Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert (48334 Views)

Plane Crash That Killed Marília Mendonça Turns 1 Year Today(photos) / Naira Marley Brought Mompha On Stage At A Concert (Video) / Future And Lori Harvey Arrive Lagos, Nigeria For A Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Explorers(m): 10:10pm On Nov 12, 2021
Award-winning Brazilian singer Marília Mendonça was killed in a plane crash along with four others after the private jet carrying the star, her producer and her uncle went down near a waterfall in southeastern Brazil on Friday.

Mendonça, 26, was on her way to a concert in the Minas Gerais city of Caratinga when the private aircraft crashed.

Mendonça, who won a Latin Grammy Award in 2019, leaves behind one-year-old son named Léo.

Two of the four other victims were identified as her producer Henrique Ribeiro, and her uncle and advisor Abicieli Silveira Dias.

The names of the pilot and co-pilot have not been released.

Their deaths were confirmed by the Military Fire Department of Minas Gerais.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10170723/Popular-Brazilian-singer-Mar-lia-Mendon-26-killed-four-plane-crash.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Explorers(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
Just an hour before the deadly crash, Mendonça uploaded a video to Twitter and Instagram that showed her pulling her suitcase and carrying her guitar before she boarded the flight.

Screen grab of a video posted by Brazilian country music singer Marília Mendonça an hour before she and four other people were killed in the crash.

She had 22 million subscribers on YouTube, 40 million followers on Instagram and more than eight million monthly listeners on Spotify.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10170723/Popular-Brazilian-singer-Mar-lia-Mendon-26-killed-four-plane-crash.html
Lalasticlala Mynd44

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Explorers(m): 10:11pm On Nov 12, 2021
The twin-engine Beech Aircraft took off from Goiânia and was headed to Caratinga when it crashed around 3:30 local time.

The wreckage of a small airplane that crashed with Brazilian country singer Marilia Mendonca, 26, is seen near a waterfall area in Piedade de Caratinga

The Military Fire Department of Minas Gerais said all five passengers were found dead inside the aircraft.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Explorers(m): 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
A convoy with the body of Brazilian singer Marilia Mendonca is seen before her wake at Arena Goiania sports centre, in Goiania, state of Goias, Brazil.

Ruth Moreira Dias, mother of Brazilian singer, Marília Mendonça, leans over her daughter's coffin at a wake on Saturday.

A sea of mourners overlook Mendonça's casket during her wake at the Arena Goiania sports centre, in Goiania
Fans started lining up at dawn outside the 15,000-capacity arena where large floral arrangements were arriving in a steady stream, AFP reported.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Explorers(m): 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Marília Mendonça's producer, Henrique Ribeiro, was among the other four victims who died in the crash.

Abicelí Silveira Dias, the uncle and advisor of late Brazilian country music singer Marília Mendonça, also died in Friday's plane crash.

Co-pilot Tarciso Pessoa Viana leaves behind a pregnant wife and two children.

Geraldo Medeiros, a divorced father-of-three, was piloting the plane that crashed in Minas Gerais, Brazil, on Friday, killing him, his co-pilot and three other people, including country music singer Marília Mendonça.

Marilia with her one-year-old son, Leo, will be two in December.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 12, 2021
Rip to her

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by nmaihat: 10:14pm On Nov 12, 2021
So sad and such a young lady

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Treasure17(m): 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
May her soul rest in peace. Sad.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Righteousness2(m): 10:18pm On Nov 12, 2021
What a terrible death! Indeed Death has no respect for young or old.
Condolences to her Family.

This is why we must live this Life in the Conciousness of our Eternity at all times.

Because once we close our Eyes in Death,
it will not Matter how rich or poor you are.
It won't matter the Car you drove, the Jet you owned or how Connected you are.
It won't matter how Popular you were.

What will matter on that day is if you Have a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.

Heaven and Hell are Real Folks! People are entering them now! The Choice is in your Hands!

146 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by TheMainMan: 10:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
May her soul rest in peace
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by NNtv(m): 10:20pm On Nov 12, 2021
Rest in peace.
This world is truly not our own, nor a thing to boost of. Our breath is the hands of God.

