Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) (889 Views)

CNN Apologises For Spreading Israeli Fake News On 40 Babies Beheading / FW De Klerk Dies At 85 / Biden Spoke Against Apartheid In South Africa In 1986 Throwback Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by TMKsouth: 5:16pm On Nov 11, 2021
South Africa’s last white president, F.W. de Klerk, who died on Thursday aged 85, apologized for the crimes committed to people of color in a 7-minute long video released by his foundation on its website hours after his death.

“I am often accused by critics that I in some way or another continued to justify apartheid or separate development, as we later preferred to call it. It is true that in my younger years I defended separate development,” De Klerk says in the video.

“Afterwards, on many occasions, I apologised to the South African public for the pain and indignity that apartheid has brought to people of colour in SA. Many believed me but others didn't.”

De Klerk says that he is apologising once more as the leader of the National Party and in his personal capacity.

“I without qualification apologise for the pain and hurt and the indignity and the damage that apartheid has done to black, brown and Indians in SA,” he says in the video.

De Klerk died in his Cape Town home on Thursday after a long battle with cancer.

He is survived by his wife Elita, his children Jan and Susan, and his grandchildren, his foundation said in a statement.

“The family will, in due course, make an announcement regarding funeral arrangements,” the foundation said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AjzdKHE4uU

1 Share

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by TMKsouth: 5:17pm On Nov 11, 2021
Last Apartheid President, FW De Klerk Dies At 85

https://www.nairaland.com/6845166/fw-de-klerk-dies-85
Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by Folahh(f): 5:20pm On Nov 11, 2021
RIP
Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by fergie001: 5:24pm On Nov 11, 2021
Ya ....his pre-recorded video.

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by daveP(m): 5:27pm On Nov 11, 2021
The Preacher said it, All is Vanities.

What he once bragged and believe Should be the way is what he doubted as his life reduced to the very last breath. And he came to realize the pain and damage standing for evil has on generations born and unborn. Many more to come. But its best to live and treat people right, fear God and do best to ensure that justice is not thwarted by bent in anyway possible.

This apology is like a gram of an element compared to a Mountain load of pain and suffering. A pity it had to come to this. I hope he saw the right way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by MRDEE01: 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2021
Good
Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by TMKsouth: 5:35pm On Nov 11, 2021
fergie001:
Ya ....his pre-recorded video.

Couldn't he have apologized while he was still alive undecided? Could have saved us all so much trauma.

I must say my mom got emotional over the apology. It means a lot to the older generation.
Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by fergie001: 5:47pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

Couldn't he have apologized while he was still alive undecided? Could have saved us all so much trauma.

I must say my mom got emotional over the apology. It means a lot to the older generation.
He said he will be misunderstood if he did. I just saw some videos during his reign, now I know where the anger is coming from.

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by aryzgreat: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
Apologized before his death not after his death

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by TMKsouth: 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2021
South Africa reacts...

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by TMKsouth: 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2021
fergie001:

He said he will be misunderstood if he did. I just saw some videos during his reign, now I know where the anger is coming from.

The New South Africa is miracle I tell you.
Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by fergie001: 6:01pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

The New South Africa is miracle I tell you.
Very bad.......I couldn't watch any longer.

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by DOTian: 6:22pm On Nov 11, 2021
daveP:
The Preacher said it, All is Vanities.

What he once bragged and believe Should be the way is what he doubted as his life reduced to the very last breath. And he came to realize the pain and damage standing for evil has on generations born and unborn. Many more to come. But its best to live and treat people right, fear God and do best to ensure that justice is not thwarted by bent in anyway possible.

This apology is like a gram of an element compared to a Mountain load of pain and suffering. A pity it had to come to this. I hope he saw the right way.

He more or else ended apartheid in South Africa...., don't forget..
Some might say he had no options at that stage.... But powerful Western countries actually provided the South African apartheid regimes all they needed to grow and survive with their evil ideology. Britain for instance. He could have resigned his position then, than allow Mandela out of prison...
Warts and all, I think he did enough to deserve some commendation....
Btw ,
Black on Black apartheid against the igbos is going on unchallenged in Nigeria as we speak and some of you being favored by the system need to stand up and be counted like one De Clerk..

4 Likes

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by TMKsouth: 6:48pm On Nov 11, 2021
DOTian:

Some might say he had no options at that stage.... But powerful Western countries actually provided the South African apartheid regimes all they needed to grow and survive with their evil ideology. Britain for instance. He could have resigned his position then, than allow Mandela out of prison...
Btw ,
Black on Black apartheid against the igbos is going on unchallenged in Nigeria as we speak and some of you being favored by the system need to stand up and be counted like one De Clerk.

It's always difficult standing up for the marginalized especially if u believe it's gonna result in you losing power.

In SA it was obvious that if apartheid was abolished the black population would naturally rise to the helm as the majority - so I guess De Klerk can be commended for his bravery. But no doubt he was also pushed by circumstance - apartheid had hit a brick wall.

