Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,811 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Thank You Athiest - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thank You Athiest (2024 Views)

Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? / How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest / Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thank You Athiest by unphilaz(m): 8:30pm On Jun 06, 2011
Atheist i wish to appreciate the work you have done on the nairaland especially against the Christian religion. I am really impressed with the type and manner of questions u have posted and asked on quite a many thread. however, i wish to state that the more you ask questions on issues of spirituality especially God etc, i have instead been drawn closer to Him for this very reason: Christian Religion vs Christian Life.

In the churches today and most thread, what i read and hear is all about the christian religion- its dogma, its rules and a list of things to do and not to do and as a result it brings about what i believe is spiritual burnout where one becomes delusional about the things of God. On the contrary, Christian life is not based on rules/dogma by a selected few who decide for it but it is a life that transcends the rules regulated by the church. its no wonder a lot of people are turning to atheism because what we have today is a bunch of set rules that is stipulated to imitate the Life of the Vine.

A lot of Christians believe that just as all religions have laws/rules, so also must the christian religion also and this in no small measure has not differentiated Christians from the man on the streets. Muslims have sharia, Jews have the torah etc but is christian life based on the laws men stipulate or is it the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. and i guess could be the reason humanist now are stating their own universal law of love or whatever.

It is written that the Power that raised Christ from the grave dwells in a believer yet we have tried to exagerrate rules on how that power must operate and this has brought a lot of confusion and struggle in the christian. i believe that the life Christ has should be allowed to flow just as a branch does not struggle to bear leaves/fruits but simply remains in the vine so that the Life of the Vine will flow naturally to bear fruit so that the world may see which is not the case.

there is a lot of heated debate on riches/poverty, health/sickness in the church and one wonders whether there is anything really good news about Christianity. but is that the core of Christianity, issues that are here and tomorrow they become meaningless. i believe the simple message of what the Gospel brings is this, that in any message preached by any man of God should be based on exaltation of the Life of Christ in the believer, accepting the abundance of grace/gift of righteousness and finally what one hear if it doesn't give peace and Joy should be discarded.

Finally, athiest, i know u might try to reason out what i have said well that is ok but above all i want you to seek the Christian life not the religious nonsense in the church that has brought grief from the orthodox to the pentecostals.
Re: Thank You Athiest by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 06, 2011
May God bless YOU!!!
Re: Thank You Athiest by JeSoul(f): 9:50pm On Jun 06, 2011
unphilaz:

Atheist i wish to appreciate the work you have done on the nairaland especially against the Christian religion. I am really impressed with the type and manner of questions u have posted and asked on quite a many thread. however, i wish to state that the more you ask questions on issues of spirituality especially God etc, i have instead been drawn closer to Him for this very reason: Christian Religion vs Christian Life.

In the churches today and most thread, what i read and hear is all about the christian religion- its dogma, its rules and a list of things to do and not to do and as a result it brings about what i believe is spiritual burnout where one becomes delusional about the things of God. On the contrary, Christian life is not based on rules/dogma by a selected few who decide for it but it is a life that transcends the rules regulated by the church. its no wonder a lot of people are turning to atheism because what we have today is a bunch of set rules that is stipulated to imitate the Life of the Vine.

A lot of Christians believe that just as all religions have laws/rules, so also must the christian religion also and this in no small measure has not differentiated Christians from the man on the streets. Muslims have sharia, Jews have the torah etc but is christian life based on the laws men stipulate or is it the Law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. and i guess could be the reason humanist now are stating their own universal law of love or whatever.

It is written that the Power that raised Christ from the grave dwells in a believer yet we have tried to exagerrate rules on how that power must operate and this has brought a lot of confusion and struggle in the christian. i believe that the life Christ has should be allowed to flow just as a branch does not struggle to bear leaves/fruits but simply remains in the vine so that the Life of the Vine will flow naturally to bear fruit so that the world may see which is not the case.

there is a lot of heated debate on riches/poverty, health/sickness in the church and one wonders whether there is anything really good news about Christianity. but is that the core of Christianity, issues that are here and tomorrow they become meaningless. i believe the simple message of what the Gospel brings is this, that in any message preached by any man of God should be based on exaltation of the Life of Christ in the believer, accepting the abundance of grace/gift of righteousness and finally what one hear if it doesn't give peace and Joy should be discarded.

Finally, athiest, i know u might try to reason out what i have said well that is ok but above all i want you to seek the Christian life not the religious nonsense in the church that has brought grief from the orthodox to the pentecostals.
cheesy Thank you Atheists oh!!! grin
Unphilaz, may the God that you serve never cease to bestow wisdom beyond worldly comprehension upon you.
Re: Thank You Athiest by mazaje(m): 10:50pm On Jun 06, 2011
What exactly is the Christian life?. . . . .It seems every body is self projecting him/her self as God and telling others what he/she wants them to believe . . . .Any way thats how it has been and how it will continue to be. . . . . .

unphilaz:

Are you sure?. . . . . In the Christianity I was raised in, faith, belief, trust in God are higher virtues than reason and logic. . . . .You are made to accept everything the bible says on faith even if there are so many evidence to the contrary and even if what is stated does not agree with the reality around you. . . . . One takes the Bible on faith that it's true and is a better Christian for it. To apply reason shows a lack of faith. .There are a number of methods of dealing with what seems to be unavoidable cognitive dissonance. One is, to suppress or deny the knowledge. This can be done by fervently throwing oneself into apologetics and research. Another (and I suspect more common) approach is to become very liberal in one's beliefs, substituting a vague and distant "universal force" for a personal God, and a metaphorical, allegorical reading of scripture for a literal one or just saying that every body is getting it wrongly and you alone is right like the OP is doing and other Christians on NL are fond of doing. . .In fact most Christians I know are now taking this position. . . .They throw every body that does not agree with their opinions and interpretation  under the bus and claim monopoly of knowledge just to keep the faith alive since they are too fearful of dropping their deeply held beliefs. . . .

