Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,212 members, 7,829,346 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Come To Me. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Come To Me. (122 Views)

Will This Biblical Quote On UN Wall Ever Come To Pass?(photo) / Prophet Wale Olagunju Prophecies About 2019 Elections That Have Come To Pass / Father Mbaka’s Curse On Bishop Obinna And Okorocha Has Come To Pass (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Come To Me. by AbundantLife05: 6:27am On Nov 14, 2021
ABUNDANT LIFE VISION.
COME TO ME. MT 11:28

Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] AMPC.
Good morning friends, I am happy to welcome you to today’s teaching. It is my prayer that those who are yet to go to the Lord will do so in Jesus name. Our topic today is “Come to me". I want you to know dear friends that “come to me" is an invitation. God is inviting us to something, this invitation is an open one which has no end. It is for as many people who are willing to honour the invitation. Just as in every invitation to a ceremony or an event, there is something to be gained by those invited to the event. In the case of God’s invitation, he wants us to get rest when we honour his invitation. The invitation of God is an invitation to rest.

1. Rest from sin. Ps 23:2
“He lets me rest in green meadows; he leads me beside peaceful streams.” NLT.

God wants to give us rest from sin. He does this when we repent from our sins and confess his son as the Lord and saviour. Rom 10:9; “if you openly declare that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” NLT. Also, Gal 5:24; “Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.” NLT. Jesus gives us freedom over sin and gives us rest in that regard because sin is a burden. If you look at Gal 5: 19-23, you will discover that the bible mentioned sixteen works pf the flesh and nine fruits of the Spirit. What this means is that sin has more baggage than holiness. If you give your life to Christ, God replaces sixteen or more loads that sin has put on you with nine light loads which are the fruits of the Spirit. Mt 11:30; “For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” NLT.

2. Rest from oppression. Luke 11:14
“One day Jesus cast out a demon from a man who couldn’t speak, and when the demon was gone, the man began to speak. The crowds were amazed.” NLT.

There are oppression out there. Demonic powers are out there to get people, to possess and influence them to bring about different outcomes like sicknesses, diseases and other inexplicable conditions. The man in the scripture read was sick with speech disorder. For him to be healed, Jesus had to send the spirit that possessed him out. After this, he got his rest from the problem. In the same vein, the mad man of Gerasenes in Luke 8: 26-33 was possessed with many demons (Legion) got free from his oppression when the spirits left his body. Oppression can be in many forms but there is freedom in Christ regarding them.

3. Rest in eternity. Heb 4:8-9
“Now if Joshua had succeeded in giving them this rest, God would not have spoken about another day of rest still to come. So there is a special rest still waiting for the people of God.” NLT.

There is another “world" after this. In that world, people will either be in eternal rest or suffering. This is illustrated in Luke 16: 19-31. It will be terrible to experience an eternity in pain as Jesus put it in Mt 13:42-43 ; “And the angels will throw them into the fiery furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.” NLT.
However, those who honour God’s invitation to rest on earth will have rest in eternity. They will shine like the sun and live in the new Jerusalem. A city where all tears will be wiped away and there will be no more death.

Therefore, if you are reading this and you haven’t honoured the invitation of God or you have gone back to your old way of life, I want you to accept this invitation and come into the family of God by saying this prayer after me; Lord Jesus, thank you for dying for my sins, I confess you as my Lord and saviour and I ask that you forgive my sins. Please write my name in the book of life and I will serve you forever. Amen. If you have said that prayer wholeheartedly, I rejoice with you, make sure you join a bible believing church as you start your journey in Christ.

If you have been blessed by this write up and you have questions and comments, you can contact Abundant Life Vision on the following platforms:
Twitter: VisionAbundant
Instagram: visionabundantlife
Email: visionabundantlife@gmail.com
God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

The Knowledge Of GOD / Check Out This Great Prayer Request Form / Check Out This Great Prayer Request Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.