Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,663 members, 7,820,328 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Thank You Athiest - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Thank You Athiest (2026 Views)

Why Do Athiest Belief There Is No GOD? / How To Debate Or Argue With An Athiest / Athiest Claim: If God Existed, Prayer Would Have Brought World Peace? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thank You Athiest by mazaje(m): 9:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
Pls who understands what sweetnecta is saying? I just don't understand a word of his epistle. . .  .How on earth can he say  every yoruba identifies Makka as their ancestral town and be expected to be taken seriously?. . . . His delusions knows no bounds. . . .
Re: Thank You Athiest by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:08am On Jun 10, 2011
@Sweetnecta, to understand d Youruba, i do not nid to be Yoruba. its not as if its in-built, that whenever a Yoruba kids born, he immediately identifies his place of origin to Makka. thats jus bullcr.ap. i have studied a lot about Paganism n tribes especially West African tribes and i dont nid clarification as to d origin of d Yorubas. i mean, who is Obasanjo to decide on the ancestry of d Yorubas, many of who r Pagan Animist and even christian. just because he was former president and all dat bullcr.ap, it doesnt mean dat whaever he says is d truth and believable. maybe he waas jus tryin to do dat in order to appease d moslems to vote for him. this all politics. Oduduwa ofcourse didnt multiply by himself. First of all, Oduduwa is a legendary figure. He is the progeniter of d clan and if he existed, he way of multiplying might have been sumthing miraculous or of that sort. Bu how he multiplied is none of our concern. Our concern here is that he was originally from West Africa and NOT from Arabia. almost alll moslems claim descent from arabia. thats fact. Even ppl such as d Malays, sum Indians, many Africans, all claim descent from arabia or muhammad n dey r of an entirely different race. its so crystal clear dat this sort of ideology was implanted into their minds by d invading arabs or by d islamic preachers. its all bullcr.ap. do you truly think u r arab have u ever ben to d Gulf i have. d arabs r fair, many r even white lyk paper n dey have pointed noses, and r so different from Nairas. Yorubas r black, have flat noses and have completely different features. r u saying this is sum sort of magical transformation!!!!!!!! r d Yorubas hollywood characters or sumthin srsly,  and WHAT AA COINCIDENCE!!!!!!!! d Yorubas according to u  trace der origin from makkah, while der r 1000s of other place in Arabia. WHY ONLY MAKKAH ISNT IT NOW PLAIN OBVIOUS DAT THIS IDEA IS D WORK OF ISLAMIC PREACHERS  just cuz makkah is d holiest place of islam, u ppl r claiming dat its your brthplace. just get aal ife will ya!!! i mean wats rong wit our beautiful Nigeria, eh REJECTING your TRUE BIRTHPLACE AND HOMELAND IS ALSO A GREAT SIN SWEETNECTA N DONT TRY TO FOOL MY YORUBA BRETHREN!!!!!! U WILL FACE your ANCESTORS N GODS AT your DEATH N DEN U WILL REPENT, WHEN IT IS TOO LATE. angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

and u r NO ONE TO DECIDE WHETHER I HAVE REJECTED MY GOD OR NOT. who r u to do so, eh i worship my idols as a physical representation of my God, n HOW DARE U SAY DAT SATAN HAS INCITED ME instead its your satan who has incited YOU for spreading these lies n stuff. go home fella n stop foolin ppl.
Re: Thank You Athiest by unphilaz(m): 8:17pm On Jun 13, 2011
@theHomer
Thanks for your questions

thehomer:

Not your life? Is it Christ that is living your life or are you the one living your life trying to base this on Christ?
As i earlier stated, a Branch/leave cannot on its own live without the life of the Vine, so in actual fact it is His Life living His Life thru me!

Where did you get this information? Is it from the Bible or did Christ tell you this directly?
As i said the bible is not a book of rules/dos & donts but describes how the Life lived through men and those that didn't allow it to flow.

So are you effectively saying is that due to religion, the expectations from the religion are not obtained?
Yes the 'expectations' of religion are not obtained becos it is man-made. for instance 10 ways to get this or that but u don't say that of life, it flows as it chooses or can you control how life will act/behave?

So you wish to present a church without doctrines or dogma? Please present an outline of how you wish to go about doing this.
Very simple, rest in the Life of Christ in You (those that believe in the death,burial and resurrection of Christ).

After this reflection, what is your response?
Simply its the Good life that is above the religious nonsense of the institutionalized denomination.
Re: Thank You Athiest by thehomer: 6:54am On Jun 14, 2011
unphilaz:

@theHomer
Thanks for your questions

You're welcome.

unphilaz:

As i earlier stated, a Branch/leave cannot on its own live without the life of the Vine, so in actual fact it is His Life living His Life thru me!