If one's religion is not central to one's life, then a liberal interpretation can be sufficient to quell the cognitive dissonance and allow the faithful to continue to embrace a vaguely-defined feel-good social religion. It is those of us who fervently embraced religion who are really stuck when reality contradicts our faith. Compromise is not an acceptable solution, so we must either work furiously to justify our faith, or abandon it entirely.  And YES I was a fundamentalist end of days enthusiast Christian back in the days. . . .
Re: Thank You Athiest by Sweetnecta: 12:10am On Jun 07, 2011
@JeSoul; [Quote]Cheesy Thank you Atheists oh!!! Grin
Unphilaz, may the God that you serve never cease to bestow wisdom beyond worldly comprehension upon you.[/Quote]even if the bible says 'there are 3 that bear witness . . . ? how is 'are 3' [plural] is 'God' [singular]?

maybe the bible misspeaks? intending to say there is One that Witness . . . . that One is God.

or

it intended to say 'there are Three that Witness in heaven. . . . these Three are Gods.

one of the two is a better, clearer expression with less confusion than 'there are three that bear witness in heaven. these three are one God'. this is bad message.

you know it and i certainly know it.
Re: Thank You Athiest by mazaje(m): 2:10am On Jun 07, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@JeSoul; even if the bible says 'there are 3 that bear witness . . . ? how is 'are 3' [plural] is 'God' [singular]?

maybe the bible misspeaks? intending to say there is One that Witness . . . . that One is God.

or

it intended to say 'there are Three that Witness in heaven. . . . these Three are Gods.

one of the two is a better, clearer expression with less confusion than 'there are three that bear witness in heaven. these three are one God'. this is bad message.

As if your own Koran is any better. . . . . .
Re: Thank You Athiest by unphilaz(m): 9:22am On Jun 07, 2011
@jesoul etc
May we see the life against the religion that has made people like mazaje fall away!

@mazaje

mazaje:

What exactly is the Christian life?. . . . .It seems every body is self projecting him/her self as God and telling others what he/she wants them to believe . . . .Any way thats how it has been and how it will continue to be. . . . . .

the Christian life is simply the Life of Christ. You see i see Christianity as a sort of a (or rather like a) system that has a life (Christ) that each part is linked to unlike the religion that pride itself on rules/regulation that i believe u once found yourself in that has disappointed you and really it is good it failed you.

The Vine tree has branches and all you see is the vine,its branches,fruits but you dont see the life that flows through the vine and by extension through the branches and leaves. so the mistake (i prefer to use mistake) that the Christians have made is that if the life of Christ manifest in an individual, it is taken dogmatically by the followers as the way God wants to manifest only and more than once it becomes a ritual and rules are made to maintain the Life.

In my opinion, atheism is a counterfeit of the Christ Life because the Life of Christ is operated by the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. Atheism is not based on rules but on the individual choice and points one to oneself. on the other hand the Christ Life points to the Vine which the branch depends not on rules.

Are you sure?. . . . . In the Christianity I was raised in, faith, belief, trust in God are higher virtues than reason and logic. . . . .You are made to accept everything the bible says on faith even if there are so many evidence to the contrary and even if what is stated does not agree with the reality around you. . . . . One takes the Bible on faith that it's true and is a better Christian for it. To apply reason shows a lack of faith. .There are a number of methods [/b]of dealing with what seems to be unavoidable cognitive dissonance. One is, to suppress or deny the knowledge. This can be done by fervently throwing oneself into apologetics and research. Another (and I suspect more common) approach is to become very liberal in one's beliefs, substituting a vague and distant "universal force" for a personal God, and a metaphorical, allegorical reading of scripture for a literal one or [b]just saying that every body is getting it wrongly and you alone is right like the OP is doing and other Christians on NL are fond of doing. . . infact most Christians I know are now taking this position. . . .They throw every body that does not agree with their opinions and interpretation  under the bus and claim monopoly of knowledge just to keep the faith alive since they are too fearful of dropping their deeply held beliefs. . . .

If one's religion is not central to one's life, then a liberal interpretation can be sufficient to quell the cognitive dissonance and allow the faithful to continue to embrace a vaguely-defined feel-good social religion. It is those of us who fervently embraced religion who are really stuck when reality contradicts our faith. Compromise is not an acceptable solution, so we must either work furiously to justify our faith, or abandon it entirely.  And YES I was a fundamentalist end of days enthusiast Christian back in the days. . . .

Yes that is what i want you to know that all above is simply Christian Religion! Rules and regulation you are made to follow that more than not has brought pain and grief but certainly not the Life of Christ.

Each Life has its own rules that it operates by, you dont expect the life of a fish to operate on ground no more the life of man to live in space. The only way one life can operate in an environment that it is not part of it is use inbetween e.g for man to enter space he has to use space suit to enable him operate. so also for the Life of Christ to manifest is based on faith in Christ and not on rules.

Now you stated it "number of methods" and that is the rules we are stating that brings grief and disappointment. And i am not saying that i am the only one right but i am simply pointing that a tree has a life and how that life manifest is now what i wish to encourage among Christians. some will disagree with me while some will agree but the bottom line is that The Vine(tree) has a Life that the branches/leaves must get nourishment from.
Re: Thank You Athiest by unphilaz(m): 9:35am On Jun 07, 2011
@jesoul etc
May we see the life against the religion that has made people like mazaje fall away!

