Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,308 members, 7,836,343 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) (61717 Views)

See The Groom's And Bride's Mothers' Outfits /Dance That Got People Talking / Marriage And Its Challenges; My wife is pushing me to the extremes / The Consequences Of Late Marriage And Why You Should Marry Early (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by CSTRR: 5:27am On Nov 14, 2021
Oduduwa707:

Bro, na the other way actually...
Because una get two head na, and you fine pass Brad Pitt with your ugly faces.
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by CoolAmbience(m): 6:10am On Nov 14, 2021
temitope27:
how many Igbos do you see marrying Yoruba girls

Bros, dem dey marry Yoruba ladies o.

But mostly, na Delta and South-south women dem dey marry.

Only my family sef, we be three men. Me and my younger bro marry Delta women. Na only my elder brother marry from our place, Anambra.

2 Likes

Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by buzorcharles(m): 6:15am On Nov 14, 2021
Tomorrow she will shout equality. After been bought as a slave
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by temitope27(m): 6:42am On Nov 14, 2021
CoolAmbience:

Bros, dem dey marry Yoruba ladies o.

But mostly, na Delta and South-south women dem dey marry.

Only my family sef, we be three men. Me and my younger bro marry Delta women. Na only my elder brother marry from our place, Anambra.

do you marry those Delta women because of high bride price in ibo land or u just love them

Or even maybe u people grew up in delta
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by captain2020(m): 7:23am On Nov 14, 2021
Akwa Ibom marriage list is more expensive than this. It nothing list than 1.5m. Ask any one from Akwa Ibom
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by InvertedHammer: 8:29am On Nov 14, 2021
Stormtrooper11:
An Igbo Nigerian wedding expenses list, was posted online on Twitter. It was trailed with different comments from different people. While some saw it as an appropriate list, others saw it as unnecessarily expensive.

What are your opinions Nairalanders?

1st Pic: The actual marriage, Bride price list
2nd & 3rd Pics: File photos for illustrations
/

This cannot be the full list. It must be page 1 of x pages.
Just the father-in-law and mother-in-law? Nothing for the family, kindred, umuada, youths?

/
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by Ubanz: 9:55am On Nov 14, 2021
That's their standard,if you can't keep up then skip it.
They make sure they invest in their female child education wise.
That's why Igbo Men struggle to meet up.
No one wants a nonentity or a liability as an in-law.
The list is not upto my daughter's upkeep before Jss1.
Besides such lists are not for all suitors.
The list will be tapered with mercy if the suitor had contributed in the fiance's education or business.
Are u capable? If not go get ur size.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by Mchawi(f): 10:19am On Nov 14, 2021
MPESA:

Like seriously, are they IMO STATE Pro-Max cheesy.

I mean it o.. Akwa ibom is worse

1 Like

Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by MPESA(m): 10:40am On Nov 14, 2021
Mchawi:

I mean it o.. Akwa ibom is worse

Na wa o .
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by stephcat: 10:42am On Nov 14, 2021
Oboi just Knife alone 20k...father in law Na John snow
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by Dominion791(m): 11:48am On Nov 14, 2021
Na to go marry for Indian ooo, I hear say na women dey pay men sef...
If you are a lady from India inbox me make we arrange...
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by Jamesbiodun(m): 1:25pm On Nov 14, 2021
Shey the father inlaw want to buy heavenly knife with 20k grin and mother inlaw own is 5k....
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by Sleekfingers: 2:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
temitope27:
how many Igbos do you see marrying Yoruba girls

Many..... especially in lagos
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by Sleekfingers: 2:37pm On Nov 14, 2021
Useless culture......who does that in this 21st century?
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by CoolAmbience(m): 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
temitope27:
do you marry those Delta women because of high bride price in ibo land or u just love them

Or even maybe u people grew up in delta

E fit be love sha (though i no too believe in love... for me, mutual tolerance and respect, understanding, looks, intellect etc, cuts it), but you know economic factor is often underplayed in marriage, even though it is a key consideration.

We stayed in Delta for a few years though we didn't really grow up there. We moved around the country, spending most of our growing in different parts of the North, Kaduna, Niger, Abuja etc.
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by Mrpojj(m): 3:34pm On Nov 14, 2021
Stormtrooper11:
An Igbo Nigerian wedding expenses list, was posted online on Twitter. It was trailed with different comments from different people. While some saw it as an appropriate list, others saw it as unnecessarily expensive.

What are your opinions Nairalanders?

1st Pic: The actual marriage, Bride price list
2nd & 3rd Pics: File photos for illustrations
Those things are negotiable though

1 Like

Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by archangel1(m): 3:49pm On Nov 14, 2021
Baawaa:
This is the main reason Ibo guys are marrying Yoruba ladies these days.

Make we hear word.
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by Dybala11(m): 3:52pm On Nov 14, 2021
Omo, 20k for knife. Abi na mechanized knife e be ni? grin
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by takimsipho(m): 4:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
Daniel058:
grin that's why you hardly see Igbo people divorce.. unlike a neighbouring state CROSS RIVER cheesy ,where one lady would be married up to 4 times to different men From the same village.

Note : The pride price is not as high as that here oo grin

Come to Ebonyi state and Marry our beautiful women o grin .

Izzi , ezza, ohaozara nwere enough Wife Materials grin
Since you feel like talking nonsense. Let a Cross River person face you. I pity you igbo men, where your girls will travel outside your state and Bleep around (come see dem in Abuja) and then you use millions to marry them. Get pregnant for another man and yet your tradition expects you to raise the child since she is your wife. Igbo women looking expensive while the husband dress cheaply, enslaving to satisfy a woman. Baba dey your lane. N.B...just to say igbo people don't get divorced, you endure bullshit
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by wowmagonline: 6:46pm On Apr 24, 2022
See the amount told by this guy to pay for her bride. The guy don run for his dear life.

How can I pay this big? Am I buying her
https://www.immigratefly.xyz/2022/04/bride-price-list-in-igbo-land.html?m=1
Re: An Igbo Marriage And Bride Price List Worth ₦1.187.000 (Photo) by potland: 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2023
osazsky:
if its the girl u want oga pay..nothing is too much to pay to get your woman...after that her traditions turns to your tradition then you can give your own children out in your own tradition.if its thier tradition to sell thier daughters there is nothing u can do about it but there are implications.the husband losses respects for the father in laws. Uncles and her entire family at time he may band them from paying visits even after childbirth..2 girls from that community will grow old before seeing suitors as this scares other man.so only wealthy men go for them and at times they dont marry thier true love..so its complicted.what u cant change no need discusing it..like ours it is 27 naira and nothing on earth can change that.if u like start discussing how cheap on nairalland any time u wan marry benin girl we must ask for that same 27 naira
after 27 naira, no list?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

If Your Daughter Did This To Your Car, What Would You Do? (Photo) / Husband Catches His Pregnant Wife Having Sex With Another Man In Uganda Hospital / When Your In-laws Are Not Happy Over The Arrival Your New Born Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.