Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,478 members, 7,770,169 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:36 AM

Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience (613038 Views)

Your Experience With Spectranet Internet Services / Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience / Any One Into Security Installations Systems, Lets Have A Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (165) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by toluxa1(m): 5:40pm On Jun 08, 2011
This is the thread i need right now
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by toluxa1(m): 5:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
Hello House. Interesting topic indeed. I am a final year student and I just got a little self contained place. I have a small inverter - not sure of the KVA  stuff until I check (the size of a big stabilizer). I intend basically to use to for 1 bulb (energy savin), laptop and tv. Will that be possible? Can I use it with a brand new car battery? How cheap can i get this deep cycle battery and for how many hours will it last?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by daroz(m): 5:51pm On Jun 08, 2011
Inverter?? I bought one 1.5kva like 3years ago, when it was not lasting up to 2hrs I had to dump it somewhere. I think the problem must have been the batteries. I will call a tecnician to check it now.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jun 08, 2011
Inverter Engineer Here,

You can order our Power Inverters at nearly production costs. Our inverters are in the following sizes and prices respectively:

FOR 1.5KVA ~ This capacity will bear the load of small Tiger Generator, conveniently.

Please note that all our inverters come with one year warranty.

- 1.5 KVA + 100Amps battery + Installations = N50,000

- 1.5kva + 150Amps battery + installations = N60,000

- 1.5Kva + 200Amps battery + installation = N70,000

FOR 3 KVA ~ Powers the whole house including refrigerator, electric iron, plasma T.V, DVD, fans, etc.

- 3KVA + 100Amps battery (x2) + installations = N80,000

- 3kva + 150Amps battery (x2) + installations = N100,000

- 3kva + 200Amps batter (x2) + installations = N120,000

FOR 5 KVA ~ Powers all of 3 KVA + Air Conditioner (depending on the horse power)

Please call for discussion.

Note: above deals are for a limited time only.

You may also wish to meet me before considering order.

Simply connect me on ~0806 060 6166.

Olawoye 'Segun.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kokoye(m): 6:14pm On Jun 08, 2011
Thanks guys . . i'm thining of buying an inverter for my parents - they have two generators at the moment . . too much noise and pollution.

So basically, the output of an inverter depends heavily on the battery capacity as well? mabe one should invest in those batteries used in trailers and the sorts?

how much is a 5KVA inverter on the average . . and what kinda load can it carry?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by kokoye(m): 6:16pm On Jun 08, 2011
and is there no way of assembling these inverters in Nigeria??

when i lived in Nigeria, i had a honda generator that used both kerosene and petrol - I used it for over 3 years before I gave it out.

It was assembled in Nigeria . . no problems whatsoever. All i had to do was change the oil regularly

I really dont believe we need to import these things undecided
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by buzugee(m): 6:21pm On Jun 08, 2011
toppiyano:

i use a 5kv inverter at home and we have like 4big batteries  the cost of the inverter was 185k and 100amps of battery cost 22,000 each making 273,000 and the company where i got it is SANKIL NIG LIMITED somewhere at oluti

so basically you paid nearly $3000 for something that is sold for less than $100 in america ?? naija is definitely the land of rip-offs. i at least hope the person who ripped you off was nigerian right ? at least that way the money stays in nigeria
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
Olawoye:

Inverter Engineer Here,

You can order our Power Inverters at nearly production costs. Our inverters are in the following sizes and prices respectively:

FOR 1.5KVA ~ This capacity will bear the load of small Tiger Generator, conveniently.

Please note that all our inverters come with one year warranty.

- 1.5 KVA + 100Amps battery + Installations = N50,000

- 1.5kva + 150Amps battery + installations = N60,000

- 1.5Kva + 200Amps battery + installation = N70,000

FOR 3 KVA ~ Powers the whole house including refrigerator, electric iron, plasma T.V, DVD, fans, etc.