@mazaje

mazaje:

Are you sure?. . . . . In the Christianity I was raised in, faith, belief, trust in God are higher virtues than reason and logic. . . . .You are made to accept everything the bible says on faith even if there are so many evidence to the contrary and even if what is stated does not agree with the reality around you. . . . . One takes the Bible on faith that it's true and is a better Christian for it. To apply reason shows a lack of faith. .There are a number of methods [/b]of dealing with what seems to be unavoidable cognitive dissonance. One is, to suppress or deny the knowledge. This can be done by fervently throwing oneself into apologetics and research. Another (and I suspect more common) approach is to become very liberal in one's beliefs, substituting a vague and distant "universal force" for a personal God, and a metaphorical, allegorical reading of scripture for a literal one or [b]just saying that every body is getting it wrongly and you alone is right like the OP is doing and other Christians on NL are fond of doing. . . infact most Christians I know are now taking this position. . . .They throw every body that does not agree with their opinions and interpretation  under the bus and claim monopoly of knowledge just to keep the faith alive since they are too fearful of dropping their deeply held beliefs. . . .

the Christian life is simply the Life of Christ. You see i see Christianity as a sort of a (or rather like a) system that has a life (Christ) that each part is linked to unlike the religion that pride itself on rules/regulation that i believe u once found yourself in that has disappointed you and really it is good it failed you.

The Vine tree has branches and all you see is the vine,its branches,fruits but you dont see the life that flows through the vine and by extension through the branches and leaves. so the mistake (i prefer to use mistake) that the Christians have made is that if the life of Christ manifest in an individual, it is taken dogmatically by the followers as the way God wants to manifest only and more than once it becomes a ritual and rules are made to maintain the Life.

In my opinion, atheism is a counterfeit of the Christ Life because the Life of Christ is operated by the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. Atheism is not based on rules but on the individual choice and points one to oneself. on the other hand the Christ Life points to the Vine which the branch depends not on rules.

Yes that is what i want you to know that all above is simply Christian Religion! Rules and regulation you are made to follow that more than not has brought pain and grief but certainly not the Life of Christ.

Each Life has its own rules that it operates by, you dont expect the life of a fish to operate on ground no more the life of man to live in space. The only way one life can operate in an environment that it is not part of it is use inbetween e.g for man to enter space he has to use space suit to enable him operate. so also for the Life of Christ to manifest is based on faith in Christ and not on rules.

Now you stated it "number of methods" and that is the rules we are stating that brings grief and disappointment. And i am not saying that i am the only one right but i am simply pointing that a tree has a life and how that life manifest is now what i wish to encourage among Christians. some will disagree with me while some will agree but the bottom line is that The Vine(tree) has a Life that the branches/leaves must get nourishment from.
Re: Thank You Athiest by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 07, 2011
Christian Life and not christian religion? Whatever!!! Just another version of the same apologetic, "christianity is not a religion, its a way of life".

Christianity is not a religion, its a personal relationship with Jesus.

Christianity is not a religion, its a lifestyle.

Christianity is not a religion, its a relationship with god.

Christianity means love. ( but everyone is going to be tortured for eternity)

Just the other day, some christian called the bible the ultimate love story. A love story that ends with the torture and murder of the love interest. (the book of revelations)

unphilaz:

[b]In my opinion, atheism is a counterfeit of the Christ Life because the Life of Christ is operated by the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus. Atheism is not based on rules but on the individual choice and points one to oneself. on the other hand the Christ Life points to the Vine which the branch depends not on rules.[/b]

WTF?
Re: Thank You Athiest by Sweetnecta: 10:18am On Jun 07, 2011
@Mazaje; « #5 on: Today at 02:10:36 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 12:10:21 AM
@JeSoul; even if the bible says 'there are 3 that bear witness . . . ? how is 'are 3' [plural] is 'God' [singular]?

or

As if your own Koran is any better. . . . . . Huh Huh[/Quote]is it still cold in sweden, since you wrote as if the brain is frozen? tell me how your response addresses what i wrote, above. you can't just throw jabs, and don't expect me to duck and throw my own. i have the options of [1] a jab for a jab whether you hit me or you missed, [2] a mere avoidance of your jab, [3] don't jab if you hit me. each of the 3 is a real life condition which your heart, if you are normal can grasp. as long as i'm not the thrower of the first jab, am good to take any of the three options. what is naturally normal is always on the safer side. islam is unlike not so sincere stand of turning the other cheek, and saying 3 are 1 or 1 is 3 is not sensible. you know it, so does jesoul and i definitely know it.
Re: Thank You Athiest by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 07, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Mazaje; « #5 on: Today at 02:10:36 AM »is it still cold in sweden, since you wrote as if the brain is frozen? tell me how your response addresses what i wrote, above. you can't just throw jabs, and don't expect me to duck and throw my own. i have the options of [1] a jab for a jab whether you hit me or you missed, [2] a mere avoidance of your jab, [3] don't jab if you hit me. each of the 3 is a real life condition which your heart, if you are normal can grasp. as long as i'm not the thrower of the first jab, am good to take any of the three options. what is naturally normal is always on the safer side. islam is unlike not so sincere stand of turning the other cheek, and saying 3 are 1 or 1 is 3 is not sensible. you know it, so does jesoul and i definitely know it.

Yea, yea , yea, we definietely know it. Your invicible allah is the one true god, the trinity doesn't make sense, god speaks arabic, adam was a muslim and Osama bin laden is chilling with mohammed and some virgins in paradise.
We acknowledge the fact that arabs are the chosen people and we should all learn the language of god which is arabic. Thank you.

