........ 45000
250w mono........ 55000
300w mono........ 62000

PERLIGHT SOLAR MODULES

POLY SOLAR PANEL:
80W N14000. 100W N16000. 120W N20000. 200W N40000. 240W N45000. 300W N50000

MONO SOLAR PANEL:
80W N12000. 100W N15000. 110W N15500. 120W N18000. 130W 20000.180W N28000. "OUT OF STOCK"

Latest model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @55k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...
1kw 12v =60k
1.5kw 12v =70k
2kw 12v =85k
2kw 24v =85k
3kw"4kva" 24v =140k
4kw 24v/48v =160k
5kw 24v/48v =180k
6kw"7.5kva"24/48v=220k
8kw 192v. =350k
10kw 96v. =380k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @5k

Infinitum battery desulphators 12v & 24v "NOW IN STOCK"

New Epsolar Tracer A series available.30a 12-24v auto select. . Max pv input voltage 100v. It has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@50k

Mercury tubular/flooded12v 220a batteries "18 months warranty" @ 55k

Mercury deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 55k

GP Malaysian deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 60k

10mm² black armoured solar panel-charge controller cables with earth/grounding flex "silver copper based & heat resistant " ... @ N1000 per yard

CSUN panels arriving soon.....

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by blazer234: 1:04am On Jan 29, 2016
kiekie1:
HURRY ! HURRY !! DISCOUNT SALES !!!!!!

TROJAN IND 17-6V industrial line flooded lead acid batteries (1202AH) ......@ 340k

USA TROJAN L16-RE Premium Line Flooded Lead Acid Battery 6V (410AH)20hr Rate *NOW IN STOCK*..... @ 87k

USA TROJAN J185P-AC Signature Line Flooded Lead-Acid Battery 12V (205AH) 20hr Rate .... "NOW IN STOCK"....@75k

Solarworld mono panels 255w ,260w,265w "made in Germany" etc now in stock at very discounted prices.........

YACHI SOLAR PANELS:

130w mono........ 30000
200w mono........ 45000
250w mono........ 55000
300w mono........ 62000

PERLIGHT SOLAR MODULES

POLY SOLAR PANEL:
80W N14000. 100W N16000. 120W N20000. 200W N40000. 240W N45000. 300W N50000

MONO SOLAR PANEL:
80W N12000. 100W N15000. 110W N15500. 120W N18000. 130W 20000.180W N28000. "OUT OF STOCK"

Latest model 10kva wall mount servo stab (AC input range 80V-270V)....... @55k

Must power star light inverters with charge current adjustable variable,LCD display,wall mount,remote port,load wattage display,flooded/gel/agm battery settings,battery equalisation and desulphation settings...
1kw 12v =60k
1.5kw 12v =70k
2kw 12v =85k
2kw 24v =85k
3kw"4kva" 24v =140k
4kw 24v/48v =160k
5kw 24v/48v =180k
6kw"7.5kva"24/48v=220k
8kw 192v. =350k
10kw 96v. =380k

Programmable timer switch with LCD display 220vac 16a........ @5k

Infinitum battery desulphators 12v & 24v "NOW IN STOCK"

New Epsolar Tracer A series available.30a 12-24v auto select. . Max pv input voltage 100v. It has excellent features like: -inbuilt LCD display,
-high efficiency energy harvest with advanced mppt algorithm
-dual core (ARM CPU+DSP) control architecture
-run data and event recording
-multi phase synchronous rectification tech realizing peak conversion efficiency 98%
-high reliabilty including reverse connection, over current and load short protection etc
-diversified load control mode
-monitor software supplement and firmware update
-extensive communication capabilities (RS232, RS485 with modbus protocol, CAN bus extendable)....@50k

Mercury tubular/flooded12v 220a batteries "18 months warranty" @ 55k

Mercury deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 55k

GP Malaysian deep cycle 12v 200a batteries @ 60k

10mm² black armoured solar panel-charge controller cables with earth/grounding flex "silver copper based & heat resistant " ... @ N1000 per yard

CSUN panels arriving soon.....

*AUTHORISED DEALER PRAGMATIC TECHNOLOGIES*
All our prag / cyberpower products comes with reliable warranty

*AUTHORIZED DEALER SOLAR SHOP LTD PRODUCTS*
All our products come with 1 year Warranty

For best affordable prices,contact Smartcell Global Services,Lagos Nigeria. Simply call Sir Frankie "08135031951" for purchase,fast delivery and waybills .. Thanks !!