- 3KVA + 100Amps battery (x2) + installations = N80,000

- 3kva + 150Amps battery (x2) + installations = N100,000

- 3kva + 200Amps batter (x2) + installations = N120,000

FOR 5 KVA ~ Powers all of 3 KVA + Air Conditioner (depending on the horse power)

Please call for discussion.

Note: above deals are for a limited time only.

You may also wish to meet me before considering order.

Simply connect me on ~0806 060 6166.

Olawoye 'Segun.

As an experienced Inverter Engineer, I'd say in reality that you don't require up to 5Kva Inverter. All you need is a 3kva inverter if it is the same regular house electronics that you have, as in my quotes above.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by sleekman(m): 7:00pm On Jun 08, 2011
Wanna use an inverter at home then I guess you have to follow all the analysis above. Just want to add to these though.
1.5KVA Inverter+100A battery-> Powers 14'' LCD/LED TV, DSTV, 3 Energy bulbs(Phillips, Electrolux(I especially love these bulbs because they have sunlight sensors(Check GAME)) & OSRAM), 1-2 Ceiling fans.
Duration-> 3-8hrs depending on usage.
If the technician u hired is good he can construct something better so as to be able to connect more batteries for longer usage as well as shorter charging time. More like boosting charge time.
Some technicians aren't that good so I'll leave you some tips.
-Buy a 5KVA stabilizer, connect the power source(NEPA) to the inverter. Never use the stabilizer with a generator.
-If u have some additional cash you can go for a solar panel and a solar controller
-Setup the inverter and batteries in a cool place that's devoid of a damp humidity. Also, avoid direct sunlight on the batteries.
-If you have to use a fridge or freezer or A/Cs then makes sure these come on 1st b4 others because these require extra power to startup.

Now for a 3KVA Inverter+4x100A battery)->Powers 32'' LCD/LED TV, DSTV, 6-7 Energy bulbs, 0.5 or 1KVA A/C or a table top fridge or freezer, 4-12hrs depending on usage.

Some more technicality, if u wish to connect the inverter to the entire flat then u must use an AVR for A/Cs, Fridges, Freezers etc & set the timer to 5mins. Furthermore 5mins can be enuf time to switch off the 25A fuse on the fusebox.

Quick calculation on the load terminologies.
KVA->Kilovolt x Ampere which is power (Watts) so more like KiloWatt. 1KW=1KVA.
Before U use anything check the manual for the power requirements. The reason why NEPA charges faster is because NEPA supplies increased voltage and generators do not. To boost NEPAs voltage use a stabilizer.

8 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by dellydigit: 7:16pm On Jun 08, 2011
Olawoye:

As an experienced Inverter Engineer, I'd say in reality that you don't require up to 5Kva Inverter. All you need is a 3kva inverter if it is the same regular house electronics that you have, as in my quotes above.

These prices does not show the products are of top quality. What are the protection features on your inverters?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by innoachukw(m): 7:55pm On Jun 08, 2011
Pure sinewave inverters r very expensive,but dey can supply power longer than PWM (pulse width modulated) inverters, But 4 those dat cant afford branded inverters,they should go 4 locally made ones, I produce local inverters,

2 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by otokx(m): 8:28pm On Jun 08, 2011
I have 2 local inverters and 1 Indian one, guys please go for the foreign ones, avoid local ones like a plague unless they are so cheap and the manufacturer is near by and always ready to come look it up.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 08, 2011
dellydigit:

These prices does not show the products are of top quality. What are the protection features on your inverters?

It's only promo price and ends 15th June.

-Automatic fuss-off at overloading
-Auto-stop avoids overcharging
-High Voltage regulation

We give one year warranty on all our products and yet, clients have been using for five years but instead of complaints, they press for more orders as well as recommend our products to friends.

One interesting thing about inverter is that you don't want to live without it once you've tasted it.