Can you give this same old rhetoric a rest now. Please? For the love of Allah?
Re: Thank You Athiest by PastorAIO: 11:35am On Jun 07, 2011
Martian:

Yea, yea , yea, we definietely know it. Your invicible allah is the one true god, the trinity doesn't make sense, god speaks arabic, adam was a muslim and Osama bin laden is chilling with mohammed and some virgins in paradise.
We acknowledge the fact that arabs are the chosen people and we should all learn the language of god which is arabic. Thank you.

Yes o, the same fusat that Adam spoke and stayed intact up until the time Mohammed wrote the Koran and only then, after the Koran was written did it start to evolve like other languages so that there is no one around today that can speak fusat and the various arabic dialects today are as different from Fusat (7th century arabic) as modern english is from Chaucer ( medieval english). Have you ever tried to read Chaucer?

Experience, though noon auctoritee
Were in this world, is right ynogh for me
To speke of wo that is in mariage;
For, lordynges, sith I twelve yeer was of age,
Thonked be God that is eterne on lyve,
Housbondes at chirche dore I have had fyve, --
If I so ofte myghte have ywedded bee, --
And alle were worthy men in hir degree.
But me was toold, certeyn, nat longe agoon is,
That sith that crist ne wente nevere but onis
To weddyng, in the cane of galilee,
That by the same ensample taughte he me
That I ne sholde wedded be but ones.

Translation into modern english:

Experience, though no authority
Were in this world, were good enough for me,
To speak of woe that is in all marriage;
For, masters, since I was twelve years of age,
Thanks be to God Who is for aye alive,
Of husbands at church door have I had five;
For men so many times have wedded me;
And all were worthy men in their degree.
But someone told me not so long ago
That since Our Lord, save once, would never go
To wedding (that at Cana in Galilee),
Thus, by this same example, showed He me
I never should have married more than once.
Re: Thank You Athiest by mazaje(m): 12:23pm On Jun 07, 2011
Martian:

Thanks jare. . . .I tire for this slave of Allah ohh . . . . .
Re: Thank You Athiest by unphilaz(m): 12:43pm On Jun 07, 2011
@mazaje
mazaje:

Are you sure?. . . . . In the Christianity I was raised in, faith, belief, trust in God are higher virtues than reason and logic. . . . .You are made to accept everything the bible says on faith even if there are so many evidence to the contrary and even if what is stated does not agree with the reality around you. . . . . One takes the Bible on faith that it's true and is a better Christian for it. To apply reason shows a lack of faith. .There are a number of methods of dealing with what seems to be unavoidable cognitive dissonance. One is, to suppress or deny the knowledge. This can be done by fervently throwing oneself into apologetics and research. Another (and I suspect more common) approach is to become very liberal in one's beliefs, substituting a vague and distant "universal force" for a personal God, and a metaphorical, allegorical reading of scripture for a literal one or just saying that every body is getting it wrongly and you alone is right like the OP is doing and other Christians on NL are fond of doing. . .In fact most Christians I know are now taking this position. . . .They throw every body that does not agree with their opinions and interpretation  under the bus and claim monopoly of knowledge just to keep the faith alive since they are too fearful of dropping their deeply held beliefs. . . .

In the above post, u highlighted that logic and reasoning is not part of the christian religion, i agree but not the christian life. Logic and reasoning is what has gotten me to write the above post since what we see in the religion is man-made and strictly directed at man by man but not the Christian life.

You would agree with me that logic and reasoning for a particular field cannot be applied to another field, rather people in the other field will simply live by faith that what one says in the other field is true because he/she knows more. for example when i as a musician (having my logic and reasoning based on music) will willingly believe the medical doctor if s/he diagnose me as having malaria. do i simply reject that claim because it is contrary to my "logic and reasoning" from music? No i think i will simply by faith believe that what s/he is right and so i depend on such a one's judgment.

@martian
Martian:

Christian Life and not christian religion? Whatever!!! Just another version of the same apologetic, "christianity is not a religion, its a way of life".

Christianity is not a religion, its a personal relationship with Jesus.

Christianity is not a religion, its a lifestyle.

Christianity is not a religion, its a relationship with god.

Christianity means love. ( but everyone is going to be tortured for eternity)

Just the other day, some christian called the bible the ultimate love story. A love story that ends with the torture and murder of the love interest. (the book of revelations)

WTF?

with respect to ur person, christianity religion is what u r referring up there pls. Sorry smiley smiley smiley
Re: Thank You Athiest by JeSoul(f): 2:37pm On Jun 07, 2011
mazaje:

Are you sure?. . . . . In the Christianity I was raised in, faith, belief, trust in God are higher virtues than reason and logic. . . . .You are made to accept everything the bible says on faith even if there are so many evidence to the contrary and even if what is stated does not agree with the reality around you. . . . . One takes the Bible on faith that it's true and is a better Christian for it. To apply reason shows a lack of faith. .There are a number of methods of dealing with what seems to be unavoidable cognitive dissonance. One is, to suppress or deny the knowledge. This can be done by fervently throwing oneself into apologetics and research. Another (and I suspect more common) approach is to become very liberal in one's beliefs, substituting a vague and distant "universal force" for a personal God, and a metaphorical, allegorical reading of scripture for a literal one or just saying that every body is getting it wrongly and you alone is right like the OP is doing and other Christians on NL are fond of doing. . .In fact most Christians I know are now taking this position. . . .They throw every body that does not agree with their opinions and interpretation under the bus and claim monopoly of knowledge just to keep the faith alive since they are too fearful of dropping their deeply held beliefs. . . .