I hope you realize that by this assertion, anytime you act immorally or commit a crime, it is Christ that commits this crime? And of course I don't expect that you ask for forgiveness everyday.

unphilaz:

As i said the bible is not a book of rules/dos & donts but describes how the Life lived through men and those that didn't allow it to flow.

I heard this the first time. My question is how do you know it is not a book of rules but what you said above?

unphilaz:

Yes the 'expectations' of religion are not obtained becos it is man-made. for instance 10 ways to get this or that but u don't say that of life, it flows as it chooses or can you control how life will act/behave?

Hold on. You said due to religion, these religious expectations are not obtained. So what is hindering the other? If the expectations of the religion are hindering the religion, then how do you propose to get this religion of yours free of all expectation?

unphilaz:

Very simple, rest in the Life of Christ in You (those that believe in the death,burial and resurrection of Christ).

Well, what you've stated above is doctrine. Once you flesh them out, they become dogma which I suspect will be very close to what you currently believe as a Christian. Thus you have still failed to show your religious establishment without dogma.

unphilaz:

Simply its the Good life that is above the religious nonsense of the institutionalized denomination.

This does not answer the question. Here, I'll give you the question again.
What is so good about the Christian life that it should be sought above other things?
Re: Thank You Athiest by unphilaz(m): 8:49pm On Jun 14, 2011
thehomer:

You're welcome.

I hope you realize that by this assertion, anytime you act immorally or commit a crime, it is Christ that commits this crime? And of course I don't expect that you ask for forgiveness everyday.

well let me let you up front, i am daily growing in this Life - just as a branch on a tree will continue to grow as long as it is attached to the vine tree. I dont claim to arrive but daily and consciously i am enjoying it not to act imorally. How u might say, i have peace and joy.

I heard this the first time. My question is how do you know it is not a book of rules but what you said above?

Let me give u an illustration, using the children of Israel in eygpt. From thier freedom before mount sinai, no law was given but simply as they rest in the covenant of the sacrificed lamb (communion), u will notice that they complained, grumbled etc but no mention of God's judgment. But after they claim that they will keep God's rules, the covenent changed from God's unmerited favor to what they must do to merit (10 commandments ) from then on you will notice when they complained, grumbled etc judgement fell on them. so can u see in a simple summary

Hold on. You said due to religion, these religious expectations are not obtained. So what is hindering the other? If the expectations of the religion are hindering the religion, then how do you propose to get this religion of yours free of all expectation?

Pls understand what i meant is that the so called 'expectation' of religion [/b]is man made and not an outwork of Life. Again this is not religion but i told u it is Life of the Vine. U cant control the life of tree can u?

[b]Well, what you've stated above is doctrine. Once you flesh them out, they become dogma which I suspect will be very close to what you currently believe as a Christian. Thus you have still failed to show your religious establishment without dogma.

Now must a branch follow a set of dogma for it to be able to bear leaves/fruits; whereby it struggles to produce the leaves/fruits or it simply rest in the Vine that provides it all nourishment (life)? What i want u to know is that rules/regulations has tried to make christian Life but it has failed to only reduce it to religion.

This does not answer the question. Here, I'll give you the question again.
What is so good about the Christian life that it should be sought above other things?

Unless you are grafted into the Vine, u might not understand how good is the life, do u care?
Re: Thank You Athiest by Nobody: 6:35am On Jun 15, 2011
^^^^^^

Religion/Spirituality!!! When you can't explain what you mean or believe in a concise manner, just resort to flaky metaphors and events that never happened.
Re: Thank You Athiest by unphilaz(m): 10:55am On Jun 19, 2011
Martian:

^^^^^^

Religion/Spirituality!!! When you can't explain what you mean or believe in a concise manner, just resort to flaky metaphors and events that never happened.

what in all i have said above doesnt make sense? do u see the life of the tree outside your window? does it make sense to u that even though u dont see it, the result is what u observe. metaphor are used to describe events one can explain at best wat he/she experience to the other? abi
Re: Thank You Athiest by Nobody: 11:25am On Jun 19, 2011
unphilaz:

what in all i have said above doesnt make sense? do u see the life of the tree outside your window? does it make sense to u that even though u dont see it, the result is what u observe. metaphor are used to describe events one can explain at best wat he/she experience to the other? abi

What??!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does ‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / Do Debtors Inherit The Kingdom Of God? / Faith That Produces Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.