I need solar energy/panel to power my single room: one light bulb, one fridge, one TV, one desktop computer, one fan, one DVD player. How much will it cost me?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 1:12am On Jan 29, 2016
israelpalatoe:

voltage is also a factor to be considered.
12v 200ah is not equal to 24v 200ah.

when a 12v INVERTER charges at 20amps, continuous power stored is 240watt.
for 24v inverter charging with 20amps, continuous power stored is 480watt.

if both charges for 10 hours, A would have stores 2400 watthour, B would have stored 4800 watthour.

during usage, with the same load, system B would run for a longer time provided that the load that is powered are eqaul in terms of power

My question was, is it practical that a 20A charger will be able to store 2400wh in one case of 12v system and be able to store 4800wh in a 24v system at the same charge time?

Theoritically, it is so but common sense tells me that more load slows down anything.

Let me give an analogy, a car that travels at 100km/hr should be able to run at 150km/hr with the same effort if atmospheric drag is removed (vacuum introduced).

Thats the theory but its not practicable in real life since that scale of vacuum is not feasible.

So look at it more like this same 20A charger and same 2 x 200Ah in 12v and 24v system.
12v must be parallel and would charge in 20hrs
24v must be series and would charge in 10hrs

Assuming no losses is it practicable? Dont be offended, i seek proper and deeper knowledge.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zeestone99(m): 1:14am On Jan 29, 2016
50amps external battery charger available at affordable prices call 08117398294 or email info@monzpowersolutions.com
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 11:13am On Jan 29, 2016
blazer234:

I need solar energy/panel to power my single room: one light bulb, one fridge, one TV, one desktop computer, one fan, one DVD player. How much will it cost me?

Its available .. Simply call now for detailed briefing , thanks!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kiekie1(m): 11:13am On Jan 29, 2016
NOW IN STOCK :

A&E 2kva 24v lcd pure sine wave power inverter .. Note;Company price (55k) ... Call and get yours now @ (50k) per unit

Prospective a&e clients can call now for discounts on any product of your choice. http://aedunamis.com/

*AUTHORISED DEALER A&E DUNAMIS*
All our a&e products comes with 1 year reliable warranty!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by israelpalatoe(m): 11:27am On Jan 29, 2016
adanny01:

My question was, is it practical that a 20A charger will be able to store 2400wh in one case of 12v system and be able to store 4800wh in a 24v system at the same charge time?

Theoritically, it is so but common sense tells me that more load slows down anything.

Let me give an analogy, a car that travels at 100km/hr should be able to run at 150km/hr with the same effort if atmospheric drag is removed (vacuum introduced).

Thats the theory but its not practicable in real life since that scale of vacuum is not feasible.

So look at it more like this same 20A charger and same 2 x 200Ah in 12v and 24v system.
12v must be parallel and would charge in 20hrs
24v must be series and would charge in 10hrs

Assuming no losses is it practicable? Dont be offended, i seek proper and deeper knowledge.

most people only talk of current when it comes to charging.
Power is the most important factor.

Power = Current times Voltage.

for a 12v charger with 20amps, it may take 20 hours to charge 400ah because its power is 240watt.

for a 24v charger with 20amps. it may take 10 hours to charge 400ah because its power is 480 watt.

in summary,
current is the volume of water pipe,
voltage is the speed of the water
and bucket is the battery.

for a 24v system, the pumping rate of water(charges) is
two times the pumping rate of 12v system.

that's why it takes lesser time to charge

7 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 12:57pm On Jan 29, 2016
israelpalatoe:

most people only talk of current when it comes to charging.
Power is the most important factor.

Power = Current times Voltage.

for a 12v charger with 20amps, it may take 20 hours to charge 400ah because its power is 240watt.

for a 24v charger with 20amps. it may take 10 hours to charge 400ah because its power is 480 watt.

in summary,
current is the volume of water pipe,
voltage is the speed of the water
and bucket is the battery.

for a 24v system, the pumping rate of water(charges) is
two times the pumping rate of 12v system.

that's why it takes lesser time to charge

I get the point.

Example: there is this certain inverter of Prag brand in 2 variants both 4kva with 30 charger and cost the same 165k. The only difference is one is 24v the other is 48v. Lets say i have 4 12v batteries of 200Ah.