Give us a call or visit us at our workshop at Alagbole, Ajuwon (0806.060.6166)
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by olak4: 9:30pm On Jun 08, 2011
Pz inverter is also Ǧ☺☺ϑ.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by EPOMA(m): 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2011
buzugee:

so basically you paid nearly $3000 for something that is sold for less than $100 in america ?? naija is definitely the land of rip-offs. i at least hope the person who ripped you off was nigerian right ? at least that way the money stays in nigeria

My friend , go price a 5kva zantex american inverter or battery before you make your comments. The guys set up would have cost up to $5000 in the state

3 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Doyin4real(m): 11:29pm On Jun 08, 2011
Can a UPS be used in place of an INVERTER?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by fasa2020(m): 11:37pm On Jun 08, 2011
Can anyone here tells me what kva i need to use in my office with 6 systems (flat screen monitors) and 2 wall fans.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by tashanja(m): 12:05am On Jun 09, 2011
sleekman:

-Buy a 5KVA stabilizer, connect the power source(NEPA) to the inverter. Never use the stabilizer with a generator.

I happen to always use stabilizers to protect all my appliances at home but just too lazy be bothered to disconnect them when using the gen. Pls explain the risk for not obeying the above rule (in bold).
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by infohenry(m): 12:33am On Jun 09, 2011
This what you need to increase your inverter battery life span

Never allow the batteries to drain completely before charging.

Check the date of manufacture before buying most batteries have a life span of 4yrs for dry cells and 10yrs for wet cells so when kept for so long in a shop you might end up buying a dead battery that can not retain charges.

Keep the batteries at a temperature range of 16-22 degrees celsius for optimal performance.

Make sure the battery terminals are firmly secured to avoid leakage leading to local action.

keep the terminal lubricated with vaseline or any jelly.

Never increase your inverter float charge more than the manufacturer preset.

I believe most inverters are good the problem users always have is the battery but the best inverters are the full sine wave inverters they deliver distortion-free voltage to your appliances like ups.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by infohenry(m): 12:43am On Jun 09, 2011
fasa2020:

Can anyone here tells me what kva i need to use in my office with 6 systems (flat screen monitors) and 2 wall fans.

If you have no other need for expansion 3kva 24v inverter with 12v 200amp/hr batteries paralled will serve you all day without bothering to run gen.
Give me a call on 08099895312 for durable inverter and technically sound installation.

1 Like

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by ezet(m): 12:54am On Jun 09, 2011
Inverter only converts dc current to ac current while battery is the energy bank. Ur battery determines efficiency ur system. Good system will not let you drain ur battery beyond 50% SOC or DOD so as to prolong the lifespan of ur battery. There is a saying that batteries dont die, they are murdered. Whether a battery will die after 6 months or still be strong after 6 yrs depend on usage. The secrete is that u dont overcharge and dont overdischarge ur baterries.
1. Dod (depth of discharge) should not be more than 50%.
2. Go for system that takes the charging through 3 stages (Bulk, absorption & float).
3. Go for system that will stop the passage of current to ur battery when it is full.
4. Dont leave ur battery at a discharge state for a long time.

Here are no-load typical voltages vs state of charge

State of 12 Volt Volt
Charge battery per Cell
100% 12.7 2.12
90% 12.5 2.08
80% 12.42 2.07
70% 12.32 2.05
60% 12.20 2.03
50% 12.06 2.01
40% 11.9 1.98
30% 11.75 1.96
20% 11.58 1.93
10% 11.31 1.89
0 10.5 1.75

A perfect alternative energy solution will always go with solar power as it ensures everyday charging. The only problem here is that imported solar panel are still expensive (N550-N800 per watt) and the good news is that you can buld it yourself at a very low cost. All panels I built 3 yrs ago are still performing at optimum level. If you dont mind spending big, go for imported panel: you will love it.

4 Likes

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Sparkle777(f): 6:33am On Jun 09, 2011
Any good place in Abuja where one can purchase reliable inverters and batteries?
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nortel: 6:48am On Jun 09, 2011
Please, list good brand(s) of inverter here!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Nobody: 7:27am On Jun 09, 2011
Pls whats the economic difference between battery powered inverters and solar powered inverters?

What are the price difference between battery powered inverters and solar powered inverters?

Where can i buy solar inverters and whats the price like?