If one's religion is not central to one's life, then a liberal interpretation can be sufficient to quell the cognitive dissonance and allow the faithful to continue to embrace a vaguely-defined feel-good social religion. It is those of us who fervently embraced religion who are really stuck when reality contradicts our faith. Compromise is not an acceptable solution, so we must either work furiously to justify our faith, or abandon it entirely. And YES I was a fundamentalist end of days enthusiast Christian back in the days. . . .
. . . these atheists self . . . you criticize them - them go talk, you praise and thank them - them go still talk. Can't you just accept the thanks and carry go? angry cheesy

unphilaz:

You would agree with me that logic and reasoning for a particular field cannot be applied to another field, rather people in the other field will simply live by faith that what one says in the other field is true because he/she knows more. for example when i as a musician (having my logic and reasoning based on music) will willingly believe the medical doctor if s/he diagnose me as having malaria. do i simply reject that claim because it is contrary to my "logic and reasoning" from music? No i think i will simply by faith believe that what s/he is right and so i depend on such a one's judgment.
+1000.

1 Like

Re: Thank You Athiest by Sweetnecta: 5:01pm On Jun 07, 2011
[Quote]« #10 on: Today at 11:11:29 AM »

Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 10:18:54 AM
@Mazaje; « #5 on: Today at 02:10:36 AM »is it still cold in sweden, since you wrote as if the brain is frozen? tell me how your response addresses what i wrote, above. you can't just throw jabs, and don't expect me to duck and throw my own. i have the options of [1] a jab for a jab whether you hit me or you missed, [2] a mere avoidance of your jab, [3] don't jab if you hit me. each of the 3 is a real life condition which your heart, if you are normal can grasp. as long as i'm not the thrower of the first jab, am good to take any of the three options. what is naturally normal is always on the safer side. islam is unlike not so sincere stand of turning the other cheek, and saying 3 are 1 or 1 is 3 is not sensible. you know it, so does jesoul and i definitely know it.

Report to moderator Logged
Pastor AIO

Re: Thank You Athiest
« #11 on: Today at 11:35:42 AM »

Quote from: Martian on Today at 11:11:29 AM

Yes o, the same fusat that Adam spoke and stayed intact up until the time Mohammed wrote the Koran and only then, after the Koran was written did it start to evolve like other languages so that there is no one around today that can speak fusat and the various arabic dialects today are as different from Fusat (7th century arabic) as modern english is from Chaucer ( medieval english). Have you ever tried to read Chaucer?[/Quote]is the bold your own imagination makeup or you have authentic proof, either from Quran itself or its authentic ahadith? the boys in your youth in England must have left an erasable blow on religion in your mind. Quran or islam does not say that Adam spoke Arabic. We know that the present day man is from the loin of Noah after the flood. No time was the language or languages spoken by any of these men.

@mazaje (m) « #12 on: Today at 12:23:19 PM »
[Quote]Quote from: Martian on Today at 11:11:29 AM

Thanks jare. . . .I tire for this slave of Allah ohh . . . . .[/Quote]Mazaje, you are a trip. who is your boss? sweden am sure. and sweden is tiny in reality. do google earth.
Re: Thank You Athiest by PastorAIO: 6:14pm On Jun 07, 2011
Phew! Now I truly believe that you are not Olabowale. Olabowale once tried to argue that Fusat was the language that Adam spoke and the language of God and the angels.

So you accept that Arabic is a language just like any other language in the world and it goes through it's own evolutionary stages. Good. I know some other moslems that will still keep arguing illogically. The more logical ones will run away when they find that they cannot argue against the facts.
Re: Thank You Athiest by thehomer: 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2011
unphilaz:

Good for you that these questions sent you closer to God.

unphilaz:

So what is your Christian life based on?

unphilaz:

Actually, I think Christians take their rules from the Bible but where do you think they get these laws from?

unphilaz:

What else can this power that raised Christ do? Can it raise other dead people? Can it cure others of cancer? Can it heal amputees?

unphilaz:

I think a lot of churches do say this. Only that the abundance flows from the congregation and manifests on the church leaders while minimizing the terrors instilled by the said church leaders.

unphilaz:

What is so good about the Christian life that it should be sought above other things?

1 Like

Re: Thank You Athiest by mazaje(m): 7:36pm On Jun 07, 2011
What the hell is Sweetnecta saying
Re: Thank You Athiest by Sweetnecta: 11:33pm On Jun 07, 2011
^^^^^^ i need to learn the language of your master; the swedes so that you can now understand me, abi?

you are a slave to mere mortal. the state, the people of that state. this is the worst state of mind.
Re: Thank You Athiest by unphilaz(m): 10:12am On Jun 08, 2011
thehomer:

So what is your Christian life based on?
Note it is the life of Christ not my life.

Actually, I think Christians take their rules from the Bible but where do you think they get these laws from?

in actual sense it is not suppose to be based on laws/rules - do and donts - on life and u will agree that a life cannot be controlled by rules but its own generated rules. for example when a body of water comes across and obstacle, it simply decides on the course it want to take and not one set by anyone and that is the Life for you. Now the bible is not actually a book of rules but it shows how that life that the bible speaks of operates which men have tried to reduce to dos and donts.

What else can this power that raised Christ do? Can it raise other dead people? Can it cure others of cancer? Can it heal amputees?
Great! the reason why u have not been seeing the above is becos Religion has overstep Life and hence the life(power) is not witnessed which has led to the strength of atheism/humanism.

I think a lot of churches do say this. Only that the abundance flows from the congregation and manifests on the church leaders while minimizing the terrors instilled by the said church leaders.

You have ritely stated "lot of churches" as i said earlier its the doctrines/dogma of this organised churches that has hindered life. A Vine Life cannot be controlled by the branches/leaves but vice versa.