1. 24v will give 2S2P arrangement to get 24v 400Ah. This will take 13.3hrs to full charge and store 9600wh

2. 48v will give 4S arrangement to get 48v 200Ah. This will take 6.7hrs to full charge and store 9600wh

Am I right to say there is no point or benefit of buying the 24v inverter when it simply slow down charging. It also means as much as possible we should avoid connecting batteries in parallel as it will take too long to charge. It also means if am to advise a user who already has a 48v inverter and plans to upgrade the battery bank to 8 12v batteries to better plan for a 96v inverter too.

This is interesting.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by israelpalatoe(m): 9:38pm On Jan 29, 2016
adanny01:

I get the point.

Example: there is this certain inverter of Prag brand in 2 variants both 4kva with 30 charger and cost the same 165k. The only difference is one is 24v the other is 48v. Lets say i have 4 12v batteries of 200Ah.

1. 24v will give 2S2P arrangement to get 24v 400Ah. This will take 13.3hrs to full charge and store 9600wh

2. 48v will give 4S arrangement to get 48v 200Ah. This will take 6.7hrs to full charge and store 9600wh

Am I right to say there is no point or benefit of buying the 24v inverter when it simply slow down charging. It also means as much as possible we should avoid connecting batteries in parallel as it will take too long to charge. It also means if am to advise a user who already has a 48v inverter and plans to upgrade the battery bank to 8 12v batteries to better plan for a 96v inverter too.

This is interesting.
true talk
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 11:25pm On Jan 29, 2016
adanny01:

I get the point.

This is interesting.
You are not quite correct. I have a 24 V 6 kw inverter with a 140 Amp charger. What determines how quickly you charge is the battery bank and the size of the charger.
You can do parallel connections as long as you don't exceed (recommended that you don't exceed) 3 banks. You can avoid multiple banks by purchasing higher AH batteries. You can find 2V 4700 AH batteries in the market if you so desire

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 8:05am On Jan 30, 2016
chris81964:

You are not quite correct. I have a 24 V 6 kw inverter with a 140 Amp charger. What determines how quickly you charge is the battery bank and the size of the charger.
You can do parallel connections as long as you don't exceed (recommended that you don't exceed) 4 banks. You can avoid multiple banks by purchasing higher AH batteries. You can find 2V 4700 AH batteries in the market if you so desire

140A is quite a big charge.

Thats why i gave example of two inverters with same 30A charger, same 4kva, but different dc volt of 24 and 48. In this case, unless you plan on using high Ah batteries for the 24v it makes more sense to buy the 48v using the average 12v 100/200Ah commonly available.

Also i believe, an inverter with high charging current such as 140A like you have will definately be more expensive to an 80A charger.

Lets assume you have 48V 140A inverter and i have a 96v 80A inverter and we both have 16 x 6v x 500Ah batteries.

Yours will be connected 8S8P and will give you 48,000wh and take 7.1hrs to charge.

Mine will be connected 16S and will give me 48,000wh and take 6.3hrs to charge.

In conclusion, i will save more money and i would get better from my system than you. The point is, in buying an inverter the voltage, the charging Amp and battery bank Ah is directly proportional and very inportant. It is better to buy an inverter that i wont have to connect my bank in parallel.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by zeestone99(m): 10:04am On Jan 30, 2016
Used 2v/500ah inverter batteries for sale, yuasa 6v/200Ah used batteries for sale at affordable prices, solar panels also available @ affordable prices
Call 08117398294, or email Info@monzpowersolutions.com to order yours

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 8:17pm On Jan 30, 2016
adanny01:

140A is quite a big charge.

Thats why i gave example of two inverters with same 30A charger, same 4kva, but different dc volt of 24 and 48. In this case, unless you plan on using high Ah batteries for the 24v it makes more sense to buy the 48v using the average 12v 100/200Ah commonly available.

Also i believe, an inverter with high charging current such as 140A like you have will definately be more expensive to an 80A charger.

Lets assume you have 48V 140A inverter and i have a 96v 80A inverter and we both have 16 x 6v x 500Ah batteries.

Yours will be connected 8S8P and will give you 48,000wh and take 7.1hrs to charge.

Mine will be connected 16S and will give me 48,000wh and take 6.3hrs to charge.

In conclusion, i will save more money and i would get better from my system than you. The point is, in buying an inverter the voltage, the charging Amp and battery bank Ah is directly proportional and very inportant. It is better to buy an inverter that i wont have to connect my bank in parallel.