Can somebody plllllllllllllsssssssssssssss help explain this to me sad sad sad
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Sagewood: 8:06am On Jun 09, 2011
Interesting thread!
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Zector(m): 8:49am On Jun 09, 2011
My people
Inverter come in different size and make. This then determine the reliability,efficient and durability of the inverter.
I market and install inverter (Xantrex, Magnum and all made in usa inverter products) with wide range of experience.
For any further inquiry u can call me on

08036094485 08098272744
yomi.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Reference(m): 9:45am On Jun 09, 2011
This is the thread I have longed for. So many important point. Prior posts we had the sole views of sellers most of whom didn't know what they were into. Now we have the views of genuine Nigerian users and this has helped. What is left is the picture in perhaps the long term particularly as it concerns cost efficiency. For the careful users where the costs of the batteries is over 50% and are more or less the disposable parts of the system what would be cost profile in the ling term. This can help those who want to establish larger scale systems and intend to use it for primary source of stable power and not just as a back up system.

Secondly to help most Nigerians it is equally important that local technology and manufacturing know how improves. For those experienced in this field have you noticed a closing or widening quality gap between top end foreign imports and top end local products. I would like to know.

However one good thing about all this is that some Nigerians have adopted good conservative practices. Batteries are not eco-friendly by any stretch of the imagination but those power hungry filament bulbs and massive CRT tv's are worse. Anything that can hold forth to suppress generator running times is highly welcome.
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by Eltneg: 9:47am On Jun 09, 2011
I use the Nascent brand of inverters supplied by Nascent Solutions. The Inverters have the advantage of a modified charging system that supplies more amperage to the batteries so that they charge better. I hear that cyberpower inverters usually have issues with charging batteries very well. I don't know how true this is.
The company also installed the inverter in my house such that it works as a UPS for my house. When NEPA is on, the inverter is charging. When NEPA goes off, the inverter automatically comes on without a blink. The TV, Lights and other appliances whose sockets are wired to the inverter continue operating as though nothing happened. Since the AC, fridge and iron are not on inverter, they automatically go off when the inverter is powering the house. Really cool. . . I can work from morning to night without having to stand up to go and change power wink

Nascent Power Solutions

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by femiolorun(m): 9:51am On Jun 09, 2011
INVERTER DESIGNER IN THE HOUSE RIGHT NOW

having gone thru all the point stressed above, im here to give you reality about inverter starting from the battery

BATTERY
over the years i found out that the best battery to use for inverter is deep cycle battery
especially made in korea or malasia run away from china made but made in china with japan technology is also ok.

those point stresses above never state the kind of battery used, honestly deep cycle or as people call it inverter battery is the best
1-if your inverter has low voltage shut down then you should used your deep cycle for 2years
2-if your inverter has no shut down then your deep cycle should use 1.5year

The above point is on every day useage of inveter especially where there is no light (NEPA) and you depend on generator to charge but if you stay where there is NEPA then you are expect to use your battery more than the above calculation cos you battery will not be on the run most of the time
If you are using car battery im sorry wthin 3months your battery will be dead and dead for life

CHARGING YOUR BATTERY
THE PICTURE ATTACHED IS A SMALL CLAM METER THAT EVERY INVERTER USER SHOULD HAVE, SO THAT YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON ON YOUR BATTERY DURING CHARGING IF POSSIBLE