What is so good about the Christian life that it should be [b]sought above other things?[/b]
smileythanks for your question, this made me to pause and reflect . . . good. . . Life . . . above other things! Hmm! its really deep, really deep!!!
Re: Thank You Athiest by mazaje(m): 7:48pm On Jun 08, 2011
Sweetnecta:

^^^^^^ i need to learn the language of your master; the swedes so that you can now understand me, abi?

you are a slave to mere mortal. the state, the people of that state. this is the worst state of mind.

grin grin grin grin grin. . . .What exactly is this slave of Allah saying?,
Re: Thank You Athiest by Sweetnecta: 9:26pm On Jun 08, 2011
@mazaje; ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ in layman term; you are now uncle tom. what they call house nggh in the days, and even now; street language; whiteman wanna be.

you aint from harlem 'no more' as blacks in america, okay in old new york city tell the blacks denying that they are blacks because of their 'enlightenment' in your case you are denying that you are a slave of your Creator, but when you take in everything the white people you live with in sweden, without any reservation, you have became their slave, except by your not seeing your own follies, you dont know.

i know who am a slave to; God Who created me.

you on the other hand adopted sweden, or that ideology [atheism] as your lord. but that lord of yours shall perish in due course.
Re: Thank You Athiest by mazaje(m): 10:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@mazaje; ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ in layman term; you are now uncle tom. what they call house nggh in the days, and even now; street language; whiteman wanna be.

Why am I a white man wanna be?  . . . .You are an Arab man wanna be, no?. . . . .

you aint from harlem 'no more' as blacks in america, okay in old new york city tell the blacks denying that they are blacks because of their 'enlightenment' in your case you are denying that you are a slave of your Creator,

When did any creator appear to YOU in person or speak to you directly informing you that I or any body is his/her slave? . . . . . .Where you there at "creation" to know that Mohammed's version of creator is what truly created the universe

but when you take in everything the white people you live with in sweden, without any reservation, you have became their slave, except by your not seeing your own follies, you dont know.

It is you who has taken everything the lying Arabs told you that is a slave to them(Arabs). . . . .

i know who am a slave to; God Who created me.

Your evidence to show that Allah created you beside what is written in the lying pages of the Koran which happens to be nothing other than the writings of deluded ancient Arab men is what

you on the other hand adopted sweden, or that ideology [atheism] as your lord. but that lord of yours shall perish in due course.

And Islam is not an ideology, eh? Any way Islam is not even fit to be called an ideology because Islam is a myth. . . .Your myth will be relegated to the realm of mythology that it belongs like other myths that came before it in the past
Re: Thank You Athiest by thehomer: 11:43pm On Jun 08, 2011
unphilaz:

Note it is the life of Christ not my life.

Not your life? Is it Christ that is living your life or are you the one living your life trying to base this on Christ?

unphilaz:

in actual sense it is not suppose to be based on laws/rules - do and donts - on life and u will agree that a life cannot be controlled by rules but its own generated rules. for example when a body of water comes across and obstacle, it simply decides on the course it want to take and not one set by anyone and that is the Life for you. Now the bible is not actually a book of rules but it shows how that life that the bible speaks of operates which men have tried to reduce to dos and donts.

Where did you get this information? Is it from the Bible or did Christ tell you this directly?

unphilaz:

Great! the reason why u have not been seeing the above is becos Religion has overstep Life and hence the life(power) is not witnessed which has led to the strength of atheism/humanism.

So are you effectively saying is that due to religion, the expectations from the religion are not obtained?

unphilaz:

You have ritely stated "lot of churches" as i said earlier its the doctrines/dogma of this organised churches that has hindered life. A Vine Life cannot be controlled by the branches/leaves but vice versa.

So you wish to present a church without doctrines or dogma? Please present an outline of how you wish to go about doing this.

unphilaz:

smileythanks for your question, this made me to pause and reflect . . . good. . . Life . . . above other things! Hmm! its really deep, really deep!!!

After this reflection, what is your response?
Re: Thank You Athiest by Sweetnecta: 3:14am On Jun 09, 2011
@Mazaje; « #23 on: Yesterday at 10:31:18 PM »
[Quote]Why am I a white man wanna be? Huh Huh. . . .You are an Arab man wanna be, no?. . . . .[/Quote]i know the bold is your headache now. and as to the other part, as a yoruba man, i am an arab. go read obj's book, and no yoruba has opposed him on our arabness.

[Quote]When did any creator appear to YOU in person or speak to you directly informing you that I or any body is his/her slave? Huh Huh. . . . . .Were you there at "creation" to know that Mohammed's version of creator is what truly created the universe?Huh??[/Quote]my soul accepts the story of creation from the Quran, unlike let us create man in our own image and in our likeness. and when you ask them to describe what that means, the christians will have a writer's block. and as for you, except that mom and dad said they are the vessel of which the Creator created you, were you there at your creation? yet you believed your parents, who had the same story from their own parents about them. parents do not always tell children that they had to wrestle many times and the wrestle that God used to create the child, even the wrestlers can identify it. see how much humans know.

[Quote]It is you who has taken everything the lying Arabs told you that is a slave to them(Arabs). . . . .[/Quote]i am arab as i have stated concerning the origin of the yorubas. further, i dont live in any arab country. you on the other hand is not white and you live in a first class anti religion white man's country, the reason you are a wanna be. i can do this with you all day long.

[Quote]Your evidence to show that Allah created you beside what is written in the lying pages of the Koran which happens to be nothing other than the writings of deluded ancient Arab men is what?Huh??[/Quote]my soul and my ability to independently reason after i observe the order in creation. let me share an example with you; every year, there is a winter, followed by a spring, and then a summer after it and the circle ends with fall, which you may call autumn. that does not change year in, year out. pay attention, mazaje.