The SMA comes with a 140 amp charger on 48 V. My Rich electric 6 kw has 140 Amps.
You are allowed to believe what makes you happy. I can't wait to see your 96V 80 amp inverter.

I am sure that Outback, SMA, Victron, Magnum and other very good manufacturers of inverters believe that 48 V is the way to go. You and the newest entrants into the market believe something different. I am sure one of the two is right.

I will bet on the guys that have done it for more than 40 years.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 9:13pm On Jan 30, 2016
chris81964:

The SMA comes with a 140 amp charger on 48 V. My Rich electric 6 kw has 140 Amps.
You are allowed to believe what makes you happy. I can't wait to see your 96V 80 amp inverter.

I am sure that Outback, SMA, Victron, Magnum and other very good manufacturers of inverters believe that 48 V is the way to go. You and the newest entrants into the market believe something different. I am sure one of the two is right.

I will bet on the guys that have done it for more than 40 years.

You are still not getting my point.

I am making assumptions not that i am buying any of those, its just for learning. Like the example i gave above, if i were to plan a system and had planned to buy the battery bank i mentioned above. It is better to look for another Outback, SMA, Victron, Magnum and other very good manufacturers of inverters that is a 96v and with lower charge if at all they have.

These calculations and the spec are just to help make a good choice in buying an inverter and its battery bank.

It doesnt have to be 96v, its like saying its better to buy a 48v inverter than buy a 24v like i gave a previous example or better to buy a 24v than a 12. In that case, both inverters are the same price and definately same quality.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by spinola: 12:10pm On Jan 31, 2016
adanny01:

I get the point.

This is interesting.

This is interesting, for me bigger does not always mean better. Recommendations will always differ based on individual Use Cases.
I have a setup which consist of a 12v Inverter with two 200ah deep cycle batteries connected in parallel, making a total of 400ah. The run time in my 3 bedroom flat is approximately 48 hours. The setup cost 135,000.
Could you please advise on how much what you are postulating cost, and also how many hours a day it will run for, before the alarm goes off?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 12:49pm On Jan 31, 2016
spinola:

This is interesting, for me bigger does not always mean better. Recommendations will always differ based on individual Use Cases.
I have a setup which consist of a 12v Inverter with two 200ah deep cycle batteries connected in parallel, making a total of 400ah. The run time in my 3 bedroom flat is approximately 48 hours. The setup cost 135,000.
Could you please advise on how much what you are postulating cost, and also how many hours a day it will run for, before the alarm goes off?

Thats my point. In every individual use case has its positives and negatives. As a system planner you have the responsibility to balance the negatives and positives.

In the case you cited above, assuming it has a 20A charger. The system should fully charge in 400/20= 20hrs.

At the point of purchase, if you had opted for the 24v inverter with same charger, charging time would not have been that long but 10hrs.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by chris81964(m): 8:17pm On Jan 31, 2016
adanny01:

Thats my point. In every individual use case has its positives and negatives. As a system planner you have the responsibility to balance the negatives and positives.

In the case you cited above, assuming it has a 20A charger. The system should fully charge in 400/20= 20hrs.

At the point of purchase, if you had opted for the 24v inverter with same charger, charging time would not have been that long but 10hrs.

24 V 20 ah charger 400 ah battery takes the same time as a 12 V 20 ah charger on 400 ah.

It is still 400 / 20
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by adanny01(m): 10:12pm On Jan 31, 2016
chris81964:

24 V 20 ah charger 400 ah battery takes the same time as a 12 V 20 ah charger on 400 ah.

It is still 400 / 20

I asked this question some comments back.

Tell me if am right or wrong.

24v with 400Ah will be connected in series. The battery Ah of the bank will be 200Ah. That will be 24 x 200 = 4800wh. Also 200Ah/20A= 10hrs right?

12v with 400Ah will be connected in parallel. The battery Ah of the bank will be 400Ah. That will be 12 x 400= 4800wh. Also 400Ah/20= 20hrs right ot wrong?

I thougt before that it beats my common sense and every imagination that same charger will not be able to charge same batteries just because of the connection. Please help me clarify cause i have been doubting these logical calculations.

This is the reply i got before.
spinola:

Your Welcome!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (166) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

Viewing this topic: Akwaokukuo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 158
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.