Let love lead

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Folabifreeman(m): 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
Pretty babe.
Can you tell?
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by MissSlimbody(f): 10:22pm On Nov 12, 2021
This is sad embarassed
May their souls find peace
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 12, 2021
Eyah cry cry cry
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Eife(m): 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2021
What will you do
When you know
You’ve got few hours to live

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by xpressionx(m): 10:30pm On Nov 12, 2021
rip to her.
Such a sad news
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by NobleSeed(m): 10:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
so sad
Rip to her cry
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Jeon(f): 10:58pm On Nov 12, 2021
So sad
RIP
Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by emmabest2000(m): 11:00pm On Nov 12, 2021
Too much plane crashed these days,
Technology is failing humans

But then we go still dey fly shaa grin

6 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Crossroad1(m): 11:03pm On Nov 12, 2021
Never heard of her before but r.i.p to her..
This world/life is a mystery...

4 Likes

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by FarahAideed: 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
A quick look at the crash site and wreckage I can tell following things :

1 .The plane lost power to both engines long before the impact.

2 . The plane had empty fuel tank at the time of the crash .

3. The crash-land was a controlled glide with the propellers properly feathered for such approach.

4. I suspect this aircraft ran out of fuel because I know it doesn't have the ability to dump fuel .

59 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by cayorday89(m): 11:08pm On Nov 12, 2021
Thanks Oga explorers, was too lazy to search for full details after Neymar paid tribute to her after scoring in a match as a friend of his, and none of my trusted YouTube news channel covered it. RIP to her. She was going out to do what she loves best and also earn her income but alas she found death, timely or not life happens.
RIP to all departed souls.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by NairalandMD: 11:24pm On Nov 12, 2021
FarahAideed:
A quick look at the crash site and wreckage I can tell following things :

1 .The plane lost power to both engines long before the impact.

2 . The plane had empty fuel tank at the time of the crash .

3. The crash-land was a controlled glide with the propellers properly feathered for such approach.

4. I suspect this aircraft ran out of fuel because I know it doesn't have the ability to dump fuel .
exactly my thought, the pilot really tried but nah impact shock go kill em (heart attack)... coz the plane noh really crash like that nah

51 Likes

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by tellwisdom: 11:30pm On Nov 12, 2021
So no parachute to fly out? Or their mind went blank hearing the plane was misbehaving??

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by FarahAideed: 11:34pm On Nov 12, 2021
NairalandMD:

exactly my thought, the pilot really tried but nah impact shock go kill em (heart attack)... coz the plane noh really crash like that nah

Yes he really put the plane down well despite tupsy turvy environment...The entire wreckage intact in one spot.. Na shock definitely kill dem

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Kirkman: 11:43pm On Nov 12, 2021
FarahAideed:

Yes he really put the plane down well despite tupsy turvy environment...The entire wreckage intact in one spot.. Na shock definitely kill dem
This kind crash suppose get survivors nah! The plane didn't mothball into flames. The wreckage is still intact. May the souls of the departed rest in perfect peace. Amen.

35 Likes

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by wallay77(m): 12:33am On Nov 13, 2021
My 10k loss this night...nawa ooo

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by youngblaq: 2:03am On Nov 13, 2021
Righteousness2:
What a terrible death! Indeed Death has no respect for young or old.
Condolences to her Family.

This is why we must live this Life in the Conciousness of our Eternity at all times.

Because once we close our Eyes in Death,
it will not Matter how rich or poor you are.
It won't matter the Car you drove, the Jet you owned or how Connected you are.
It won't matter how Popular you were.

What will matter on that day is if you Have a Genuie relationship with JESUS Christ.

Heaven and Hell are Real Folks! People are entering them now! The Choice is in your Hands!

I trust you. Abi no be you??

5 Likes

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by youngblaq: 2:04am On Nov 13, 2021
wallay77:
My 10k loss this night...nawa ooo

Dem pick your pocket?

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by kenic(m): 4:04am On Nov 13, 2021
It was a really sad news. Saw the news on my insta feed few hours after the crash. I listened to and watched one of her songs years back on YouTube, I really enjoyed it even though I didn't understand the lyrics, . The only Latin American artist song on my Spotify playlist, nice vocals and with great melody. I didn't know she was such a young lady
...damn! . May her soul rest in peace.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by ForeThinker: 4:13am On Nov 13, 2021
The names of the pilot and co-pilot have not been released.

Someone probably was hiding close to to the water fall...

Cartel related I presume

She does knows too much

2 Likes

Re: Brazilian Singer, Marília Mendonça Dies In Plane Crash On Her Way To A Concert by Tokskob2008: 4:25am On Nov 13, 2021
Very sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Peter Okoye Looks Dapper In Suit , Shows Off Cars Collection. - Pictures / Zinoleesky and Mohbad Arrested By NDLEA At Their Residence (Video) / BBNaija: I Go Die Supports Efe With His Cadillac Escalade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.