Many people have use inverter and they are discourage due to charging, the truth about it is that when you are using inverter and it does not last like the first day that your battery is new you get discourage and let me tell you that if you buy battery and it serve you like 12hours, it should serve you the same hours with same load when you charge. But this rarely happen the problem is the charging.
So if you are using 100amp battery you need a minimum of 10amp charger and a minimum of 15amp charger if you are draining your battery to 7.5volt, the inverter battery has been built to accomadate such usage but you need a good charger to charger it back to 15volt(cycle use) this fact can also be seen on deep cycle battery. There you see
Standby use 13.2-13.8 and cycle use to 14.4 to 15.0 volt
Cycle use if for inverter application to which you discharge down to 7.5v to 8.2volt
Also if you are using 200amp battery you need a minimum of 20amp charging circuit to charger so that this and 25amp charger if you discharging to 7.5 to 8.2v
But I’m here to tell you that inverter with built in charger cannot do this charging this, but you will hardly know if you have regular NEPA in your house, but remember sometime that your so call nepa will be so low that charging become difficult and slow.
If you want to confirm this you can get this meter to read your current during, in fact I have seen a charger that is charging 200amp delivery only 5amp, the user of this was discourage and solution was given and was happy
So deep cycle battery with good charger will charger your battery to 15v for just 2.5hours and 1.5hours if its 100amp this is what you need to enjoy your inverter.

Inverter
If you want to run up to a duplex what you only need is 3kva inverter this will run virtually everything in your house with a single 200amp unbelievable if you doubt this I will seek permission to release number to you for those using it for you to have a check, when the whole house is on load together with small size frizer you run for 5hours but in the night when you want to run and load is regulated fan and some bulb on then you will use till day break and still use in the afternoon, this 3kva has be design to run both on single battery and two battery this inverter come with 30amp battery charger.

Local inverter
If you have local inverter that is not working fine, maybe humming or not running your fan, to the extent of burning it, we can give you a solution and you will enjoy it,

if anybody is given you inverter make sure it is deep cycle battery.
if you have already made inverter or local one and you are not enjoying it
for more info and solution pls call
femi on 08033681445
josfemi@yahoo.com
BB 2960E531

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by unphilaz(m): 9:51am On Jun 09, 2011
Thanks to the moderator for posting it front page.
Thanks to everyone that has contributed.
sleekman:

Wanna use an inverter at home then I guess you have to follow all the analysis above. Just want to add to these though.
[b]1.5KVA Inverter+100A battery-> Powers 14'' LCD/LED TV, DSTV, 3 Energy bulbs(Phillips, Electrolux(I especially love these bulbs because they have sunlight sensors(Check GAME)) & OSRAM), 1-2 Ceiling fans.
Duration-> 3-8hrs depending on usage.
[/b]If the technician u hired is good he can construct something better so as to be able to connect more batteries for longer usage as well as shorter charging time. More like boosting charge time.
Some technicians aren't that good so I'll leave you some tips.
-If u have some additional cash you can go for a solar panel and a solar controller
-Setup the inverter and batteries in a cool place that's devoid of a damp humidity. Also, avoid direct sunlight on the batteries.
-If you have to use a fridge or freezer or A/Cs then makes sure these come on 1st b4 others because these require extra power to startup.

Now for a 3KVA Inverter+4x100A battery)->Powers 32'' LCD/LED TV, DSTV, 6-7 Energy bulbs, 0.5 or 1KVA A/C or a table top fridge or freezer, 4-12hrs depending on usage.

Some more technicality, if u wish to connect the inverter to the entire flat then u must use an AVR for A/Cs, Fridges, Freezers etc & set the timer to 5mins. Furthermore 5mins can be enuf time to switch off the 25A fuse on the fusebox.

Quick calculation on the load terminologies.
KVA->Kilovolt x Ampere which is power (Watts) so more like KiloWatt. 1KW=1KVA.
Before U use anything check the manual for the power requirements. The reason why NEPA charges faster is because NEPA supplies increased voltage and generators do not. To boost NEPAs voltage use a stabilizer.

the above poster has don well in analysing above for me at least it gives me a good pix. thanks poster

on the buyrite website, i saw this option[b] 1KVA + Installation + external changeover switch + 1 x PRAG 12V 200 AH Battery[/b], pls SUV etc kindly answer, how many appliances can the one they(buyrite) have displayed carry i.e tv,dstv,laptop,bulbs etc
Re: Inverter Users : Lets Have Your Experience by sugafoot(m): 10:00am On Jun 09, 2011
good job house!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (165) (Reply)

How To Hack Any Wifi Network Password Using Cmd / Huawei USB Modem Unlocker - Download Here! / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.