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by MrBrownJay1(m): 7:17pm On Nov 11, 2021
may that bastard demon (and his BS apology) rot in some gutters of surulere!
Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by rayvelez(m): 7:26pm On Nov 11, 2021
Na so Nigerians will await dis useless apology when he his gone.
Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by vedaxcool(m): 7:40pm On Nov 11, 2021
[s]
DOTian:

Btw ,
Black on Black apartheid against the igbos is going on unchallenged in Nigeria as we speak and some of you being favored by the system need to stand up and be counted like one De Clerk..
[/s]

Ignore this liar. He supports terrorist members of his tribe to kill innocent people of his own tribe just because he wants a separate nation. He is ideology is worse than that the of apartheid regime, at least they were no eating their own out of sheer hatred for one man!

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by Eastlink(m): 8:05pm On Nov 11, 2021
May his soul rest in peace.
Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by DOTian: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Ignore this liar. He supports terrorist members of his tribe to kill innocent people of his own tribe just because he wants a separate nation. He is ideology is worse than that the of apartheid regime, at least they were no eating their own out of sheer hatred for one man!
Mandela was once called a terrorist!
Ditto Steve Biko..
Black on Black Apartheid supporters like you will always call freedom fighters terrorists, but the good thing is that the whole world knows that you're nothing but a bunch of genocidal killers ...

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by DOTian: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2021
TMKsouth:

It's always difficult standing up for the marginalized especially if u believe it's gonna result in you losing power.

In SA it was obvious that if apartheid was abolished the black population would naturally rise to the helm as the majority - so I guess De Klerk can be commended for his bravery. But no doubt he was also pushed by circumstance - apartheid had hit a brick wall.

Can't put it better..

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by vedaxcool(m): 1:44am On Nov 12, 2021
[s]
DOTian:

Mandela was once called a terrorist!
Ditto Steve Biko..
Black on Black Apartheid supporters like you will always call freedom fighters terrorists, but the good thing is that the whole world knows that you're nothing but a bunch of genocidal killers ...
[/s]

Nah men, you terrorists clowns are nowhere near the great mandiba. Mandiba did not kill his people and delude himself that it will give him victory, he did not resort to ethnic bigotry and hate .... Yeah sadly the whole world does not buy your jenkum inspired lies,have you noticed no country of note has peddled the drug up lies ipob spew. So keep deluding yourself just avoid Mpuru Mmiri else you will end up in the deep end.

1 Like

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by TMKsouth: 4:08am On Nov 12, 2021
FW De Klerk had been under constant pressure to acknowledge apartheid was a crime against humanity.

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by DOTian: 6:57am On Nov 12, 2021
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Nah men, you terrorists clowns are nowhere near the great mandiba. Mandiba did not kill his people and delude himself that it will give him victory, he did not resort to ethnic bigotry and hate .... Yeah sadly the whole does not buy your jenkum inspired lies,have you noticed no country of note had peddled the say drug up lies ipob spew. So keep deluding yourself just avoid Mpuru Mmiri before else you will end up in the deep end.

Lol
Keep shouting "terrorists" from here till the end of the world whenever you see an Igbo... In the end, it's only a hateful bunch of economic parasites like you, that does that in Nigeria. Parasitic Unity Beggars afraid to stand alone by themselves. The leaders of the group you label a terrorist organization are living freely and happily in the most developed and the most sophisticated parts of the world, while you're stuck at Ogbomosho, shouting your pitiable self hoarse...
The joke is on you really...
Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by Transcriber: 11:28am On Nov 13, 2021
DOTian:

Lol
Keep shouting "terrorists" from here till the end of the world whenever you see an Igbo... In the end, it's only a hateful bunch of economic parasites like you, that does that in Nigeria. Parasitic Unity Beggars afraid to stand alone by themselves. The leaders of the group you label a terrorist organization are living freely and happily in the most developed and the most sophisticated parts of the world, while you're stuck at Ogbomosho, shouting your pitiable self hoarse...
The joke is on you really...
keep deceiving yourself

The world knows better

When all your able bodied men go
Your head will return
Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by DOTian: 12:20pm On Nov 13, 2021
Transcriber:
keep deceiving yourself

The world knows better

When all your able bodied men go
Your head will return
Unity Beggar
Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by Transcriber: 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2021
DOTian:

Unity Beggar
do i resemble a unity begger? cheesy

I just dey wait for your biafla cheesy
Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by TMKsouth: 3:00pm On Nov 14, 2021
Private funeral and cremation set for Sunday, 21 November. No media. No State Funeral.

Re: FW De Klerk Apologises For Apartheid Hours After His Death (video) by BlackfireX: 7:50pm On Nov 15, 2021
I think this man was /is right... forget about sentiments... he was right about Africans...we are myopic, corrupt, tribalist, religious imps, sit put attitude

You were an icon de klerk

If the whites had stayed in Nigeria till 2000 ... there will be no coup, corruption

6 years they left .. chaos

Who were the iddiiots that ask them to leave??

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: UN Confirms Deal With Russia, Evacuating Civilians From Mariupol Plant / SA Names "Fantastic A-team" In Genocide Case Against Israel (PIX) / Mugabe Out, Morgan In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.