[Quote]And Islam is not an ideology, eh? Any way Islam is not even fit to be called an ideology because Islam is a myth. . . .Your myth will be relegated to the realm of mythology that it belongs like other myths that came before it in the past[/Quote]ou do know that it Islam is the fastest growing religion, in the whole wide world? if this is the way you argue, you have a long list of basic knowledge that you are short of. enjoy the two videos below;
http://www.thedeenshow.com/show.php?action=listvideo&sid=61&id=1016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6p5w5adsU4&feature=relmfu
Re: Thank You Athiest by PAGAN9JA(m): 7:45am On Jun 09, 2011
Sweetnecta:

@Mazaje; « #23 on: Yesterday at 10:31:18 PM »i know the bold is your headache now. and as to the other part, as a yoruba man, i am an arab. go read obj's book, and no yoruba has opposed him on our arabness.
my soul accepts the story of creation from the Quran, unlike let us create man in our own image and in our likeness. and when you ask them to describe what that means, the christians will have a writer's block. and as for you, except that mom and dad said they are the vessel of which the Creator created you, were you there at your creation? yet you believed your parents, who had the same story from their own parents about them. parents do not always tell children that they had to wrestle many times and the wrestle that God used to create the child, even the wrestlers can identify it. see how much humans know.

i am arab as i have stated concerning the origin of the yorubas. further, i dont live in any arab country. you on the other hand is not white and you live in a first class anti religion white man's country, the reason you are a wanna be. i can do this with you all day long.

my soul and my ability to independently reason after i observe the order in creation. let me share an example with you; every year, there is a winter, followed by a spring, and then a summer after it and the circle ends with fall, which you may call autumn. that does not change year in, year out. pay attention, mazaje.

ou do know that it Islam is the fastest growing religion, in the whole wide world? if this is the way you argue, you have a long list of basic knowledge that you are short of. enjoy the two videos below;

THATS AA LIE!!!!!!!!!!! U LIE ABOUT your ANCESTORS!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

u have commited aa grave sin by rejecting your true ancestors, a grave sinn,

The Yorubas r aa West African ""black"" tribe and hav NOTHING WHASOEVA to do with d white a$$ arabs,
THE YORUBAS R D DESCENDENTS OF ODUDUWA.

n derz no point in arguin u ppl, cuz u both r wannabes. one, d moslem, is aa arab wannabe( i jus proved by how he so wants to be associated wi d arabs. i wud kindly advise him to stand in front of d mirror and luk at his reflection n see his skin color  angry angry) , d other is a white wannabe, i.e., d christians.

ME, i am aa Naira wannabe, cuz am aa PROUD-PAGAN-MAGUZAWA-HAUSA and im not so shameless enuf ta reject my true ancestor as all my brethren here hav done. angry angry angry angry angry angry

plz my friends, dont do this. by rejecting your true religions and ancestors, u r destroying your culture and rich heritage. this is not right.  sad sad sad sad
Re: Thank You Athiest by PastorAIO: 7:53am On Jun 09, 2011
PAGAN 9JA:

THATS AA LIE!!!!!!!!!!! U LIE ABOUT your ANCESTORS!!!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry

The Yorubas r aa West African ""black"" tribe and hav NOTHING WHASOEVA to do with d white a$$ arabs,

n derz no point in arguin u ppl, cuz u both r wannabes. one, d moslem, is aa arab wannabe( i jus proved by how he so wants to be associated wi d arabs. i wud kindly advise him to stand in front of d mirror and luk at his reflection n see his skin color  angry angry) , d other is a white wannabe, i.e., d christians.

ME, i am aa Naira wannabe, cuz am aa PROUD-PAGAN-MAGUZAWA-HAUSA and im not so shameless enuf ta reject my true ancestor as all my brethren here hav done. angry angry angry angry angry angry

plz my friends, dont do this. by rejecting your true religions and ancestors, u r destroying your culture and rich heritage. this is not right.  sad sad sad sad

Before you even reject what he is saying the Arabs themselves have rejected what he is saying. He thinks that Arabs have his time. He should check out what is happening in Sudan and what Arab people are doing to black people.
Re: Thank You Athiest by EvilBrain1(m): 8:28am On Jun 09, 2011
Wow, this thread has descended into total retar.dation. Christians and muslims acting like monkeys flinging poo.

While the atheists smile and shake their heads.
Re: Thank You Athiest by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:42am On Jun 09, 2011
and we Pagans feel disgusted at wha dey hav done to themselves. these two fools r literally rapi.ng der identity n culture. angry angry angry angry

and u shud jus check out d state of South Sudan. d poor Dinka n Nuer tribals r fighting wi d Arabs on one end while greedy british n american missionaries r jumping at d chance to convert dem. in d end, d poor Pagan tribals r d losers. JUS LEAVE THEM ALONE, WILL YA!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Thank You Athiest by PastorAIO: 10:45am On Jun 09, 2011
Evil Brain:

Wow, this thread has descended into total retar.dation. Christians and muslims acting like monkeys flinging poo.

While the atheists smile and shake their heads.

Se you realise that Mazaje is an atheist.
Re: Thank You Athiest by Sweetnecta: 11:43am On Jun 09, 2011
@pagan9ja; « #26 on: Today at 07:45:01 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: Sweetnecta on Today at 03:14:45 AM
@Mazaje; « #23 on: Yesterday at 10:31:18 PM »i know the bold is your headache now. and as to the other part, as a yoruba man, i am an arab. go read obj's book, and no yoruba has opposed him on our arabness.
my soul accepts the story of creation from the Quran, unlike let us create man in our own image and in our likeness. and when you ask them to describe what that means, the christians will have a writer's block. and as for you, except that mom and dad said they are the vessel of which the Creator created you, were you there at your creation? yet you believed your parents, who had the same story from their own parents about them. parents do not always tell children that they had to wrestle many times and the wrestle that God used to create the child, even the wrestlers can identify it. see how much humans know.

i am arab as i have stated concerning the origin of the yorubas. further, i dont live in any arab country. you on the other hand is not white and you live in a first class anti religion white man's country, the reason you are a wanna be. i can do this with you all day long.

my soul and my ability to independently reason after i observe the order in creation. let me share an example with you; every year, there is a winter, followed by a spring, and then a summer after it and the circle ends with fall, which you may call autumn. that does not change year in, year out. pay attention, mazaje.

you do know that it Islam is the fastest growing religion, in the whole wide world? if this is the way you argue, you have a long list of basic knowledge that you are short of. enjoy the two videos below;

THATS AA LIE!!!!!!!!!!! U LIE ABOUT your ANCESTORS!!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

n derz no point in arguin u ppl, cuz u both r wannabes. one, d moslem, is aa arab wannabe( i jus proved by how he so wants to be associated wi d arabs. i wud kindly advise him to stand in front of d mirror and luk at his reflection n see his skin color Angry Angry) , d other is a white wannabe, i.e., d christians.

ME, i am aa Naira wannabe, cuz am aa PROUD-PAGAN-MAGUZAWA-HAUSA and im not so shameless enuf ta reject my true ancestor as all my brethren here hav done. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

plz my friends, dont do this. by rejecting your true religions and ancestors, u r destroying your culture and rich heritage. this is not right. Sad Sad Sad Sad[/Quote]how is my statement about yoruba people coming from an arab lineage, even so that every yoruba identify Makka as their ancestral town, read what obasanjo penned based on the oral history from his father, who heard it from his own father, who earlier heard it from his own father, and the same happened to the fathers in previous generations, that you, a young man says me, a man who heard the same story from my late grandmother, a princess from a great yoruba royalty says i am lying? heck. you are not even a yoruba! how could you know yoruba history more than the yorubas in previous successive generations who had passed the same story down even to this very day?

christian and animist yorubas, obasanjo is a christian and the adafa pastoraio is a new age animist, both agree that yorubas are from Arab Tribal bloodline. i think you lack credentials, because if you think oduduwa alone became the yorubas without women and clan members who married from one the same group, and multiplied by producing offspring, then you are dealing in unrealistic possibility. oduduwa and his party came from a land. that land is Makka, and she is the center of the world land mass, today. maybe the myth that oduduwa came from heaven or created the earth is what you are passing on?

if it is, you will be going against the paganism that you said is your way because, according to you in previous post, you believe their is a God, you are just ignorant that you need a physical representation of Him in front of you, the reason you chose the idols that you worship. to me your idolatry is a sign that you rejected God to Lord over you. you know there is a God, but you rejected His Lordship which is the process by which you would have known how to worship and obey Him in the way that pleases Him. instead you made up your own ways, with innovations as satan has incited you.

@Pastor AIO; « #27 on: Today at 07:53:55 AM »
[Quote]Quote from: PAGAN 9JA on Today at 07:45:01 AM

THATS AA LIE!!!!!!!!!!! U LIE ABOUT your ANCESTORS!!!!!!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

n derz no point in arguin u ppl, cuz u both r wannabes. one, d moslem, is aa arab wannabe( i jus proved by how he so wants to be associated wi d arabs. i wud kindly advise him to stand in front of d mirror and luk at his reflection n see his skin color Angry Angry) , d other is a white wannabe, i.e., d christians.

ME, i am aa Naira wannabe, cuz am aa PROUD-PAGAN-MAGUZAWA-HAUSA and im not so shameless enuf ta reject my true ancestor as all my brethren here hav done. Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry Angry

plz my friends, dont do this. by rejecting your true religions and ancestors, u r destroying your culture and rich heritage. this is not right. Sad Sad Sad Sad

Before you even reject what he is saying the Arabs themselves have rejected what he is saying. He thinks that Arabs have his time. He should check out what is happening in Sudan and what Arab people are doing to black people.[/Quote]pastor awon omo oyinbo to fie se yeye nigba ewe e se nkon fun e o. you know for sure that the yorubas are from Makka, because your ifa people in their odu ifa jives it before they throw what they throw. the present oba of lagos even refers to Makka and the ifa with the idolators during the lifetime of the messenger [as] which he demonstrated that they used ifa to locate which cave he was. but it is the Power of Allah that protected the messenger [as] and his hijra companion, abu bakr [ra]. o je soo ooto, iwo pastor. or you don't know anything about yoruba history and you are just jiving; ifa has not told you? you see how weak your knowledge of your own tribe is? boya eje o ti daa lori e ni?
and as to the sudanese, each of them, regardless of talking to him alone, or in group of sudanese people or mixture of people from other nations,

i have not heard anyone of them say that he is arab. the arab term coined on them in this darfur conflict, is mainly to be able to divide, conquer and rule by those who see an opening in family squabble. God protected Nigeria in the civil war by creating an ongoing distractions for America and Israel for the most part, which the degree of any distractions they have today is in the same measure. they used to separate biafrans as christians and the opposition, the federal government headed by 'jack' gowon as if jack is not a cristian and no christians in the other south; the yorubas and no christians in the north; the hausa/fulanis, gambaris, etc. you can see the lies of propaganda.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / Vatican Bitterly Irked By 1500-year-old Bible Newly Found In Turkey / First Photos From Bishop Oyedepo's Birthday Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 233
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.